March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Ultimate Price, Pt. 2 [DW/Rory]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 5:32:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
A terrible omen bubbled up Shalin's gut as she sat astride her shiny Beedrill, Queen Zing, the Pokémon's compound eyes watchful for . She would be looking for Pokémon to populate her Romping Grounds with. She also hadn't had the chance to discuss the process of synthesizing Type: Null with the researcher. Perhaps there was a different way of going about it that wouldn't be so harmful to her Pokémon? She hoped and prayed that was the case, but she did not have high hopes.

She gently reined the wasp around, who made an awkward and slow turn toward Lavaridge's east gate in response to her rider's tactile command. The legs of a Beedrill were meant to absorb the shock of takeoffs and landings, not for crawling. She could do it if need be, but not for long distance. Now where was that scientist? She could have sworn she gave him the right time, which was in the very late afternoon to avoid the harshest sunshine...

{WC: 169}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Rielle        Vaporeon**     Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
Letheia       A!Ninetales    Good
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 1:53:14 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Rory never meant to be late.

Punctuality was important, so she kept to it, even during the worst of times, but this afternoon had been nothing less than a complete disaster for the budding scientist. First, she missed her alarm, which meant springing into work 30 minutes late. Then, while waiting in line for her coffee, someone spilled tea all over her outfit, forcing her to go back home and change. And now, when she meant to arrive early for a meeting, her rented Mudsdale decided to act up, refusing to move forward without sniffing every poke of greenery on their pathway to the designated meeting spot.

"Hello!! So so so so sorry for being late. It won't happen again!"
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 22:54:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LAIRON APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AUTOTOMIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOUNDOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNNERVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INFERNO
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HOWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 5:26:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The scientist that helped with Shalin's extractions, including most recently with her Pidgeot's, had arrived at last. Better late than never. "Thanks for coming out here, and I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to meet with me." Now that the two of them were together, Shalin withdrew her noisy Beedrill for Treble, her saddle-wearing Kommo-o that was ready to ferry her north of Mauville City in search of Pokémon. It was certainly an unusual ride, but was it more so than the shiny Beedrill?

"While we stroll and take a look for Pokémon, I've been meaning to ask you. How much do you know about Type: Null? Specifically, the creation process." She paused and sighed. "I've wanted to look into alternatives besides extracting stem cells from live Pokémon, but I haven't been able to find much." While she was asking, a wild Lairon, not watching where it was going, bumped into Kommo-o from behind. The startled dragon instinctively slammed his tail into the steel-type's head and rattled hard. Shalin's voice was distorted and incomprehensible during the move. Both her and the wild were dazed, though the wild was far worse off. When she recovered from the ear-pounding vibration, Shalin reined Treble around and tossed an empty Poké Ball at the steel-type.

ooc: catching Lairon

{WC: 218}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 21:46:52 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Type: Null?"

The name rung more than a few bells. For someone as strictly bound to her morals as Rory, it was an abomination of science created for the greed-infested goal of ultimate power. Still, her allegiance to rocket had forced her into the role of the hypocrite, and thus she had already learned more than she ever wanted about the amalgamation of Pokémon parts.

"I know a bit, unfortunately," she forced a smile, eyes searching for comfort from the route's greenery, "I've worked with a few biomedical engineers on one. It's a harsh process. I don't know if there's currently an alternative."

Though, the same could be said about many other problems moments before a solution is born.

"You also have working on this, right?"

In the meantime, a stray houndoom had found its way onto their path. Rather than vicious, the pup took to a kinder, approaching Rory with a gentle hop. She reached down to pet his snout.

catching houndoom!
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 5:09:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STONJOURNER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POWER SPOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WIDE GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRAVITY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BINACLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PICKPOCKET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 5:51:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"No alternative..." Shalin moaned. "Yep. I've been working with on this, too. He also told me there is no known alternative. And it hurts me to keep going. I would never wish upon him what he had to witness. Pharika, my Dragalge..." A tear rolled down her cheek. "She died from the extraction. And that was when I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go through with the creation process any more. With every extraction, I'm toying with the lives of my Pokémon. Pokémon that deserve better than that." She paused to compose herself. "Even ones that didn't die, like Piccolo. Remember the horrible side effects she suffered?"

Shalin smiled and let out a coo at the Houndoom in search of a human ally and partner. "You two are naturals for one another! You're really good with wild Pokémon," the green-ette remarked. "She reminds me of Grimmie, my own Houndoom. She's a sweetheart once you get to know her. You might remember her; she was one of the Pokémon you worked with."

The Stonjourner rumbling through would have been a good candidate for extraction from a rock-type Pokémon, but she didn't want to raise something so slow and lumbering. She let the wild go in search of a more suitable Rock-type. Perhaps an Onix would do.

ooc: passing!

{WC: 222}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 1:22:45 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","charname"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

Rory hummed out in thought, fingers grazing through the fluff of the houndoom's fur. They did make a good pair, her and him.
[break][break]
"I remember Grimmie,"
she smiled, nodding. The pokemon hadn't been too rough during their sessions. More understanding than most, actually. Maybe it was within Houdoom's natural instincts to behave. "She is a sweetheart. I hope she's been doing alright since then. Give her lots of treats for me!"
[break][break]
Her fingers moved to below the stray houndoom's chin, softly scratching the pink, bald patch.
[break][break]
"The creation process is strenuous. Most who go through it do so without much issue of its repercussions."
[break][break]
She paused.
[break][break]
"Why are you even interested in type: null, shalin?" .

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".charname"]--accent:#7F687A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 2:24:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BONSLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TEARFUL LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIMIC

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHARCADET APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 18:20:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Grimmie's been doing fine," Shalin confirmed. "The only bad thing that came about was... she lost the ability to defend against fire attacks. You know how some Pokémon can absorb fire attacks to make their own stronger? She can't do that anymore." She wished she had thought to bring the sweet Houndoom with her to the meeting.

Shalin frowned when Rory asked her. "It's... it's because of Littleroot. Commissioner conscripted me to the Littleroot warfront. There were so many Ultra Beasts there. Even gods clashed, and I felt helpless. My Pokémon were simply cast aside in that battle like they were nothing." A tear ran down the green-ette's cheek. "Even with the power of Mega Evolution, I was badly outclassed. I... I need something that can rival their power." Treble rattled the scales beneath his saddle to try to cheer Shalin up, which it did. "Whee! That gets fast, Treble!" she chirped in a distorted voice thanks to the shaking Kommo-o she was atop. As unusual as it was, it got her back to her cheery self.

ooc: passing!

{WC: 180}
{PC: 5}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY