Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 5:48:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The office of Councilwoman was a deadlier sight than normal. The frame of motivational posters leaned slightly off to the left, her desk looked cluttered, and the cushions of her seats remained cold and untouched. It was a result of her own personal isolation, combined with the dwindling visits from a certain .
[break][break]

Alas, she felt no need to fix it.
[break][break]

Whenever arrived, she would be greeted at the door by her assistant, who would then allow entry with a grand gesture of their sweeping push of the door open.
[break][break]

"Dr. Morales," The councilwoman greeted, standing from her desk with a smile, "I'm glad to see you've returned safely."
[break][break]

As warm as her greeting was, it did little to subside the bubbling guilt in her stomach, however.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 6:45:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 She’s been to war. She’s saved lives. She’s taken them. She’s laughed in the face of death and somehow survived. She’s poked at the enemy, leaving her open for vicious consequences without a second thought.

So why couldn’t she do this?

Why was her body retaliating against this simple task?

Adrenaline pumped through her veins for the wrong reasons, fight or flight urging her to flee. Every step she took closer to the Councilwoman’s office, the stiffer she grew. Tension rippled across her shoulder and even leaked into the smile stretched across her lips.

There she was, . A living, breathing reminder of everything Eva was not. How she wasn’t good enough.

“Councilwoman Livy,” her greeting was just as warm, but it did little to subside the bitterness and insecurities that tore at her core like a raging Ursaluna, “Thank you. It was an easy flight,” as easy as one could be under the stress of a god’s EXTREME SPEED.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 2:24:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The more she looked at her, the more guilt gnawed at her insides, only to be met by the equally ferocious roar of ENVY.
[break][break]

Beauty beyond compare, smart in all the ways Penelope wasn't, and kind in spite of the world's atrocities, was the living embodiment of every area she lacked. Every box she didn't tick.
[break][break]
"i don't think i'll ever stop loving her."
[break][break]
Back then, in the comfort of her own blanket, she'd thought herself to be okay with that answer. How could she ever expect someone to forgo their first love, their first kindled bond with another? Especially when that person was , the golden apple of The League. Now, despite the bitter ending of what might've been, those words rubbed themselves raw in the tunnels of her brain, replaying over and over, without an end in sight. The hurt they wrung out from her only multiplied in the hindsight of her decisions.
[break][break]
"I've read the report you filed," she tried to fill the silence with something other than her own thoughts. "Interesting stuff. I'd like to hear more, if that's possible. I'm sure there was a lot left out in the name of brevity."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 3:25:10 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva spent some time in Kanto outside of her duties healing. Well, attempting to. No matter where she went, what she did, or who she spoke to, everything boiled down to one thing that haunted her: him. She thought it would be easier coming home to Hoenn after some time away. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. Every word that dripped from her perfectly supple lips felt like a slap in the face.

A grimace slipped through the cracks, optimally timed with Penny’s assumption. Eva took a seat, leaning back in the chair to get comfortable for their conversation, “Astute observation,” she complimented, the grimace spreading to a small smile, “There’s quite a bit. I only reported on what was discussed during the conference – the political and socio-economic state of the region,” she paused briefly, “I did my own digging too. I’ll admit, from potentially biased sources,” from the remaining rebels, “But I could see with my own eyes what occurs beneath the veil of security and prosperity they boast.”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 4:39:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"and this is why you're one of our best."
[break][break]

A reminder to not only Eva, but herself.
[break][break]

No matter how much she competed, bettering herself in reputation and in prowess, there was no outrunning reality.
[break][break]

Ironically enough, even Penelope's parents would come to agree with his assessment of hers, for Eva fulfilled every expectation the councilwoman has once outspokenly forsaken.
[break][break]

"Have you spoken to the head professor yet? Maybe you can learn a bit from her."
[break][break]

More than just Matias, the woman had effortlessly stolen the hearts of her parents as well.
[break][break]

An abrupt cough cleared the councilwoman's throat.
[break][break]

"Tell me more about these sources. How are they fairing?"
[break][break]

And how can they further help?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 5:05:03 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The compliment fell on deaf ears. Regardless a tight smile of appreciation is feigned. It was rubbing salt in a still fresh wound torn across her heart. It’s a festering wound she’s attempted to mend with no avail. Something keeps tearing it open as if it enjoyed watching her squirm and suffer. There’s no way , the esteemed councilwoman, thought that highly of her. That required respect, something she didn’t believe Penelope had for her. If she had even a ounce of it, she wouldn’t have done what she did.

“They are few, too few to feel comfortable speaking out. The government’s penalties for treason are harsh and their definition of treason . . . very loose,” there would be more now though, now that she was able to help briefly expose them to the truth, “The media is heavily regulated,” she raised her hands to add air quotes over her next description, “These ‘private entities’ were not a part of the conference but the version of my paper they published was quite different and the spin they put on it,” she exhaled out a sharp sigh of frustration, “Was disturbing.”

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 5:24:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Eva's tight smile certainly didn't go unnoticed.
[break][break]

It reminded Penelope of the smiles she'd give her parents, her friends, and anyone who'd ask 'how are you' after her breakup with . Back then, to feel her entire world shattered underneath the foot of another woman, Penelope was nearly brought to the edge. During those long, arduous nights, anger was all that would blanket her from the creeping loneliness, as even the slightest mention of that florist's name drew her enranged.
[break][break]

And yet, in spite of all that, the professor was able to elegantly maintain a level of composure in front of the very woman who'd ruined everything. The woman who'd once called her a friend. No wonder loves her so much.
[break][break]

ENVY balled itself in the middle of the councilwoman's throat, bobbing up and down with every hard swallow.
[break][break]

"Media has a way of reshaping our reality," she nodded, speaking from hard-earned experience, "Were they any talks of next steps? Or ways we could help provide our support?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 5:50:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Composure is only a mask to hide ones true feelings. It wouldn’t be needed otherwise. Eventually, masks break. They weren’t meant to live forever. There’s only so many places one could hide. Eva attempted to deal with her feelings in a healthy way, but that’s didn’t work well. It was only in the midst of a storm above Saffron and the unrest it sowed did she find any semblance of peace. It was still fickle. Still reminded her of him.

“It certainly dictates the narrative in Kanto,” she agreed, using her own father’s words to describe it. Ironic that’s what Penelope used to do.

“Unfortunately, after my publication, my stay was . . . cut short,” in other words, she was forcefully evicted, “They spoke of trying to find ways to control the media’s power,” she smiled knowingly, “I think they succeeded for a brief time shortly after I left,” rumors of civil unrest floated in the ether, “I maintain my contacts,” she assured Penelope, “Perhaps there’s some helpful advice from a previous journalist I can pass along,” she leaned forward expectantly, the suggestion half accusatory for Penny’s former part in media messes but the other half genuinely looking for advice to pass along.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 13:35:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Accusations were taken in stride.

For all the good her work has done, Penelope couldn't dismiss the negativity she had purposely created. It all been done with good intentions, there was no doubt about that, but that didn't erase the years of work it'd created for those within the League. [Break][break]

And, ironically enough, she'd been the one designated to clean up her old messes. To make right where they were wronged. Still, she never faced an ounce of regret.[Break][break]

"Resilience is won over time. Through multiple battles. It won't be easy toppling their hold on the region."
[Break][break]
But slips were to be expected. No system was perfect. No system was voided of any cracks.
[Break][break]
"I'd look for holes in their system. Ways to deliver information without detection."
[Break][break]
Through paperback, maybe. [Break][break]

"I'd also suggest refraining from any extremities for a while. If someone's bitten into the story they've spunned, it's likely headlines like 'YOURE BEING LIED TO' would be ignored."[Break][break]

She leaned back into her chair, thinking.
[Break][break]
"They need to earn their readers trust. Build it up, brick by brick, through important, yet small scale bits of information. So when their papers are ultimately caught, it can become this confusing thing of 'why am i being prohibited from reading this' instead of it being another obvious ban of propaganda."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 4:46:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 If there was one thing Eva Morales was not, it was stupid. She recognized her limitations and appreciated others where they excelled. Penny was a wonderful journalist and Eva did have an appreciation for her work. She wrote a glowing article on her once . . . She wondered if that would change now.

True to her name, Eva pops out a stylus and scribbles a few notes on her tablet as Penny speaks. Nothing too incriminating, very vague with keywords that would trigger the details of her suggestions in her mind. She nods along, stopping when Penny does, “Very insightful, I’ll be sure to pass along that information,” It was a little too late for extremities but here they were.

“We’d have to get creative with sending aid,” Eva circled back to a previous question of Penny’s, “They’re very strict with importation,” whether that be goods or information. Eva elected to continue on about the hidden implications in her report, knowing the faster she spoon-fed Penny what she wanted, the quicker she could leave and hopefully not have to see the Councilwoman again for a while, “Crime isn’t actually down, it’s just not reported. The Game Corners are quite awful places, seedy hot spots for embezzlement, the black market, and coercion,” her gaze met Penny's with steady apathy, “Shiny on the outside, rotten on the inside,” like some people she knew.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 17:18:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

(
Penelope had never done much in terms of athleticism. But, if she were to try her hand at tight-rope walking, she'd assumed it feel somewhat like this. A tightening to her chest. A squeezing to her lungs. Try as she might to keep her head level, her eyes forward, every hint of remembrance drew them back down to the floor below.
[break][break]
One misstep was all it would take. And yet, there was no going back. She started this game, and now it was time to finish it.
[break][break]
"I'll reach out to the intelligence bureau," she nodded, keeping in the back of her mind, "Maybe we can look to scoop out any vulnerabilities in their surveillance. If there's a crack to be found, we'll draw it out."
[break][break]
A pause was to be had. For all the information Eva had provided, there was little as to her experiences. How she felt. Penelope pressed her lips together. She knew it wrong to dive deeper than what they'd discussed, but was it not her duty as councilwoman to ensure the safety of those within the league? Not just physically but mentally?
[break][break]
Denial dims even the brightest bulbs.
[break][break]
"I see. Well." Her hands searched for something to fiddle with. A pen was found, and without thinking, she began to twirl it between her fingers. "Another question. Is there any way the league can support your return back to Hoenn? I'm sure your trip must've been taxing."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 1:00:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Penny wasn’t the only one walking a tight rope. Although in a different sense, Eva struggled find her balance still. Her emotions were still a turbulent storm in her chest. It only took the wrong raft to turn that storm into a hurricane.

She grieved for her lost future, she grieved for Kanto, she struggled with insecurities and an imposter syndrome that threatened to impact the degree of her work however much she denied that. She felt anger that bordered hatred. It was a rush of negativity she hadn’t felt since Rocket conquered Kanto and forced her eviction. Now, it was renewed with a vigor thanks to her recent travels. But for the first time, that hatred extended past Rocket to her own allies for personal reasons.

“I appreciate the sentiment but I can’t imagine what the League could help me with,” she fails to recognize how her personal feelings could impact her work. The last thing she wanted was any sort of help from Penny whether it was genuine or out of pity, “There’s a lot to catch up on and I already have the resources I need, but if there is anything I can think of I’ll be sure to reach out to ,” he was the councilman in charge of the research department, after all.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 4:29:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hm."
[break][break]

Curiosity plagued her mind; was this response out of personal feelings or impartial reality? The answer was most likely a blur of both options, but for some reason, that wasn't satisfying enough.
[break][break]

Let me help you, she thought to herself, fingers curling in on themselves.
[break][break]

"Are you sure? I'll be happy to lend my assistance, even if it doesn't directly fall under my department."
[break][break]

In some parts, this sense of duty came from the guilt that still clung to her.[break][break]
But, that wasn't all there was to it.

[break][break]
In some sick, twisted way, another part of her wanted a way to further deepened the differences that separated them. To remind herself - the most selfish part of herself - the ways in which her own power extended beyond the scientist's.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 6:30:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Penny was persistent, wasn’t she?

Well, she had to be to wiggle herself into someone else's life, someone else's relationship, and rip it out from under them. It wasn’t as if Eva and had only been together for a short period of time. There were years of history, trauma, love, and promises to usurp. The councilwoman had already flexed her power enough, belittled the Professor to dangerous lows, and provided enough embarrassment that there wasn’t really too much further for her to fall.

Eva drew the line at rock bottom. Penelope wasn’t going to bury her alive.

“You’re too kind,” she lied with a smile, holding a steady gaze that was somewhere between apathetic and the start of a bubbling annoyance. She’d have to be more direct to drive Penny off her current course. She wasn’t allowed to take anything else from her, “But no, I don’t need your help,” she doesn’t want it. And even if she did need it, she'd never ask Councilwoman Livy. She can't rely on someone she can't trust.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AIN'T SHIT
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:37:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There was no masking the scorn of a wronged woman in love.
[break][break]
Penelope would know, as she has worn a similar expression before.
[break][break]
Her lips tightened into a taut, uncertain smile. The damaged trust between them was no duller than a bundle of pointed shards, aimed directly at her neck. One false move was all that was necessary to spell out disaster.
[break][break]
"I see."
[break][break]
A pause was left to mull over the conversation, the league, and so much more. But only a singular, momentary pause. Much more would've been seen as a weakness to be exploited, either by the professor or herself.
[break][break]
"Well, if that changes, you know where to find me. Thank you Dr. Morales. I - I mean, the League - appreciate your due diligence and hard work."
[break][break]