Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and you will become rich.
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 14:01:37 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Hello? Is this Ranger headquarters? Yes, I'd like to report a problem."[break][break]

Frank paced his office, annoyed. His secretary had taken a few days off, leaving him to place the call to the Rangers for the infestation of Kakuna that had taken up residence on the outside of his building. Though the Pokémon were harmless, they could evolve at any time and start harassing his employees and other pedestrians.[break][break]

He explained this predicament over the phone to the Ranger who'd answered.[break][break]

"Can you send someone over to remove and relocate them today, please?" The person confirmed someone would be over shortly, if he could be patient. "Thank you, that'd be much appreciated."[break][break]

Frank hung up and sighed, peering down at the street through the open blinds of his window. That Ranger better arrive soon.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]open!
[break]

NOTES

Mission: For the Swarm

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.frank1]--accent:#E7E7E7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frank1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
i am only a nameless soul heading into a pure, black void
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 19:03:49 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
Fox frowned up at the wall of yellow and green that seemed to sprout off the building, a jaundiced, cancerous growth. There was the hum of life as the little bug-pods huddled for warmth. A drone Beedril buzzed down to check on the placement of one and, finding it satisfactory, rose again.

This was going to be a job, that was for fucking sure.

He was still frowning as he pushed through the doors on the ground floor of the building, checking his pouches and bag for the items he would need. Back in Kanto, before… well, before everything, he’d had a lovely little apiary and a garden, and he’d experimented with the happiness and productivity pheromones put out by bees.

Later, he’d used his experience with chemicals in a decidedly different fashion.

He was directed up an elevator to the office of a one mister , whose door he rapped on gently.

“Pest control.”

for the swarm
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 20:19:18 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Frank opened his office door and smiled widely at the Ranger on the other side. "Hi, welcome," he said, stepping aside to let them in. "I'm Frank. And you must be from Ranger HQ. Thanks for coming so quickly."[break][break]

He held out a hand for the other man to shake, expecting an introduction in return.[break][break]

Once that was done, Frank gestured out his window. "I'm guessing you saw the Kakuna infestation on the building. Do you think it'll be an easy job to remove and relocate them all, or…?"[break][break]

He trailed off, letting the question hang in the air for the other.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.frank1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 22:25:19 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
Fox gave the man a small smile and stepped past him into the office, taking a brief look around: neat, concise, organized… and everything shaded in yellow from the writhing mass of cocoons currently organically glued to the windows.

“Oh. Of course.”
Fox shook Frank’s hand, smile growing apologetic. “I’m Fox.”

Introductions done, he stepped to the window, squinting through it.

“Mmm, I don’t like using the word ‘easy’,” he said, “but I should be able to handle it.”

He plucked a Pokeball off of his belt, rolling it in his palm.

“Nothing a little cold can’t fix. Do these windows open?”

for the swarm

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 14:30:22 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Frank should have expected that removing the pests would be more challenging than he'd hoped. But he did not anticipate having to open the windows. He took a good look at them, searching for a latch and finding none.[break][break]

"I'm afraid not," he said apologetically. "But we can access a balcony on this floor. This way."[break][break]

He lead Fox out of his office and down the hall to a conference room on the same side of the building. Quite spacious with a high ceiling, the room boasted a small balcony overlooking the busy street below. Noise from the street filled the air as they stepped outside.[break][break]

Frank leaned over the railing to peer at the Kakuna attached to the building's face. "Does this work for your needs?" he asked Fox.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 19:55:33 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
“Kakuna and Beedrill in general were a more difficult subject given their inherent solitary nature although it might not look it,” Fox explained, with a little bit of a laugh at the irony. “There’s no hivemind controlling them: no queen to remove. The Beedrill themselves very rarely check in on the larva. They’re remarkably independent.”

He speaks as he follows Frank through the halls of the tastefully decorated, if blase, office space, chuckling again.

“Apologies. I do a lot of work on camera. I’m used to explaining things… or talking to myself, really.”

Fox steps past him to peer over the edge of the balcony and then look up at the golden swarm.

“Yes, this will do nicely. Thank you.”

He produces two Pokeballs and, from them, two Pokemon.

“Maacah, powder snow,” he instructed, and the Spheal began conjuring a small snowstorm just off the face of the building, fluffy flakes blowing back against the glass, temperature of the air dropping significantly. “Olera, sleep powder. Really throw it.”

The Gloom began to gather her spores, packing the glowing blue pollen into a tightly packed ball, and then jumped up on the balcony to baseball chuck it at the mass of Kakuna, where it erupted and was blown back into the swarm by powder snow. Many of the Kakuna began to rattle and drop, hitting the ground with loud clunks.

for the swarm

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 20:08:14 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Frank listened as the ranger began spouting facts about Kakuna and Beedrill. The trivia came unprompted, but Frank nodded in understanding at Fox's explanation. Perhaps he posted Pokémon facts videos on social media or something.[break][break]

The quirk was no problem for Frank; he could work with any situation. "Oh, that's no problem. I actually didn't know that about Kakuna and Beedrill. I thought all bee-like Pokémon were the same."[break][break]

On the balcony, he watched as Fox went to work. His Spheal and Gloom made quick work of the Bug-types clinging to the building's exterior.[break][break]

"Are they going to be okay?" the silver-haired man asked. He leaned over the railing to peer down at the pupae scattered on the street below them.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 21:12:30 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
“Oh, yes,” Fox said, looking over his shoulder with a re-assuring smile, “their chrysalae are extremely sturdy.” As he speaks, more Kakuna fall and hit the ground below with heavy bumps, like dropping stones.

Heading back in towards the office, he gives his Pokemon a thumbs up. “Keep it up. Climb a little, if you need to.”

Turning back to Frank, he explains, “Now I’ll just go down and gather them up with my Bayleef and get them moved to a nice park or forest.” Which may take a few trips, but as long as they weren't clinging to the face of the building, it would be easy enough to do.

for the swarm
my knowledge in this post is derived from Pokemon Stadium.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
284 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 0:11:34 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Relief washed over Frank's face, curling the corners of his mouth into a smile.[break][break]

"That's great news," he said as he followed Fox back into the building. He removes his wallet from a back pocket of his trousers. "How much do I pay for this removal? Or should I write a check instead? My checkbook is back in my office."[break][break]

It was his first time contacting the Rangers in Hoenn for a service. He hoped they were more reasonable than the Rangers in Black City, who charged exorbitant fees for every small thing.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Fox
He/they
Twenty-seven
February 14
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Pansexual
Eco-terrorist
Cadet
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @foxgrove
faelan foxgrove
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 15:37:47 GMT
faelan foxgrove Avatar
Fox was not the sort to bond with business types-- which said more about him than business types, of course.

He wasn’t the sort to bond with anyone, really, but he pushed the thought out of his brain as he shifted hair off of his forehead. His point was was all right-- the relief on his face was visible when Fox told him the little Kakuna were going to be okay.

At the mention of payment, Fox held up his hands. “Oh, no, don’t worry about it. There’s no charge.” His mouth quirks up in a thoughtful expression. “Or if there is one, I wasn’t told about it.” Dropping his shoulders in a shrug, he grins. “Who cares. You pay taxes, right?”

Fact of the matter was he’d rather Frank called someone like him to come remove the Kakuna over a pest-control company.

“Just keep me in mind if this happens again. I’m more than happy to help.”

for the swarm

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A Bee-g Problem [M]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 0:47:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)