743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Cementing Choices (Mission/Past)
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 18:22:36 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

(This thread takes place sometime after “CHANGING PATHS” )

The sun shone brightly far high up in the sky. Baking down as best it could, though cold as it was. Johanna stood eagerly waiting at the edge entrance to Route 121. Dressed as appropriately as she could for the weather.

This would be her first bit of traveling out into the wilds after what happened at Mt. Pyre. The mere thought still sends shivers down her spine. Everything still felt wrong. But, the hospital had deemed her well enough to leave the bed.

By her side a Blastoise stood. Eager for some fresh air, itching to get a move on. But Johanna kept denying it. They had to wait for to arrive. Johanna didn’t want her first bit of traveling to be without Megan, after all.

MISSION:BOND BRIDGE

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
368 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 20:55:22 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

While still out of sight, she stretched once more, taking a deep sigh. A deliberate action, given that she had to kind of psych herself up a little bit. And she did not want to be seen doing it, really, because that was kind of weird. They were just going to travel, after all. Nothing ground breaking. Something she had done over and over in the past. Not as often with this woman, but it was still kind of normal. A nothing to see here kind of moment, as far as she was concerned.
[break][break]
But it still kind of felt weird, after everything that had happened. Weird, but not necessarily bad. In fact, she had a kind of good feeling about it all. The fresh air and sun were already doing her good and she enjoyed being on the move again instead of cramped up in or near a hospital.[break][break]
Megan tried to focus on that as she put on a smile, rounded the corner and started walking towards the two azure beings on the bridge. That was the kind of positivity they needed. So, she would do her best to conjure it up, by force if necessary.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 18:18:17 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Both trainer and Pokémon saw Megan approaching.

A sigh of relief escaped the Blastoise, they could finally get a move on.

As Megan came closer, Johanna beamed her a huge enthusiastic smile.

“Hi Megan!” Johanna would say, making no attempts at hiding how pleased this made her.

The Blastoise just visibly itched to get a move on. Chitter chatter could wait!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
368 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 22:44:55 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Whelp. Nothing helped with the blue groove like an enthusiastic smile from a blue girl. Well, something like that. “Hey there, hope you didn’t have to wait long,” she replied, her spirits actually lifted as she approached those two. It was good to see Jo being this chipper again, especially after everything that had happened to the girl recently.
[break][break]
“Seems like the big guy wants to get a move on already, so let’s walk and talk,” she added, offering a brief nod to the Balstoise as she closed the distance. That one wasn’t difficult to read. Though her attention shifted back to the other quickly. Not like she could help it. For obvious reasons, Johanna had kind of dominated her thoughts lately.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 14:39:29 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

A light snicker escaped Johanna, before she gave a solid acknowledging nod in response.

“Yeah, let’s do that.” And so she put her foot forward and began to walk.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” There were a few big topics that came to mind but she would let Megan decide what she felt comfortable digging into.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
368 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 14:58:19 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Offer accepted, it appeared. Good, because she had more than enough energy after having been cooped up for quite a while as the other recovered. Not that Megan faulted the girl for that, of course. In fact, she had been surprised by how quickly the other had regained her bearings. She certainly had come a long way from the scared girl Meg had met in a space-time distortion, that much was for sure.
[break][break]
“Actually, I am not quite sure,” she replied, honestly, as they started to cross the bridge. “We did go through just about anything randomly on my mind while you were still stuck in that hospital, after all.” A laugh followed. Her usual way of dealing with even minor awkwardness. Mostly because, well, after that initial big discussion, she had kind of shied away from the more difficult topics. It was probably time to give up that somewhat cowardly position. She sighed. “Though come to think of it. Have you made a decision? How to move forward, I mean.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 7:05:17 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

“True we did.” She replied with a bit of a giggle.

Megan’s follow up question warranted some thought. Before she gave a nod and said. “Yeah I’ve decided to go forward with my plan. I will try to become a Gym Leader, and hopefully that’ll happen sooner rather than later.”

Johanna spoke, an edge of seriousness to her voice.

“Just need to make sure my Pokémon are fighting ready before that.” She gave Megan a small smile.

Speaking of Pokémon. The Blastoise walked by their side, it seemed antsy, as if it wanted company but didn’t really want to or was too proud to ask.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
368 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 22:07:38 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Megan briefly stopped when she heard those words. They felt kind of familiar, but also foreign. This was what she had told Jo all the way back, hadn’t she? Becoming a gym leader had been her goal, after all.
[break][break]
Yet, the difference clearly was in the presentation. When Megan had said it, she had spoken of far-off aspirations, of ultimate goals that she would eventually try to realize. But when Jo said it, there was something so deterministic, so urgent in them that even those familiar words felt alien.
[break][break]
So alien that briefly, she just stopped entirely. “I…see,” was all she could deliver initially. It took her a few moments to shake her head as if shaking something off, before trying to laugh that episode off. “Sorry about that. I just had the thought that I really ought to get around to doing that too, don’t I?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 12:18:12 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna Joy Avatar

Johanna was taken by surprise when Megan suddenly seemed to be the one uncertain of what to do.

Megan had always been a solid rock, always seemingly knowing where she wanted to roll. And yet now it seemed she was not so certain in her path.

“If that is what you really want to do, then I don't see a reason not to.” Johanna agreed. Though she tried, she could not come up with something smart to help nudge Megan along.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
368 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 20:36:35 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Megan had to chuckle. “You make it sound so easy,” she started, only to then trail off for a bit and stretch. “Thing is, I like doing what I am doing right now. Travelling, getting stronger, better. Meeting people I grow fond of. Those sorts of things. When I started this journey, I kind of only saw it as a means to an end, a chore on my path to becoming an awesome gym leader. But somewhere along the way….I kind of started doing it because I liked doing it, you know?”
[break][break]
Naturally, she knew that this was not sustainable. Yes, she could probably live on the loam for quite a while, but she had to start to look into the future at some point. Settling down was inevitable. But since she had wasted so many years not moving, the thought of stopping was simply kind scary. “Plus, once I actually go all in, what do I do if I fail?”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 14:00:15 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna accepted what Megan was saying. She wasn’t ready to settle down, for lack of better words. But traveling like this wasn’t sustainable.

Still, she wasn’t about to fight it. Megan would come around when the time was right, Johanna was certain of it.

“Well, of course you might fail. And that is okay.” That felt weird to say. “You can always try again, and again.”

“Failing isn’t the end, it’s a learning opportunity.” When did she grow so wise? Had death perhaps caused this? “Besides, I will be there to help if you need it!”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
368 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 17:33:20 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ironically, said death had the opposite effect on Megan in that regard, in a way. “Sometimes, failing is the end,” she muttered, not even in really in response but rather half to herself, as she was reminded of her own failure to help back then. If they had not been given a second chance by, well, chance, then that failure truly would have been an end. In a way, that had only made her more scared of messing up when it came to the big stuff.
[break][break]
Though learned she had, at least. Unlike Blastoise and Lucario, who were still warily eyeing one another. Those two, ironically, created distance between them out of a common denominator – they were protecting their trainers, after all.
“But I am always glad about your help. I usually don’t ask for that and don’t like it too much when I need it, but you’re the genuine sort. That helps me with that.” It was probably quite introspective of her, too. Having spent so long being the one to offer up superficial help had left marks on her own perspectives, so it was actually an accomplishment already that she was willing to try and forge proper bonds.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 18:43:10 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna accepted Megan’s answer. She offered a truth in her words, though it was only just that. A singular answer to a binary question.

Each and every day could be their end, worrying about it too much wouldn’t do anyone any good. But Johanna wouldn’t push the issue. By now, she had realized introspection didn’t come easily to Megan, and so what little she offered was accepted.

Speaking of Acceptance, perhaps the two blue Pokémon were starting to come to an acceptance of each other. Wary as they had been, it was clear both trainers were getting along. So, ever the outgoing sort, or so it liked to claim, the Blastoise grumbled a simple question at Lucario. How did you meet your trainer?

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]