Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BUILD GOD, THEN WE'LL TALK
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 23:27:04 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Since her meeting with , Penelope had put a bit more work into her workspace. The motivational posters had been adjusted, dusted, and shined off. A few of her awards now adorned the sides of the office space, commemorating not only her experience but the time spent working as a journalist as a whole.
[break][break]

Penelope kept at her desk, twiddling at her computer, eyes darting from screen to screen. Much had happened during her business trip to Verdanturf and now it was time to play catch up.
[break][break]

'Ma'am is here to see you,' her secretary rang through, voice hazy from the static of the phone.
[break][break]

"Send him through."
[break][break]

A deep sigh leaked out and her eyes squeezed shut.
[break][break]

This was not going to be a fun conversation.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 22:50:30 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

For Paxton it's another day. He moves into his office, shrugs off his jacket, sets down his coffee and begins to boot up his computer to check his work email. A notice from the secretary- a summons- gives him pause. He gathers himself up, checking his appearance in the camera of his phone and running a hand through pink locks before sighing to himself and moving along. [break][break]

He waits for the secretary to give him the nod while she announces he has answered the call. He steps through, gives her a small nod. "Good morning, ma'am. What can I assist you with today?" he said as he closed the door behind him. [break][break]

"If you wanted an update on the legendary leads from that otome route, as I've said before, none have appeared that I am aware of." Patrols with had been kind of a bust, and he's not had time to verify if any of the sudden 'dog' creatures reported in 's route were legitimate.

[break][break]

+ | steel/ice [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 3:51:34 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

This shit was going to be roughed.
[break][break]

"No, no. I already read your reports."
[break][break]

They'd all been well organized and submitted to her secretary for review. Honestly, it'd be one of the few things that have been able to ground her these passing days. Her fingers tapped against the tabletop.
[break][break]

"It's good work, by the way. Thank you for that."
[break][break]

A small breath broke her words. This had to be the calm before the storm. The moment before the disaster. Her nails ate into the wood.
[break][break]

"How are the rangers? Are you prepared for their next meeting?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 1:06:48 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He nodded slowly, staying quiet as he let her speak. Clearly, she had something else on her mind and he wondered if something had happened in the AQUA meeting and changed recently. Perhaps a rehash on his proposal. That would be unfortunate but...not unexpected given who he had suggested to contract. [break][break]

Another nod. They were on better terms than when she'd initially entered the Council's positions. Her compliments didn't hide little barbs. At least, not as often as before. Paxton had been able to admit admiration for her work ethic, if anything else. She professed to want to keep everyone accountable, and he would do his best to watch her just as closely as anyone else. [break][break]

"I do not receive correspondence often from the Head Rangers. Last meeting was the last time I spoke to in person, all else has simply been little updates, as well as editing proposals for supplies, food etc." he said. "As for , I spoke to him as well on his behavior at the meeting. I can only hope both new and old Head Rangers have taken my feedback into account ands can hold their corps at a higher standard of conduct than last time." [break][break]

There's a pause as he added, "Perhaps a meeting of just upper leadership would be better...but there is an insistence on a national potluck." There's clear disdain for the idea after the ridiculous food fight Slateport started last meeting. "Aside from that, I can only hope the Ranger Corps leadership has improved after, and this meeting will be largely uneventful." He could only hope. "No one wants another embarrassment like that in front of their Commissioner." He looks up from his lap and back at her, quiet for a moment. He's observing her, staring his boss in the eye before giving her a calculated once over.

[break][break]

+ | steel/ice [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 3:47:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She expected no less from .
[break][break]

Despite their less-than-professional beginnings, time spent pruning through the spoutings of his individual work had allowed a certain fondness to grow.
[break][break]

It was far from enough to discard everything she'd originally felt toward the man, but still. It was something.
[break][break]

"I see," She nodded, nestling her face behind the bridge of her interlocked fingers. "Well, best we can do is hope they've learned from their previous mistakes. "
[break][break]

If only had retained her seat. Maybe things wouldn't look so dire.
[break][break]

A sigh blew out from her nostrils. Now it was time for the hard part.
[break][break]

"Paxton, if it's alright with you, I have something I'd like to discuss a bit outside of work."
[break][break]

It should be alright, as it was his job, but it felt awkward diving right in without warning.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 0:14:33 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

She's thinking too hard, and as he nods at her feedback and waits, there's something else on the docket. He wonders if this was the real reason she called him.[break][break]

"Sure." he said, thought he glanced around pointedly for a moment. "Should I call you Penelope then?" he said with a snort before settling in his seat and waiting for her to speak.

[break][break]

+ | wtf is goign on with my temps [break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 5:57:15 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His snort and comment are ultimately ignored. Pressure had been placed on the method to which she'd choose to air what weighed on her mind. With fingers intertwined, creating a bridge to hide behind. Over it, her golden eyes peered back out to him, hesitant in their calculations.
[break][break]

"There is no good way to say this, so I'll keep it blunt and concise: we might be experiencing a bit of a PR mishap in the coming months, and I don't want you to be blindsided by it."
[break][break]

A pause.
[break][break]

"During our expedition to the border, and I shared a kiss. It was just a kiss, but of course, it has led to complications."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 2:12:09 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He watched her carefully. Penelope was careful with her words, sure, but this was to a new degree. So, he could only guess how unpleasant the news would be. He expected budget cuts, layoffs. Perhaps a new legendary threat from Rocket. What she presents...is much more manageable. [break][break]

Teal eyes stay locked on gold ones, unblinking as he waits patiently for her to finish her story. "And is...?" the question is left open ended because truthfully, outside of the occasional patrol and conversation with , he doesn't know Matias very well. But he trusts him, based solely on his background. He nodded once, short and stiff waiting for the rest.

[break][break]

+ | wtf is goign on with my temps [break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 6:04:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"No one."
[break][break]

A lie. He was a nuisance. A fly that wouldn't go away. No matter how often she swung, how often she shooed the buzzing insect away, he'd always return, his wings faster and more vibrant than before. She always wished for its return, too. Like clockwork.
[break][break]

"It was just a kiss. One that won't happen again."
[break][break]

It'd already had. Multiple times, in fact. But that was better left unsaid.
[break][break]

"I've already informed , but given and 's public relationship, once news of their break up hit the public, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before its catalyst is revealed."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 1:17:57 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Just one kiss?" Paxton pressed, watching Penelope pick her words. "So you won't be working together for a while, correct? When we spoke, gave me the impression he was your favorite E4." he said before adding, "You have the track record to prove it wit hall your Wilds reports." he added. He'd been studying it for information on the wilds after all. [break][break]

"What did Commissioner say?" he asked, more interested in those details than anything else. How his Commissioner reacted would inform his own reaction. [break][break]

"If you think and will make it a situation, we can prepare a statement, as well as a panel for reviewing your accountability on this count of fraternization. Though, most likely, the people judging would be from outside our department. As the Head of Accountability, someone must hold you accountable. And for the purpose of utmost transparency, it cannot be me or the rest of the staff." he reaches into his pocket for a little notebook and a pen as he began to note down a list of tasks to prepare for such an annoying scandal. [break][break]

"What about you? Will you be alright moving forward? Or will you continue spreading your legs for every escort assigned to you?" he asked, noting for him this was the second time she'd done something like this. Except this is worse. This time she was the boss of it all. His boss even. But he felt this needed to be said. "You told me you would change things, and I promised to support you. But I, much like your staff, will be disappointed if this continues."

[break][break]

+ | remember when they shat on each other every post [break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 4:42:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

None of Paxton's words veered far from the truth of the matter. This scandal had been unnecessarily muddled, exacerbated further by the prestigious position each participant held.
[break][break]

Not only that, but to be seen disrupting the league's own inner peace for the arms of another man... It went against everything Penelope established her platform on. A contradiction that would remain forever etched into the walls of all who worked under her.
[break][break]

Still.
[break][break]

"You don't have to continue," she raised up a hand, airing defeat. "I know I fucked up. I know. "
[break][break]

There was no need to evade accountability, or to evoke reason of doubt. Regardless of the borders and powers that played a hand in their affair, nothing would wash away the actions she chose for herself.
[break][break]

"I won't let it happen again. I won't let-" Her words were reduced to ashes as a vision of a particular fish came to mind. Each flick of its fiery fins promised another gift to bestow upon her. "I won't let myself get swayed."
[break][break]

Now to the topic of .
[break][break]

"She's preparing means to handle the situation, should it spread beyond us. Hence the need for a statement."
[break][break]

In terms of accountability.
[break][break]

"Accountability will be issued by , as to ensure discretion. I've already set a meeting and further preparations for that."
[break][break]

Now she looked at Paxton. No hatred infected her expression, nor bouts of envy and spite. Here, within the confines of her office, was only ; the woman both he and the region placed their safety on.

[break][break]

"What I need for you is to trust me and prepare for the worst-case scenarios. I don't care what anyone else makes of this - as long as you and our department can still trust me. "
[break][break]

Because public image could always be restored. But trust? That was a much more fickle manner to deal with.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 4:46:00 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He doesn't have to go on luckily. It didn't take a lot of words for Paxton to make a point. concise, to the point, easily understandable. Like any good briefing should be. "I'm glad my Councilwoman is aware of what's at stake." he said as she accepted a fault. Paxton doesn't jump at the chance to bleed her dry. He doesn't delight in telling her these things. Months ago he would've been giddy at the thought of such a loud mouthed woman fucking it up so severely. Now, its just a headache he has to contend with if they wanted to accomplish any of their projects for the next fiscal year. Paxton stared as she promised it wouldn't happen again. "For your sake, it better not." he replied. It's not a threat. Paxton had a job, regardless. Should she step down or leave he could transfer departments, continue his ranger work elsewhere. [break][break]

But Penny?
[break][break]

She was too ambitious to not understand how something this small could ruin an entire 30 year plan. Shred her reputation, destroy her character. Leave her nothing but a smiling face on a council of politicians who actually had backing of their people. It left her vulnerable, susceptible to everyone. [break][break]

It made her their weak link.
[break][break]

Another sigh through his nose. "Understood." he said as she confirmed would take care of things from here. He scratches out a couple of lines before looking back at her, still annotating. "I will bring you the draft by COB tomorrow." he assured her. She speaks of trust, and he allows himself to soften his edge just a tad. He pulls back just a smidge. [break][break]

"I would have quit if I didn't trust you as a leader." he said slowly, the confession still irritating him in the depths of his soul. She was still a grating personality after all. At least, her first impression lingered. The bitchy part not the sexy part. "But much as how I am a reflection of your leadership, you are a reflection of our department. When you go down, we all do. You are not the only person in the crossfire. Especially with how public your position is." He lets his words linger before adding. [break][break]

"The only thing I care about if is railing you is if you may have had undue sway on him as his superior. Once that's settled, I don't care. Just do your job and we will do the same. Anybody else who has a problem with it can see you outside of the office."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 23:35:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Had it not been for the situation at hand, Paxton's crass manner of regarding her would have an ankle to sink her fangs into. Something to twist into a reason for a severely harsh shot back.
[break][break]

But Penelope fucked up, and thanks to that, both and the rest of her department were stuck dealing with the possibilities of complete obliteration from the press and public. He had every right to voice his frustrations, even if it came out in a way that spat fuel to her flame.
[break][break]

"I understand that," she returned, lips tightened into a taut line. "Believe me when I say I'm doing all I can to be finished of this."
[break][break]

A pause broke her words, then a sigh.
[break][break]

"Thank you Paxton. For all your work. "
[break][break]

A shine glossed over her eyes. In it danced the regret of a thousand missteps.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 23:28:59 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He nodded slowly as she spoke, assuring him that fixes were already being made and behavior was already being modified. It's the least she can do. He doesn't say that out loud though. She seemed genuinely regretful of getting caught. Ideally, if this happened again, she'd make sure not to get caught. But he hopes, this is the last time. Her work ethic was stronger than this. "Understood. Then I will do my best to offer support." he said, a sentiment he often repeated throughout the office. Not because its filler, but because he means it., Each time a sincere expression of help at a moment's notice. [break][break]

"Of course. Nothing but the best for my Councilwoman." he said with a small nod. "What will you do now?" he asked. A beat of silence goes by before adding, "I mean, literally right now. Can I...get you a coffee? Reschedule your meetings?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 19:28:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His offer was one greedily accepted with an eager nod and growing smile.
[break][break]
"Please."
[break][break]
The frost of winter's night spent fighting the biting cold of shameful regret is a memory not easily vanquished by the warmth of a cup of coffee. But, more than any meeting or assignment resting on top her desk, she knew as well as she that it would do wonders in its own way.
[break][break]
"We can go to the cafe that just opened up across the street."
[break][break]
Penelope was already reaching for her purse.
[break][break]
It was a miracle how these two souls ended the way they did: working together against a world hellbent on instilling chaos within their own homes. Somehow, it was one the few things she was still grateful for.
[break][break]