Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 17:38:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

The cacophony filling Granite Cave was near-deafening. [break][break]

Several LEAGUE combatants vied to push their way through ROCKET's many stopgaps and artificial barriers. Some were even locked in battle with ROCKET grunts attempting to stymie the wave of enemies before they managed to enter the rift into Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]

Above the din yelled out to his fellow admin, , "They're going to get through if we're not careful!"[break][break]

A deep, grumbling growl from behind them didn't exactly agree with that observation. Barnaby's Shadow STEELIX snaked his way forward, the forty-foot giant towering above those present. [break][break]

With a slap of his tail he used STONE EDGE to erect slabs of rock around their perimeter, blocking off LEAGUE personnel and even sending a few of their Pokémon flying into the air upon impact.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[break]

• postdormitum: cave[break]
• hidden identity (masked)[break][break]

TOTAL: 60 MP[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in a PD battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in a PD battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 10px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 2:37:50 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"We'll just have to freeze them in place."

Stationed up the opposing pillar of the final barrier, Felix sent forth his Froslass. The icy spectral of the night swayed her way through the jutted-up rock and chaotic mess of blurred sounds and figures. It is there, where granite became dust, she reached up her arms, evoking out a flurry of disastrous winds. A BLIZZARD struck the inners of the cave, freezing all within its direct path, until a light layer of ice coated every lick of liquid.

"That should slow them down," he shouted back at his fellow admin, , "think you can get a clean hit in?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 19:24:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Absolutely.” There was a smugness to his assurance. Felix never did disappoint when it came to tactical decisions like this.[break][break]

He’d set Barnaby up with the perfect counteroffensive. LEAGUE operatives and their Pokémon were like sitting ducks, frozen in place and susceptible to attack. The admin’s Shadow STEELIX knew it, too; after all, the crystalline snake was wickedly intelligent, more so than your average Pokémon. It knew an opportunity when it saw one. [break][break]

A blinding energy began gathering in it’s open maw - aimed straight at the enemy - before a devastating FLASH CANNON seared through the LEAGUE forces. [break][break]

It was an extravagant attack and, unfortunately, gave time for those hiding in the shadows to strike.[break][break]

Omen!” Barnaby called out using ’s codename. “Behind you–!

[break]

TOTAL: 70 MP[break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 10px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:04:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
There was no accounting for the movement of shadows. Where Barnaby's attack succeed, another sought to force out a similar sense of glory. A large spat of flames came from behind, not only aimed for Felix and his froslass, but also the coat of ice that forced the cave to a freeze.

"Fuck."

Evading it's blast was an issue. Beyond just the sheer surprise that came from it, there was little room left to escape it's searing blast. It bit into his already scarred shoulder, eliciting a guttural growl and forcing him to hunch over in pain.

"I'm down."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 15:24:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Shit. [break][break]

Flames erupted from the gloom, scattering ROCKET forces and felling . The admin crumpled to the ground, clasping his shoulder in pain, and called for help.[break][break]

On my way.” While Barnaby’s STEELIX struck out at the hidden enemy, crushing the Pokemon that had executed the Fire-type attack, Barnaby himself rushed to Felix’s side. [break][break]

He released his GALLADE as he approached, instructing it to stand guard while he assessed the severity of Felix’s wound.[break][break]

Let me see.

[break]

TOTAL: 80 MP[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 0:52:38 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Months had seperated the two operatives from each other. Months spent fighting, learning, growing. Change was to be expected - without it, neither would've been able to thrive within such dire conditions.

Groans continued to leak out from his dried lips as he nodded, accepting the other's offer for help. The closer Barnaby looked, the more he'd see past the scorched clothes and burnt pieces of flesh.

It was only superficial, barely digging deeper than the first few layers of skin, but it bit into what was previously left raw and unforgiven. From the curve of his shoulder, riding all the up to the cut of his jaw, the previous scorn of battle would reveal itself to the other.

"How does it look?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 1:13:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Time hadn't been on their side the better half of the past year. Conflicting assignments had pulled them away, steered them in different directions within the organization. So, what came next was a shock to the ROCKET admin.[break][break]

What the... As fabric was folded back, Barnaby's fingers traced along the scarred, puckered skin that was revealed beneath. His eyebrows scrunched in concern, though this was hidden behind his mask.[break][break]

What have you endured, Felix?
[break]

wanted to know more, wanted to probe for answers... but remained quiet. Perhaps those stories weren't for him to hear.[break][break]

"I've seen worse." Barnaby reassured. He'd personally burned men and left wounds much graver than this.[break][break]

"You'll be alright. Just take it easy for a second and let my Gallade fix you up, hm?"[break][break]

Immediately the Blade Pokémon began to release a soothing HEAL PULSE to the affected skin.

[break]

TOTAL: 90 MP[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 6:42:39 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix grunted out a response.

He'd seen worst too - buried bodies, burnt corpses, forgotten souls; it came with the job. But that didn't mean playing the victim became any easier, or any less humiliating.

"I can fight."

The urge to fight came accompanied by the twist of verbal agony. He almost immediately crumbled back down to his knee, hand grappling his shoulder.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 1:29:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Sit." [break][break]

It's said with a forceful intensity that Felix likely hadn't ever heard from before. Not directed at him, anyway. [break][break]

A hand grips the other admin's uninjured shoulder as well, pressing down to keep him in place.[break][break]

"We'll fight when you've been healed. Together. Just give it a minute."[break][break]

GALLADE continued to expel its HEAL PULSE to the burn. Skin began to knit back together, blood coagulated, red turned to pink. Soon enough the process was complete.[break][break]

"See? Let's get back to it." Barnaby said, his voice now a more normal cadence.[break][break]

He extended a palm for Felix to take, meaning to help his friend to his feet.

[break]

TOTAL: 450 MP[break]
+ 100 MP for completing a PD mission[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" a PD mission[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
hodor [postdormitum]
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 1:44:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The terse reply was enough to make the admin straighten with obedience. Had he ever heard the other act so strictly toward him?

"Fine."

Despite the searing of flesh tying back to flesh, Felix kept still. Only at the end does he stir with movement, looking back to offer his thanks with a solid nod.

"Thanks."

Barnaby might've been able to pick up the way embarrassment leaked out from his tone. More than being saved by another, he hated appearing weak. Especially in front of .

Alas, there was only one way to disprove any thoughts of vulnerabilities

"Got it."

Together, they pushed forward.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights