TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 1:52:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

KANTO'S SILPH OR HOENN'S SILPH

“PRIMAL RIFT BD-775 IS SECURE.”

the sudden expansion of dewford’s WILD RIFT has caused impromptu portals all over the island. what was once a singular entry point is now a labyrinth of distortions. GRANITE CAVE becomes impossible to isolate and movement in and out opens up a security breach. the constant threat of team rocket entering these portals, or worse, amplifying their effect, is their highest priority.

their communication line bubbles with static until a confirmation releases them from their periodic update. so far, this point proves uneventful.

peaceful, even.

it’s been a while, morales.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

+10 MP per IC post

= 10 MP total

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 2:47:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It was her worst nightmare: rampant instability of their world’s ethereal borders amplified by the threat of Rocket. The putrid presence of the organization still sat uncomfortably in the pit of her stomach. A renewed sense of duty blanketed her in a thick robe of uncertainty that stretched across the rigid tension of her shoulders.

Her emerald gaze peers down at the datapad cradled in her arms, a flurry of lights bounce back and forth along a number of axis’s like a complicated heartbeat of the energies around them. It relays information from a network of sensors she frantically set up when the rift expanded. How reliable those sensors are is questionable.

“Secure” seems to always be temporary.

“It has, Silph” she hums without looking up at Fernando.

Silphs. She couldn’t escape them. Even had recently paid her a visit. Eva does spare a short glance up towards him, thankful he looks nothing like . That does help . . . a little, “Things seem stable for now,” she looks back down at the tablet, artificial light bathing her in an eerie pulse of blues, reds, and greens.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 21:25:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

“…”

what little he knows about her situation is kept well under wraps. he makes no change in light of recent turmoil. a silph—a true silph—is constant and everlasting. bound by the principles that make them stand out from those who wear only their name and reputation.

silence breaths where peacetime blooms. the constant feeling of his pokeball’s polished exterior provides more comfort than the awkward haze that may arise.

his gaze cuts to the light to avoid potential eye contact. he waits for her verbal response before attempting trying to read her stance.

and you?

in spirit, his title should go beyond just her accomplishment. she too, is his responsibility.

+10 MP per IC post x2

= 20 MP total

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 5:01:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva finds a sense of peace in the silence, in the bouncing lights she’s fixed her gaze on. She traces the patterns. Though they are unpredictable, she’s entranced by them, waiting with certainty for the spikes that communicate danger.

His simple question cuts a small stir of confusion. Her mind doesn’t wander too far from the task at hand. The professor glances up for a moment, an eyebrow arced in confusion, “And me? What about me?” she doesn’t make the connection to him playing off her previous statement. After all, Fernando had never been one to even pretend to be invested in her personal affairs. Their interactions had always been strictly professional.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 6:58:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

“STABLE,” he says matter of factly. “that is.

there’s no further implication toward what he’s talking about specifically but the way it coincides with her personal life seems a bit too pointed.

in the distance, GRANITE CAVE grumbles with a prolonged groan. the spike in turbulence has become common place as the area comes apart at the seams. this is one of many but that’s to be expected. their job is to monitor this specific quadrant.

the rest can cover their own ground.

+10 MP per IC post x3
+10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations

= 40 MP total

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 7:14:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 While she lingers on the inquiry longer, the truth behind it begins to sink in. She’s not too dense to decipher the hidden meaning.

She’s back in Hoenn, back to reality, now forced to deal with the sudden intrusion into her privacy by those that never thought to spare a second glance until there was something juicy to sink their teeth into, “Do I seem . . . unstable?” she asks in response, her gaze fixed on Fernando in an attempt to read him. It breaks only to glance back down at the sporadic readings as the cave’s energies shift momentarily to an unstable level before settling back down to equilibrium.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 7:27:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

HE SAYS NOTHING AT FIRST. allows her question to simmer in the same way that the cave oscillates between stillness and disturbance. when it all quiets down, fernando finds the opportunity to answer. his volume remains the same. whether it be here or in her lab.

constant.

the fact you’re asking rather than answering outright should tell you enough.

he clicks his tongue when a loose pebble grazes his boots.

but the answer is no. that’s why i’m asking.

+10 MP per IC post x4

= 50 MP total

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 3:53:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 With the question comes an understanding, he knows. It sounds like Matias has been flaunting it about, a subtle brag. She loathed the way they all tipped toed around it like she was a fragile porcelain doll about to break. Perhaps she is, but she’d rather break. She was long overdue for a good outburst. As always, professionalism reigned her in. There was an image, a brightness, she had to uphold. She wasn’t allowed to grieve.

Everything had to be perfect.

She almost laughs at his comment, but instead she just lets the faintest smirk cross her pink lips, “Ahhh so if I don’t look unstable, then you just assume I am,” her gaze turns back to the screen, “I’m fine,” even if she wasn’t, what was Fernando going to do? Console her? Comfort her? Eva may not know Fernando very well, but he certainly didn’t seem like the coddling type, so it mattered little how she felt as long as she could perform her duties as Head professor.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 7:20:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

THE RISE OF HER CHALLENGE IS MET WITH A PUNCTUAL RIPOSTE.

if i assumed you were, you would not be here right now.

no tonal shift. no rising heat. just a taciturn sentence that digs right into the heart of the matter. his leverage over her, or anyone, is absolute. the norm.

it takes him forever to blink. to feel the clear divide between the red and white of his pokeball. a finger circles the rim of its button and he feels his thumb instinctively touch. the urge to push it comes from the anticipation that a battle may descend upon them at any moment.

it’s okay if you are not though, morales.

+10 MP per IC post x5

= 60 MP total

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 7:47:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The quickness of his response is enough to throw her off balance, if only momentarily. They creep closer to a subject she’d rather not breech which effectively pulls her attention further and further away from the flashing light on her screen. Eventually, she’s looking up at him again while her fingers find comfort in the tracing the familiar outline of the datapad’s smooth edges.

What he says next should surprise her because it sounds genuine and personal, two qualities she’s unfamiliar with in Fernando’s tone. Instead, it surprises her because of the situation, instability could cost them lives, “No, it’s not ok,” she states frankly, standing to find a semblance of her own confidence, “Not now, not when there’s so much at stake,” the world is bigger than her problems. She has a duty to fulfill, a balance to restore.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 8:10:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

“IN THIS VERY MOMENT,” he starts. “perhaps.

the ground creaks as gravity shifts in one direction. like a turbulent ship, they are drawn in one direction. a lull in GRANITE CAVE’s stability as their colleagues and undoubtedly whisked into ULTRA DEEP SEA. who and where? they cannot be certain. all they have is the dreadful static of their communication line.

but i mean generally.

he pauses.

there are times when it all becomes too much.

+10 MP per IC post x6

= 70 MP total

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 8:24:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Energies push and pull, waxing and waning tides in the ever turbulent storm of Dewford’s Deep Sea Rift. She tenses against the instability, her own hand finding the pokeballs at her waist to ensure they are there at the ready. It could all change in a millisecond.

“Yes, I agree,” she concedes in a soft voice, failing to make eye contact or give any sense of the turmoil that tore through her chest and the deep scars of insecurities it left. He left.

“But do we ever really get that luxury?” the softness of her tone grows playful, even a small twitch to corner of her lips, “It’s always one thing after another for us,” for those that have dedicated their lives to others.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 8:57:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

SHE DOES NOT HIDE HER EXPRESSIONS. rather, she hides behind them. using them to lie with a straight face, as if he can’t through a halfhearted facade.

indeed.

the static dies. their communication cuts off. the constant unease of being at ground zero of the unknown, of being no more than guardians of a fixed point while who knows what transpires around them, covers them in silence.

the cave settles down so that he may share a moment with her.

but that does not mean that it is not too much.

+10 MP per IC post x7

= 80 MP total

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 17:52:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 There’s something comforting about the constant crackle of white noise. When it disappears, the silence is jarring. Her fingertips rise to gently caress the device in her ear as if that will suddenly prompt it to resume its purring. She finds no peace in the silence they are granted.

Silph’s persistence on the subject is beginning to wear her down. It’s gentle enough to not feel like he’s prying, but out of character enough for her to approach with healthy skepticism. She’s certainly not going to peel back the bandages holding her together to open up here and now, and not for him of all people. Professionalism is a mask she wears well out of necessity and duty.

“Then what do you do when it’s too much, but you have to keep going?”

When facing it every day feels like it’s slowly eroding you away.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RECOIL
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 5:00:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECOIL

“PERSEVERE.”

there is no cushioning the harsh reality of it all. like she said, they have no option but to trudge on. so long as the world continues to conspire against them, they must either survive out of spite or get whittled down into shattered remnants of who they once were.

a fate fernando obstinately refuses.

but that’s easier said than done.

he can feel his nose wrinkle as averts eye contact. keeping watch over the darkened tunnel proves more relieving.

some drink. others smoke. and sometimes they look for comfort in others.

he breaths out a weariness well beyond his age.

in whatever form that may take.

+10 MP per IC post x8

= 90 MP total