Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 6:21:00 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There is darkness. A deep, dark, primordial soup. Inside it, his mind swims. He is nothing. Not Michael Navidson. Not Navy. Not a bodyguard, a detective, or mercenary. Just empty consciousness floating in a state devoid of dreams. Sweet oblivion. He is nothing, and maybe he will never, ever, ever be anything ever again.[break][break]

A delusion briefly interrupted by a blearing noise. He fades into oblivion once more. Again it rings, and again. By the fourth call, this creature is forced to rouse from his stupor. Michael Navidson rises off of his couch like a mummy from a sarcophagus. His eyes drift around in the dark, focusing. He is surrounded by beer bottles. It was another hard night of missing the people he couldn’t save. Focusing his bloodshot eyes, he sees the name on the phone.[break][break]

Greg Leslie. An unfortunate man with two first names. Navy, as a rule, hates cops, but he still has this man’s number saved. Against his better judgement, he answers the phone.[break][break]

He wants a mission. And, for his sins, Greg gives him one.[break][break]

Yeah?” His voice is raspy. Navy sounds like someone has taken sandpaper to his vocal cords. Nothing a little water won’t fix. For now, he listens.[break][break]

Michael, you know the temple on the road north of the city? Ryuudoji?” Greg sounds frantic. In the backdrop of his voice is frustration and a hint of tension, beaten under a cool layer of professional courtesy.[break][break]

The one built by the Johto immigrants? Based on that one religion. What was it called? Shin…Shinin…Shanana-” Greg cuts him off, sharp as a sword through rope.[break][break]

Shinto. Yeah. Michael, there’s been a murder. But it’s weird. And we’re understaffed. We’ll pay you. Your usual rate and half over besides.”[break][break]

It’s good money. Navy considers the offer. He smells like cheap booze and cheaper women. He looks worse than he feels. It’d be easy to just roll over and sleep. Drift back into that oblivion.[break][break]

His eye catches a glint of a photo in the dark. His little brother, Gabe, and himself. Gabe smiling at him. Once upon a time, that kid called him a hero. Now, Gabe’s in his grave. And Michael Navidson is all that remains.[break][break]

He gets up.[break][break]

Let me get a shower first.”[break][break]

The road between Slateport and Ryuudoji temple is blessedly short. At three in the morning, there is no traffic. People have the good sense to be asleep. Navy’s truck pulls up to the parking lot at the foot of the long staircase leading up to the temple. He ascends like a pilgrim seeking forgiveness.[break][break]

What’s evident to him as he climbs is disrepair. The grass is overgrown. Leaves and even dirt line the steps. These monks aren’t rich. The temple’s fallen into a state of minor disrepair. The dirt permeates the top. Navy notices a little line trailing off into the forest, like a track but not quite. It’s just a little off.[break][break]

What’s very off is the blasted body of the man in the center of the courtyard. His eyes are wide in shock. His arms are spread eagle. It is evident his chest is cave in by some supermassive force.[break][break]

Greg.” Navy says, sipping on hastily bought coffee.[break][break]

Michael. We’re waiting on someone else to get here before I give you the run down. We pulled in another guy to help.”[break][break]

Oh yeah? He runnin’ late, or he step off for a moment?” Navy asks.[break][break]

Before Greg can answer, one of the shingles on the temple gate falls off. In the dark silence of the night, it’s as loud as a gunshot.[break][break]

It promises to be a long night.

[break][break]

+ We Disco Elysium now

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 12:56:31 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]
[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The call arrived late in the evening—somewhere between his nightcap and his insomnia. A black brow raised as the man turned toward the desktop phone. Nikita sighed. Him again? Only after he finished reorganizing the folder in his hands did the man pick up the phone. “Gregory.” The detective paused to sip from his mug. The childish design on it is courtesy of his grandson. “Good evening.”

In his heyday, such an investigation would have been beneath him. It would not generate enough fanfare to hold his attention. Between his wife and three children, the detective could afford to be selective. He preferred cases that spoke to his soul. Ones that could create widespread good. These days, none of this mattered. To the old hound, much of the thrill had evaporated from the hunt. Cases existed to pay the bills. The tremors of his old urges are like chasing the dredges of a long-gone high.

Only the vengeance keeps his heart beating. This daylight man, the famous detective, somehow became a shell. Even now—listening to the details of the temple slaying—his eyes kept sliding to the secret drawer on his desk. The one with the other phone. All of his notes on his Rocket targets. “I will be there shortly.” Without a word between him and his ever-faithful hound, the pair departed the office.

The pair made it to the temple sometime later—approximately half an hour before Michael. While he examined the scene, Nikita did his best to ignore the debriefing of the officers. He found assumptions, especially from the unskilled, dangerous. Their showing came roughly half an hour before Michael’s arrival. A number of notes were now written on his phone.

From the path below them, Nikita’s soft tones rang. A scoff underlaid his words. “A gentleman is never late.” The elder man mounted the steps, his gaze flicking to Gregory. His shadow rippled from the Houndstone hiding within it. “And I believe help is an understatement. At this point, I should receive a pension.” Bright, keen blue eyes swept over Navy. He noted the cut of his shirt and the way he held his hands. How he groomed himself and where his eyes roamed.

The man lit up a cigarette, peering at the temple ahead. He introduced himself. “Nikita. Sokolov.” A name that once topped documentaries and foiled famous cases. The family marker of gangsters and thugs. “What do you believe happened?”

He had his theories. But he saw little need to rob the younger man of a chance to reason. There was so frightfully little of it these days.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #80B0EC; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #65A0E9; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #6792F5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#6792F5;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 8:57:20 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The great detective sees a man wrangling with a giant. A fresh shower and cheap soap can’t hide the bags under his eyes, the droop in his shoulders, a perpetual haggard shift in his posture. This was a man disturbed from his rest, coaxed out of bed. One not entirely sure he wishes to be here until his eyes find the dead man. Those eyes focus on the body more than anything else.[break][break]
People fascinate this creature. People fascinate him more than Pokemon or dirt trails or the overgrowth of grass. Recognition dawns in his eyes at Nikita’s name. Anyone with a finger to the pulse of this world knows Nikita Sokolov. He is great. The great detective. Suddenly playing the part of a junior, his posture corrects itself. He tries to stand taller, not to challenge, but to show respect.[break][break]
But the hunger in his eyes doesn’t go away. They’re still held by the same fervent desire to find out the truth of what killed this man. He needs it like a hound needs a bone, like a heroin addict needs a fix. He focuses on the body, dressed in his cleanest dirty shirt, with hair still wet from a shower combed in some meager attempt to be stylish.[break][break]
The eyes fall under the body. They trace from there to the edge of his hairline. They go to the forehead, where the telltale dots these monks are known for do not blemish his forehead.[break][break]
I don’t think he was killed.” Navy says, voice serious as a heart attack. Realizing what he said, he corrects himself. “Rather—I don’t think he was murdered.”[break][break]
What—” Greg tries to interrupt but Navy keeps going. If Sokolov and him are the ones they called in to help, then it behooves them to work together. Discuss thoughts. If he’s wrong, so be it. He’ll at least offer a sounding board to the great detective.[break][break]
It looks like a hyper beam or something caved in the guy’s chest. Pattern’s not consistent with any ballistic weapon I know about.” He glances to his senior, wondering if he will have some greater insight into that before he continues.[break][break]
But…it’s too small to be a Pokemon, either. Anything that could produce enough force to do this to his chest would scorch the place. Someone would have seen it or heard it. You’d have an open and shut case. You wouldn’t need me, much less Sokolov. So, if it wasn’t a man and it wasn’t a Pokemon…hard to call it murder.”[break][break]
The gears are turning in his head. The man punches the giant. Even if he’s wrong, he’s trying. Sometimes, the trying is what matters – at least in Michael Navidson’s world.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 3:53:53 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
If the metaphor of addiction was more literal, the detectives would be sharing a dirty needle. Clutching desperately at a novel mystery in this land where every crime started and ended with Rocket.. But—somehow—the drug’s now just one of the elder man’s vices. It stitched the hours between fixes into a patchwork quilt of dependency. This other urge eclipsed his drive for mental games. It was the titular double-edged sword— vengeance.

Nikita puffs at his cigarette as Navy speaks. “I believe his corpse would disagree,” There is a hint of wry humor to the man’s words. But it’s somehow hollow, like a terribly cheap chocolate bunny. As the younger investigator continues, the Johtoan does not make further interruptions, He merely allows his eyes to roam the scene in front of him—a disproportionate amount of attention paid to the man in front of him. It is easy to see they suffer from the same disease. It’s visible in the blue-haired man’s shining gaze. One of them just put more effort into the presentation.

The older man stares into the monk’s smashed chest. It is not so much punctured as crushed. He knew many kinds of weapons. “Perhaps a cannonball, but we are nowhere near the ocean.” And, as far as Nikita knew, the land was mercifully free of land pirates. That is not to say, however, that such an idea was impossible.

Nikita began to slowly circle the altar upon which the man fell. “Your assumption that such an attack would be a spectacle is incorrect, however.” A cloud of smoke snakes out between his lips, temporarily obscuring yellow-stained fingers. It was not as if the man could cry out. Lungs were typically required to do so. ”Alakazam can fold trucks in silence—ghosts can pull victims silently into other dimensions.” He nodded after a moment.

“But I do not believe that is what occurred.” His witnesses did not know of anyone who had an issue with the man before them. “This is an accident, little more." At worst, there was a cover up at play.

Again, Greg tries to speak. But he is silenced with an impatient wave of the hand. After a moment, he gestured for Navy to continue. “Walk our officer friend through what happened.”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #80B0EC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #65A0E9; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #6792F5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#6792F5;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 12:06:44 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The junior is nothing if not obedient. He enjoys the momentum, the cogs turning in his head. It makes this trip out of Slateport in the dead hours of the morning with the effort. Navy points a finger at the man’s forehead. Michael Navidson is not the sort of creature who can make great leaps in logic. He’s not particularly knowledgeable.[break][break]
But what he does know, what he understands in intimate detail, his threadline as a detective, is the human heart. It drives people to do stupid things. It acts on impulse devoid of logic. The heart’s effect upon the rest of the body cannot be understated.[break][break]
Our victim’s young. If I were a betting man, Greg, I’d bet he hasn’t taken any vows or gone through any initiation rites. In other words, a novice. Someone they trust enough to let in here without drawing too much attention.”[break][break]
Navy traces a finger from the body to a door leading into the temple. Faint imprints of footsteps lead to where he fell, blown away several feet from where the steps end.[break][break]
He thinks he’s gotten himself an easy score. Some treasure they’ve got hidden away inside. Walks out with it. Some of ‘em have pack a punch. Mess with them the wrong way, toy with it, boom. Explosion. To put it another way…”[break][break]
Navy nods back towards the heavily forested canopy heading down outside, back to civilization. Back to cars. Back to all the modern amenities that make life worth living, all the things these monks reject.[break][break]
…I think he tried walking out of here with a mega stone. They’re volatile when they’re not handled right. Learned that the hard way myself.” The younger man taps his wrist, where a broken watch sits. Affixed to it is a mega stone – Garchompite, to be precise. Navy doubts he will have occasion to use the stone tonight, but it serves his purpose well enough.[break][break]
Ask the monks. If it’s not a mega stone, it’s a tera orb or something else like that. Sokolov, I’ve got my Arcanine with me. If you want, he can try to pick up the scent of whatever he was holding, track through the forest and find it.” He punctuates this with a smile that has a teasing, wry quality.[break][break]
Wouldn’t want you to run into land pirates looking for it yourself, you understand.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 5:11:18 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
As Michael spoke, Nikita continued a silent contemplation of the scene. At some point, his phone went from his pocket to his hand. But it seemed he was not texting as much as he was doing research. With surprising swiftness, he scans the pages before him. The rows of letters reflect into his slim glasses, a mysterious deluge of alphabet soup.

The victim is young, he is correct about that. But something is foul with this theory. Wan blue eyes sweep away from the door to another hidden behind the shrine itself. Perhaps the artifact room? Blue eyes shift toward the trappings of modernity behind them. The detective could better understand the appeal of the simplicity at his back. Once upon a time—the night he missed his wife’s funeral—he’d thought about bestowing it on himself. Albeit in a more permanent manner. Instead, that gun’s first bullet went into a skull that wasn’t his.

The elder detective turned back to face Navy. “Have the monks reported anything missing?” If this was a case of theft, it seemed strange that no one had checked--especially in the face of such odd circumstances. The man and his hound shared a brief glance as the younger man volunteered to track them down. “You are free to do as you wish.” It’s almost dismissive. Everyone knew he worked alone.

Bright eyes dropped to his spectral hound—formerly a handsome Houndoom. For a moment, the ghost of affection flashed across his face. Almost alone.

“I have two questions.” One skeletal finger went up. “First, how do you propose the ‘artifact’ moved from here without the assistance of this corpse.” A concave chest was rarely conclusive to walking. “Second, where is the evidence of this explosion? The infinity energy? The Teracrystal sheddings?”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #80B0EC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #65A0E9; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #6792F5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:420px;background-color:#6792F5;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 12:44:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hmmm…” He gives the man’s words serious thought. Chews them over. Ruminates. He’s right in the sense that there’s a million other things it could be. His eyes turn back to the face of the young man.[break][break]
This is less my experience as a detective speaking and more as a trainer. Bad shi- er, it usually doesn’t go well if you accidentally trigger something chock full of infinity energy. Seen it nearly kill a guy in a match before. Shoots off like a bullet into the great wide yonder.”[break][break]
He falls back on instincts he will come to call warrior’s instincts in a few weeks. They have no place in this world he currently inhabits. Greg chimes in, trying to be helpful.[break][break]
They haven’t told us anything’s been stolen.” He admits. “Granted, what with the body, I doubt they’ve had chance to really see what is or isn’t there. Most of them are still half-awake at best.”[break][break]
Words that really benefit neither of them. Navy tries to move it forward, see what the Great Detective thinks.[break][break]
What would you say happened then, Sokolov?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Temple Hit [M]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 0:02:57 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
Nikita continues to survey the scene with a sharp eye. He notes the room’s layout and the strange location of the corpse. He attempts to calculate the trajectory required to land a body so perfectly upon that altar. It is there that he notices another oddity—-the way the arms have been lain.

“Hm.” Much of his work is done in contemplative silence—far from the theatrics common to fictional detectives.

At the other detective’s comment, Nikita turns to face him. “I am sure it was quite the sight.” His voice shows no signs of being impressed—it is his typical, cool tones. “We will have the detectives search the surrounding forest.” Not because he believes they will find anything, but because he would rather not deal with the bravadoes in a badge. Typically, a wild Swanna chase provided a simple distraction.

The police officer’s voice drew him from his contemplations. His jaw stiffened. “Also, Gregory, please have them take inventory.” If something was actually missing, then it was a notch in favor of young Navidson’s theory. Otherwise, it would require further investigation.

“Typically, I do not indulge in unfounded theories—” It was better to wait until he had all of the evidence. “But, I believe the scene has been staged.” He walked closer to the young man on top of the altar. “The body’s positioning is strange. Something unlikely to occur by happenstance.” Grey-blue eyes lifted to the bell above. He smirked.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights