TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
magic eight ball [POSTDORM]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 7:02:19 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollietop"]
[attr="class","littleollie"]

dewford town had become a warzone of distortions, the sudden expansion of the RIFT causing issues all over. both with civilians, and the leaguers who were meant to infiltrate the space.

[break][break] ollie stood on the edge of one of the portals, sitting atop his wyrdeer, on look-out for any rockets who thought to come their way.

[break][break] he looks sideways at his partner for the mission.

[break][break] "you see anything?"

[attr="class","ooc"] + [break]
COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+50 MP (participation) [break]
+10 MP (ic post)

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 2:58:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i think everyone who's going to want in on the action already is inside," he tells ollie.

he either wasn't seeing anything or he wasn't looking at the right places. his binoculars pointed to the open spaces of the beach town, with citizens boarded up in their own homes and the normal wild pokemon shenanigans happening in the town.

"we can track them down," kyle offers, "but that's if we can differentiate the scent of rocket from the people who volunteered for the league."

kyle does have pokemon trained in tracking, but at this day and age, application for it was becoming limited.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 7:33:06 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"]

"oh. that's a good point."

[break][break] of course, the CHAMPION would think of those types of things. ollie counted himself lucky that he was paired with .

[break][break] he leans down on his wyrdeer, squinting out at the horizon. everything seemed clear as day, with the exception of the citizens that were boarded up safely in the town. it brought a bit of relief to the ranger, knowing that was at least one thing that he didn't have to think about.

[break][break] "wait."

[break][break] ollie turns to him, balking.

[break][break] "you can differentiate smells? is that - like - your avatar power?"

COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+10 MP (ic post)

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 3:55:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, no. i meant my pokemon."

he gives him the benefit of the doubt since he's a funny guy and avatar stuff aren't really common knowledge.

"you know, like when you train this dog pokemon to actually do something with a scent trail? it's a pretty common thing with dog trainers, i think, since i heard they don't even need to specifically train pokemon for those nowadays."

kyle had to before, back when hoenn was still a land of peace and pokemon fights weren't really prevalent, so pokemon who didn't get stronger from fights had to manually learn this specific skill instead of letting it come to them naturally.

"so, do we just, you know, run in there? i guess we can just chill here for a stakeout if that means rocket isn't going to get their messages freely with people watching."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 7:17:38 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "oh."

[break][break] ollie feels a little sheepish then, for a moment, before nodding along with what kyle says.

[break][break] "yeah, yeah! i know about that. rangers often use their pokemons similarly, it's really useful when you want to track down something."

[break][break] or someone. ollie looks over at the pools of portals opening up before them, and the pink smog that leaks in from the barriers.

[break][break] "birds are pretty good at that too. i've worked with a few bird trainers who've used pidove or pidgey to scout out avalanche victims or lost kids."

[break][break] he reaches into his belt, releasing his pidgeot into the air.

[break][break] "let's do a stakeout for now, and if we see anything suspicious - or our pokemon do - we can sneak in."

[break][break] ollie pressed a finger to his ear, just briefly checking the communication lines. nothing reported, just yet.

[break]

COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+10 MP (ic post)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 18:04:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle likes stakeouts, mostly because they were paid to basically do nothing. they usually take a long time though, which constitutes as a con of the job.

unlike ollie, kyle keeps his pokemon with him. most of the ones he brought were for combat anyways as he was expected to do more of that than this.

being on the lookout takes up time that was supposed to be a resting period from the consecutive fights he would have taken if he stayed inside the rift. it hits two birds with one stone, kyle thinks, since he'd rather much do this than sleep.

"if i fall asleep, can you wake me up?" he asks ollie. "i think i might just nap, you know if i do, like nap-nap."

he yawns right after mentioning napping to ollie.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 6:25:34 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] ollie yawns right after kyle does.

[break][break] after all, yawning was addicting.

[break][break] "sure!" a thought occurs to him, before he pauses. "you're not like - gonna hit me, are you? are you the kinda guy that hates napping but pretends he doesn't?"

[break][break] waking up from her impromptu naps as a child had always been a pain. she always told him to wake her up, and then when he did, she got mad at him!

[break][break] "if you do, don't hit me that hard, okay?"

COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+10 MP (ic post)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 15:31:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"just hard enough to not get reported for assault, got it."

not that he would. kyle was barely physical with anyone, though he supposed he's been doing a lot of the arm-over-shoulder thing.

"nah, i like sleep," he tells ollie. "i'd just rather be awake just in case i'm needed. you feel me, right?"

everyone he knows can do their job. it was just a manner of being the insurance policy given that he has something that not everyone else has.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 18:24:46 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "yeah," ollie says with a chuckle. "that would suck."

[break][break] ollie was hardly an aggressor himself. he was a ranger - rangers protected the people and pokemon, not the other way around.

[break][break] most of the time.

[break][break] "yeah," ollie nods. "i feel you. go to sleep, man."

[break][break] ollie leans his elbows forward on the antlers of his wyrdeer, peering out at the endless space. ollie didn't travel much to dewford. while he was often called to other cities to assist with his ranger duties, dewford was out of the way for most and in general didn't get much foot traffic. it was why all of this stuff was so crazy, why they'd all been asked to assist.

[break][break] even rangers.

[break][break] he yawns, the pinpricks of exhaustion tugging away at his thoughts. the rift in front of them tore wider, threatening more portals to open up.

COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+10 MP (ic post)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 3:55:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it'll just be a quick shut-eye," he reminds ollie. "i'll treat you to coffee after this. thanks."

he wouldn't trust any other person he was usually close with, but the ranger seemed dependable enough for the job. most with the skills would take it upon themselves if the going gets rough instead of getting help from him when he's available, but what he sees in ollie doesn't give him that image.

or that maybe he just doesn't know him enough yet.

his eyes droop quickly as he was given the opportunity, taking no less than a second to start napping. the knowledge that he was a light sleeper was enough to convince himself to take the bait of slumber.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 6:43:17 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] it's not super often that ollie gets the opportunity to work with others outside of the rangers, but when he does, he enjoys it. not that he really knows much about the officers, but he knows enough about them and about 's reputation as champion to know that it was a privilege to work alongside him.

[break][break] glancing sideways as the other dozes off to sleep, though, he can't help but be reminded of his boyhood sleepovers. there was something comfortable and easing about being with the hoenn champion.

[break][break] "nothing in the north side," he says into his communicator, still looking out at the distortions. he blinks as he watches a stray wingull fly into one of the portals, and then fly out a completely separate one.

[break][break] "woah," he mumbled under his breath, then raises his arm when his pidgeot comes back to him. "you see anything, saff?"

[break][break] the pidgeot chirped, eyes gleaming with KEEN EYE.

[break][break] "check again. i just wanna be sure."

[break][break] saffron took off then, spreading his wings wide, and ollie's heart stuttered in his chest.

[break][break] he glanced briefly at the dozing champion.

[break][break] 'should i wake him up?'

[break][break]

COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+10 MP (ic post)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 14:35:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
entei appears before ollie, walking with pride from the base of their outlook to where the pair were resting.

even without words, one can see that entei was present only to watch over ho-oh's avatar. the pressure is strong, but the stare it held with ollie's eyes quickly passes, lifting the tension immediately.

it does nothing but stand next to its sleeping avatar.

entei appears amicable in ollie's presence, perhaps having studied his relationship with kyle for a while already.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 6:41:19 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] saffron is quick to confirm - there are rockets coming, and they better be ready. ollie turns his head to wake up his friend, but pauses when he realizes that the hugest dog he's ever seen is just staring at him.

[break][break] the amount of pressure he feels to protect kyle's life is immeasurable. even more than before.

[break][break] but this was just a couple of rockets, right?

[break][break] but ollie had made a promise.

[break][break] "hey dude," ollie says, nudging his friend awake. "looks like we got some trouble."

[break][break] with that, the ranger captain is off. his wyrdeer's hooves knock against the ground as he tosses a SCATTERBANG at the pair of incoming rockets.

COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+10 MP (ic post)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 15:21:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the moment kyle stirs, the entei turns tail and vacates the area. although its cameo was brief, it did its job as kyle's guardian.

kyle's eyes open groggily as he forces the yawn from happening. he ends up yawning anyways because he cannot stop the biological functions of his body.

it takes him a while to adjust his sight. the next thing he knows, ollie was already charging in, ready to scrap. kyle was down as well, especially if it's going to wake him up completely. it's always the short naps that he finds difficult fully waking up from.

he brings out his lucario. kyle points the objective to his pokemon, and from their vantage point, they see the effects of the scatterbang from ollie taking effect.

the grunts began to book it, only for them to get cut off by the lucario's long-ranged steel beam interrupting them from their path, forcing them to stop and face the ranger.

kyle and his pokemon move afterwards, chasing after ollie and his wyrdeer.

70 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 17:30:10 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "shit!"

[break][break] the champion stops them in their tracks with a steel beam, just enough time for the ranger captain to catch up to them.

[break][break] "stop right there! you guys aren't getting any further than this."

[break][break] ollie jumps off the back of his wyrdeer, releasing his aipom. the monkey lets out a SCREECH to distract their opponents, before mocha stamps his hooves against the ground. a blast of PSYCHIC zigzags towards on the rocket duo.

[break][break] "ugh, you stupid leaguers need to mind your own business!"

[break][break] one of the rockets releases a empoleon who creates a barrier of PROTECT around them to guard themselves from the damage. after, the pokemon darts for 's lucario with AQUA JET.

COMMS [1/2]

[break][break]

+10 MP (ic post)