give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 7:10:32 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]
[attr="class","jayjaytop"]

[attr="class","body"]
"delaney, you there?"

[break][break] his voice crackles through the end of the communication device.

[break][break] sitting at the edge of dewford town, admist the pulses of fragmented energy that was pulling at the interdimensional rift, jayden sat hidden beneath a tall obstruction. he was well-hidden away, keeping a careful eye out for any league intervention as their forces piled into the portals.

[break][break] "i don't see anything on my end."

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".jayjay"] margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;line-height:15px; } .jayjaytop { width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px; border:solid 1px #232323; } .jayjay .body { font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px; } .jayjay b { font-family: poppins; } .jayjay i { color:#89888a; } .jayjay span { font-family:poppins; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; } .jayjay .oocnotes { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .jayjay .credit { float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
976 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 5:24:32 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]
The familiar voice carries over the radio waves to their earpiece. In spite of the formality, they smile.

[break][break] ”‘Course I am, Cross.”

[break][break]On the opposite end of Dewford, they survey the progression of their numbers through the backstreets toward the portals that Jayden overlooks. They’re equally as shrouded in the dark, tucked against the trunk of a tree where they sit on a branch. Obscured by leaves and the dark.

[break][break]“Same over here. Slow, but steady.”

[break] + COMMS [1/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".jayjay"] margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;line-height:15px; } .jayjaytop { width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px; border:solid 1px #232323; } .jayjay .body { font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px; } .jayjay b { font-family: poppins; } .jayjay i { color:#89888a; } .jayjay span { font-family:poppins; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; } .jayjay .oocnotes { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .jayjay .credit { float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 5:31:13 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]
of course i am.

[break][break] even though he expected nothing less, there was some semblance of relief at hearing the other on the other end. jayden shifts in his position, glancing out the torn rift in front of them.

[break][break] "good. keep an eye out."

[break][break] be careful.

[break][break] he bites back the FEAR, but his voice is softened when he speaks:

[break][break] "what should we do to pass the time?"

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
976 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 5:58:33 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]Their eyes flit from body to body, observing the area as their dragapult does a parameter check. Medb isn’t quite as connect to them as Ceci, but she’s proven an asset. They speak, but they don’t pause in what they’re doing.

[break][break] ”Staying sharp as a tack, duck.” aka don’t worry. I’m here.

[break][break]At the question posed, they smile again. He’s not there to see it, but they still shrug.

[break][break]“Dunno. Talk, spill secrets, play dumb little games.”

[break] + COMMS [1/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 6:46:13 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]
A ghost of a smile lifted his lips at the familiarity of tone.

[break][break] Even as apart as they were, it warmed his heart. Their secret phrases, their comforting words.

[break][break] He takes a breath, watching the fissure of light as the rift continues to tear.

[break][break] "You sound like when he wants to schedule a sleepover."

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
976 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 0:41:32 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]Medb returns to them once it’s been confirmed that the coast remains clear. Her translucent body phases through the trunk of the tree—only her chin becomes tangible long enough for a quick scratch, which Fern obliges.

[break][break]There’s quiet on the other end for a moment, but they know he’s only mulling over their words.

[break][break]A soft peal of laughter wafts through the radio waves at the mention of . It sounds perfectly on brand for the beast.

[break][break]“Well, props to Mint because that is exactly what sleepovers are for. Speaking of, I’m slated to connect with him after I finish up over here on my end.”

[break] + COMMS [1/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 7:47:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]
The scarlet-red sclera of Vritra's eyes are only visible from a distance, as the Gengar does reconnaissance work for him, making sure that nothing is remiss before disappearing back into shadow. Jayden's gaze shifts, spotting the image of his two Umbreon flattened beneath the side of a house, inspecting it for any invisible barriers.

[break][break] Once satisfied, they pad away.

[break][break] The soft peal of laughter that echoes through the comms warms him. Makes his heart feel a little fuzzy, but the distraction is worth it, if only to hear 's laughter a bit more.

[break][break] "Let me know how he is," Jayden says after a moment, something like concern bleeding through his voice. It isn't that he has doubts about 's ability but the words of still echo in his ear. Immature. He had made a promise to their Underboss that he would personally oversee the training, yet it had been weeks since he'd connected with their Beast. Guilt seeps in through the cracks.

[break][break] A little softer, he asks:

[break][break] "How are you?"

[break]

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
976 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 6:00:16 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]Their own sableye SHADOW SNEAKS about the area as well—looking to sniff out anyone opposing force that might be hiding in the dark. Should that happen, the little imp would be quick to call their dragapult back down.[break][break]

Fern doesn’t mind the quiet that follows, even if they chatter to fill it up within seconds. It’s familiar like the man on the other end of the line is familiar. And despite the clipper edge of worry that wants to creep in, they’re soothed.[break][break]

“Sure, I can do that.” Obviously they don’t know the full details of why Jayden might be interested to know, but the slight murmur of concern in his voice doesn’t go unnoticed. [break][break]

“Me?” They go still, falling silent for a moment. “I’m doing just fine. Better than I thought I would.” they haven’t seen too much combat since Mt. pyre. It lingers when they’d rather it didn’t. But they don’t want to disappoint him either, so they push the little nettling anxieties down.

[break] + COMMS [1/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 6:50:43 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] It wasn't what he was asking, but he'd left the answer open-ended for a reason.

[break][break] How were they? After Pyre? After the Borders trip? After everything?

[break][break] "I'm here if you need anything," he says instead, fumbling with a loose thread on the cuff of his outfit. He snaps the thread with a thumb and index finger. "You know that, right?"

[break][break] On his end, he gathers a STICKY ORB from his pack and then tosses it onto the battlefield. It would be sure to stop any incoming League agents in their tracks.

[break][break] "We should play a game," he says after a moment, even though he doesn't know where to begin.

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
976 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 5:08:34 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] They aren’t even in the deep sea yet, but it’s suspicious energy rolls out of the rifts. It flares up old anxieties. Stirs new ones despite their typically and stupidly large sense of self.[break][break]

There’s a lot that has weighed on their mind in the last few days. Weeks. They’ve resolved things, but they’re good, right? Both of them? This won’t be a repeat of the stress that clouds their memory of Mt. Pyre?[break][break]

Even as he reassures them, their brave face comes up. Covers them like the half-mask already fitted over their features. Disguised.[break][break]

“Of course I know, duck,” they reply softly. But clear and concise. Maybe tinged with a little distraction. On their end their smile is still tinged with worry.“Of course.”[break][break]

Their sigh is bitten back, and they let the mood shift again. Flowing with it as best as they’re able. “What sort?”

[break] + COMMS [1/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 5:25:42 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] For a moment, he hesitates. Did he hear something in 's voice? No. That must have just been the influence of the pink smog, and the portals that leak out from it. All of the rifts had an influence over them, no matter how much they pretended otherwise.

[break][break] "I don't know," Jayden says, this time with his lips curved into a smile. Like the ones they give them when he's teasing. "You're usually the creative one, between the two of us."

[break][break] "Can you think of anything?"

[break]

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
976 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 4:16:22 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] Guilt for the pulse of doubt twists through them, knotting up their stomach. It was nothing. They have no need to be concerned. So those thoughts get quickly shoved away.[break][break]

“True. I suppose I’m a bit off my game tonight,” they murmur back with a short laugh. They hum in pronounced thought. “Let’s see…how about two truths and a lie?”[break][break]

The glimmer of a smile returns to their face. “Fail to guess the lie, and you owe the other a favor.” Saved for a later date.[break][break]

Because it implied a later to be shared, beyond that night.

[break] + COMMS [1/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 7:08:00 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] "— a bit off my game tonight."

[break][break] Pang. It was yet another reminder that something was amiss, but also now was neither the time nor the moment to ask them of it. Jayden knew more than anyone. He bit his bottom lip, allowing the moment to pass.

[break][break] "Okay," he says. "I'll go first."

[break][break] The admin takes another moment to gather his thoughts. It was funny how things such as battling or war directives came so easily to him, and yet something as simple as this brought him pause.

[break][break] "My father always remembered my birthday; I've never been ice skating before; I dyed my hair once, badly."

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
976 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 17:25:56 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"]They don’t try to dwell on the slightly off kilter feeling that remains. It’s not how they want this moment to go–before they are unable to hold a steady line of communication. So they’re thankful when he doesn’t press. They wonder, absently, if he even wants to.[break][break]

Slinking down from their perch, they continue to set the scene for delays to incoming league parties. Cloaked by night and followed by their dragapult, they lay a line of POISON BARBS to impede any opponents before they even reach the rift.[break][break]

From the shadow of a building, their sableye flags them–gem eyes glimmering in the dark from what little light is cast by dimmed street lamps and the moon.[break][break]

Still, they sift through the options given as they make their way over to the pokemon. Making a point of humming playfully. “Surely you never dyed your hair, that must be it.” It’s sort of funny to imagine, though. Perhaps an adolescent Jayden with hair gone terribly green.

[break] + COMMS [1/2]
[break]
+ thread participation (50mp) + ic post x7 (70mp) + paranoid from the deep sea (10mp) + use of poison barb (10mp) = 140mp

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
give & take [pd]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 22:24:06 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay"]

[attr="class","body"] a sword is plunged unforgivingly into the backside of an unsuspecting league guard. afterwards, traps of STICKY BLOBS are set up around it's corpse.

[break][break] the ghastly laughter of vritra rings through the air as she sprints around the edge, closing a torn rift with ICY WIND.

[break][break] "actually," jayden says, his voice slightly bemused as it crackles through the speaker. "i did. it was meant to be white - " like his brother's - "but i forgot to use the toner. it ended up purple."

[break][break] had made fun of him for weeks.

[break] + COMMS [2/2]
[attr="class","credit"]