kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 3:20:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hey!"

kyle meets up with another person fighting for the league cause. hands casually wave in the air as he approaches to get the other person's attention, if his call hadn't yet.

"they said they needed numbers here. need any help?"

he hasn't really heard of anything besides certain tasks losing people from clashes with rocket. kyle simply took in the work, thinking it's less mentally taxing than any other job in the field.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 12:51:39 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Finally, some reinforcements.[break][break]
Weary from his recent fight with the mysterious Rocket () who had slipped past the League's Granite Cave defenses, Caleb turned somewhat sluggishly to greet the newcomer.[break][break]
"Hey, yeah, a Rocket got by me," Caleb sighed, frustration evident in his ton. He pointed in the direction the man had fled - deeper into the Ultra Deep Sea, which wasn't good. "I did some damage, though. He will need to regroup before looking for Seal Stones. We should probably still warn the research groups..."[break][break]
Caleb paused, actually taking in the sight of the other man. He was very familiar. Not because Caleb knew him personally, but because...[break][break]
"You're , aren't you?" Caleb blurted out, shocked that this particular man had been sent to help out some random Ranger cadet rather than take on a much more important task, whatever that might be. "The Champion?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Caleb's Outfit Inspiration: League-issued tactical gear[break]
POSTDORMITUM: COMMS[break]
MP Tracker
  • 50 - Participating in a Postdormitum Mission
  • 10 - IC Post in a Postdormitum Mission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.caleb2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.caleb2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 13:51:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, haha, yeah," he sheepishly admits, "but titles don't mean much here, right?"

he's still keen on the idea that have been anyone else's had it not been passed down to him due to seniority.

trying to change the subject from himself, he gets back to business. as much as he'd rather have the guy rest, time was ticking in this amazing race.

"the closest camp we have is there, i think." he points to a direction instead of mentioning one. he doesn't even know if ultra deep sea had poles for compasses to work anyways.

hands rest on his waist. a brow raises, alongside an offer he's willing to raise to caleb.

"or we can chase that person and let them lead us to where the seal stone is. what do you say?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 0:48:59 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Pretty humble, Caleb thought as brushed off the fact that he was the current League Champion, immediately moving away from the subject. Caleb would have expected somebody with that sort of title to be arrogant, but Kyle seemed anything but.[break][break]
Caleb considered Kyle's two proposals. If they went straight to the camp, they might be able to set up some defenses before Caleb's Rocket adversary - or any Rockets - found it. If they chased after Caleb's Rocket, they might find a Seal Stone - Rocket had discovered them to begin with, and had a jump on the League. Maybe the man Caleb had fought wasn't even worried about any of the current League research groups; maybe he already knew exactly where to go.[break][break]
"We should go after him," Caleb decided, staring off in the direction his opponent had fled. "He'll either lead us to our own camp - in that case, we'll be able to help our researchers fight - or he'll take us to an area we didn't know about. That could definitely be useful."[break][break]
Caleb turned to Lyra, assessing her current wellbeing. She had attempted to heal herself back up with a shower of LIFE DEW after their recent fight, but she still looked more tired than usual. "Ready for more?" He asked her, a wry smile touching his lips. She trilled, defiant. He chuckled, then turned back to Kyle. "I'll ride my Lapras. Feel free to follow with your own Pokémon, or hop on. She can move faster than I can."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.caleb2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 16:12:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he wasn't expecting aggression, given that he just mentioned being beaten by another rocket, but it's a welcome reaction.

"good choice," he affirms. "a little bit of action might just be what i need to get these nerves out of my system."

effects of the ultra deep sea still weigh on him. he might as well not have worn his sygna suit with the amount of times he turned it off in favor of z-move and mega evolution usage.

he hops on the lapras' back when he was offered.

"it'll be rude not to take the offer, right?" he jests.

it actually escaped his mind to bring a pokemon suited in the environment. he brought a hypno, thinking about the interdream zone, but forgot a water-type that can traverse the environment better.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 2:19:59 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb blinked. The League Champion hadn't even thought to bring a water Pokémon to a...watery realm?[break][break]
"Super rude," Caleb agreed with a laugh, keeping his thoughts to himself. "Hop on!"[break][break]
Lyra's great shell had more than enough room for both men. Caleb held onto her neck as she took off through the strange ocean-like environment. As they rode, Caleb began to feel more and more wary. Not just from the earlier fight, but...something about their surroundings made him feel on edge. As if a monster might burst out of the shadows at any moment. There are worse things down here than Rockets...[break][break]
"So, uh, I take it you haven't found any of those Seal Stones yet?" Caleb asked Kyle, turning to conversation to ward off his unease. "I'm not even entirely sure what they're supposed to look like..."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker
  • 10 - Incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 14:17:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i don't either."

he's not even sure if anyone knows. the intel came from rocket, and they do not know if the other side actually has seen it or not, given that they don't have it in their hands still.

"i'm guessing it'll be obvious when we see it." kyle shrugs. "we can always just interrogate the first rocket we see once we catch up to them too."

it's probably the easiest to get information in a short period of time, though kyle isn't sure if it'll be reliable given that they have no means to validate it.

maybe the guy's better than it. speaking of... "hey, what should i call you?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 11:41:10 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Oh, right. His name. Maybe he should have introduced himself sooner to someone as important as Kyle. Idiot, Caleb chastised himself.[break][break]
"Caleb Harcourt," he said, twisting around on Lyra's back to look at the other man. "Ranger out of Slateport. Sorry about that, should have said something sooner."[break][break]
What Kyle had said about the Seal Stones - that they'd probably "know it when they see it" - didn't exactly comfort Caleb. What if some terrible beast was guarding them or something? It would be better to gather as much intel as possible. Interrogating a Rocket made sense...if only Caleb had been able to hold onto the one he'd just fought...[break][break]
Speaking of, there was no sign of that man. They'd been riding now for several long minutes. Lyra came to a stop by a cliffside that looked as if it had seen a minor avalanche recently. Boulders and shattered Tera Crystals littered the seafloor. Maybe some kind of altercation had taken place here?[break][break]
"Any ideas how we might actually find some Rockets? One second we're getting reports of fighting, the next it seems like everybody's gone into hiding..."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 13:07:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle thinks about it for a moment before just blurting out the first thing that came to mind that somewhat made sense.

"we could wait by the edge of where the dream mist start pouring out," he suggests. "there's usually people searching for it within those zones anyways. we could probably catch some whether they're going in or out of it."

he shrugs.

it sounded much better in his head than when it came out of his mouth. there's no certainty about his plan, nor was there assurance that they won't get any paradox mons going out of the zone.

"it's not the best plan, but, well, it could be worse. do you have any in mind, harcourt?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 19:45:21 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Dream mist? Caleb vaguely remembered some reports about it. Supposedly it led to another rift, a realm called the Interdream Zone. It sounded like something Caleb definitely did not want to encounter. But alas, Kyle was probably right.[break][break]
"Can't say I've got anything better in mind," Caleb admitted. He indicated to Lyra that she should keep going. The Lapras continued to swim onwards; as she did, Caleb kept his eye out for dream mist. Would he know when he saw it? He'd encountered deadly mist in The Border, but moreso because of its ability to completely obscure one's companions, aiding the attacks of the vengeful ghosts that prowled that realm. What did the Ultra Deep Sea have lurking about? Caleb wasn't sure he wanted to know.[break][break]
Something caught his eye up ahead - a small group of people huddled around...pinkish-purple mist.[break][break]
"Hey, is that one of our research teams?" Caleb wondered aloud. The group were dressed in civilian clothing, with some protective measures - goggles, gloves, industrial boots. They definitely looked like scientists to Caleb. A table was set-up with tablets and other data collection devices. There was also digging equipment...supposedly Seal Stones could be found around dream mist, but how far down one had to dig to find them was currently unknown.[break][break]
"Might be a good idea to warn them about the Rocket we saw, since we happen to be here," Caleb suggested to Kyle, motioning for Lyra to swim down to their allies.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

MP Tracker

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 1:04:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, true," he agrees.

any person to come down here was a capable trainer by their own right, but that does not discount any problem they might get from other members of rocket if they can get one of slateport's rangers.

he hops off the lapras as they descend, using the pokemon as a springboard as he floats away parallel to where the border between interdream zone and the general area of the ultra deep sea.

"i'll go look around in the mean time. i'll let you know if i find anything over this side."

his hand waves at caleb, doing so in a more casual manner than a normal salute those in their field would do.

60 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.
100 MP for completing a Postdormitum Mission.
50 MP for participation in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
200 MP for "winning" a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.

total 420 MP

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
setting [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 3:26:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: