kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 15:27:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"outpost two, your poor, little courier is closing in with company, over."

he radios the closest outpost on a walkie-talkie, given that cell coverage doesn't extend to other dimensions. carrying a bag of supplies, kyle attempts to escape a hoard of nihilego chasing after them.

beside him was a poisoned mightyena, with his quick feet carrying him away at speeds that betray his injury. crystal growths have already formed all over its body, with a crown adorning on top of his head, from earlier efforts to keep the ultra beasts at bay.

the outpost soon appears in his view. anxiety of not being able to get backup builds up, and against his better judgement, he turns around and makes a last stand.

his shoe skids against the dirt while the mightyena takes the signal to face them back in battle, throwing one tera blast after the other.

"hey, hey, any other person there?" he desperately calls back to the other line from his radio.

10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.
10 MP use terastallization in your thread.
25 MP for incorporating an ultra beast in your thread.

postdormitum: cargo
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 7:26:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ME DND

CARGO

“BATTLE ROUTINE SET!”

a familiar voice echoes from the deep pits of the ULTRA SEA outpost. what kyle’s comm line fails to pick up is instead answered by the vigor of hoenn’s POKeATHALON coach. a summer full of receiving fernando’s orders in real time becomes painfully nostalgic as a hulking figure wades closer to them at an alarming speed.

whatever distance separates them is dwarfed by the growing size of his enclosing STEELIX. ab right light radiates from the pokemon’s open maw. by the time it actually reaches kyle, the LIGHT OF RUIN will have already fired. how effective it’ll prove against NIHILEGO remains to be seen.

whether it lives up to kyle’s TERA BLAST or not hardly matters. against such a large school, every blast counts.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

+10 MP per IC post
+25 MP for incorporating an ultra beast in your thread.

= 35 MP total

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 18:26:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
earth rumbles with the steelix's entry.

kyle turns and sees backup arriving immediately. still, his teeth keeps on gnashing together. unease felt unnatural, but it was what he felt regardless of the turnout.

paranoia pushes him to go for the extremes to guarantee his own safety. with another person with him, draining his resources should have less of an impact as opposed to when he was alone.

z-move: shattered psyche

interaction between terastallization and z-moves culminate to his mightyena using a z-move whose typing do not match any of the mightyena's known moves. tera blast turns into a powerful move instead, keeping the swarm of nihilego back with a larger blast.

20 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.
10 MP use a z-move in your thread.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 4:44:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ME DND

CARGO

BLINDING LIGHT EATS AWAY AT THESE UNEARTHLY CYSTS. the same LIGHT OF RUIN that was prophesied to bring RUINATION to their land is now weaponized against these foreign invaders. like viruses, they shrivel under prolonged exposure. the twisted knots of SHATTERED PSYCHE destroy them from the inside. and when they faint? they become still pools of white, not unlike the remaining puss of a bacterial invasion.

execute!

PRIMAL ENERGY pools from the MEGA STONE in his palm. it swells all at once, collected into a large body before it shoots toward his pokemon. when it connects, the energy seeps into the steelix’s body. it grows, each steel segment enlargening as the excess becomes shards of pure crystal that revolves around its mouth.

raaaaaawrrrrghhhhhh!

another LIGHT OF RUIN starts to manifest. but the attack is no longer the byproducts of an unknown hatchery. it becomes something more.

something blessed by their world. blessed by the byproduct of a million crossroads. empowered by the ORIGIN POINT that promises to take all of this away.

it becomes the RUINOUS BLOOMS IN MOONLIGHT.

LIGHT OF RUIN: RUINOUS BLOOMS IN MOONLIGHT
a devastating beam of light is unleashed on the battlefield before leaving lingering energy. the user is empowered immensely, but becomes confused.

+10 MP per IC post x2
+10 MP use mega evolution in your thread.
+10 MP use a z-move in your thread.

= 65 MP total

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 5:08:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the mightyena falls from poison eventually. kyle sees panic in his eyes, affected by the feelings of paranoia when all he's seen around him are death.

as soon as the rest of the nihilego back off, kyle turns to the person on the steelix. "outpost three ran out of nihilego antidote! we're here to restock!"

he recalls the mightyena in its ball, wishing that the stasis would slow down the effects of it. on the other hand, he carries a pokemon from another person already affected by it. time has already passed, and the only hope he has if the trick does work.

his legs carry him to where the outpost was, racing against time to see if stocks were still plentiful. this outpost was closer to the entrance after all, so chances were high that they still carry some.

30 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 7:08:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ME DND

CARGO

A GIRTHY ROCK HEAD MITIGATES RECKLESS USAGE OF LIGHT OF RUIN. the entire length of the pokemon’s shaft pulses with life as it discharges a constant stream of searing, white light. the covering fire bathes all that stand in their way, keeping them at bay as kyle makes it inside of the outpost.

there!

his focus is strictly on the battle in front of them. even if he had the knowledge, he has no way to communicating without his comm device. so far, defending the base and warping between ULTRA SEA proved too taxing for him to keep score on the outpost’s inventory.

grroaaah!

the STEELIX is overcome by the copious ultra beasts. for every NIHILEGO they put down, another pops up in its place. like the water itself, they make up the entire basis of ULTRA SEA.

the whole outpost rattles when the STEELIX lands atop one of the subsections. the sound of its MEGA EVOLUTION being dispersed slips between the crumbling rubble.

+10 MP per IC post x3

= 75 MP total

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 7:51:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
if hysteria has any kind of positives, it's that it allows kyle to take the most rushed movements to cut on the time.

he leaves the steelix to hold the line, not sparing a look back, and then shouting for whichever league personnel was left inside. "antidotes! we need as many as i can bring back!"

ultra beasts were creatures they barely know, and even in their natural habitat, every action they take seemed unnatural. it takes them a moment to overrun an outpost, and another moment to bring their businesses elsewhere.

an avatar of ho-oh might be able to help, but he cannot stay in one place, especially when he holds too many responsibilities fitting his title. what he was doing was already a waste of time, but with manpower going down with every passing moment of this war, every pair of hands was needed.

he takes two victims of the poison out.

the palpitoad had already lost its pulse long ago from the looks of it. he takes his hand and tries to force the blessing of ho-oh into it, but no flames come out.

the mightyena comes next, which kyle administers the antidote in a timely manner. its consciousness was still out, but the heaving of its sides comfort him the slightest.

"i'm heading out immediately!" he informs the people of the outpost, as he recalls both pokemon back to their balls. "please fill this bag with them. feel free to take whatever is in. they're surplus from the other outpost."

40 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
200 MP for pokemon death (does not stack with KO).

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 13:09:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ME DND

CARGO

“HNGGH.”

fernando finds himself sprawled across the floor of the outpost’s broken wall. his STEELIX rumbles as it tries to bring itself back upright. when its unable to, he recalls it, allowing the FAINTED pokemon to find refuge in its pokeball.

he’ll need it for later.

immediately outside of the outpost, the NIHILEGO create a barrier that prevents them from leaving. they don’t seem to have any hostilities as far as invading the man-made structure, but their prevalence makes the purpose of this outpost obsolete.

+10 MP per IC post x4
+50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.

= 135 MP total

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 1:12:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
everything has been handled hastily until kyle is met by a roadblock, in almost a literal sense, by the time he exits.

it's only then that he notices fernando. "shit." he takes out a pokeball, releasing a lucario, and then orders it to assist the councilman.

"fern!" he calls, approaching him as his lucario continues channeling its heal pulse. "how's your silvally?"

he goes straight for the important part, subconsciously skipping a few extra niceties to be exchanged in lieu of being efficient. it wasn't entirely out of character, but anxiety from the environment definitely pushed it.

kyle's silvally has already been overworked and retired for the day. fernando's the same type of person to go for efficiency, and it makes him wonder what circumstances led him to bringing out a steelix over a beast killer.

50 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 5:40:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ME DND

CARGO

WARM CLARITY WASHES OVER REOPENED WOUNDS. the sound of his own name perks his attention onto their visiting champion.

irritable,” he replies with a coarse grumble. picking himself up requires some effort but tapping the BEAST KILLER’s ball proves simple enough. with a small cascade of light, the synthetic pokemon appears.

“battle routine set!

despite the raw number of ULTRA BEAST, the SILVALLY remains in place. it growls, obviously aggravated, but reigns in the instinct to act out until the command is given.

+10 MP per IC post x5
+25 MP use a legendary/mythical pokemon in your thread.

= 170 MP total

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 5:54:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, mine's kind of dead." it's a figure of speech, but he decides to clear things up in case fernando takes it seriously. "by dead, i mean drained from all the fighting, and not actually dying."

since the councilman can get up on his own, kyle decides to focus more on the blockade than anything else.

"detect!"

what comes naturally for a beast killer takes a little bit more effort for pokemon who aren't programmed to analyze and exterminate ultra beasts. heightened senses allows the lucario to read the surroundings, acting immediately when part of the nihilego swarm goes for them.

the lucario takes both kyle and fernando away as it spews poison at them, taking them off from the range of fire.

it readies itself afterwards, reading the silvally's emotions and intent with its aura. it might not be able to lead the charge as effectively as it, but it can follow up effectively.

60 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
20 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 19:28:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ME DND

CARGO

“EXECUTE!”

kyle’s play-by-play only spurs his own call to action. it’s a rather long way of mentioning his pokemon is out of commission but frontloading the direness of their situation coaxes fernando in the right direction.

the sudden movements of his LUCARIO are stomach churning but fernando holds steadfast.

his SILVALLY charges forward with its MULTI-ATTACK, blitzing through several NIHILEGO with the grace of a FROAKIE leaping from LOTAD to LOTAD. however, no matter how specialized this pokemon may be, it is merely one against many.

having to tackle each one individually shows how much more effective the AOE of his STEELIX had been comparatively.

+10 MP per IC post x6

= 180 MP total

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 23:57:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
relapse occurs from fatigue and environmental effects to the mind. ineffectiveness of a single pokemon against the swarm shows, and kyle is forced to join the fray with his pokemon.

a hand barely touches his key stone, but it's enough to activate it on will.

"psychic!"

a one-shot from a mega evolve'd pokemon with a super effective move was barely viable, but if it helps maintain space for the silvally to try again and again, it was worth the effort.

the lucario steps up, its steel-typing giving it confidence against the poison-type attacks, and blasts a group of nihilego from the other side with a wide-ranged psychic. stretched too thin, the move wasn't meant to do damage, but to help with crowd control.

70 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
30 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
10 MP use mega evolution in your thread.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:14:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ME DND

CARGO

“WE CAN’T MAINTAIN THIS,” he shouts to kyle. it’s like watching them pop frenzied DURANTS one by one. whatever kill streak they manage, it feels infantile against a hive’s vast army.

but we can’t let them overrun the outpost.

giving up such a strategic point would jeopardize the whole operation. something they can’t risk this far into chasing the SEAL STONE.

+10 MP per IC post x7

= 190 MP total

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
me dnd [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:29:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"do we make a run for it?" he asks. "catch their attention and lure them out?"

there was no time to be meticulous with their plan. they just need to stick to what felt like straightforward and easy to follow, he supposed. still, kyle waits for fernando's input given that he has the best tool for it.

kyle's lucario carves a path through the hordes of ultra beasts with a steel beam, thinning out the crowd on the one part where the silvally hasn't touched. it was a lot of work for a single pokemon after all.

80 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
30 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
10 MP use mega evolution in your thread.