snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
On the Trail of Space and Time
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 3:04:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the concept rolls off her shoulders, falling gracelessly to the tiled floor.

"i wouldn't necessarily say it's scary, truthfully."

her smile is wistful, teary in the corners stretching at her cheeks.

"it's a wonderful thing to be blessed by a god... i suppose the downside is when they leave."

she holds her expression in place with shaking hands, a grip too tight to allow for fractures to spider and spread across glass.

"to taste power like that and then go back to being ordinary is a terrible thing."

she had felt like she was on top of the world once.

the fall had nearly killed her.

"when faced with the extraordinary and that kind of power, most people give into their desire to be grander than they were before. besides, a lot of our current avatars were not asked on whim alone. most earned favor or sought to make this their own destiny."

in the end, however, the means do not matter. the result is the only thing people concern themselves with. avatarship is coveted, placed on a pedestal and left to rot the insides of those foolish enough to desire it for themselves.

she should know... for her body is necrotic beneath layers of skin, hollowed out by a pipedream.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 3:22:23 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Her words do little to put him at ease. They’re both chasing after something. The way she talks about living in the aftermath of that power being stripped reminds him of the days just after Gabe’s death. Grief, raw anguish, bargaining, trying to make sense of your life when the sun at the center of its solar system has gone dim…[break][break]
It’s terrible.[break][break]
I feel like a broken record, I said this to Thomas the other day…maybe you got off lucky? Sounds to me like there’s plenty of bad that can come from that sort of relationship.” He sips on his coffee, enjoying its bitter flavor. It sharpens the mind, gives it focus.[break][break]
Sorry. I don’t know you very well, not my place to say stuff like that.” He offers that weak apology, worried, as men so often do, that he has overstepped. “Guess I just worry a lot about people. I’ve been meeting lots of avatars and former avatars lately.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:32:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]was she lucky?

did it end this way as a blessing? or a curse?

a hum escapes at the thought. and the look in her eyes... it's so faraway, as if she's rewatching the castles crumbling down all around her.

she had been chosen. she had been worthy. how is it lucky to no longer be worth more?

"not necessarily."

a soft sigh heaves its way out of her lungs, her chest rising and falling.

"there was a lot of good that came from my former avatarship. i helped many people with my powers. they are -- er, were -- very healing oriented."

without them, how many would have died in the ultra beast war?

her smile is faint, but it returns nonetheless.

"it's okay, avatars can be a bit of a tricky subject for most."

a lofty dream, a death sentence, a blessing, a punishment.

"besides, it's not a bad thing to worry about others. i'd call that a great trait to have."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 12:49:43 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Mmm.” There’s a little faux pass somewhere in there. Her powers are very healing oriented? The detective quirks his eyebrows, but makes no point to voice his observation just yet. Not until she’s finished saying what she has to say. For his grace, he is awarded with kind words. Well, he’s sure the intention is kind.[break][break]
Well…it’d be great if everyone I know didn’t love to run headfirst into trouble. Lopez calls himself a slacker but the guy’s right in the middle of every major case. It’s enough to make a guy’s hair go white. Er-” A momentary flush of pink on his cheeks as he notices the snow cascading in an avalanche behind Illeana.[break][break]
Well…not that there’s anything wrong with white hair. It sounds like we’ve got our work cut out for us. I don’t know you from Mew, Dr. Reyes, but if these healing powers of yours are that good, I look forward to seeing ‘em in action.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 3:23:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lets out a soft laugh, tinkering in sound. it dies as quickly as it comes.

"duty causes us to constantly be in the thick of it all. it's definitely stressful compared to the lulls of normalcy."

yet, somehow, she prefers the chaos. it's better than clinging to the sense of normal that doesn't exist anymore.

the comment about white hair is waved off with an idle hand and a smile. no harm done in her eyes.

his mention of mew, whether intentional or simply a passing remark, causes her smile to brighten a tad. the pink mythical, while usually around the lab, is not present at this time. perhaps later, when she knows him more than just another colleague, she'll introduce the mythical to him. for now, it's a secret sort of amusement she keeps to herself.

"well, i hope we won't need them during our experiments, but perhaps you will see them soon enough."

for now, their meeting begins to draw into a close and she looks to him expectantly.

"did you have any other questions? if not, i'll let you know when and where to meet me for the first expedition."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 3:31:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Nah, nothin’ for now.” He can see himself out, finishing off the coffee. “Well, Dr. Reyes, it’s been a pleasure. I look forward to fighting abominations from another world alongside you.” With those words, a smile, and a wave, he departs. He wonders when, and if, they’ll really do this.[break][break]
…damn if it doesn’t sound fun.

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights