[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Having walked this route several times over the past few hours, it's safe to say that Eris knows this route pretty well. And while it's usually meant for Rockets just trying to cross from one outpost to another, she knows that it'll probably be empty for another half hour. [break][break]

"Good thing we haven't run into anyone, huh?" She hums, letting her gaze wander around their vibrant surroundings of floating minerals and other spatial distortions. "So how did you end up here? You aren't really the kind to walk into dangerous areas."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || postdormitum: interdream

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
dreaming with two eyes open || postdormitum
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 15:28:40 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Step by step, Hideo followed Eris along. He was confident she knew her way around here better than he did - and he trusted her to not be leading him into some kind of trap. Why would she, after letting herself get hurt just to help get them away from Rocket in the first place?

He was also trying to keep an eye on her (metaphorically speaking), listening for if her condition was getting any worse. He wasn't too familiar with medicine, but a horn in the shoulder was never good. Asking her would've been a futile endeavor obstructed with denial.

Would he know what to do if she did collapse right in front of him from the injury? He didn't know. Maybe Uxie would help him, but the pixie seemed more preoccupied floating around the cave, observing the floating minerals and distortions through closed eyes.

The silence was broken by Eris, Hideo's attention shifting. "With how big this place sounds, I'd be surprised if we run into someone by accident again for a long time," he said, grinning. "'Specially with you guiding us." Though Eris did surprise him with what she knew and who she was working with, he was confident she was an excellent adventurer.

That part about him not walking into dangerous areas got him to snort. "You'd be surprised where I've been…but falling in here wasn't really planned. A portal just popped up on me out of nowhere, and next thing I know, I'm in this cave." One couldn't say Hoenn was a boring region. "Wasn't long 'til I ran into some Rockets…and I think you know how it goes from there."

MP Total: 60

+10 (ic post)
+50 (thread participation)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 2:17:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's a bit of a circular problem. She's been around him long enough to know that her injury still lingers on his mind, and that saying that she's alright will only garner more worry that she's hiding her condition from him. Either way she fights a losing battle, so her only other answer is to not prod the issue, even with a long stick.[break][break]

"Don't wander off just because you felt something, Mes." Her call echoes through the space, just about loud enough for the pink pixie to hear and float on back. Within her twin tails is a strange piece of ore, the crystals dyed a beautiful shade of red that she can't quite seem to tear her gaze from.[break][break]

"Be careful with those." When she does look away, it's with a hint of disdain. "Pa paid the price for messing with things like that."[break][break]

Even so, she notes the way that Mesprit continues to hang onto the stone, scratching the back of her neck as she lets out a sigh.[break][break]

"You've got a pretty mean unlucky streak then." This time, it's directed towards Hideo, her brow raised as she listens to his account. "You're just looking for a way out right? Not messing around and trying to find Azelf or anything? I don't know if you've been told, but this place is just oozing with that pink mist. You know that thing that caused a whole bunch of illusions at the soiree? This time, there's... a lot more danger tied to it, it seems."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 23:59:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo giggled slightly. He already knew Uxie was above them, observing everything, but Mesprit doing the same, playing around with whatever they were finding up there. "I'm sure Uxie'd stop 'em if there was any risk to that," Hideo reassured her. "Even if Uxie can be unpredictable when helping us, I'm sure they'd stop Mesprit if it might actually get hurt."

Or worse. He wouldn't want what happened to to happen to anyone else.

"Not sure if I'd call what I got a bad luck streak," he protested. "This is just one of the few times I didn't get to prepare for what was coming. I'm sure I'd find a way out eventually if I had to."

That was more of a way of assuaging his own fear of being lost in a place he was unfamiliar with. A feeling that was, admittedly, pushing down by the information Eris shared with him afterwards.

"...shit, that Dream Mist stuff is here too?" It was hard to ignore the dread running through his heart. "Every time I run into that stuff, it's been bad. And it's even worse here?"

Maybe having Uxie around would help him recognize what was real and what wasn't. But even those times he knew stuff was fake, didn't stop it from hurting him.

A strange cry could be heard up above. It was a Pokemon's cry, but seemed off slightly. "Was that a Jigglypuff?" Hideo asked. "Think it's someone's Pokemon? This doesn't seem like a place a wild Jigglypuff would want to be in." If it were even a real Jigglypuff - though didn't they have to be in the Mist before it started messing with them?

MP Total: 70

+10 (ic post)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 4:11:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Hideo is right. Or at the very least, she hopes he is. The two Lake Guardians may have their own secrets that they don't tell the kids but they seem to look out for each other, even with their differences in attitudes and personalities.[break][break]

"Well, it's probably gonna end up happening a lot more frequently 'cos the rifts are clearly linked to some upcoming calamity. Do you have an emergency plan for the upcoming Ruination or whatever that might be?"[break][break]

Wait, does he even know what she's talking about? Perhaps, she should start thinking of a good summary for everything she's learnt.[break][break]

If only she didn't have her hands full with trying to figure out what in the world made that cry.[break][break]

"Yeah, uhm... uh."[break][break]

Or rather, she has a gut feeling she knows what it is, but she's honestly praying otherwise. Instincts tell her to get ready for trouble, her hand reaching for Hideo's wrist as she calls Reiner from his ball.[break][break]

"Say, how much do you know about these paradox pokemons?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 23:14:55 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo frowned as Eris asked him if he were ready for what was to come. "Well…I'm not really sure how to prepare for something like that?" He could barely come up with anything when the Meteor was coming down; how could he prepare for a looming catastrophe that could be anything? "Guess I'd make sure my family was safe first."

Whether or not they'd appreciate him showing up, after running away for two years. "What's the Catastrophe supposed to be anyways?"

Before he got an answer, he got a hand on his wrist - and a floating pixie brushing its tails along his hair. With Eris and Uxie close, they must've spotted something coming towards them.

His answer to Eris's question would be short and sweet, perfectly encapsulating all the knowledge he had on the subject, with no room for ambiguity or misinterpretation.

"What's a Paradox Pokemon?"

The answer would quite literally come to him as he heard the distinctive hopping sound of a Jigglypuff approaching. The others would probably notice this Jigglypuff looked off, a tail protruding from its forehead, tiny fangs exposed on its mouth. Even its eye color was off, a stark yellow.

The "Jigglypuff" stopped in front of the group, looking over the two kids. It let out a small "Puriiiii?" as its eyes settled on Uxie and Mesprit.

"That is a Jigglypuff, right?" Hideo asked. "They don't make that noise. 'Least, none that I've heard before."

MP Total: 80

+10 (ic post)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 4:57:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Well, neither does 99% of the Hoennian population, so don't worry too much." She exaggerates her numbers, but the point is sufficiently made. Those who know the 'what' of the calamity, still lack other critical bits of information such as the 'how', the 'when' and the 'why'. Given that the general public hasn't started full on panicking and all, they probably aren't privy to the whole 'Ruination' information or they just think that it's a joke.[break][break]

"It's a pokemon that almost looks like the pokemon from our world, but they're built slightly different. Different constitution, weaknesses. They're made from a person's imagination brought to life by the Interdream zone, or so I've been told." Gently tugging Hideo backwards, Eris pulls a Scatterbang from her backpack and tosses it into the space between them and the strange Jigglypuff.[break][break]

At first contact, the balls let out a deafening crackle and pop. She's been told that it scares wild pokemon away in theory, but Reiner begins to generate sparks of electricity regardless, ready to counter any signs of aggression.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 17:23:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Doom and gloom over an impending disaster Hideo knew next to nothing about and lacked the means to affect (hardly the first one) was quickly buried under the prospect of finding a completely new Pokemon. He was much more interested in hearing Eris explain just what it was - very much like Pokemon in Hoenn, yet different in some ways. "So are they solid like real Pokemon?" Hideo asked, hand reaching into his pocket for a spare Pokeball, "'cause I doubt they'd get a term for them if they were just misty fakes."

Even as Eris gently pulled him away, Hideo was intent on learning more about this Paradox Pokemon, Pokeball in hand. But he realized something was about the happen the moment he felt Uxie's tails cover his ears, just managing to hear the Scatterbang through his impromptu earmuffs.

The Paradox Pokemon's squealing could be heard as well - which made it easy for Hideo to guess where to throw his ball. Hideo chucked it at the "Jigglypuff", hoping to catch it while it was still recovering, only for the tail on its head to smack the ball aside, breaking it against a cave wall.

"Tougher than a normal Jigglypuff," Hideo noted, "and definitely solid!" The "Jigglypuff" glared angrily at Eris, its attention then shifting to the crackling Luxray.

It charged forth, aiming a Body Slam right for Eris's Pokemon.

MP Total: 90

+10 (ic post)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 3:03:59 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]They're solid, able to throw deadly moves at them and very much capable of biting off their heads. If she has to boil these traits all down into an answer, the only word she affords the time for is "Yeah".[break][break]

The Body Slam comes in quick, the abnormally-sized Jigglypuff barreling towards them with every intent to hurt. But a well-timed Protect from Mesprit sees the pokemon slamming into an invisible wall and bouncing away with the remnants of its momentum. As the pixie begins to squeak and shake her fists at the strange Jigglypuff, Reiner follows up with a Rising Voltage, electricity snapping out of the ground and chasing the enemy's every movement.[break][break]

"If you're planning on catching it, I just want you to know that it's considered an anomaly. It's one of those things that shouldn't really exist and maybe, very possibly contributes to the whole Hoenn is whack and should be destroyed argument."[break][break]

It's not disdain for his actions. At the very least, she thinks that it isn't. While she can argue that she might understand why people would pursue something labelled to contribute to the destruction of their region, she still feels as though they could be a little more hesitant when it comes to doing such things. Is it just her? Who knows?[break][break]

"Anyways, a little hand here?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 0:30:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo's fascination with encountering a new, never-before-seen Pokemon overwrote any thought about the threat it could pose, not only for their immediate safety, but for their dimension as a whole. Eris had to spell it out for him to acknowledge that this Pokemon was dangerous - though it only magnified his desire to catch it.

His response was quick: "But I could train it to not want to cause trouble!"

Lesson promptly missed, he soon realized (once more by Eris's prompting) that a battle had broken out. He'd expected Uxie to step in without him needing to order anything, like many of his other Pokemon.

Unfortunately, Uxie was more focused on observing, floating near Hideo. It merely watched as the "Jigglypuff" slammed right into the Protect, followed by it being shocked by the Rising Voltage rising from the ground. The "Jigglypuff" did let out a noise as it was shocked, but it didn't appear too hurt by the attack.

With an annoyed sigh, Hideo took out a Pokeball, letting out his Aggron. He knew Jigglypuffs were fairy-type, so a steel-type would be a straightforward counter. The Aggron looked down on the larger-than-normal fairy, curious but unimpressed.

It was immediately chosen as the "Jigglypuff"'s next target, charing right at the Aggron and Crunching down on its arm. The Aggron grunted, trying to shake it off.

"...Jigglypuffs don't normally Crunch, do they?"

MP Total: 100

+10 (ic post)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 4:31:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"If you say so..." Her words may drag a little but she ultimately holds her tongue. If he's got his mind set on it despite the warnings, who is she to stop him? All she can do is try to support him in his goals and help ensure he doesn't get too hurt doing so.[break][break]

When Hideo pops his next question, she's already signalling to Reiner, watching him do his best to slam into the strange Jigglypuff with a Wild Charge. With any luck they might just dislodge it, but if these things have sturdier bites than they look to have...[break][break]

"I did warn you they were built different." She raises a brow, readily reaching for her next pokeball. "They're as vicious as a person could possibly imagine them. So I would say it's safer to assume that it can do a whole bunch of weird things that a normal Jigglypuff can't."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 23:11:40 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Barring solid proof that bringing this Pokemon into Hoenn proper was going to actively contribute to their dimension's destruction, there was nothing that could dissuade Hideo from wanting to catch this "Jigglypuff". It was just too unique, too strange to want to pass up.

As the "Jigglypuff" was struck, it grunted, though it still held its bite on the Aggron. The Aggron wasn't too pleased with this, having given up on shaking it off.

"I mean, it could be like a regional form," Hideo said, "Kinda like how different a Weezing is from a Galarian Weezing. Or an Exeggutor from an Alolan Exeggutor. Makes sense it could do different-"

He was interrupted by the distinct noise of a 360 kilogram metallic Pokemon Body Pressing against the stone ground. He could even feel the impact from where he stood.

"-stuff…" He trailed off, realizing there was very likely a pink pancake between his Aggron and the ground now. "You better not have just killed it, Aaron."

With a roll of its eyes, the Aggron stood up, a very-flattened "Jigglypuff" beneath him. The pink pancake waddled a couple meters away, taking in a deep breath as it returned to its normal shape and size. "A lot tougher than a normal Jigglypuff too," Hideo noted.

With the new opportunity presenting itself, Hideo took out another Pokeball, tossing it at the "Jigglypuff" once again. Still dazed from its squishening, the Pokeball hit it, drawing it inside. The ball shook a few times, before that pleasant *click* indicated it was caught.

OOC note: This is just to justify Hideo acquiring Scream Tail ICly, to be purchased later

MP Total: 110

+10 (ic post)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 5:44:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You know, Hideo. I'm not saying that your reasoning doesn't hold weight, but consider this... A regional form in a dimensional rift better known as Ultra Space. That only appears when people get trapped in Interdream mist."[break][break]

It's not gonna change the fact that he's catching it regardless, but it doesn't hurt to try and put the whole paradox pokemon thing into perspective.[break][break]

As Reiner growls at his failed attempt, she's there to call him back to her side, offering him a comforting pat on the back for his efforts. And with the strange Jigglypuff somehow flattened and captured, her attention flicks to another problem lying underneath it all - Where had this pokemon appeared from? Where was that supposed edge of the Interdream zone that could create and dissipate an existence? Will there be something else ready to leap at them?[break][break]

A thunderous roar echoes through the swirling mist and she feels her heart sinking. Glancing at Reiner, his confusion and wariness is more than enough for her to determine that he knows about as much as she does.[break][break]

"Mes, if you have some idea of where that's coming from??" She calls briskly, watching as the Lake Guardian floats higher on up and stares off into the blurry distance. "I think we should probably get out of h-"[break][break]

The ground beneath her suddenly splits wide open, a hungry rift ready to grow and swallow her whole. Had it not been for Reiner sharply tugging her away, she might just have fallen right in. And then what? Would she disappear without a trace? Her eyes are wide as she stares down into that gaping abyss, her crimson gaze meeting a chilling golden glint from deep down.[break][break]

In an instant, Mesprit stands before her, hurried chirps bubbling from her tiny figure as she throws the strange rock she's found right into the gaping jaws of the rift. It falls for a second, contested by the growing gold rushing up from below. Another second passes and Mesprit seems to be readying herself for something. But before that brilliant glint makes itself known, the rock clatters against the side of the rift, red crystals exploding forth and greedily clawing at every corner of widening abyss.[break][break]

"Holy f-"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 22:52:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Every detail Eris gave Hideo, every attempt to get him to understand the danger of this Pokemon, only translated in his brain as "rare, may never appear again, powerful". And unfortunately, Hideo was thinking with his Pokeballs in this situation.

He nodded with each of her words, walking over and picking up the now-occupied ball. This new catch was able to block out any of the distress he was having about their current situation, almost forgetting they were still in the middle of one of the Wilds.

But the first sign something was off was when he heard his Aggron approaching him. He hadn't noticed how Uxie's attention turned to the ground, or how Uxie warned Aggron to go to Hideo.

Before he could ask anything, a loud roar erupted through the cave as a fissure appeared. Hideo and his Aggron were far enough to avoid getting caught in it, and Uxie carefully floated along the growing edge, watching.

Hideo's ringing ears could just barely make out the sound of something cracking in that fissure, though he didn't know the cause. "What's going on?!" he asked, the question directed towards anyone (or anything) that could give him an answer. "You ok, Eris?!"

MP Total: 120

+10 (ic post)
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 21:32:56 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Her knees buckle underneath her, causing her to fall rather unceremoniously as she slumps against Reiner's torso. Whatever that thing was, it had been sealed off with the rift for now.[break][break]

"Y- yeah, I'm fine." Her words are cast on a shaky breath.[break][break]

How long would such a thing hold?[break][break]

Mesprit flutters to her side, her trills sparking tinges of various emotions in her chest - Some are of relief, others seem to be a mix of distress and yearning. Overall, it leaves her heart sinking as she staggers back to her feet.[break][break]

"The ground just split open and I nearly fell in. Mesprit sealed it off though, with whatever... weird rock she found." Oh, how proud the pixie seems at this. "I think the Interdream zone is warping the environment. Or maybe it's just Ultra Space being what it is."[break][break]

Details must be chosen carefully in the presence of someone who can't see what she does. The last thing she wants is for Hideo to panic even more or greed for the pursuit of a new strange creature.[break][break]

"We should probably leave before it happens again. And if I'm right... we should be out of Rocket territory soon." She looks back to him, resisting the urge to offer him a hand that she knows he can't take. "Once I get you to that point, I'm gonna have to head back. But I trust that your pokemon will help you find a way out."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT