Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Round Robin
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 12:16:31 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

The malaise pressing down your shoulders breaks, like a tide returning out to sea.

You can't help it. You can't help but hunch over and grasp your stomach. Fight the urge, cover your mouth as you struggle against what rushes up your throat. You can feel it in your guts, pushing up, over and over.

You really can't help it at all, but it comes all that same.

"KYA-HA-HA-HAAH!! That's so disgusting! That's so sick! What a fucking joke!!"

You drop to your knees, pressing your forehead into the dirt as you double over, letting it all out.

A protracted laughing fit, as you try to process his amazing comedic genius.

You let it spill everywhere. Bleed yourself, letting all the venom run from your veins. All the poison in your system is regurgitated all over the cave floor. You laugh until it hurts, and then you laugh some more, savoring this moment, savoring the pain.

This is the first moment you've laughed this hard in years, laughing til it disappears completely. Laughing until you can catch your breath again.

It takes minutes.

Only then, laying on your back splayed out, do you look back up at him, huge grin with tears streaking your vision. It's hard to manage, but somehow, you speak again, panting for breath.

"You're... SORRY?!? You think a Rocket gives a shit about the things they've done? You can't even do something wrong without apologizing to me for seeing it, and you think you're worse than them!? You're pushing forty or something and you're still a chuunibyou! That's so funny, that's so so so funny! Man... man..."

You've seen the worst this world has to offer.

Corruption that runs from the lowest criminal to the highest rungs of society, trafficked drugs, pokemon, people, and the way they coerce you to stay quiet by inflicting violence and torture on anyone who dissents. It's starve or worse if you have any arguments at all. You've seen them murder people right in front of you for the sake of illustrating a point. You've lost your dearest, closest friend to that madness.

And you've had to pretend through it all that you were fine with everything. Because you saw what they did to their own who showed any weakness, you managed to hold it all back. You've seen what it's like in the city under the city, that underground crawling with the worst filth you can imagine, the ugliest parts of Kanto.

This just doesn't hit quite the same.

This man imagines himself worse than them, and maybe that's true in some sense. Those wild pokemon didn't need to die. But through it all, everything you've ever seen, you've never seen a single one of them stop and sheepishly apologize after the fact.

That alone, that moment of weakness and vulnerability, is more human than the most cowardly Rockets.

He's no monster at all, he's just a broken man who's searching for control. This is the only way to get it, to kill those who are powerless. He probably gets off on the thrill.

You understand now. Utterly and completely, through and through, this man is nothing like you.

Nothing worth hating. Certainly not harmless, but not a threat.

"You know there's people who will never get better, no matter what you do, right? What'll you do when you meet them? Will you kill them too?"

You pick yourself up off the floor. Wipe away the dirt and the grime.

You've gotta ask.
After all, he killed those wild pokemon for no reason at all.

So what happens when there's something on the line, something worth fighting for?

That's when you show your true colors.

Til then, no matter what he does, no matter who he kills, it all doesn't matter. If it's not for any reason at all, it's all just painted on, something that runs when it rains.

CARGO
+80 MR

[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Round Robin
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 12:36:31 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
You felt the embarrassment flowing through you; a moment of vulnerability, and this child was laughing at you. It was a deep laugh, it was the kind of laugh you knew you couldn’t replicate, not with those beady, dead eyes of yours; not with that throat of yours that had lost the sensation of how to laugh in truth. It was a laugh that came from one who had forgotten how to laugh, and remembered it again.
[break][break]
It was a laugh you wanted to utterly squish, choke out, until such a throat could never recreate such a sound again.
[break][break]
Instead, you sputtered out your words, struggling to get them out before you finally pushed them out with force. ”I-I’m only 25…” You managed to struggle out, as if that was the biggest problem you had with all of it, both a shield, and a moment for you to gather your own thoughts.
[break][break]
It was a strange thing, to be cheered up and torn down by someone who should have had substantially less life experience than yourself…Or not, no, someone like that, you knew more than anyone else.
[break][break]
So you took your sunglasses off to look at this girl, this young woman properly for perhaps the first time, at her words, and so you could answer her question honestly. You knew the answer, and yet you didn’t want to answer it. You wanted to believe that you could talk your way past any situation, to push people to a better path, to help people out.
[break][break]
”I’d kill them.” You answered without hesitating. ”I won’t let other me’s be born. Either they improve, or they die.” It was an honest answer, it wasn’t idealism, it wasn’t the thoughts that others had held to you. You wished you hadn’t spoken them the moment after you had opened your mouth.
[break][break]
But words just like time were things which could not be reclaimed once they were out in the open, lost.
[break][break]
”But I hope I never have to kill anyone again. I hope I don’t run into those which cannot be changed, and I hope…That I won’t get laughed at by a brat for being…What do you call it, Chuunibyou?”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

+Cargo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Round Robin
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 23:23:22 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

You can't help but giggle at that response.

"So casual, huuh?"

You look at him as if for the first time.

Acknowledging him not just as an edgy yankii, some chuunibyou. Instead, you acknowledge him for the first time, as a sad excuse for a human being. All of that self-hatred pouring from his heart turns his blood black, cold like ice, and yet, he's still human at the end of the day.

You click your tongue, and then, after a beat...

"You'd kill 'em just to stop them from becoming a killer like you, would you? And where's that leave you? The real target of all that anger. If people like you don't deserve to live, how come you give yourself a pass?"

You're smirking. You can't help the thought, and it shows on your face.

But this contradiction, it's worth pulling at this loose thread. Worth unraveling everything. Stick to your convictions, hold yourself together. You're not this kind of girl anymore, but all the same...

You prod him, just a bit more.

"If people like you are a problem, there's always the easy way out. Y'know...?"

You raise your finger to your temple. Mime pulling the trigger.

"... Boom."

That smirk's a full-blown grin now.

CARGO
+90 MR

[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Round Robin
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 1:53:00 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
You looked at it; there was that weight in your pocket that you took out; and placed to your head. The feeling of cool steel, it was an almost comforting feeling that you had considered many a time; in the depth of night, when your thoughts burned at you the most, when you couldn’t get that rock-like feeling from your stomach, when you couldn’t bare to get out of bed.
[break][break]
Then you started that life, a life sought and lived for the simple and unpleasant sake of fighting against the world itself. You hated it, you hated them, you hated everyone. That hate had given you a new target to aim those feelings at, you tore at the world.
[break][break]
You put your finger on the trigger.
[break][break]
The words that flowed from your mouth were natural, smooth, comfortable, it was with the ease of a man who had been in this position many times before. ”Because I already killed myself.” It was a strange statement, but it was true. There was no free pass, but you also knew that wasn’t the whole truth.
[break][break]
The thing you’d killed was your own heart, and the person who held it. That was where it came from, and in a sense, there wasn’t a night that you hadn’t wished it were you standing in that place instead. The price paid to leave that life was the very thing that you wished to leave it for.
[break][break]
The cruel irony of that was not lost on you, not for a second.
[break][break]
”I paid my dues, my current path is simply the interest that piled up.” That was your answer, whether it was right or wrong, whether it was the moral thing, the just thing to do.
[break][break]
You couldn’t say, but you had never cared for such things either way. You merely lived the life that you wished to live. And so you returned the smirk; no, the grin, it was a lopsided thing, not one from the heart, it didn’t reach your eyes, didn’t even come close.
[break][break]
”So, that’s my pass. It’s the right of the one holding the gun.” You said as you flipped it in your hold and then balanced it on your finger; no longer threatening your own present existence with cold steel.
[break][break]
”And the responsibility to the part of me I killed, and the person who held it.” It was something only you could understand, words that you yourself knew were melodramatic.
[break][break]
But it was your truth.

NOTES

+Cargo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Round Robin
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 2:49:54 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

You don't flinch as he pulls out a gun.

Your smile doesn't falter in the slightest.

You're used to people like this, their sense of danger completely muted by the lives they lead. They live on the edge of society, on the edge of normalcy. The Rockets love them. They make the best recruits, because they're afraid of nothing, and they'll do anything. All those people you've met just like this, they made a showing of doing stuff like this all the time.

You're just taken with the fact that he doesn't even care about trigger discipline.

"Someone who's already died, huh? Where have I heard that before?"

You giggle to yourself, reminiscing on the person you used to be.

You've used that phrasing so many times it's lost its luster.

Navy never liked you saying that about yourself. He was the sort of person to emphasize new chances, not dwell on the past. To him, it was a life you managed to get out of. But all the same, you preferred painting that history in the colorful imagery of self-mutilation. It was the only way to properly convey the trauma of it all.

Your heart's a black void, a hollow hole in your chest. It still hasn't not recovered from the things you needed to do in order to survive, and perhaps it never would. Though you've turned over that new leaf, you'll never forget those years in that city painted black.

The scars it left made that impossible.

"... Kill yourself, so that the new you can be born. The only lesson I've ever taken to heart."

You continue smiling, even as you say something so embarrassing.

Perhaps it's just the fact that you resonate with that thought. Much as you hate everything about this man, this admitted killer, that thought isn't something you hate about him. You've come to an understanding that you can respect, in some small way.

"The one who holds the gun calls the shots. I get it. But don't be stupid, you don't owe anything to a dead man. What'd he ever do for you, huh?"

It's not like you know him. You never met this dead man. But all the same, it's insulting to think you owe the wicked anything in death. Only the precious and the virtuous deserve that honor.

CARGO
+100 MR

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Round Robin
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 2:25:57 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”He birthed the present me.” The words naturally flowed from your mouth; you knew what you wished for in the future, but at the same time, that wish was not something you could truly chase. Not until those sins were paid for, not until the moment you became the person who had saved you.
[break][break]
Yet the fact that this brat understood, you knew that it was a kinship of sorts, even if it might have been of the worst kind. You didn’t need to know either, and so the question never once left your mouth, you looked at her for a moment; a raised eyebrow before you shook your head. Your eyes went to your feet for a moment, and then you clasped the gun even tighter, before you threw it on over.
[break][break]
There were no words said, nothing needed to be said, and so you gave the right of holding a gun to another. Not to see what she would do, but rather to see just what kind of person you would be under that barrel.
[break][break]
It was not a test, you were certain of the result, and yet at the same time; you wanted it to be different; if the urge, that black ichor, if you were to be shot; would that pour out of you? Would being shot cause it to flow through someone else?
[break][break]
”I’m selfish like that.”
[break][break]
The thoughts and words you did not want to word, yet, like the dam that had cracked, words flowed naturally like water.

NOTES

+Cargo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
Round Robin
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:25:41 GMT
[attr="class","sambam"]

He tosses you the revolver.

It's a moment that passes like a flash of lightning, all of his complex feelings that scarcely show on his face. And in that moment, you realize that he's too far gone. He's stuck in the past, and all that's left in the present is a lingering ghost. All that regret, all that guilt, acting out of habit yet feeling sorry all the same because he refuses to let go what he can't change.

You eye the gun, feel its weight. It's heavy, the weight of taking destiny into your hands. You absently spin the cylinder. You're calling the shots now, like a god, able to take life with the pull of a trigger.

"You're stuck. Bad habits run deep, and you're a slave to 'em, aren't you? But you're chasing ghosts, won't even take a chance on the future cause you're dwellin' on what you can't change. Haven't even figured out what you can still affect, have you?"

You speak, but your eyes are focused on the gun in your hand. As if you're speaking to it, rather than the man in front of you.

You raise the gun straight at him.

"I owe nothin' to nobody."

And then you quickly raise it to your chin. There's no hesitation as you pull the trigger.

A click, and a long, painful nothingness. The hollow hole in your chest where a heart should be does not stir in the slightest. You wait for something that won't come. As if you were ready to see her at last, you just give a small huff of disappointment and lower the gun to your side.

"Nobody but fate."

A resigned whisper.

You let the gun clatter to the ground beside you. Done with it now. You have no use for something that won't give you the only thing you ever really wanted. There's a reason in it, you wager. You'd bet your life on it. Already have, in fact. But that's neither here nor there. The guy's still standing there.

This is awkward.

"... Meaningless... All your ideals, they're meaningless...

"Whatever you say means nothing, absolutely nothing, if you'll make an exception for yourself. Killers who spare themselves, they're the worst sort of cowards. They won't even put their own lives on the line, but feel fit to play with the lives of others. It's so... inconsistent. Maybe cause they know, the part of themselves that deserves to die still remains..."

The venom in your voice is palpable, burns your own tongue as you speak it.

Without even waiting for a response you begin walking again, alone into the dark of the cave. He can follow, or stay there to grapple with his own demons. You couldn't care less either way.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Round Robin
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:45:48 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
You stood there for a moment as the click went, the expected spurt of blood did not come, and neither did the pain of being shot. Neither result happened, and yet you were flattened by the idea; to end oneself with no hesitation, there was a willpower there that surpassed your own…Even using the same word was pointless, yours was a mere hope, and yet the girl who you were staring at, she had an absolute certainty.
[break][break]
There should have been no difference.
[break][break]
Yet, you wanted to shout, let the growl roll into your voice, to reject her actions, her words, her everything.
[break][break]
”I..I…I…” Yet, even your stuttering was just a confirmation of her words, of her statements, of that certainty that was being proven true by every word. You looked at her, and yet at the same time, you couldn’t…Because even the words that tried to come to your tongue was just a matter of selfishness.
[break][break]
Selfish, worthless, pointless, an unrepetant killer.
[break][break]
What did the old you die for? What did she die for? What did you do anything for?
[break][break]
”I…Don’t…” You looked at your revolver, you could prove it here and now, you jumped onto it, gripped it in your hand, and pointed it your throat, you could do it now, prove her wrong in a singular moment.
[break][break]
”I can do it…” Yet, you couldn’t place weight on the trigger, how do you force yourself beyond that wall?
[break][break]
”You’re wrong…”
[break][break]
You were wrong.
[break][break]
The clattering gun was the final gavel.

NOTES

+Cargo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Round Robin
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 5:31:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: