July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 21:54:13 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia made an indignant, stammering noise. "I'm not a child! I'm a certified Ranger!" If there was one thing that Julia hated, it was being taken lightly. Sure, most people did it because of her prosthetic leg, but being called a stupid child throwing a tantrum stung just as badly. That didn't mean she was going to "assault" this woman, though. She was better than that, and she'd prove it.

[break][break]"Chester, Jump Kick the Electivire!"

[break][break]His left head glanced back as if to say, "You sure?" but the other two focused on bending their shared body's legs to leap right over Shizue and aim a downward kick at her Electivire. The bad type matchup probably didn't do Julia any favors in not looking stupid, but it was about integrity, gosh darn it!

[break][break]"Snaily, cover me!" she added, knowing that the Swalot could use Poison Gas at any moment.

[break][break]With an eager sound somewhere between a roar and a squeal, Snaily stood between Julia and the Swalot, ready to Protect her trainer at a moment's notice.

[attr="class","juliatag"],

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 22:50:37 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
The three-headed one apparently had to discuss these orders with itself first, at least for a bit. That was good, since it gave Electrivire time to put down the cargo, as it was evidently going to be attacked. Having been carrying a cumbersome crate, it could not easily get out of the way in time. But at least it could prepare itself, bracing for impact. That was a somewhat unusual move for a Pokemon like that to have and it definitely did hurt when it connected. The damage was certainly done.

But then the Static went into effect, paralyzing the bird and leaving it wide open to receiving a thunderbolt in return. That was a simple response. Shizue watched, somewhat dispassionately in that regard. Though she was slightly agitated overall. “I guess the certification requirements must be rather lax then. But it is just like a Ranger to believe that attacking Pokemon unprovoked is perfectly fine. Self-righteousness comes hand in hand with juvenile behaviour, I guess.” She shook her head. Meanwhile, Swalot obeyed as taught and released the poisonous gas. But it was trained well enough to do so in a rather targeted manner, not flooding the whole cave with it.
Because at least one of them was semi concerned with the likes of collateral damage. “And just for the record: this is very much throwing a tantrum. Just one using potentially deadly weapons.”

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 23:22:03 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Chester's three heads squawked in tandem when the paralysis coursed through him, leaving him unable to dodge the Thunderbolt sent his way. He tried to raise himself up on wobbly legs, only to fall to the floor, fainted in one shot. Oh, that was bad. Julia had been counting on his being able to take a hit and then retaliating with Stomping Tantrum. Julia quickly recalled him back to his Poké Ball.

[break][break]"This isn't unprovoked!" Julia's voice was rising in pitch with her frustration and anger. "I'm trying to stop you from getting other people hurt!"

[break][break]Maybe this was a bit much. She could have just had her Pokémon block the exit and waited to see who'd be stubborn enough to give in first. But there was no taking back what she'd started, and there was no sense in dwelling on what-ifs. She'd just have to keep pushing forward.

[break][break]Snaily, too, obeyed her trainer by turning her back to the Swalot so her metallic shell was facing it, then focusing to harden that shell in a Protect. The gas dissipated harmlessly against the steel.

[break][break]"Good girl." Snaily squeaked at the praise. "Now give it a good Dragon Pulse!"

[break][break]Snaily faced the Swalot again, opened her mouth wide, and let out a high, gooey roar, causing a purple shockwave to shoot from her mouth toward the Swalot.

[attr="class","julianotes"]

notes.

+50 MP for Chester fainting

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 9:11:55 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
One down, one around. Granted, Electrivire was not doing that well, either. But it was still standing. Still capable of picking the box of bats back up. That was all that mattered. He could nurse his injuries later on. For now they still had a dangerous idiot to contend with. Dangerous mostly because she was armed with Pokemon, of course. Saddening, yes, but all but to be expected, really.

“Of course. A ranger can always simply believe that what someone does will get others hurt. It must be awfully convenient to live in a world where your feelings and beliefs justify anything. Where you can just take anything as a provocation and hurt them and their Pokemon for it.” Not that she cared too much about her Pokemon being hurt. That was kind of what the fighting ones were for. But she knew that people like the girl actually cared. So naturally she brought it up just because.

With only the Hisuan Goodra left, Shizue thus let her Swalot take the hit, then recalled it. The big one could take a beating or two. But the match-up was not very good. Instead, she brought out her own, modern Goodra. Which seemed a lot less goofy, instead having a grin on its face when it realized that there would be a fight. “Dragon Breath,” Shizue ordered. The girl would either be prudent enough to have her Pokemon protect her from the fallout from that attack, or she would get hit by the purple breath too. Maybe she would learn from the latter, if it happened.

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 17:03:53 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"I'm doing the right thing!" Julia near-shouted. She was a good person, dang it! She didn't "assault" people for no reason; she was just trying to stop anyone from getting poisoned! She felt bad that Chester had fainted, but if this woman would just leave the Zubat alone...!

[break][break]A modern Goodra was sent out against Snaily and ordered to use Dragon Breath. "Protect!" Julia quickly ordered. Snaily turned back around to block the attack with her steely shell, protecting both her and her trainer from its effects. Julia tried to back away so she wouldn't get caught up in any future attacks, but a distressed Snaily squeaked and toddled closer.

[break][break]"Snaily, no! It's okay, I'm not leaving!"

[break][break]The Hisuian Goodra's Protect lowered, leaving her back open to attack.

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 18:08:18 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
“You do what you think to be the right thing. There is a difference,” she responded, coldly, as she watched those two struggling. If she brought both of her Pokemon to bear on the others, even protect would not be able to truly save them anymore. It was kind of pathetic, really. But she did not press that particular issue, even though she could have had.

Instead, she sighed, remembering her lessons. “Your….perception is coloured by what you think. If I was simply picking Daffodils here, you would not attack me. Even though poison can be extracted from those as well. Most any substance has the potential to be weaponized or used to help others. Water is the prime example. The same cup of water can be used to save a man in the desert, to torture another man just a city over. Material is material. If you think you are doing the right thing by stopping me and do not apply the same kind of standards to the one picking Daffodils, then your morals are not worth anything.”

Shizue decided to start to walk away, specifically making Electrivire take the lead so any attack on it would have to go through her. “Your Pokemon is clearly unwell fighting like this. Maybe it is smarter than you. Simply stand down and pretend you never saw me, girl.”

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 18:21:05 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett hadn’t expected there to be sounds of battle coming from the direction he had asked Julia to check out, the cave in, the fallen pokemon, he was aware of just what could have come from something like that.
[break][break]
But even so, his ears caught the words, his eyes caught the battling, and his nose could smell the stench of death, but he announced his presence in a way of comfort; sending out his Honedge to the forefront.
[break][break]
”I’d stop someone picking daffodils, but I might let someone make poison. Acting like morals are written in stone is what someone who hasn’t struggled with theirs would say.” He said without hesitating in the slightest, coming to back her up immediately, his pokemon went straight out with a Sacred Sword without even taking a moment to think.
[break][break]
”Everything okay, Julia?”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

+Clash

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 18:36:31 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia's attempt to soothe Snaily was interrupted by a question: "Daffodils can make poison?" That was only part of the point, though. Even life-giving water could be used to hurt somebody in the wrong hands. Meanwhile, the poison glands of a Zubat could also be used to make an antidote. How was Julia supposed to tell who was collecting these things for the wrong reasons? Snaily, noticing Julia's confusion, squeaked questioningly. Julia didn't know how to answer it.

[break][break]Shizue made to leave, making sure to stand between Julia and the Electivire. "Wait, hold on!" Julia tried to call after them.

[break][break]A Honedge appeared at the forefront of the waning battlefield, and a familiar voice spoke up behind Julia.

[break][break]"Jett?" she asked, turning around. "I'm fine, but what are you doing here? And, wait, what'd you just say?" Surely she'd heard that backwards, right?

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 19:03:27 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
Another person appeared. It had to be another ranger. Simply because they immediately attacked her, personally, with an attack that would probably kill a normal human. Goodra managed to get in-between and use a protect of its own. But it was still bad to now be at an numerical disadvantage. Even if that girl seemed so utterly confused at this point that she probably was not going to do much fighting anymore.

“I do not think this girl has even given them much talk,” she replied, her and Electrivire continuing to walk off while these two rangers caught up with one another. “Morals can be flexible. As long as one is honest to themselves. Even if it is for the betterment of mankind, I know when I do evil. And when I do good, I know I am not a saint. Morality requires rationality, certainty and knowledge. Those who lack these parts simply ought not to speak of it.” That man probably knew what he was talking about a bit better. But that likely only made him more dangerous.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 20:02:54 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett didn’t answer Julia’s question immediately as his eyes were fixed onto the woman, she was dangerous; because she talked, and she talked well. The type of person who made you question your own ideals, it was the kind of weapon far more dangerous than any gun. Without a single drop of blood, it could kill a person.
[break][break]
”Depends on who ya ask. I ain’t rational, I ain’t smart, but I’ve lived life, I’ve done good things, and I’ve done terrible things, but after experiencing everything, I’ve chosen the things I have, and stand up for the things I do. It’s not the kinda thing anyone can teach you, nor a thing you can learn from any books, any laws, or anyone can enforce on you.” He was mouthy, preachy, and he didn’t stop when he got started.
[break][break]
”I’d let someone make poison if it would end a conflict with my loved one’s in faster, but I’d stop someone from picking daffodils if they were handgrown, carefully reared, and someone spent a lot of time on them. I’d stop someone from making poison if it would be used against those I care about, and I’d let someone pick daffodils if they were out in the open.” He said with a look towards Julia as he finally answered her question before turning towards that dangerous woman again.
[break][break]
”Morals ain’t things you need to think about much, it’s something you experience through life, I’m sure you’ll have slightly different morals year, and then slightly more the year after.” It was him preaching, but he looked at the Goodra and his Honedge, was it a battle worth fighting?
[break][break]
He wasn’t sure yet.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

+Clash

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 20:21:00 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Only then did Julia realize where the Honedge's attack was aimed. "Wait!" she shouted. Luckily, Shizue's Goodra was able to protect its trainer before things could get ugly.

[break][break]She was relieved that the woman wasn't hurt, but that didn't stop her from getting angry at her next words. "Hey, I have great morals, and I'm always honest with myself!" That second point probably wasn't totally true, but it was hard to tell if you were lying to yourself when you did everything else so earnestly.

[break][break]Jett's take on morality was a lot more nuanced than Julia's, but not in a way that confused and frustrated her like this woman did. "Yeah!" she agreed. "Well, mostly. The point is, all you're doing is confusing the issue and trying to make me look bad! I'm not a scientist, but I know right from wrong, and that's enough for me. It doesn't take a genius to know that giving Team Rocket poison is bad news, even if you don't work for them."

[break][break]Snaily stayed near Julia, keeping an eye on the battle to make sure none of it came their way. If it did, she'd readily jump in to protect her precious trainer.

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
Long Haul
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 21:52:03 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
“Even you know that is not true,” she replied to the girl. Her confusion and hesitation were all the proof Shizue needed in that regard. This one was probably telling herself many things, a lot of them lies. That was just human nature, too. “Your friend here is considering context, albeit only one step removed from the sounds of it. That has value in some regards. My mother always said that the most important step is always ‘the next one’, so the next one to make. I am different. I believe in reason and science. There is no objective good, bad, right or wrong. There are only outcomes.”

She sighed, deciding to believe that the young one could not follow this much at all anymore. But the older man had stopped attacking her for no reason. Well, no reason other than probably thinking that it was not the best thing to do. For that, she would hold back as well. If words could solve this, so be it. That was more expedient. When it worked. “Backwards induction. Look at the final outcomes, identify the ideal one, then the choice that leads to it. Then the optimal choice that leads there. Then the optimal choice that leads you to said optimal choice. As long as the final outcome is pareto optimal, any choice made towards that end is the correct one.”

Shizue raised her arm. Not to give an order or summon another Pokemon. It was simply for her own visualization. That was the spot where she had been hit with the substance that was the opposite of life. “I have seen the threats that mankind stands against. If man insists on fighting one another instead of focusing on the real issues, then, as you say, stranger, ending the struggle is paramount. As your young friend has proven, a peaceful solution is out of the question when one fights the other just for existing. This whole war out there is meaningless.” She sighed, once more. Of course, she still planned to support Rocket. She just knew better than to speak the real truth out loud.

The easiest way for a war to end was for one side to win. Preferably the side that would stand a better chance against the next enemy.

Briefly, she held her head, not in pain, but in annoyance. “I…should not be pontificating. This place is not good for me. Is this paranoia inducing melancholy? Either way it is not good. And you girl, you should go to aid the injured as you planned. You are wasting time talking that they might not have.” She shrugged. “Their lives are meaningless to me, but they clearly matter to you. Make the choice that you can live with here, not what some genius would call right or wrong.”