Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 17:18:31 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It begins not with the buzzing of bees, but with the clanking of keys. Navy’s coming back to the office with some basic, rudimentary groceries. Stuff to tide him over. Coffee grounds for his pot. Cola for when the mood takes him. Nothing extraordinary or truly nourishing. There’s some ice cream, too. What good detective would be caught dead without some ice cream in his fridge?[break][break]
The heck does being a detective have to do with eating ice cream, Navy? He can almost hear his brother ask in the distant days of yesteryear.[break][break]
Something is wrong. It’s nothing most people would notice. They’re a pro, whoever they are. It’s the way his welcome mat is moved that tips him off, coupled with how his doorknob is turned to the right. It’s a little quirk of his door. Unless manually put back into the correct position, the knob hangs wrong. Navy’s never gotten it fixed, and today that decision pays off.[break][break]
He has a pokeball in his hand. Hattori is small enough to fight in his office. Whoever’s in there must be looking for a fight. Barging into the door, he swaggers in full of piss and vinegar.[break][break]
Alright, I dunno who the hell you are, but you’re g-”[break][break]
He realizes who’s there.[break][break]
Eris? ? What in the world are you doing here?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 2:51:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When Navy first enters, the office is abnormally dark, save for the burning light radiating from a desk lamp. Skitty-patterned towels are draped across the windows, kept in place by a silvery goop plastered across the wall.[break][break]

The clicking of the door is her signal to kick off, the chair swivelling around at a rather comically slow pace. Her fingertips are pressed together, her thumbs propping the shape of her hands into a rather beautiful triangle.[break][break]

"So you've finally arrived, Mister Navidson. I have a rather interesting proposal for you to consider..." With how far back she leans into the seat, she almost seems to disappear under the height of his desk. But her eyes are still very much visible, a right dark crimson and left fading pink iris contrasted by the glow of the lone desk lamp.[break][break]

"You bring me out on a case you plan to solve today, you get to profit and I get to kill my boredom. Will you accept?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 5:28:20 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

She’s the wrong kind of girl. Navy regards her with weary eyes as he shuts the door behind him, listening to the jingle of the knob like it’s a brass instrument. He listens to an offer that he can’t refuse. This girl’s all the buzz. She shows up in his life and interesting adventures down unexpected highways flourish before him like new blooming flowers. Navy founds her sense of style requires some work, but in the absence of other options…[break][break]
She’ll make a fine partner for the day. It’s nice to have someone to bounce the ideas knocking around in his rock brain off. Like any good detective, Navy goes and kills the mood. Takes the towels off the window, remnants from a time when Gabe was here, and restores this room to normalcy. No mysterious, dark mood. No rainswept atmosphere. Simple sunlight, trailing through onto his face. A gentle reminder that life is good and will persist.[break][break]
As you say, godmother.” He gives the girl a solemn bow of his head. “I am honored to be here on the day of your Skitty’s wedding.” He so rarely gets to talk about such things. He doesn’t even know if the girl will understand what he’s talking about, so hellbent is he on putting his groceries up before the ice cream melt. Navy presses play on his answering machine. In so doing, a number of messages begin to play.[break][break]
Yo, Navy, broooo. Can you uh, stash some stuff for me? Just a little bit of reefer. I don’t want the 5-O grabbin my stash, man. I’ll pay you in cash. Call me back. Later, brah.[break]
Are you having trouble maintaining a strong, rigid erec-[break]
Michael, Michael. It’s Leslie. Michael, there’s a problem. It’s Bees, Michael. Bees everywhere. Combees, Beedrill, Beeswax. Michael we need your help. There’s money in it for you. Michael please. We just need you to capture a Combee and bring it to us—[break]
Ayo Mr. Navy, we gotta cook. And by cook I mean we gotta cook up some cheddar so I can hit the club later. You need an assistant again man—[break][break]
Lots of riveting stuff. It’s Eris’s call.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 6:25:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Yay! We're going on an adventure!!" In an instant, her demeanor is swept up by a bright smile, her hands clapping together as she kicks her feet. "You guys can come out now!"[break][break]

As she makes that little announcement and Navy begins to pull the curtains, the room is flooded by light that identifies many strange things. A tiny Joltik hidden amongst his many books, shadows moving and congealing into a pair of shortswords, a Luxray now struggling to crawl out from under the desk. Even the silver goop that had helped to keep the Skitty towels in place now drops to the ground with a rather ungraceful splatter.[break][break]

Whilst Navy busies himself with the true worries of whether his ice cream might melt, he at least is nice enough to play something for her to listen to. And oh, how she cocks her head as she listens through the mess.[break][break]

"Uhm... what's a reefer? Why'd you cut off the second one?? A- and why is someone asking you to cook cheddar when you're a detective? Are you really good at making cheese or something? Is it your side job?? What kinda other cheese can you make?"[break][break]

So many questions run through her head and as she sits there shooting them off, she wonders just how many will be answered. Sighing, she leans forwards in her seat, only to realise just how far she is from reaching the table. And when she starts kicking her feet in an attempt to use momentum to pull the chair forwards, she hears a brief snort from Reiner as he helps her to nudge it in.[break][break]

He had absolutely just made fun of her in some way and she can't help but give him the stink eye. But at the very least with his help, now she's capable of resting her elbows in the table so she can prop her cheeks up.[break][break]

"I think the 'Leslie' person is in lots of trouble. The kind that we can't really ignore." Her right eye trails over and settles upon Navy's expression. "What do you think, Mister sidekick?"
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission || outfit

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 19:26:56 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

A full team of Pokemon start crawling out of the woodworks. Navy is unnerved. Unsettled. They were all hidden in the little nooks and crannies of the shop. Had this girl been his enemy, she could have had one of these little beasts rip the veins out of his body and skip rope with them. A sobering thought. One he fights down with ice cream. It helps. It helps enough to keep his mind on task as the answering machine blares and Eris asks her many questions.[break][break]
Thank Arceus it’s a slow day. If she heard some of the messages the ruffians of this city gave him on a near daily basis…[break][break]
Uh, don’t worry about it. I just, well, I have a little cheddar making business on the side. A side hustle. You know, to pull in some extra cash.” He didn’t really do that anymore. Explaining that to Blueman was like pulling teeth. The kid simply did not want to listen to reason.[break][break]
Lemme see what’s going on…” A short phone conversation leads to him being brought up to date on the situation. It’s not like she can hear Greg Leslie, a man with an unfortunate last name for a first name, on the other end giving his spiel. When the man is done, Navy puts the phone down and shakes his head.[break][break]
Well, it ain’t good. Some combees and beedrills are going crazy in Petalburg Woods. No one can explain why. They want me to go knock out a combee and deliver it back to some of their egghead boys on the edge of the woods at their base camp. They wanna run some tests.” That can only mean one thing for them: trouble. And lot’s of it. Lots of fighting.[break][break]
I can’t, in good conscious, let the leading lady march off into this without telling her the risks. You’re a good trainer. A great one, even. But it’s still gonna be a hard fight. Knowing Leslie, him and the rangers will end up sending us back in after the first go-round. You sure you want in?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 0:21:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Detective work doesn't pay that much, huh? Well, things will get better as long as you believe in it!" She hums, stretching her arms across the table as she lays down. Understandable, considering the whole economic crisis that Hoenn must have underwent with the closing of borders. Or maybe his business just isn't as well known as it seems?[break][break]

She's kind enough to be silent as he makes his call, tracing stars into the wood as Reiner judges the shape from over her shoulder. A little sharper, the sparkle trails need to be a little longer - Bit by bit, she sketches out an imaginary Northern star. And when he comes back with details, her rather bored expression finds a bit more woven into it. Petalburg Woods... Beedrills... and they're Rangers to boot...[break][break]

"They need the help, don't they?" Everything condenses into that thought, her other worries temporarily displaced by the mild concern she has for the safety of those people. "As long as they need help, that's all that really matters!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 6:09:06 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Alright, kid. I’m not in the business of turning down help.” He’s taken aback, not by the first time, by her willingness to help. She’s a good person. Navy is more and more convinced of that the more he talks to her. Whimsical, in the way kids are, but that’s just how it goes when you’re young. He’s not going to judge her for enjoying her youth.[break][break]
Navy goes to a corner of the room, carefully concealed behind a bookcase. Inside is his armory. There’s a few guns, purchased through totally legal means. Absolutely no hints of illegal weapons are there. Oh no, none. There’s also, oddly enough, a sword or two, and a shield emblazoned with a howling Zamazenta. Something Gabe wanted him to buy, once upon a time.[break][break]
At the center of this armory is what looks to be a gun case. Clicking it open, Navy pulls out…a paddle. Well, that’s just about the only thing he can describe this implement of destruction as. It’s like the paddle blades of a distant culture, but missing the jagged edges. The crown jewel is the stone set in the middle. Right now, it's just a fancy mega stone. But, according to that scientist, maybe someday it'll be something more...[break][break]
Got this off an egg head at the League. Should prove useful in the field, in case things go awry.”[break][break]
Slinging on his back, he looks down at Eris and nods.[break][break]
Let’s go. Onward, to adventure, Miss Leading Lady!”[break][break]
…but first, they have to drive to adventure. Navy yawns in his truck. It’s not the longest trip, but it’ll take them a bit.[break][break]
So, Eris,” he begins, if only to pass the time, “where are your parents? It seems we just keep running into each other at random spots.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:47:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]So he needs to arm himself for whatever it is they're about to face, she can understand that much. But that moment when she recognises the stuff he starts pulling, she pulls away from the table, almost shrinking back into the chair. And as she does so, Reiner is there to rest a paw upon her arm, growling as he gives her a gentle nuzzle.[break][break]

It takes a bit of encouragement but just as soon as Navy is done slinging his gun, Eris has already been coaxed out of the seat. And she slips quick to the door, already having one foot out as she keeps the door between her and Navy. Even getting into the truck is somewhat of a challenge, her heart sinking as she reluctantly allows Reiner to climb out into the back.[break][break]

Throughout the little car trip, she's surprisingly quiet. She flinches at the way her seatbelt clicks, leans her weight more towards the door and keeps her eyes focused on the road. And when prompted with a question, she takes a moment to realise she's being talked to, her gaze lowering to her hands as they fidget.[break][break]

What does she say to him? He has no need nor right to know and she's by no means comfortable with saying it out loud. Maybe he'll fill in the space with his own logic.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 19:49:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He notices her discomfort at the weapon. Before they even leave the city limits, he pulls over. Out comes Lizzy. He hands it to her.[break][break]
Take this back to the office and catch up. We’re headin’ to Petalburg Woods.” Lizzy is moments away from huffing before she looks past Navy and sees the way that Eris is reacting. Afterwards, she just nods, wedges the paddle sword into her saddle, and rushes back to the Navidson Solutions office.[break][break]
I’m sorry, Eris.” He says as he gets back on the road. What he says next…[break][break]
Well, he doesn’t really have the right to say it. It’s an offer he’s sure she’s heard a thousand times before. Yet, all the same, he makes the offer. The Bees can wait.[break][break]
Alright…I won’t pry. But if you ever need a place to stay, just come on by. You can crash at my place, no questions asked.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 22:04:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Huh? O- oh... no. You're fine." Her voice is but a murmur, just barely audible over the rumbling of the engine. She's not as good at hiding what she might feel as she thinks she is. Or rather, when stuck in a situation like this with very few escape options, her focus is moreso on her own safety than her outward emotions.[break][break]

When she looks in the rear view mirror, she can spy the rather grumpy frown tugging at Reiner's lips.[break][break]

"I don't really want to impose."[break][break]

If trouble comes after her, Navy is far down on the list of people she'd turn to.[break][break]

"I'll be alright. We should get moving since there's people that need our help, right?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 22:25:24 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

You can’t just save everyone. You can’t run into every kid’s life and make everything better. The world doesn’t begin or end with Michael Navidson. Whatever the world has done to her, it wasn’t pretty. Isn’t pretty. Navy prays that doing this mission will give her focus once again. Help pull her mind away from whatever dark pathways down which she wanders…[break][break]
But it hurts, too, to be so close to someone who is in pain. And, while they suffer, to be unable to help.[break][break]
Yeah, you’re right.” The only words he says while they pass down the highway. What more is there to be said at this juncture?[break][break]
Thankfully, it’s not a long drive. Rangers have cordoned off the area. They don’t even glance at the girl in the passenger’s seat as they wave you through. Many of them are wearing heavy masks to keep bees out of their face, not that any are small enough for such a thing to be needed. Navy parks his truck, pops the door, and pulls out a pokeball.[break][break]
Already, the combees are swarming.[break][break]
Name of the game’s simple. Knock one of these guys right the frick out,” he censors himself for her, “back into the truck, back to HQ. Simple as.” It doesn’t have to be more complicated than that.[break][break]
Out comes Hattori, his Greninja. Skirting up the tree, he throws a series of water shuriken at his foe. Navy sticks near Eris, just in case the combees get past their Pokemon. Safety in numbers, right?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 0:50:42 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Should she apologise for making things awkward? She doesn't know whether to appreciate the silence as Navy continues to drive on and in this very moment, she wishes that she could get the biggest hug from Reiner.[break][break]

At the very least, it isn't long until they reach their destination. And as they pass through the barricade, she's leaning back into the seat, pulling her hood over her eyes as she crosses her free arm and grips at her elbows. When he finally parks, she's ready to tumble out of the vehicle, more than happy to embrace Reiner as he barrels right into her.[break][break]

Or maybe he just does that because of just how many Combee are swarming the.[break][break]

"Wonder what's got them so mad?" She murmurs. And as she does, Reiner's already following up on Hattori's attacks, making full use of the water present to amplify and spread his Waves of Thunder.[break][break]

"Should we try to pick off the weakest one?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 14:48:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yeah.” Navy falls in beside her. Hattori is skittering about, firing his shuriken everywhere. The combees seem laser-focused on him. It’s good. He pulls pressure off of the rest of them. Navy’s heart is beating like a drum. More and more come. Hattori spies this from his place on high.[break][break]
He dives in front of them just in time to take a stinger from a combee. The bee had been slowed down tremendously by the wave sent out by Eris’s Pokemon.[break][break]
Only, it doesn’t seem to be Hattori that has fallen there. What the combee seems to have struck is a log from a tree. A substitute placed there to save both. Hattori is right behind, using the substitute as cover to unleash a blade of extrasensory psychic energy onto the weakened combee.[break][break]
It falls down. It’s just a combee. The rest of the horde starts to angrily buzz.[break][break]
Get back in the truck! We’re gonna be swarmed if we’re not careful!” Navy covers Eris and Reiner if they choose to go before making his own way to the truck. Hattori, for his part, jumps in the bed. At least they’ll have someone to cover them.[break][break]
And on the horizon? Beedrills. A whole angry swarm of them, angry their queen might be disturbed.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 0:23:56 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Watching Hattori speed around the area and dispatch their foes is like watching an action-movie play before her eyes. With how often she's dragged into fights against enraged enemies and even gods, the fact that she still feels a spark of awe in her heart makes her feel a little comforted.[break][break]

But that feeling is fleeting compared to the overwhelming presence of angered Combees and she abandons it in favour of listening to Navy's call. She doesn't even try to look at the reinforcements arriving, the buzzing that they make sends a horrible shiver down her spine, makes her brain scream that she needs to run.[break][break]

And so she does, making a mad scramble for the truck and diving right back into the seat, recalling Reiner into his pokeball as she slams the door shut. Then she cowers, sinking into the seat as if trying to hide below the window, her hood pulled over her eyes so she doesn't have to see. It's like an old children logic ringing over and over in her head -[break][break]

If she can't see them, they can't see her.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Beest of Burden
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 1:36:41 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The combee is placed in the back seat. Its wings buzz, more on instinct than with intent. It has been knocked out. As much as it tries, it cannot take to the sky again. Navy floors it, kicking his truck into reverse. They’re off down the trail. The skies darken. Beedrills descend.[break][break]
Pokemon are sensitive to human emotion. Hattori senses Eris’s strife. It makes him redouble his effort to protect these humans. He disappears out of their view. Neither Navy nor Eris can see him, but he becomes as their guardian angel. Soaring through the tree tops, he flies like an avenging angel. Throwing shuriken, stabbing out with blades of ghastly might, heightened psychic ability, and water. All in service of protecting that girl. A shinobi is one who endures. A shinobi is one who protects. That is the essence of Hattori’s nindo.[break][break]
Their truck cuts a path down the path. A few combees get caught in Navy’s grill. It is only thanks to the effort of the frog that they are spared the oncoming swarm. When a Beedrill gets close enough to stab him, they find their stinger digs into a tree trunk instead. A trick played out again and again. They are so enraged that they simply refuse to learn.[break][break]
We’re almost there.” Navy says as he sees the ranger checkpoint. “Just hold on a little longer, Eris.

[break][break]