you shall not pass [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 3:42:33 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Um...excuse me! H-hang on a second!"[break][break]
Her first mission of the evening is to keep Rockets from entering the rift in Granite Cave. And to be fair, the girl she's intercepting certainly doesn't seem like a threat. But does look young. Too young to be in a place like this, and caught up in a horrible conflict besides. Luka's heart breaks to think of something happening to her.[break][break]

Frankly, it doesn't matter what faction this girl belongs to. Rocket or League— she's worried nonetheless. Although she does hope it's the latter, for should their encounter turn contentious there's no way she could bring herself to harm someone so young.[break][break]

"Are you lost? Can I help you find your way back?" Luka doesn't mean to sound condescending— every word comes from a place of genuine concern. "This is, um, i-it's not very safe, you know. If you're lost, I can help you find your way home!"

[break][break]

[break][break]
MP Fund:[break]

• 50 MP for participation in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
  • 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x1)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 7:10:42 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla spun around while currently exploring around the Granite Cave, finding the pink haired woman that had caught up with her. "Huh?" she said while the woman had went to go and ask her if she needed help to go home. Of course, Vanilla could only go about and assume that she was a part of the League, if not the Rangers themselves. She appeared far too carin and protective to really be a Rocket member. "S-Sorry." she said, her back facing the woman, pulling out her RotomDex to cover her face completely. "I...I 'm looking for somebody important who's missing, a-and I need to see if he's down there." She said to the woman, looking behind her towards them. The RotomDex's screen showed a mournful looking face, furrowing its robotics brows as Vanilla hummed to herself in thought.

"I can't go home until I know they're not down there. I have to investigate."

TAGS:
NOTES:  IC Post - (10 MP)
Participation - (50 MP)
Carryover -  (560 MP)
Total = (620 MP)

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 7:19:31 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Eh, really? Oh no!"[break][break]
She believes the girl immediately, of course. Some might find her too gullible or naive so for easily believing such a story, but Luka doesn't detect a trace of falsehood in the young woman's explanation.[break][break]
"Who is it? Your family? Or a friend?" She understands the need to protect the ones you love, and the frustration at being unable to do so. Regardless, Luka's stance remains firm. She can't allow this nervous slip of a thing to get hurt on her watch, and a trek down into the rift promises nothing but hardship for even the most seasoned of battlers.[break][break]
"T-the thing is, though...it's really quite dangerous there. So I can't let you through, I'm sorry! But um...listen! I'm with the rangers, and if you can let us know who you're looking for, we'll search for you. Everything will be totally fine, I promise!"

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x2)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 7:33:03 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"I-It's my Dad." Vanilla answered. She didn't really pick up on anything that tipped her off on the woman having anything but her best interests in mind. So she could just go ahead and tell her the honest truth. The teenager faced the ground again. "He was a Ranger before I was born. But one day, he went missing and never reported back in." She said, motioning to the area in front of them both. Vanilla had to hide her worry and shame, slowly pushing past the words of this helpful Ranger as she stopped them for long enough. "If there's a chance that he fell into one of these wormholes, then I have to go inside of them. I have not know what happened to him. No matter what." The teenager said, beginning to walk past her.

"I'm sorry, but I can't stay here."

TAGS:
NOTES:  IC Post [x2] - (20 MP)
Participation - (50 MP)
Carryover -  (560 MP)
Total = (630 MP)

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 15:47:47 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Her heart bleeds sympathy for this poor girl. And she knows that if the roles were reversed, if there was even a chance she might see her father again, she'd do everything in her power to get down into the rifts too.[break][break]

But she still has a job to do. Teeth worry her bottom lip as for a moment, Luka considers letting the girl pass. But she knows she'd never be able to forgive herself if something happened. The rift is an unforgiving place, and Rocket even more so. And if the Interdream Zone has manifested there, there's even more risk. The visions that Luka has seen in that fog are enough to make her shiver, and she wouldn't wish them on anyone else.[break][break]

"I-I understand, I do! But please, this is what we're here for! A-a ranger's responsibility is to protect people as much as Pokemon, s-so I hope you understand why I can't let you down here. It's not just the rift...Team Rocket is just as dangerous. Maybe even more so! So please..."[break][break]

As the girl tries to brush past her, Luka moves as well and stands in her way. She's about as threatening as a rabbit, but there's a fierce determination in her eyes. Her Musharna's dream mist billows into the space behind her, making the path ahead appear blurred and difficult to navigate.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, but I really just want to help you!"

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x3)
  • 10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 20:26:19 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Her attempt at stepping around the woman was still blocked. Vanilla frowned at her, putting on her best look of frustration behind the screen of a phone. Her Pokémon behind her takes precaution and billows a pink color smoke that fills the cavern area behind her. Proxii, the ever peppy Rotom, would take a small screenshot of the Musharna as a soft robotic voice emit from his speakers.

Musharna, the Drowsing Pokémon. The dream mist coming from its forehead changes into many different colors depending on the dream that was eaten. It drowses and dreams all the time. It's best to leave it be if it's just woken up, as it's a terrible grump when freshly roused from sleep.

"Please, get out of the way." Vanilla warned, shaking her head. "You know that I won't turn around like this." She hesitated, waiting for the woman to get out of the way before just tackling her way through the woman, using her shoulder as leverage to charge through. Of course, she hit the ground face first, with Proxii flying up just in time to avoid getting his screen shattered. Vanilla scampered on through, grabbing her RotomDex as she held it to her chest and began to run through, covering her mouth and doing her best to limit the amount of dream mist that she might inhale.

TAGS:
NOTES:  IC Post [x3] - (30 MP)
Participation - (50 MP)
Carryover -  (560 MP)
Total = (640 MP)

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 5:48:04 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"W-woah, hey!"[break][break]

Luka stumbles back a few steps as she's roughly shoved to the side, but manages to remain upright. This girl is bold, she'll give her that. But she's not going to get away so easily![break][break]

"That wasn't very nice, you know!" It's a mild scold, and frankly Luka's more concerned about the girl's fall than getting pushed herself. "Are you okay? See, an uneven floor is the least of your worries down here! Come on, let me take you back!"[break][break]

There are probably several ways she could restrain someone with her Pokemon, but she doesn't want to resort to that yet. Instead, Luka reaches out and grabs the young lady by the arm. It's not enough to hurt, but she gives a tug and tries to pull her runaway back.[break][break]

"Please listen to me, okay? I know it's hard, and I know it's frustrating! You'd like to do anything you can to get your father back, right?" Green eyes are bright with sympathy, but she remains firm. "I understand that, I really do. But you won't be able to help anyone if you go and get yourself hurt, you know?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x4)
  • 10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 6:06:32 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Just when she thinks she's home free, a hand reaches in and pulls the poor teen back in. She squirms a bit, trying to free herself from the Ranger's grasp while the woman continues trying to talk her out of going inside of the holes again. She talked and talked and talked but eventually, she couldn't take it anymore. Her brows furrowed as Vanilla would slowly pull her arm back towards her. "And what?! Sit back and let everyone just casually look around for the next thirteen years like you've done?" Her voice raised, face showing signs of frustration. "One Ranger goes missing and everyone pretends to care until it gets too hard. Then months, years of work just gets thrown away! He's still missing, but everyone else cares about whatever else! What about my family?! We didn't have a father because of everyone here! Nobody in the League cared about us! ALl we get is a letter and a backpat wishing us luck!"

Vanilla stopped to gather her breath, her voice echoing from the cavern walls. SHe was screaming, not feeling the salty tears streaming down both cheeks while huffing and glaring at the woman and her Musharna. "...That's why I have to go down there. Not for the League or recovering anything. I deserve to know what happened to him." She said, reaching for her Pokémon belt.

"If you don't get off me, I'll make you."

TAGS:
NOTES:  IC Post [x4] - (40 MP)
Participation - (50 MP)
Carryover -  (560 MP)
Total = (650 MP)
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 5:28:34 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
And just like that, Luka's already fragile heart shatters.[break][break]

She might as well be staring at herself from ten years ago. All that rage and pain, the desperation to find answers, to do anything other than sit around and let others tell you that it'll be okay, that it'll pass, that there's nothing she can do. She knows how it feels for grief to eat at you until there's nothing but bones left.[break][break]

"I don't want to fight you," she says desperately, almost pleading. "Please, you have to understand! If Team Rocket wasn't there, i-it might be a different story. But if they find you, there's no telling what might happen!"[break][break]

She steps forwards and tries to lay a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder.[break][break]

"I care, I do. I promise. I-I know it doesn't sound like much coming from a stranger, but I understand you!"[break][break] Her free hand balls into a fist— not with anger, but the remnants of her own frustration and the ghosts that still linger in her patchwork heart.[break][break]

"Team Rocket killed my father. I was probably just around your age. This was in Kalos, back when th- a-actually, that doesn't matter. The point is, I would do anything in the world to get him back. And I'm still looking for answers about what happened. It's so frustrating, isn't it? It makes you feel lonely and scared, a-and useless."[break][break]

She takes a deep, shuddering breath, and presses on. "But it also means I know how dangerous Rocket is. A-and that's why I can't let you through. The people that love you will be devastated if you get hurt, a-and I'd never be able to forgive myself either. And if you'd like...m-maybe once all of this is over, I can take you into the rifts? You shouldn't have to take on this search alone."

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x5)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 6:18:59 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla just glared at the woman as she continued to try and stop her from entering the rifts. Her determination was solid and she seemed ready to go and leave her behind, but at her touch, the teen stayed to listen. The pink haired woman spoke about her own little experiences with Team Rocket. Her eyes widened at the discovery of what fate befell her father, with Vanilla frowning still as she listened, her legs would grow unsteady. Everyone from before had just come out in one torrent of rage. And it continued on as Vanilla's expression worsened into one of holding back tears. Her will was crumbling as the girl finally relented and dropped to her knees, reduced to a crying mess. She covered her face in her hands, starting to sulk as her emotions just spilled out of herself.

After a small minute of just sulking and gasping for air, she finally found the courage to speak. "It's not fa-fair! Why did it have to happen to us? We did everythi-ing *hic* right...I just want to see him again. Just one last time..." She cried a whole bunch again, wiping her eyes on her sleeve while suffering from her little outburst.

TAGS:
NOTES:  IC Post [x5] - (50 MP)
Participation - (50 MP)
Carryover -  (560 MP)
Total = (660 MP)
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 21:19:04 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Luka sinks down to the ground with her, a hand still resting lightly on her shoulder. She doesn't know this girl at all— they're little more than strangers. And yet she feels connected to her in the most tragic of ways; grief has a funny way of bringing people together, bonding them in ways that many people can't understand.[break][break]

Her own eyes burn but she swallows down her tears. "You're right. It's not fair, a-and I'm so sorry this happened to you. But...but you're still fighting, you know? It's so hard, but you're still here. A-and that's amazing! You should be proud of yourself."[break][break]

Teeth worry her bottom lip. This is not the way she expected things to go, but Luka has a heart too soft for the world around her. "Listen...[break][break]

She shouldn't be doing this. It's a terrible, stupid idea. And if this young woman gets hurt, it'll be on her conscience. But perhaps giving this girl a chance at closure is Luka's way of consoling her younger self as well.[break][break]

"I can't leave my post. I-I wish I could, because I want to help you more. But please take these, okay? It's the best I can do."[break][break]

She hands over a pack filled with various supplies provided by the League. Inside is a plethora of healing items and human first aid, as well as an odd assortment of tools. Rope and a utility knife seem standard, but there is also a handful of scatterbangs, sticky globs, and chunks of mysterious red ore.[break][break]

"Just...please be careful, okay? My name is Luka. If you need anything at all, please come and find me."

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x6)
  • 10 MP for helping another character

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 0:54:16 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla continued to cry a stream of bottled up emotions, reducing to a blubbering mess of a cook that had little idea as to what to do with her life. All of her mission thus far was to focus on her father, and without the wormhole, this was as good a chance as any to go and verify that he wasn't sucked down into any single one of these wormholes. The other woman showed some amount of patience and understanding, as Vanilla felt the weight of her hand on her shoulder. It left some small amount of support that Vanilla had never really felt before from another person.

"I never even got to shay goodbye *hic*..." She said, her face firmly pressed into the clothing of the Ranger in front of her while being consoled. It wasn't long afterwards that she looked up and would catch sight of the Ranger handing her a handful of supplies and such. Stuff for the trip inside of the Ultra Space. The teenager looked on in awe while her eyes glued onto the supplies. All was quiet for a moment as the younger girl said nothing for a moment. Then, just as all seemed as if something was wrong, Vanilla wrapped her arms around the Ranger and hugged her tight.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you…" Vanilla said, drying her eyes after removing her glasses in front of her face. She squeezed a bit before continuing to cry for a minute or so more until she had finally let everything out. After that, Vanilla sniffled and offered a sincere smile. "Ah-I'm sorry about what happened to your Dad. I won't forget this. Here." Proxii quietly and tearfully (could Rotoms cry?) pressed up to the woman's phone as they exchanged contact information with one another. "I'll call you as soon as I get out of there to make you know I'm alright, o-okay?" She smiled, starting to run away before hesitating for a minute, then spinning around.

"Ah-I’m Vanilla, by the way. It’s nice to meet you."

TAGS:
NOTES:  IC Post [x5] - (50 MP)
Participation - (60 MP)
Carryover -  (560 MP)
Total = (670 MP)

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 4:34:16 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh—"[break][break]

Her breath hitches in surprise when the girl hugs her, but a moment later Luka's arms wrap around her slender frame and squeeze tight. She hopes the embrace carries everything she lacks the words to convey: that she's sorry, that she wishes the world was kinder, that she'd bear the weight of all her pain if she could.[break][break]

By the time they part her eyes are a little misty. Luka laughs softly and sniffs once, feeling a little silly for getting so emotional at a time like this. But it can't be helped, and if her moment of vulnerability has made this girl feel heard and seen, then it's worth it.[break][break]

"You don't have to apologize," she assures while she helps the girl up. "But for what it's worth, I'm sorry too. And I hope you find what you're looking for down there." Their numbers are exchanged and promises are made— before she lets the girl run off Luka seals the deal with their pinkies. It's an unbreakable vow now![break][break]

"It's nice to meet you too. I hope the next time we see each other, it's under better circumstances," she replies, sending the girl off with a nervous smile. "Be careful, okay? Stay away from Team Rocket! And if you ever need anything, please give me a call!"

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x7)
  • 10 MP for helping another character (x2)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 1:20:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: