thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 4:29:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He is different to the last time she'd seen him.[break][break]

A long gash mars the right side of his face, a line of red across his cheek. His arm is bound in gauze.[break][break]

He's limping, favoring his right leg, as he approaches the cave. He should be resting, but it would take physical chains to hold him back from his duty as underboss. So long as there were Rockets left in the Rift, he would help them get out.[break][break]

But he would not go back into the Rift. He had spent too long already within its alien abyss.[break][break]

"Miss Kwan."[break][break]

A familiar Dodrio quarks thrice at his side, its three heads bobbing.[break][break]

"How goes the extraction effort?"[break][break]

How can I help? is an unspoken follow up.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 4:55:54 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon would be stationed right outside the rift, having been stationed there after failing most of her duties on the account of the League's interference. Yet as much as it did thrill her to see the League in trouble, she feared for her own safety if the admins had thought of her as somewhat inept to really be of much use to them. So for the time being, here she came to be, making sure nobody would dare to step foot that wasn't part of them. Her eyes fell onto Gavin, one of many times as she let out a soft, clearly concerned sigh. She listened to his question, then reached into her bag slung over her shoulder before taking out a small white cloth and approaching Gavin with it in hand. Without any prompting, her hand carefully dabs at the underboss's cheek, hoping to at least ease his efforts somewhat.

"They were fine." she lied, paying much more attention and focus to him than her own failures. Just another one of many, after all. "I could care less about any extraction effort now. What...happened to you, sir?" she asked, looking over at the Dodrio for some kind of answer, hoping that maybe if she believed hard enough, they could speak.

OOC: CAVE (1/2)
PROMPT:
- 50 MP - Participate in a mission/Battle
- 10 MP - IC POST [x1]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 5:11:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gently but firmly, Gavin pushes away the hand that reaches for him.[break][break]

"I am fine," he insists.[break][break]

Stitching holds the wound closed. The source of his limp is less apparent, the burn covered by clothing.[break][break]

"You ought to care about extraction. That is the task you were given, was it not?" A certain sharpness enters the tone of the underboss. He shakes his head when she asks what happened to him. "It has been a long day."[break][break]

He would not burden anyone else with the shame of his defeat.[break][break]

"I am here to ensure it doesn't get any longer."[break][break]

The Dodrio does not speak, but its three heads squabble among themselves.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 5:50:25 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Her hand is pushed away as Soyeon can only pout at him. the tired kind of pout that showed exhaustion on her own end alongside him, although she was in far better shape. "If you say so..." Another sigh escaped from the scientist's lips while she crossed her arms. "It was, but nobody seems to be threatening said extraction, sir. If you have to know, my missions went just fine. All items accounted for and my research inside has been submitted for investigation. I'm sorry I wasn't able to go with you and make sure you had turned out better."

The woman returned to her previous post stance, facing forward as she looked down at her Pokemon. Ferrous was pretty banged up, and Proto was still paralyzed from the run in with the one League member. Her eyes went to the Dodrio and watched quietly while they sqawked amongst themselves. "So...What exactly did you see down there? I found myself in underwater caverns, mainly."

PROMPT:
- 20 MP - IC POST [x2]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 6:05:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Yet."[break][break]

He's sure they will again.[break][break]

He blinks as she reports the status of her own missions unbidden. Her comment about his own sees him bristle slightly, still suffering from the wounded pride of his own failure.[break][break]

"I did not ask."[break][break]

He'd asked only about the status of their extraction, winding down though it seemed to be.[break][break]

"I doubt you could have been of much help."[break][break]

Insulting, perhaps, but there is nothing snide in his tone.[break][break]

"Underwater," he echoes with displeasure, quietly relieved he'd experienced nothing of the sort. "I experienced far more of the astral sea, empty space and floating islands. The usual." It was better than the actual sea, to him. "The mist was an unfortunate anomaly. I hope you didn't run afoul of it yourself."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 6:17:05 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Once again, not exactly the most understanding of underbosses that Soyeon could hold a conversation with. He'd push away her status report and push her to not think too greatly on what she could have done about being alongside him. It was evident by her own soft hum that she hated being told that. Scolded for showing thought of anybody else caught in the machine. Her thoughts trailed back to the boy she had faced in the Ultra Sea. The one who had a friend that had come into being in Rocket for similar reasons to her. Maybe his friend at least would have a better time of things than she was currently having.

And yet, Gavin didn't sound like he meant anything cursing her presence for not being there during his presumed fights. "I trust your judgement. It's not like a scientist could do much in the battlefield." Soyeon said to agree with him.

By his own account, the underboss had visited places more interesting than her at least. The woman had her interest piqued by the mention of the other astral plains and such around did cause her to become a little more curious about the environments inside of the Ultra Space. "Fascinating...I wish I could have had more time to go and visit them myself." Soyeon commented before he brought up the mist. Another memory had popped up in her head. She recalled the time when her trek had been impeded by such a phenomenon. "Actually, I did run into some mist during my dive. I was walking through before it enveloped me and then a woman attacked me in its cover. I got out okay, but sadly, it shredded my lab coat."

PROMPT:
- 30 MP - IC POST [x3]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 6:33:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The hum of displeasure does not go unnoticed, but neither does Gavin challenge her on it.[break][break]

A gruff laugh scrapes in his throat.[break][break]

"You'd be surprised," he counters. "I was a scientist, once."[break][break]

So was , in a sense.[break][break]

He shakes his head.[break][break]

"Ran into another Avatar."[break][break]

That's all the context he'll give, and that only so that she knew he was not entirely doubting her capability in battle. As an Avatar himself, he certainly viewed their like as a cut above the rest. Bias.[break][break]

"Mm. Spend too long in there, you'll feel different." Today had not been his first foray into the Deep Sea. It likely won't be his last. He hated the alien abyss, but he would venture anywhere in Rocket's name.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 7:15:31 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"You were a scientist too, hm?" The woman asked, leaning onto the wall behind her while thinking about Gavin as a scientist. Her irises fluttered towards the man's stature and looks, hidden behind his fresh wounds from the Ultra Space. But then he mentioned something that caught her interest. "An Avatar?" As mysterious and short spoken as Gavin made it seem, she had to try and put the pieces together. She assumed that something had happened and put the lid on that rule of Gavin the Scientist. But she wouldn't pry. Soyeon closed her eyes and gave a short nod. "If you ever want to relive those days, I'm sure I can find some paperwork for you two."

Gavin didn't seem to like Ultra Space too much, if not totally obvious yet. But Soyeon? Far from that. "It does have its own threats and such, I agree, but it's everything I've ever wanted to see when I was a kid. Just staring at my telescope all night, wanting to reach to the stars above. But like you said, you didn't ask." She offered a shrug and looked away. "So actually, I did want to ask, if it's not too personal...WHy did you join Rocket, sir?"

PROMPT:
- 40 MP - IC POST [x4]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 7:38:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I was."[break][break]

It feels like a lifetime ago, yet it had only been years.[break][break]

"Do you know what Avatars are?"[break][break]

He forgets, sometimes, that not everyone does. Especially not those who were recent transfers from regions where the world didn't have a disaster of the week, or legends running amok to stake their claim.[break][break]

His stoicism breaks under a sudden, sharp laugh.[break][break]

"I have plenty of paperwork awaiting me in my office, I'm sure."[break][break]

It would take days to go through all the reports he'd receive in the aftermath of this impromptu skirmish.[break][break]

He finds himself interested in her curiosity, reminded at once of . Her reminder of his earlier comment rings a harsh truth.[break][break]

"I only meant that you didn't need to justify yourself."
[break][break]
Of course, it had come out all too sharp on account of his own bruised ego.[break][break]

Her question is one he's been asked many times. The answer isn't always the same. Time has offered a perspective he'd lacked in arrogant youth. Where once he'd thought a young Cillian Quinn was chasing power, it was belonging he'd craved. Purpose.[break][break]

That, and, "I needed the money." A beat, and then, "And Rocket cared more for results than ethics. Our values aligned."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 8:03:23 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon shook her head at his question. "Only in passing. And even then, it's usually on my way back to my station. I just only recently got transferred to Hoenn. I can imagine that they're well known around the region if most higher ups in Rocket are constantly keeping an eye out for them, but I don't have a clue as to what they are." It was quite intriguing, having a person who might actually be enough to help her figure out what an avatar actually was. He'd maybe give a little explanation onto an Avatar, or not. Soyeon would just have to try and dig it out of him later. Still, her eyes showed a hint of that investigative mindset the woman was known for. Having to comb through every little detail. "I didn't see any legendaries down there anyway. I can't imagine I'd be standing here if they showed up."

Yet she found herself a bit guilty at having launched that barb at him for not caring about her with his comment. She huffed and puffed for a few moments, but would eventually relent. "Sorry...It's just been quite the experience in there. Having somebody sort of brush it all off just made me feel aggravated. So many distractions, so many League members trying to chase you out. But I'm more worried about you. I'm replaceable, but you're the important one."

His answer to her question was typical, though Soyeon couldn't blame him. Regardless of who ruled over Hoenn at the end of the day, money was always paramount above everything else. But she did find herself chuckling a bit. Maybe it was that part of her that had given up ever escaping. Her mindset that she should just bury herself in her research and pretend she was just dead to everyone else she knew. "I may not be devoid of ethics, but I'm results driven like you. I stayed up countless nights in university. Wanting to perfect every minute detail."

A beat came between them as she fidgeted a little, beginning to play with some loose strands of her hair while trying to think of something to keep the conversation going without being too sullen sounding. "What area did you study? Mine was astronomy. I dreamed about working in that Aether Foundation in Alola when I was younger. That's how Rocket pushed me into studying Ultra Space before I came here."

PROMPT:
- 50 MP - IC POST [x5]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 8:21:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"My apologies for the presumption, then." There had been a time when he'd reacted with awe and terror at the mere idea of Avatars, but Lugia's blessing had demystified them in part. They were human still, if extraordinary. "Humans that have been chosen by a legendary for some stake in Hoenn's fate. I'm Lugia's Avatar, myself."[break][break]

Though he does not mean to gloat, there's a soft crow of pride in his tone. He couldn't help himself.[break][break]

"It was Reshiram's Avatar that I scrapped with."[break][break]

She may not even know those legendaries by name, he realises. He had known little of them before coming to Hoenn.[break][break]

She's from Kalos, he recalls.[break][break]

"Xerneas and Yveltal's Avatars are with us, as well."[break][break]

Though with 's betrayal, Gavin is uncertain if will remain. Not without some truce, the underboss imagines.[break][break]

He shakes his head when she apologises.[break][break]

"No need. I understand." A slight frown. "I would not write yourself off as expendable."[break][break]

Her concern, though sweet, left him with feelings of discomfort. Gavin preferred to be a rock, an anchor, a foundation upon which Rocket could rely. Weakness ill-suited him, and his injuries seemed a beacon announcing it to the world.[break][break]

"I am alive," he shrugs. "That is what matters."[break][break]

Something warm melts his chilly countenance as she recounts her university days. They might've even got along, back then.[break][break]

"Paleontology and Biology, though I took a minor in history as well." He'd have studied for the rest of his life if he could. He supposed he was, though not under any formal institution. "If you've an interest in space, perhaps you might speak with ."[break][break]

His sister was equally passionate.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 4:21:22 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
The little bit of explanation about Avatars had made Soyeon a tad more interested in the Avatar phenomenon. Her chin came to rest underneath her chin, a finger tapping on her cheek in thought. Her eyes scanned Gavin up and down, taking a step closer, as if to pierce through his body. "Fascinating. You don't appear any visibly different. No markings or anything, really. But it's an honor to meet an Avatar like yourself, sir." She'd nod, though gasping at the names of the Kalosian legendaries being mentioned. "Even them?! I wouldn't think that they would be here in Hoenn! How were you chosen to represent Lugia, by chance? Was it some sort of strange occurrence or a mutual agreement? I have a thousand questions and every single one gives way to another." She hummed with energy as Gavin had a little buzzy bee on her hand. But after some conversation, she managed to calm herself down.

At his topics of study, she'd smile widely. "Ah, I knew a girl that studied Palentology back in university, Quinn. She was stoic and somewhat stern woman. She looked like she would bite your ear off for even breathing wrong, but she would go on and on about such brilliant topics. We spent a lot of nights studying together. I, ah...I hope she's alright." A faint redness appeared on her cheeks while she brushed a hand through her hair, looking away while clearing her throat and facing straight once more. Gavin mentioned something about his sister for things regarding space. She didn't really even know that he might have had a sister, although SOyeon was happy to have somewhere to go in her area of interest.

"Thank you, sir. I'll go and seek her out soon. Anything to continue my research, I suppose. IIt's really the only thing keeping me sane."

PROMPT:
- 60 MP - IC POST [x6]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 4:45:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin's smile melts some of the ice surrounding his grim countenance, crinkling around his eyes.[break][break]

"Most don't look any different. It's our power that separates us."[break][break]

SHADOW MIASMA seeps from him, a strange purple-black fog that curls around him despite the absence of wind so deep in the cave.[break][break]

Soyeon's curiousity amuses him enough for him to entertain her. Still, he's careful in his choice of words.[break][break]

"I looked out for her when she was suffering." That was not entirely a lie, even if it left out much of the details. He'd never asked Lugia how she had felt during those months, perhaps fearful of the answer. "Her blessing was in thanks."[break][break]

There is a gentleness to his tone as he speaks of Lugia, his reverence evident in contrast to his usual tone.[break][break]

Quinn. What a coincidence that was.[break][break]

He remembers all too well when his own research had been the only thing to keep him going, the silver lining of Kanto's stormclouds. Now, the fossil machine in his basement sits largely dormant, his work as Rocket's underboss taking precedence over all else.[break][break]

"I expect it'll be of great use to us."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 5:10:17 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"Your power, hm? What kind of-" Soyeon's question was cut off, her eyes traveling towards the dark colored clouds coming from the man's body. She's interested but also wary. Careful enough not to go snooping around things that could get her in trouble, especially when the subject was of an underboss directly. "Brilliant. So it seems as if she's blessed you with some of her power, although I'm not entirely sure what the clouds could be in reference to Lugia. Still, it's comforting to know that you could help ease her suffering some." Soyeon, the ever naïve woman, without a clue as to what had occurred between the two.

She thought back onto his background, thinking for a moment. "What type of paleontology did you do for Rocket? I know I did hear some mumbling about stealing fossils and things, but never actually saw what such a use for them would ever be. Does that sound like something in your department, sir?" Soyeon asked curiously. "Can you tell me a little bit more about what you used to do?"

PROMPT:
- 70 MP - IC POST [x7]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 7:04:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Mischief gleams in his golden gaze.[break][break]

"She is perhaps not the Lugia you're imagining." Though there were hints of her dominion over the winds with how he could direct the miasma beneath its gales, Lugia's powers had been corrupted into something far darker. "How much do you know of Shadow Pokémon?"[break][break]

It's a favoured subject of the underboss; he can barely contain the thread of fervour in his voice.[break][break]

At his side, the shadowed Dodrio quarks again. Whatever its three heads had been squabbling over seems to have settled, though it claws impatiently at the ground with thick talons.[break][break]

"Oh, paleontology was a personal passion." It betrayed, however slightly, that there had been a before Rocket - even for Gavin Merlino. "I worked under Dr. Pryde in Kanto; he directed my focus wherever it was needed."[break][break]

He'd always appreciated, however, that had allowed him to pursue his own research when his results were satisfactory.[break][break]

"These days, I don't spent much time in the labs unless I need to visit one of our Head Scientists. They still know they can come to me if ever they need a fossil revived, though." The equipment required was hardly common; it had cost him a small fortune to set up his basement laboratory. "That was my field of study. Restoration and revival."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Cave (Extra)

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights