october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
I’ll Make a Man Out of You [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 5:12:26 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]YOU WERE GONE TOO SOON

[attr="class","setting"]

Mikael while good at using a sword and had a talent of throwing knives with a scary precision had never really trained with a bow. The closest he had come to one was a practice one someone had thrown away that him and his brothers had played around with before it had been inevitably broken. So when he had learned of a chance to better his archery skills he had immediately jumped at the chance. He supposed a trainer would be stationed around to help out with the training.
[break][break]
He had learned that due to circumstances his training had been booked with someone else’s. That didn’t really faze him though. He hoped the other person would be friendly and would be willing to train alongside him. He knew so people preferred training along. And in most cases he did as well. As long as it was a skill he was adept at.
[break][break]
Reaching the training center he walked inside his parter Pokémon at his heels. Aurora, his espeon, and Selene, his umbreon, were always with him though considering he never left home without them. They were the his constant companions and leaving his home without either of them always made him feel weird so both of them were always wherever he was.
[break][break]
The fact he was the first to arrive didn’t surprise him. Being restless he had found himself heading this way before he intended to. Oh well he would just start getting set up. He was sure the other person he was to be training with would arrive soon. So while he waited he started to set up getting a feel of the weapon he would be practicing with as he waited.
[break][break]
The first time he tried it the string whacked his wrist making him wince. And he realized some wrist guards would go a long way in preventing that from happening. Rubbing his wrist he strapped the wrist guards to his wrist before resuming getting a feel of the weapon.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this is okay

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 1:54:05 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The possibilities of INFINITY ENERGY truly were boundless, weren't they? Perhaps that was the reason it was named the way it was. Shalin had tapped into the powers of her suit to take her riding talents to supernatural levels. Barring legendaries, there was no Pokémon that could forcefully dismount her while she wore it. She had proven that already with her Yanmega. She had also learned that, through the power of her suit, she could amplify the strength of some of her Pokémon's sonic attacks by riding on their wings mid-buzz. While it was exhilarating moving invisibly fast, it didn't have any practical combat applications. If she wanted to use the suit for combat, she would need to find a way to harness that same energy a different way.

That wasn't what she was at Rustboro's Law Enforcement Academy for; she was there to work on her mounted archery. Her accuracy when riding her bug Pokémon left something to be desired, what with having to adjust to their constantly-rumbling exoskeletons. Taking out her AVIAN BOW, Shalin noticed a young man around her age practicing with a bow of her own. It looked like he was in pain from having smacked his wrist with the drawstring. "Are you okay?" the SYGNA SUITED Shalin asked after landing her Flygon next to him. Her quiver had been completely refreshed with AVIAN ARROWS thanks to having personal contact with the man that Tornadus traveled with.

{WC: 244}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Corona        Charizard      Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Letheia       A!Ninetales    Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 14:41:01 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Hearing someone speak he turned towards the person. He was faced with a young green-haired woman perhaps a few years younger than himself in one of those sygna suits. ”Yes I am this isn’t the worse I’ve been hurt, but thank you for the concern,” he told the young woman noticing the arrows she had brought with her.
[break][break]
”You’re my training partner I presume. When I planned on getting training in here I was told I would have a partner. Something about two people being able to learn better if they could learn off each other,” he commented brushing a few strands of hair from his bangs out of his eyes.
[break][break]
Seeing the arrows made him think he was right and made him wonder if she already had a bit of training when it came to archery. ”Do you already have some training. Because I don’t. I’m a master with a sword and throwing knives but I don’t know much about other weapons,” he asked letting his gaze drift to her Flygon for a few seconds before drifting back to the woman. Having taken in the Pokémon’s gear he could only assume she was going to shoot mounted. Something he didn’t think he would be able to do at least not yet.
[break][break]
Now that he done observing things he realized he had yet to introduce himself. ”I’ve forgotten my manners, my name’s Mikael.”[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 4:45:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin breathed a sigh of relief. "It takes more strength than you think to keep the drawstring held, especially on longer bows," the rider girl answered, smiling as the young man acknowledged their temporary partnership that could blossom into a friendship over time, if things went well. "Generally, two people working together are better than the sum of their parts, or that's how the saying goes, anyway."

When Mikael asked if Shalin had experience, Shalin smiled. "Not that much; only about a year's worth," she answered. Had it truly been a year since she had procured the Djinni-blessed bow alongside ? "But I can try to pass on what I know about shooting a bow," she offered, grabbing an AVIAN ARROW surrounded by a veil of wind.

Shalin, likewise had forgotten to introduce herself, too! "Right! Name's Shalin, wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" The girl sent out two more saddle-wearing Pokémon, these even more unusual: a Yanmega and a Beedrill. both of which looked unusually friendly for their kind. If anything, the Beedrill was acting the exact opposite of their species' typical disposition, waving the broadside of one of her foreleg stings like a human would wave a hand. "These three are Sandy, Flit, and Queen Zing," she introduced them in order. The excited Flygon chirped her wings, a loud but pleasant hum coming from them as they briefly disappeared. "Whew! That's why I'm not ready for your wing yet, Sandy!" she exhaled, stumbling after sliding off her Flygon's back from her legs feeling slightly like jelly.

{WC: 244}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 15:22:27 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”I was fine until I let the drawstring go wasn’t expecting it to smack me in the wrist. I wanted to get a feel for the weapon,” he explained. Now he knew wrist guards would protect against that. It had only stung for a bit though, though he was sure it would probably leave a mark.
[break][break]
Listening to what she had to say he nodded. ”True. I practice sword drills and knife throwing on my own but that’s because I’m a master in both. I started out training with others though didn’t exactly teach myself. I might spar from time to time with a sword,” he commented before speaking once more. ”Are you a master of any weapon?” he inquired.
[break][break]
As she spoke of having limited experience he nodded. Well that was better than him. He had none. ”That would be great,” he said once she had agreed to teach him what little she knew. He eyed the bow curiously. He had a regular bow that was provided at the training facility not having one of his own.
[break][break]
Hearing her introduction he couldn’t help but be amused. ”Pleasure to meet you Shalin,” he said blinking at the two new pokemon. He had never seen Pokémon of their breed like this. He waved back at the Beedrill before listening to Shalin introduce her Pokémon.
[break][break]
While she was doing that his own Pokémon had moved forward. Feeling them come up he absently petting them before speaking once it seemed Shalin was done talking. ”This is Aurora and Selene,” he told her gesturing first to the espeon than to the umbreon.
[break][break]
”You okay, never ridden a bug pokemon myself. I’ve only ridden a rapidash when I was first learning I would jump off when the Pokémon was still moving. I thought I could jump on someone as I was riding past was practicing in case I ran into bad guys,” he said with a shake of his head. He had stopped doing that when his brothers started trying to copy him.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 7:17:11 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had suffered through that painful lesson as well when she was learning to use her AVIAN BOW. "Everyone makes that mistake. If you hold the bow at a slight angle rather than completely vertical, you can avoid that. Being accurate that way can be a bit harder, but it's safer." As the conversation drifted to more general weapons mastery, Shalin shrugged. "I only learned how to properly use a bow after finding this thing." She retrieved an AVIAN ARROW from her quiver and nocked it, a veil of wind swirling around the projectile as it glowed a faint green.

"Sure! I can show you what little I know." Before she could get started, she heard Mikael introducing his Pokémon: an Espeon and an Umbreon that seemed quite in sync with one another. "You've done a good job raising them," Shalin complimented. "I'll give them a friend to talk to. Come on out, Starr!" With that, she let out a fourth Pokémon: a shiny, female Espeon that was the size of a small horse. She was easily large enough to carry one person on her back. "This is Starr," she introduced her own psychic-type. With how much she preferred to chat mentally rather than with noises, it would make it easier for the duo to concentrate.

"I'm not surprised!" Shalin chirped at Mikael's lack of experience with bug Pokémon. "Verdanturf Leather and Saddle charged me quite a premium to fit these two. They can be really disorienting to fly on, given how agile flying insects tend to be. Plus, there's the vibration. It's only intense on the ground, though; once you're in the air, it's not too bad." She took note at the young man's talent. "You're quite skilled if you can jump off a Pokémon on the run like that. It takes a lot of flexibility to do that. If you want, you're welcome to try flying on one in a bit. But for now, some pointers. That's what we're here for, right?"

Shalin invited Mikael to stand in front of one of the target lines from which archers would stand to hit the targets on the far side of the training facility. "When you're aiming, the single most important thing is to only have one eye open. Close your other eye while you've got the drawstring pulled. If you have both eyes open, your eyes can play tricks on you and cause you to miss."

{WC: 411}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 18:30:04 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Listening to what she had to say he nodded and turned it to a slight angle. It felt a bit awkward holding it this way, but he supposed he would get use it. After all if it was safer to use it this way then it was probably best to do it this way. Through he would still wear the wrist guards as a precaution.
[break][break]
”I don’t think I’ll ever be as skilled with a bow as I am a sword, but I still want to learn. Sometimes it’s best not to get so up close to an enemy and it’s better than a gun,” he told her as he practiced pulling back on the drawstring. He didn’t have an arrow notched yet since he wanted to make sure how got use to pulling back on the drawstring before he tried shooting.
[break][break]
”Where did you even find it?” he asked curiously eying the bow. ”I’ve never seen a bow like that one before,” he admitted his gaze still curious but at this point he was no longer looking at the bow but at Shalin awaiting her response. It looked like a neat bow probably more effective than just a regular bow.
[break][break]
When she agreed to teach him what little she knew he was relieved. ”Thanks, they’ve been with me since before I came to Hoenn. They’re not apart of my original team though. Certain circumstances led to me having to give my original party of Pokémon to new homes. I got Aurora and Selene when I was sixteen when they were both still an eevee,” he explained looking down at the two Pokémon fondly.
[break][break]
When she mentioned a friend he watched as she sent out a shiny espeon that was the size of a small horse. He watched as his Pokémon greeted the other espeon before turning his attention back to Shalin. Yeah they made since. Probably had different body shapes than the Pokémon they were use to putting saddles on.
[break][break]
”Well it’s good that it’s better when you get airborne,” he told her. Not even sure why he did he told her about one of his own exploits. ”Thanks it was a part of my training. Though I stopped when my brothers started copying me. Didn’t want them getting hurt,” he explained.
[break][break]
”Thanks I might take you up on that. It has been awhile since I’ve ridden anything,” he said nodding to the last part of what she said. Moving over to where she indicated he listened intently to what she had to say. Closing his left eye he raised the bow so it was level with the eye he had open. ”Okay what’s next?”[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:40:26 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Quieter than a gun, too," Shalin added, still unaware that Mikael seemed fixated on the relic she held in her hand. "In steady hands, deadlier than a gun, too. It's just got a lot bigger of a learning curve than a gun, and you have to reload after every shot. That's why they've fallen out of favor. But this one's special."

As she let go of the drawstring, the wind itself seemed to guide the arrow she had let fly toward the center of the large, distant piece of plywood, hitting the black bull's-eye in its center. "You probably wouldn't believe me even if I told you. I can still do so, but it can be a hard story to believe. I did tell you that I'm an explorer, right?"

Listening to Mikael's story, Shalin smiled, even laughing as it went on. "You were right to do what you did. Rapidash are very easy to learn with, yes, but new riders underestimate just how fast they can get. I was even afraid to ride one for a while because of how fast they got at full gallop." She laughed again, this time at herself. Afraid of a Rapidash, but would get on a Beedrill with no hesitation? What kind of person was she?

Shalin noticed Mikael had already performed the next step she had in mind: one eye open, staring as though he was looking down the shaft of an arrow ready to be fired. "You're a step ahead of yourself, actually! Hold that exact stance, but nock an arrow and pull it back. Depending on the range of your bow, you might have to pull back pretty hard. Once your aim is right, just let go of the drawstring. Don't forget to account for wind, too!" Of course, with Shalin's bow, it was a lot easier for her; with it being blessed by a deity of wind whose human partner she personally knew, the wind surrounding them could make tiny corrections needed for improved accuracy. It was accuracy that would prove important when firing from the back of a mount capable of... rather violent motions.

{WC: 356}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 19:15:05 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

He listened to the what she said not bothering to hide his distaste when guns were mentioned. It was abundantly clear that he wasn’t a fan. ”I prefer a sword. Though I need something that can be a long range weapon. Throwing knives are really best when it comes to midrange that’s not to say you couldn’t throw a knife at someone in close range though. I figured a bow what make a good long range weapon so I decided to learn that,” he explained with a small shrug.
[break][break]
It was the best reason he had for wanting to use a bow. Liking to be prepared for all outcomes he’d decided he needed to be able to use some kind of long range weapon. He watched her shoot raising a brow when she mentioned the story behind the weapon as being hard to belief. There was very little he found hard to believe.
[break][break]
”I’m sure everyone has some kind of story that’s hard to believe,” he said looking thoughtful before speaking once more. ”No I don’t believe you mentioned being an explorer. What did you find some treasure chest guarded by some big bad dragon Pokémon?” he asked teasingly.
[break][break]
He wished his brothers had taken a card out of her book. And had been wary of rapidash at first. ”Yeah wasn’t expecting my brothers to try and copy me. I guess with me having helped take care of them for so long they saw me as some kind of role model,” he said with a small rueful smile.
[break][break]
Eventually she started given him pointers. When he heard that he was a bit ahead of where she needed him he nodded remaining in the stance before retrieving and nocking it. He took in an account he way his hair moved to figure out which direction the wind was blowing before exhaling and letting the arrow fly towards the target.
[break][break]
Even before it but he realized it would hit a bit higher than he attended. ”I forgot to take in account the weight of the bow,” he realized as he eyed the target. ”I’m more use to the weight of a sword or throwing knives.”[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 5:10:36 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While Shalin wasn't great at reading body language, it was obvious enough to her that he didn't seem to be a fan of firearms either. "The way I look at it is since I know how to ride a Pokémon, it would be better for me to focus on learning to fight at range." After all, the Shiny Beedrill's stings were more than capable of skewering anyone foolish enough to get close to her. Perhaps the most painful sting in the world, the rear barb of a Beedrill, especially one the size of the one she rode, was often enough to strike fear into the hearts of even the hardiest fighters.

Expectations set, Shalin shared her story of the origins of the Avian Bow. "You're not that far off, actually! It's a relic of the first known trainers of bird Pokémon. , Fortree's Gym Leader, has one just like this." She took another shot at the target before her, the wind itself seeming to guide the arrow to its center.

Shalin observed Mikael's practice, smiling when she noticed his shot were at least hitting the target, though not as centered as he may have liked. "You've got a lot of natural talent for a beginner. The most important thing is learning your own margins of error and adjusting to them. When you take your next shots, look down the shaft, see where you end up relative to where you're aiming, and adjust accordingly."

{WC: 245}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 14:40:57 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”That’s fair I’m a knight first and foremost though, close range is what I’m best at. But I do realize sometimes it’s better to fight at a distance. Sometimes fighting in close quarters can lead to a disadvantage,” he told her a bit to caught up in what they were talking about to realize he had mentioned being a knight. Not that he was trying to keep it some big secret. It just wasn’t something he causally brought up.
[break][break]
The only reason it had come up with was because of her status. Finding out she was royalty had caught him off guard. However if someone were to ask him on how he had acquired his skills he wouldn’t lie. He would tell them just how he had acquired his skills since he hated lying.
[break][break]
He listened as she shared her story. And apparently she wasn’t the only one with such a weapon. ”That must’ve been an interesting experience. And any experience where you gain something out of it is a good one,” he commented. Even if when one talked about gaining something from an experience they usually meant a lesson.
[break][break]
The young man watched as she fired an arrow before attempting to do so himself, falling a bit short but still getting close. ”I’ve always been a quick study when it comes to weapons and you’re a good teacher. I’m pretty good at doing well at something when given clear directions. It’s why I always use a recipe when I cook and people say my food taste good as long as use a recipe.” [break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 5:47:43 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Every trainer and every fighter was different. Some preferred raw power. Others preferred finesse. Still others loved raw speed as a weapon. All were viable tactics in war. "I don't have the strength to use a sword like you do," Shalin admitted. It took a very different kind of strength to hold onto a bucking Pokémon than it did to cut through flesh and bone. "And ranged combat can have its disadvantages, too."

It seemed Mikael did believe Shalin's far-fetched story, after all. "Heh, I've got seven more stories like it to share with you. If we spend some more time together, maybe I'll share them with you!" Each one was just as crazy, if not more so, than the one she had shared.

Learning from clear directions was easier for some people. Others, like Shalin, learned best from experimentation. "Alright, I think I'm going to give the mounted archery course here a try. Wish me luck!" Her quiver full of AVIAN ARROWS, she once more took a seat on her Flygon's back. The insect dragon's wings hummed as the two prepared for flight. The excited female giggled, Sandy getting a rise out of her from putting on a sharp but brief spurt of BUG BUZZ-fueled vibration.

{WC: 208}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 17:48:43 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Now that she mentioned it she looked like she would be better when it came to attacks that required speed then strength. With his body type he’d already been fairly suited for the life of a knight. All it had taken was to get some food into him and fill him out. Get him always from his half starved form, then he had been able to start on his training.
[break][break]
”Everyone has what they’re good at,” they said nodded to what they said about disadvantages. ”True every fighting style has its disadvantages. And it’s not cowardice to retreat if you have to. Sometimes retreating can make the difference between living and dying or risking the life of someone or saving that life.”
[break][break]
So that wasn’t her only story of her adventures. Well he always did enjoy a good story. To the point his brothers had joked about him having become a bard if he hadn’t become a knight. ”I would enjoy listening to them if that were to happen. I’ve always enjoyed a good story,” they said to the woman.
[break][break]
Hearing what she said he nodded. ”Think I’ll just stick to shooting from the ground for now,” they told Shalin as he notched another arrow to try again. [break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 7:36:22 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Beedrill were deadly, both in melee and at range. Their TWINEEDLE could inject venom into even distant targets, and her own Beedrill's could even curve them around cover. The dangers of being close to one could not be understated; unscrupulous folks harvested Beedrill venom for a reason. It was one of the most potent contact poisons in the world, and was easy to harvest in large quantities due to how rapidly the bug-type multiplied.

"I can relate to that all too well," Shalin smiled, having been put in more than one tricky situation even so early in her tenure with Verdanturf. "I'm not even fully-fledged with Verdanturf's Rangers and I've already had to run away from one assignment that I was in over my head."

With a nod, Shalin waved to Mikael one more time. "Shouldn't be more than a couple minutes!" She turned to face forward, bow in hand. "Alright, Sandy, just follow the course's trail!" With that, the Flygon leaped into the air and fluttered along the path as instructed, her rider nocking an arrow and staring down rainbow-colored targets at varying distances. Each colored ring had a point value. With there only being five targets and two passes across each, she would have to be fast and accurate to make any of the target scores listed on the sign near the start. There was also her Flygon's wings to contend with; not only would the vibration upset her aim, but she had to shoot around them, as well.

{WC: 251}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 15:15:50 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg2"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Considering her style of Pokémon he knew that learning a close range weapon wasn’t needed. Her own Pokémon would take care of the close range part if someone got too close to her. His own Pokémon probably would be good at any range, depending on what Pokémon he had out. He liked being able to defend himself though.
[break][break]
Listening to what she had to say he nodded. ”I haven’t had the problem since joining the officers but I had that problem a few times before making my way to Hoenn. However there are also times when running would be the best outcome but you’re unable to,” he told her his thoughts momentarily straying to his late siblings and friends before he pushed thoughts of them out of his head.
[break][break]
”Have fun,” he said waving before notching another arrow. Once she had left he released a little sigh. Talking about running and not having the opportunity to flee was hard. It made him think too much on losing everything. Then again not much was needed to make him think about that kind of stuff.
[break][break]
He mentally shook himself. Now was not the time to be dragged down memory lane. Letting out another breath he took aim, remembering everything Shalin had taught him, and fired. The sign of the arrow hitting the bullseye made him smile.
[break][break]
The young man knew not to get to happy though. He would have to keep practicing until he could hit the bullseye every time. Something he knew he knew he wouldn’t accomplish during his first lesson.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg2 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]