2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
safe harbour [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 16:05:12 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Broken shale cracks under the weight of booted feet as Skyler stumbles into a protected cove cradled between winding tunnels. Dim light filters in through a hole at the top, pooling pale and ghostly on the hollows of her face.

Turns out, fighting a war is exhausting business. 

Skyler leans against the closest vertical surface, uncaring for the jutting edges that scrape against the skin of her back. She's felt this before, this bone-deep exhaustion that weights heavy on her eyelids and shoulders.

It doesn't matter that she wills scrapes and bruises to disappear, that bones crack back into position and flesh knits itself into unmarred perfection. She's only human and agony leaves its imprint long after it's faded away.

When she wills the Aqua Rings to reappear, they're a fickle shadow of their usual selves. She's barely healed the scrapes before they flicker out and she's left, again, in the alien-like gloom.

She tries again. And again.

Just a moment to breathe, she tells herself. Just a moment.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 17:28:48 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Piece of shit. Giving up on the communication device that has nothing left to give except broken static, Angelo banishes it to the depths of his pocket, frustrated. No doubt it had been fried or crushed during the skirmishes down here. 

In the distance, past a field of bioluminescent seaweed and patrolling forces, shivers a primal rift. 

He doesn't sneak through however, instead Angelo had tucked himself behind a jutting of coral-shaped rocks, thoughts drifting to .

Last he'd heard from her, she'd been in the deep sea, too but that had been a while ago and now, his comms were fucked... 

She could be anywhere down here.

There's a jolt deep within the pilot's mind, then. Guiding his attention, like some part of him a compass arrow, suddenly swinging north. An urge to follow as a navigator would.   

Angelo turns his back on the exit, following intuition's calling. 

It guides his aching, sore limbs back into the deep. Past an inky black trench, down a slope that threatened to slip out under his feet and through claustrophobically narrow tunnels... 

Until there she is, spotlighted beneath dim shafts of light. Scraped up. Slumped. Exhaustion rolling off Skyler in waves he swears he can feel it. 

Angelo doesn't hesitate at the threshold. 

Hey, sunshine,” he reaches out, warmth of his palm gently covering her hand that manifests dwindling rings. “You found yourself a good hiding place.

He squeezes. 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 18:09:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She's tense the moment a shadow creeps at edge of her newfound sanctuary, aching limbs settling into a fighting stance - Arceus, she'd only asked for a single fucking minute, was that too much? - while fingertips dance over the spherical shape of a pokeball.

It's not until the beloved shape of her husband is fully visible under the filtered light that Skyler allows herself a full sigh of relief, deflating back against the rock wall.

"Angel," the nickname rolls from her tongue in a hushed whisper, comforting in its familiarity. Exhaustion pulls at the edge of a lopsided smile. Uniquely his. "Hey."

The motion to intertwine her fingers in his, to fold her body to fit by his side, is as natural as breathing. Her cheek rests atop the curve of his shoulder, breath creeping up the slope of his neck. 

The world quiets, then disappears outside the bubble of their reunion. Skyler breathes deeply, allowing herself to finally rest.

She has to make a conscious effort to keep her eyes open, but it's an uphill battle isn't quite sure she wants to win anymore.

"Glad you decided to make it out in one piece. I was expecting at least one stab wound. You seem to collect them." Then, as if remembering the conflict that still raged outside, she abruptly pulls back to give Angelo a cursory look. Up and down. Again.

Aqua Rings flicker into existence, only to flicker out the next moment. 

The captain grits her teeth. Tries again.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 19:16:57 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Hey,” he finds himself repeating on quieter tones, tugged softly from his breath on the hook of Skyler's smile. Weariness weighed at the corners, and yet still given to him. 

Unspoken, they click together like reunited magnets pulling one another into their orbit. Angelo drapes his arm around her shoulders, encouraging Skyler to lean against him. Tucking her close. 

And for a moment, the deep sea gives them a break.

Tension rolls off muscles, breath slowing as they steal respite for themselves within this obscure, gloomy nook the war would likely never find.

Blonde curls tickle against his nose as he eventually feels Skyler relax in his arms, her exhales inching towards a peaceful rhythm against his neck. With the slightest tilt of his head, a tender kiss ghosts his wife's forehead.      

When her voice breaks the tranquillity, his lips linger against her sweat stained skin in a smile. “I thought about it, but I couldn't decide if a scar on my leg or my stomach would look better. Then I ran out of time.

Their light-hearted comments are as fleeting as the fickle wind. 

Suddenly, Skyler is frantically looking over him as if caught up in an old nightmare. Light flickering in her palms as she tries to siphon water from a parched well. 

Sky, I'm fine. Really. I can handle some cuts and scrapes. Used to do it all the time.

His hands take to either side of her face, just firm enough to make sure she looks nowhere but blue.

I've got some first aid stuff in my pack, if you wanna do it the old fashioned way,” a thumb brushes against cheekbone as a tired smile lets out a cheeky little spark, as if attempting to smooth away bad memories - or frazzled stubbornness. 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 20:32:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
His comment surprises a rough bark of laughter from tired lungs, its warmth proudly rising in defiance of all the violence and ruin from the past however many hours. Like the conflict outside can simply be batted aside, and with it all the exhaustion that threatens to drag her down.

When Skyler buries her face in the crook of Angelo's neck, she thinks it might as well have been.

And when she pulls back in concern, she's met with the soft pad of his fingers on either of her face. Centering her. Pulling her back from whatever memory had taken her. An anchor to her storm.

A shaky breath stutters out of her, and with it the furious stubborness that would've pitted her against 's own. She hardly had the strength for it.

"I know." Words struggle to form past the knot in her throat, then tumble gracelessly out. "I know. I just wanted to make sure." That you're here with me, uninjured. Well.

Alive. 

Anything else would've been unacceptable. 

"I'll do it any way you like as long as you can convince me, Angel. Even if it's old-fashioned." His spark is infectious, and as his thumb rests over her cheek she can't help but lean against the warmth of it. Happy to be tangled up in within this cocoon they'd carved for themselves. 

Skyler peeks over his shoulder, searching for the first aid stuff he'd mentioned. "Lemme do you first."

Before she started snoring or, Arceus-forbid, drooling on him.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 11:58:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Words tumble out on the tail end of a shaky exhale, 's admission awkwardly tripping over one another. 

Angelo barely hears her. Pulled in to look beyond what lay behind a turbulent set of tired, silver eyes. Further than he'd explored before.

Following the unseen tether that links them, Angelo finds himself hit by a swell of feeling. Exhaustion, worry, love... all shivering down a connection that bound him to Skyler. 

Air catches breathless in his throat as the emotions pool, ocean deep, in his chest for all but a brief moment.

Then it falls startlingly silent.

Skyler shifts away, looking for the medical supplies that he had promised and Angelo finds his attention disjointed with the move. Striking him with the feeling that a plug had suddenly been pulled from his head.

He blinks, a hint of pressure forming behind his eye as focus realigns. “Yeah... Sure thing, sunshine.

Together they sit down on the cold cavern floor, beneath the glow of a sparse beam of light. Angelo digs through his gear to pass her the roll of gauze he'd promised, fingers brushing against a procured treat he'd forgotten.

Here.” It's a little crushed from the scuffle, but he offers one of the granola bars he'd stolen from  anyway. “Got this for you. Eat it before we go, alright?

They'd been fighting for a while. He wonders when the last time Skyler ate or rested was... 

Waiting until she takes it, Angelo carefully begins to peel off his jacket. Quietly, a hiss leaks between clenched teeth as fabric sticks to raw flesh, small burns from a scatterbang dotting his arm. 

It took his mind off the beginnings of a damn headache, at least... 

Okay, I'm ready. Do me.” 

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 14:41:07 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Angelo would find himself standing on gentle shores with an ocean lapping at his feet. He doesn't wade in far enough to find the pitiless riptides that would drag him under, down into depths of an all-consuming feral devotion. 

One day, maybe. He is an expert navigator, and no treacherous tides would make him lose direction. Least of all hers.

All of this goes right over Skyler's head, of course. Her concerns are of a more practical manner, like the rumbling of her belly when Angelo produces a granola bar from somewhere within his person. 

One would think he'd offered her the coffers of El Dorado with the way her face lights up with ravenous longing. The words are barely out of his mouth before Skyler snatches the offered granola bar from his hand and rips the plastic open.

It's immediately shoved (nearly in its entirety) into her mouth. 

"Hmm... S'good." The tasteless arrangement of cereal feels like a heavenly feast, and Skyler moans accordingly. In her mind, she makes a note to properly thank Angelo later - preferably when they aren't stuck in the Ultra Sea. 

The laser-like focus of her attention shifts to his wound at the hiss. Chewing still, they sit on the ground and she cradles his injured arm between her hands gently. Materials are put aside, and she begins the painstakingly slow process of cleaning and tending to his wound. The old-fashioned way.

Strange, the wave of nostalgia that envelops her then.

"Arceus' tits, Angel, who did you piss off?" She bites down on a piece of gauze and it splits apart. With practised movements, she starts wrapping it around the burn.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 15:48:33 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Saliva pools beneath his tongue. He hadn't been planning on breaking into the last granola bar, not until Skyler begins wolfing hers down with delighted moans. Her radiating pleasure however, makes for a convincing argument to indulge.

Fumbling to open the wrapper with one hand, eventually Angelo breaks into it. Crumbs scattering as he tears a bite out of the unstable bar, oats dry and vaguely sweet.   

It tastes like bliss, after a day and evening wrapped in gruelling warfare. 

Still, Angelo ends up nearly spitting out his second mouthful, burns stinging in protest when Skyler begins to carefully clean them. “Mmm- fucking ow.

Chews turn slow, using his mouthful as a distraction.  

Some little spitfire outside Dewford,” he recounts, thinking back to the peppy rocket woman () who'd managed to slip through his fingers. “Chased her off one of the league supply vessels. Made sure she didn't get away with anything worth what she paid for, but she left some scatterbangs behind.” And one munchlax, burned to death on the deck. 

While he shares information on some of his encounters, Angelo watches her work out of the corner of his eye.

It stings more, the old-fashioned way, but there's a tenderness in the caress of Skyler's busy, callused fingers that he realised he'd missed. 

Blue eyes linger on the reveal of teeth, admiring the expert rip of the gauze between Skyler's canines... 

Yep. 

C'mon, it's your turn. Show me what you've got.” He reaches out once she's done with his arm, palm flat and waiting for the bandages. What remained of his injuries superficial, cuts and bruises from punches. 

No stab wounds this time. He'd gotten lucky.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 16:36:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
For a moment it seems as if Skyler would fight him on it, fingers tightening claw-like around the roll of gauze. A silver gaze snags on the cuts and bruises over his skin, but she knows that these are surface-level scrapes, inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

She pinches the edge of his shirt between her fingers and pulls it up, taking her sweet time to admire peer up the length of his torso and concluding that, yes, she is a very lucky woman indeed.

No life-threatening wounds there either.

Ultimately, she concedes the first aid materials to Angelo with a too-smug little smile that hints at a different kind of appetite.

"I managed to heal most of mine, except- hold on." Faint bruises dot the athletic landscape of her arms and legs, but little else beyond that. She breathes in through her nose once, twice. Mentally standing her ground.

Fingers curl around her shirt, and an intricate web of expletives explodes from her mouth when she pulls it up. It snags around her head, and Skyler snarls and yanks it off, exposing the bleeding gash across her ribs.

The one she'd been trying to heal before.

Mottled purple expands outwardly from its bleeding edges, hinting at a violent crash. Skyler peers down, pain and exhaustion coloring her voice. "'Least the bones aren't broken anymore."

Unlike her husband, no story is forthcoming. She keeps the casual brutality of the encounter to herself: the shriek of an Origin Pulse that had sent the ceiling crashing in on her, the certainty that this time she wouldn't live to tell the tale, the painstaking process of clawing her way back to life.

"Be gentle, yeah?" There's a joke somewhere in there, but it's lost in the lines of her exhaustion. 
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 18:00:22 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
One of the top ten things I thought I'd never hear Skyler Dross say,” thankfully, Angelo is there to pick up the frayed end of her attempted joke.

Its delivery is as gentle as she requests. As the squeeze he takes to the appealing curve of his wife's thigh, softening the inevitable sting of cleaning alcohol pressed to her open wound that comes after.

As carefully as labour roughened digits can, Angelo begins to wipe away the blood from the large gash that had sliced across her ribs. He imagines a bone piercing through beloved skin by her admission, his jaw tightening.

Working in silence. 

Arms up, Dross.” Comes the order, before the sticky rip of gauze being unrolled. 

Shifting himself closer, so that his breath tickles hot against the exposed skin of Skyler's chest, arms encase either side of her torso as he methodically starts to wrap her in bandages. 

Around and around, and around... 

Satisfied he'd patched her up best he could, like they'd done before the days of Sootopolis, Angelo tears off the end with his teeth.

He sits up, dragging his gaze thoughtfully from his work. Up scarred, bruised skin until heavy eyes meet silver, dulled with exhaustion. “How's that?” 

The question exhales close to Skyler's cheek.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 18:41:15 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Mmm..." Her nerves should've been frazzled from the agony that pulses in her side, but even that doesn't take away from the sensation of fingers squeezing into her thigh. A shiver echoes up the curve of her spine, and it's all Skyler can do not to lean into it.

"Ow- fuck!"

There's a sharp intake of breath between gritted teeth, but Angelo delivers on his promise and his touch is a gentle one against her abused flesh. It still stings, and Skyler still curses him out every time he touches a particularly painful spot. 

But she doesn't squirm or move way. This is a ritual they've enacted countless times, patching each other up, taking care of each other.

She dutifully raises her arms when he orders her to, although the words 'say please' tether dangerously on the tip of her tongue. Defiance is a knee-jerk reaction, but one that is more suited to the place between soft bedsheets than a battlefield.

That is, until Angelo's breath fans over the skin of her collarbone as he works and suddenly the frantic staccato of her heartbeat thunders to the surface.

Unbidden, the edge of her blunt nails whispers over the back of his neck and upwards into his scalp. Holding tight.

By the time he sits up Skyler's eyes are liquid silver, peeking from under heavy lids. The hand still woven into his hair nudges him forward, uncaring for the twitch of pain from her side as she brings him down to the hunger of her kiss. 

(It isn't long before she's caging him between the warmth of her thighs.)
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 20:53:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Contrary to the name, there isn't an ocean to drown in, in the ultra deep sea. Regardless, that doesn't stop Angelo from feeling pulled under, until the surface world muffles and blurs.

Submerged. Weightless. Breathless

Skyler knows well by now the rake of nails up the back of his neck strips away what thin layer of restraint he has, and so he knows what's wanted of him by the time heavy eyes lock into place.

Lips are already on the way to meet her by the time impatient fingers speed the journey, Angelo taking the hunger of her kiss. Feeds it.

(Pushing through a muffled grunt of pain, arm stinging something fierce, he tugs hips flush.)

It creeps in slowly, barely noticed at first as Angelo lets the sensation of their kiss drown out the fatigue of battles hard fought and turmoil weathered. Until suddenly the water rushes in twofold, and he feels compelled to bask in the intense surge of emotion, as he is breathless. 

He's the one to break their kiss first. Panting quietly and somewhat bewildered. 

Later,” Angelo rasps, quiet voice. Discomfort swells behind his eye again.

Even through the blooming of a headache however, he can hear the sounds of conflict that had clattered and roared had grown near still... 

Somewhere in the ultra deep sea, a connection finds Angelo even when he's tucked in this secluded, obscure nook. Telling him its safe to return back to the primal rift, that the end was in sight. 

Angelo gives his wife one last encouraging squeeze on those warm thighs of hers. “Ready to get the hell out of here?

He'd come all this way so they could leave this hellhole together, after all. 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 23:34:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: