Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
BESTIES BESTIES BESTIES!!! (RR)
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 20:38:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Since the league's loss at ULTRA DEEP SEA, rocket has gained a more aggressive tune. Creating disturbances in the cities, disrupting beloved national celebrations - there was very little this power hungry organization hadn't been drunkenly ruining through their spree of newfound confidence.
[break][break]

Most importantly, however, were their attacks on the other rifts. Looking to extend and repeat their victories, there had been reports of hyper activity on multiple fronts, springing forth the need of not only Penelope's intervention, but the champion himself, .
[break][break]

Demounting her Charizard, the Councilwoman looked out to the bustling city of Fortree and drew a deep breath.
[break][break]

"At least things look relatively normal," she smiled, casting a side-long look at . Together, they made headway toward the rift, passing by the various parades of young children or the clamor of townspeople preparing for the incoming summer festivals.
[break][break]

"By the way, you look good."
[break][break]
Better than others, she wanted to say.
[break][break]

"No serious injuries, right?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-charizard"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 2:36:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he clings on his ninetales, hugging him close to combat the heat of thirty-five degrees celsius that felt like forty-one degrees.

eyes stare at penelope as she dismounts her pokemon, having waited for her in the designated meeting spot. he's just muscle for this operation, he convinces himself, so he doesn't have to worry about the specifics of thigns.

"does mental damage count?" he asks.

kyle didn't care however that may be interpreted by the councilwoman since it may most likely be true after their prolonged trip to ultra deep sea. he's had his sygna suit, but he'd always find an opportunity to deactivate it and losing its effect in the long run.

"unless we get actual psychos, i think we're good." he sighs, recalling a few encounters with rockets that attack a trainer directly. "i trained this one defensively, so we're good."

it was a stretch, but it counts if it's better option over others.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 17:25:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The rifts weren't too far out. just a quick walk from where they first landed. Together, as fire and ice, they made strides toward it.
[break][break]
"Mental damage definitely does count," the comment was tucked behind a dry chuckle, and worried eyes washed over the rest of him. From all outer appearances, this Kyle was no different than the one she'd first met, and no different than the one she'd grown closer to these last couple months.
[break][break]
But still.
[break][break]
"You know, you could also take a break. Champs need time to recover, too."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 9:45:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a break was nice. he already does when he could afford it, but more often than not, the situation all over the region still moves him to a position where he needs to be available in a moment's notice.

"i would if i could," he answers with a sigh. "but it's fine. i'm barely doing the minimum, so it works out."

he's not sure if he should divulge it to a councilwoman, but at this point, kyle could barely care.

"anyways, don't worry about me." his hand waves dismissively in front of him. "i'm not like the rest of you guys who push things to the limit. someone needs to moderate themselves to pick up the pieces after everyone's been spent."

just like today.

everyone else had injuries that needed something more than patching up, or had their main pokemon injured enough to need more than a day's rest. fatigue is the worst thing kyle has to be mindful about, but it wasn't his first time working under such conditions.

"if you want me to take a break, then let's just finish this investigation and head back soon." he smiled, but it looked forced.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 3:45:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Despite his best efforts to dismiss her worry, Penelope latched onto something he mentioned. Something so small that most would've easily overlooked it, distracted by obstacles set out before them. But not her. Not this time.
[break][break]
"Barely doing the minimum," she teased, eyebrows raised, and a smile quirked. "Maybe I should hand you some of my work instead, then. Y'know, since 's gone and all."
[break][break]
Between the mountains and mountains of paperwork and never-ending meetings, the council of two had less and less time for themselves. Even today's adventures were considered some sort of break in her eyes.
[break][break]
Together, as they spoke, they managed to make it to their guard post at the rift. The area around them looked vacant of any oddities. Just the occasional crumble of a dried leaf.
[break][break]
"Could be a morale boost to see our champion chiming in here and there."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 4:35:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"shouldn't you be trying to win me over?" he tries to argue, borderline whining. "you know i could always retire from being top champion and live with aqua initiative money."

but he won't. he finds himself unable to, at least for now.

they reach their destination. their welcome committee wasn't exactly the most excited, but it's to be expected when everyone has tried to get themselves involved during the battle on ultra deep sea and was exhausted as a result.

"as long as it's one and done." he sighs. "let's get this over with."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 3:44:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You could," she agreed.
[break][break]
But he wouldn't. Or, at least, it felt as though he wouldn't. There was something tugging his heart along the line of duty, same as her, and everyone back at league hq. It was a fickle thing, this line. The way it pulls and tugs at them, persistent despite all odds.
[break][break]
When they arrive, it was without the welcoming committee they expected. No matter. The job was simple enough.
[break][break]
Hands stuffed in her pockets, the councilwoman gave a soft whistle.
[break][break]
"Actually," she began, eyes cast out toward the distant and hazy horizon. There was no telling the prospects of their day. It could easily go either way. "Speaking of it; I've seriously been thinking it'd be nice to see our champion around more of our council meetings."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 3:21:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
[player]https://vgmsite.com/soundtracks/persona-4-original-soundtrack/ayyrsguv/1-08%20Your%20Affection.mp3[/player]

the music playing in his head stops when penelope puts a thought in his head. "what for?" he asks.

what would have normally been a quickdraw of excuses on a chance of extra responsibility has been replaced with a hint of curiosity.

"there's a reason why i don't talk much on our aqua meetings though." he doesn't talk, but he listens. whenever it's time for him to open his mouth, it's usually just to keep the harmony of the conversation. "do you think there's something else i can add to the table? i'm pretty sure fernando already has the pragmatic perspective taken care of."

if there was one thing that felt bad with being overshadowed, it's being overshadowed by someone who shares the same trope as you, though kyle doesn't really mind in this case. he just finds it pointless.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights