Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 5:37:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Talks of the morning's initial attack and the aftermath of Rocket's siege of ULTRA DEEP SEA drew into the deep afternoon of the several spanning days following the league's defeat.
[Break][break]
Victories had been won, battles had been fought, but it was Rocket that held the final triumphant stand.
[Break][break]
Exhausted, at today's meeting's end, Penelope wasted no time in collecting her belongings.
[Break][break]
It was during this she stole a simple side glance of the man who stood beside her. .
[Break][break]
"If you need assistance with your part in 's workload, let me know."
[Break][break]
An olive branch of sorts.
[Break][break]
"I can help wherever needed."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 6:05:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PRESSURE

POST POSTDORMITUM

“THAT WON’T BE NECESSARY,” is her second dismissal of the day. “it won’t be the first time i’ve had to cover for an anderson.

the implication goes beyond just the HEAD RANGER. for all the talks about silphs and nepotism, their family has represented hoenn well.

one fallen in the line of duty. another being the longest serving member of their illustrious council. can the same be said about the other family who stains the league in their failures?

no.

it cannot.

however, we should talk.

his only good eye strays to his wrist out of courtesy. he already knows his schedule well ahead of time. and by extension, hers too.

do you have a moment? in private?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 6:32:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A private conversation with the ?
[break][break]

That was the furthest thing from good news.
[break][break]

Alas, there was no denying the request of a peer. Especially when it was clear they were both well aware of her freed afternoon.
[break][break]

"Sure. Your office?"
[break][break]

It was closer than hers.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 7:08:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PRESSURE

POST POSTDORMITUM

“THAT’LL SUFFICE.”

a bit more political than his usual diction. the common use of more informal (by his standard), such as ‘indeed’, has been scrubbed clean. a consequence to the constant hearings they’ve been subjected to in their thorough defeat.

hours backfilling follow up meetings with and on behalf of has turned him into a drone. prime and proper for the nuance politics demand.

and like his persona, his office is just as bare. empty and void of anything that does not serve purpose. minimal in contrast to the man that many say, has everything.

remind me livy,” he makes sure the door closes behind him. “what is our purpose?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 0:18:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The question was patronizing. An absolute waste of time.
[break][break]

Narrowed eyes swept the bare room in slow, low-reaching arcs as she took a small pause to answer.
[break][break]

No wonder most employees left his chambers with such taut smiles - the simplicity of the room was anxiety inducing on its own. Nevermind the man that came tact along with it.
[break][break]

"Silph,"
[break][break]

She hated calling him that. It reminded her too much of .
[break][break]

"if you have something to say, just say it."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 1:47:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PRESSURE

POST POSTDORMITUM

“LIVY,” he retorts with heavy disdain. “if i thought you had the mental capacity to understand what i have to say, i would have.

stern words have a tendency to drop lower. his volume is just as vacant as his office. the silent calm before the storm.

but recent allegations have swayed me away from that notion. so, i must hear it from you myself.

it only takes one eye to bear down on her with all his scrutiny.

as council members, as members hoenn’s league, what is our purpose?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:33:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Recent allegations?
[break][break]

.[break][break]

[break][break]

Oh.
[break][break]

Penelope straightened her back, not daring to allow Fernando's biting words to be her downfall. In some ways, she understood a piece of his frustrations. Had it been anyone else, she would've been in his position, berating the unlucky fool who'd thought it wise to make a mockery out of the league. Ironic how some things turn out.
[break][break]

"To ensure Hoenn's future."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 7:02:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PRESSURE

POST POSTDORMITUM

“…”

her answer is correct. it is exactly what he wants to hear. but her answer brings him no peace and her no reprieve. for that are some wrongs that cannot be corrected. no matter how much lip service she gives, actions speak louder than any politician’s words.

i am glad we are still aligned on that front.

they face each other as the only two members of the council. but he does not see her as such. she is just as green as the day she started. perhaps greener.

do you remember when i asked you if you thought you could take down groudon?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 17:38:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"How could I forget?"[break][break]

Being berated under freezing temperatures, surrounded by the frozen carcasses of forgotten souls was not a memory easily forgotten.
[Break][break]
And, despite her best efforts to avoid it, a similar conversation looked to be budding between them. At this least this one would be done under easier conditions.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 7:15:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PRESSURE

POST POSTDORMITUM

“I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THAT,” he says to the same tune. “i realize now that i asked the wrong question.

she should recognize it by now. the cycle of his discussion. but just anticipating is not enough to brace for impact.

but, on that topic, do you think could rise to the challenge?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 7:30:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She blinked at the question, hesitant.
[break][break]

While this conversation was warranted, there was little she wanted to divulge with the man of crippling frost. Even casual conversation was out of the question. And yet, here she was, forced to endure another lecture.
[break][break]

"I think he would rise to any challenge he was asked to. Matias or otherwise," she sighed, eyes motioning toward the windows. The weather looked clear today. What a waste.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 7:54:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PRESSURE

POST POSTDORMITUM

“I CONCUR,” is his way of ferrying the conversation over to his side. “and if they couldn’t, we have and and so on. there will always be another trainer to rise up to the challenge.

her wandering eye does not go amiss. whatever attention she refuses to give him is instead stolen by his choice of flattery: mimicry. they parallel, looking out the window. one sees perfect weather. the other sees whats at risk.

how about this? who can break down the chemical process of mega evolution in pokemon? who can describe the ecological impact primal rifts have on our environment?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 21:57:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Two pairs of eyes stared out, one considered what was at stake, while the other considered the redundancy of another lecture. Another attempt for someone to belittle, besmudge, and disparage the councilwoman for a decision she'd already begun to swallow the regret down for.
[break][break]

The snaking of his directive influence over the conversation earned a placid side glance.
[break][break]

" ," her voice sounded tight, as though a smoldering flame were developing beneath the underbelly of her docile smile. "That is the answer you're looking for, right?"
[break][break]

Burning embers flickered in the golden pools of her eyes. They shifted back to the safety of the window and the world beyond .
[break][break]

"If you're looking to talk about that, then go ahead with it. I've already said what I needed to - nothing here will change that. So, given that, I'd appreciate it if we can speed this along. Maybe jump a few of these trivial questions you love so damn much."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 22:32:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PRESSURE

POST POSTDORMITUM

“IS THAT SO?”

silence mulls an infinite amount of questions. there’s so many ways to start this. so many ways to dissect the human body and its many passages. but all it takes is one obstruction for the hate in his veins to clot into something fatal.

then humor me, livy. what do you see in him?

his lips twist into a frown deeper than the pit of his envy.

what about him makes you so willing to sacrifice this institution and your principles.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PRESSURE
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 22:59:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His question made her cringe.
[Break][break]
And yet, despite herself, a million different answers appeared in her mind. Thoughtless tendrils to which tethered herself to him.
[Break][break]
What was it about him that drew her in, then?
[Break][break]
Was it his passion?
[Break][break]
The one that often drives him to the most maddening actions.
[Break][break]
Was it his capability to understand what could not?
[Break][break]
Which often did little to bridge the rift of opinions that always seemed to tear them into conflict.
[Break][break]
Or was it his power? His inexplicably raw pool of unkept potential? Potential to enforce change. To create the results he desires most.
[Break][break]
No, it had to be something more. Something that pierced the surface of superficial attributes obtained by reckless endeavors.
[Break][break]
And yet, her unfiltered ENVY begged to differ.
[Break][break]
" is someone whose dedicated years of his life to the league and acts as one of our greatest assets. Beyond his sheer dedication, I see someone with the unlimited potential to provide for the region. Which he does."
[Break][break]
She paused, never daring to break her eye contact with the window. It glared back down at her in disappointment.
[Break][break]
"But, as I reported to , my actions were not without the manipulations of The Borders. Should it not have been for that, I would never have made that mistake. Not for him, not for anyone."

[break][break]