Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 21:31:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Lab Rats

Testing. Ft. ,

He hadn't heard of any in-depth investigation into avatars– into the mechanics of Avatarship. Not from the league, at any rate. Human rights were of little consequence to Rocket, so he didn't doubt they had the leg up on them in that regard.

And since he had learned from their last defeat that he could expect to recover from most anything... he had gone ahead and submitted an offer to their labs, of himself as a legally willing guinea pig.

Not the kind choice a well adjusted human being made, probably.

He'd been out of it since the battle ended. Friends and pokemon alike had been unwillingly sacrificed for a victory that never came; his many erroneous choices had filled Lele's garden with a number of coffins.

'Focus.'

He could make up for it. Somehow.

Trying to distract from his thoughts, he let his eyes roam the labs spread out around him.

The air was heavy with the smell of chemicals and the hum of machinery, lending the room a sense of otherworldliness.

Tapu Lele hovering around the place poking at every glass surface probably helped with that.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 0:34:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she never thought she'd see the day where tapu lele had returned to the science wing of headquarters.

it's bittersweet, she realizes with a barely there smile, but not painful anymore.

"thank you for volunteering, doug."

she announces her arrival with a simple hum of gratitude.

and while her eyes try to stay focused on doug, on the task at hand, she can't help the way her gaze wanders toward the island deity in the room.

there, they rest. familiarity comes naturally for the head scientist. after all, they used to share a bond not easily forgotten.

"it's been a while, tapu lele."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 0:42:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Only a few moments after Illeana enters the lab, Eva follows. She hides the exhaustion behind a well-groomed professional mask and sweet, soft smile. The permanent cup of coffee is hot and filled in one hand. A Swirlix waddles in alongside her, bringing with it a soothing AROMATHERAPY to calm any nerves that may be tickling their subject’s anxiety.

“Doug! So good to see you! It’s been too long,” too long indeed since they last spent any time together. Her emerald gaze then drifted to her science sister. It held reverence as well as a hint of concern. They had yet to debrief each other on the occurrences of their adventures through the Ultra Deep Sea. It would come with time. Right now, they had work to do, “Illeana,” she smiles, offering her colleague the second cup of coffee she had in her other hand, “Only if you want it,” Unfortunately, Doug couldn’t have anything prior to the tests, “Tapu Lele,” she greets next with a kind nod.

“Today we will perform a series of both physical and mental tests to better understand the relationship between Deity and Avatar. Do you have any questions before we begin, Doug?” she would let Illeana take the reins from here if she chose to. After all, she knew Tapu Lele better than Eva ever could.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 4:55:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Lab Rats

Testing. Ft. ,

"It's no prob." The youth says in response as he turns to the first scientist to arrive, eyes falling over Illeana Reyes. He pauses for a moment, eyes drifting upwards before focusing back on her. "John's fine too."

Despite their mutual history with Tapu Lele, they've never really spoken to one another outside of League business— nor had they spoken all that much during league business, either. Should he try making small talk...?

Tapu Lele's digit froze mid tap, her gaze turning towards Illeana silently as she tilted her head and used her tapping hand to wave— before she tapped the glass again.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/892597733599379476/Lele_is_here.mp3[/player]

He had only just opened his mouth to chastise the deity when the other head professor of the league arrived.

"Uh, same. Hi." He said blandly, falling silent as the Eva went on to address her colleague and Tapu Lele.

Once again, the deity seemed so thoroughly captivated by the glass she was (insistently) tapping, she barely granted the doctor an acknowledgement, making a humming sound.

"Is anyone other than you two gonna see this?" He asked as he stood up, moving to stand besides the entranced Tapu Lele. "I suppose that's a dumb question. Scratch that: Could we keep the specifics of my avatar abilities between ourselves?"

Hopefully understanding the avatar-deity relationship didn't require all of his abilities to be written down in detail.

"Anyway. I'm ready. How do we begin?"

Finally, Tapu Lele seemed to grow bored with tapping the glass, turning around and throwing her arms around Doug's neck, popping her head onto his shoulder lazily.

"Your hair's distracting."

Her hair antennae promptly swung up and into his eyesockets, slapping at his eye ball.

"ACK!"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 3:20:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]for a flickering moment, her lips quirk up into a slight smile. the island deity's wave is acknowledged with a wistful sort of sensation. they're nothing more than passing ships now, but they sure had been something in their bond's prime, hadn't they?

the smile redirects quickly, awkwardly, and gratefully toward as she sweeps into the room. already, it feels a little warmer with her presence: a sunbeam on an otherwise dreary day.

"eva," she brightens further with the cup of coffee settling comfortably against her fingers. "thank you."

's questions are normal worries, natural even, and she meets them head on.

"we can keep patient confidentiality should you wish for the report to not go higher than those in this room."

she does, however, narrow her eyes slightly. there is a way of analysis to them, as if looking for something she can't quite place.

"the commissioner would more than likely request the report, however, for the aqua initiative's files. would that be alright?"

telling no is a terrifying concept, but it could be done should he request it of them.

her eyes shift toward for a moment before returning to doug.

"dealer's choice. we could start slow with blood samples if you'd like?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 21:05:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s brightness dulled a bit as they somewhat awkward interactions began to unfold. She was surprised by Doug’s lack of enthusiasm. From what she remembered, he was normally a quite cheerful companion. It gave him a quirky charm she enjoyed being around. Now wanting to be called John? A rather apathetic greeting? Something seemed . . . off. Or maybe he was just nervous.

The Professor elected to table her concerns for now. There was no reason to dwell on something so uncertain. After handing the coffee off to , she set her tablet down on the nearby table, bringing it to life with a press of a button. The screen flared a bright white as she scrolled through some things to bring up the appropriate items for today.

“We value your trust, John,” she added on, agreeing with everything else Illeana already expressed in terms of the report from today’s meeting, “And, naturally, we’ll go at your pace. Some of these tests may be uncomfortable. There is no rush - if you need a break don’t hesitate to voice your concern.”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 2:55:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Lab Rats

Testing. Ft. ,

The youth was rubbing his irritated eye and trying to wrestle himself free from Tapu Lele's vice grip while Illeana ran him through his options, his slow, ocassional nods letting her know he was paying attention.

"Y-hrk! Yeah—! The commissioners'... fine! Gah!" He said mid-struggle, before finally giving up. "Fine! Have it your way."

She was their boss— and more importantly, there was little chance of of all people leaking the data to Rocket.

His mouth opened briefly as Eva spoke, eyes awash with something— but it and the words alike seemed to die out after a moment's thought, giving a small nod in their place before he turned his gaze over to Illeana.

"... Let's begin. Blood, yeah?" He said, awaiting for the scientists to do their thing. His torso was already exposed; if blood was needed, there were plenty of places to draw from.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 4:24:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a soft hum escapes and a note scribbled into his chart about the report's overseers follows before they fully begin.

"right, let's get started."

blood first requires the gathering of supplies. it takes a moment for her to collect them and pull a pair of sterile gloves onto freshly washed hands. once she does, she steps forward into his personal space with practiced ease.

"left arm, please."

a hand waits for him to extend the limb toward her. once he does, she ties the tourniquet around his bicep and swabs the crook of his arm with an alcohol pad.

"make a fist..."

it's soft, an idle command.

when he does, she locates the vein and inserts the needle to begin drawing blood into a small vial. a moment later and the needle is removed, the insertion site covered with a small gauze pad and bandaged up.

"good on the blood sample."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 3:53:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 When dealing with the unknown, it’s important to proceed with caution, more importantly so when that unknown involves another life. Setting a pace and boundaries would do them well, but that road was a two way street. Doug would need to be just as communicative in his concerns, desires, and limitations. His lack of response, therefore, troubles her.

Eva sits back while Illeana moves forward with collecting the samples. She busies herself preparing the test codes for the variables they would be screening for: Primal energy and infinity energy levels, basic blood work to assess his overall health, unknown variables, etc. The nitty gritty of it was for the machines.

Wide emerald eyes glance up from the device when she’s done, “Unnecessary, I’m sure,” she waves a hand at the bandage in Illeana’s hand, “John, will you please use your healing abilities to heal the wound on your arm?” she moves forward to record the phenomenon, “And allow us to collect some for analysis?”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 23:45:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Lab Rats

Testing. Ft. ,

He did as Illeana instructed and remained otherwise silent, barely seeming to register the needle go in.

"Needles were a lot scarier before my first stabbing." He said after a moment. "Wonder why; it's not like the pain's changed any."

Maybe getting his throat turned into a pincushion had given him some perspective.

Before his wits could remind him that the bandaging was unnecessary, Eva had already stepped in, brushing aside the supplies in place of a new set of instructions for him.

"I don't really—" Doug was halfway through trying to intersect Eva's words when his wound sealed shut without warning. "... have any control over it. Uh. Yet?"

He glanced at Tapu Lele as he said(asked) this. The Tapu remained silent, her eyes closed as she leaned lazily onto his shoulder, seemingly napping.

Rolling his eyes, he made another fist. His hand glowed a pink neon as scales began to emit from it, fluttering and dissipating in the air. Tapu Lele released a soft coo, but otherwise remained static.

"I can bring 'em out if I need to heal someone else. In my case tho, it just... happens." He said. "Never really occurred to me to stop it."

He didn't go out of his way to get injured on purpose; if he needed healing, it was usually pretty dire.

He looked around briefly, before perking up as if remembering something. Reaching for his discarded jacket, he fiddled with its pockets briefly, before producing the military's standard issue combat knife.

"I can try, though." He offered, moving to stab his hand—

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 0:47:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flushes pink with hot embarrassment, eyes widening.

it is unnecessary, 's correct in such an assessment. there is not one but two healers in the room. how could she forget?

"right."

she's about to step back, about to give space for to use his abilities in peace... when he makes a movement she does not expect.

"wait --"

her hand juts out before she can stop herself, snatching his hand out of the way of the knife.

and like clockwork, her eyes narrow as if he's a puzzle she can't quite figure out.

"is it easier for you to heal yourself or another person?"

after a moment, she releases his hand and offers hers, palm up.

"if it's the latter, cut mine instead."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 5:31:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Arceus help her, these two will be the death of her someday. Eva quickly forces herself into the heat of the situation after Illeana. She stands quickly, her chair scraping against the tile floor and her lab coat fluttering behind her like a cape. She swoops in beside them, holding both hands out to gently touch theirs and guide them away from each other.

Her emerald eyes bounce back and forth between them, a blend of authority and pleading, “How about no one gets stabbed,” she pauses for a breath, hoping they listen, “There are a lot of pokemon - and people - in need of healing,” another breath to see if they get what she’s saying, “Like, Pokecenters and hospitals full of them.”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 1:40:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Lab Rats

Testing. Ft. ,

At 's question, Doug froze mid-stab attempt, pursing his lips briefly and holding the knife's edge to his chin while considering her words.

Mercifully, Eva intervened before either of the Lele-folk did something reckless.

"I mean, yeah, but... kinda curious about the self-healin' now." He said wryly— though mercifully, he didn't try to wrench the knife away. "Aren't 'cha?"

It happened automatically in his case— but could he will it not to? Or was it out of his control?

Still. He could more or less see where Illeana and Eva were coming from. The doctor specifically was all but pleading with them to not be so... reckless? Careless?

"Uh, nevermind— guess we can leave self-harm for later." He conceded after a moment. Setting the knife down on the table, the youth glanced between the two women. "So should we have some injured pokemon brought over, or...?"

He paused, before raising a hand and staring at it, as if thinking about something.

"... Huh. Right." He said, before raising a digit, from which a glowing scale rose. "Could it be possible to examine these, maybe?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Lab Rats [Eva/Illeana]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 3:31:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while is truly the voice of reason amongst them, illeana suppresses a light frown from forming on her lips.

healing comes in different forms... for , for herself, and the urge to compare them has never been as strong as now.

and faintly, in the back of her mind, a question echoes: can she teach him how to wield these powers? were her own similar enough to bridge the gap between former and current avatar?

with a nod, she steps back from doug and falls back in line with . another time, perhaps.

"okay, good idea."

doug's hand rises, then, and a glittering scale rises with it as it rests on a single finger.

familiarity strikes her like lightning, quick and shocking throughout the body. it looks so similar... but is it actually?

she glances toward the door, beyond this lab and toward her own. does she still have one of her own still tucked away somewhere? or did it, too, fade from existence when the bond severed?

"yeah, we can... here, let me grab something to put it in."

her body moves quickly, almost too rushed, as she begins searching for a petri dish for the scale. her voice drifts over as she searches, distracted yet curious all at once.

"have you noticed anything with the scales, in particular, when you use them?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights