he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Decompression
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 0:48:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was certainly one of his less-enjoyable Wilds experiences. It was also the only one he'd had outside of the Mechanical Kingdom, but he was less eager to visit the Ultra Sea now than he was a day ago. Between getting harassed by Rockets, getting lost several times, having no idea how to get out, having a part in getting injured, and even getting touched by one of those weird Jellyfish monsters, he wasn't back there any time soon.

If there had been any good out of it, it was that he'd managed to connect with some more.

Also, he'd acquired a new Pokemon: a Jigglypuff that was way larger than other Jigglypuffs, and had a tail on its head. He'd let it out of its ball a little ago, intent on finding out what it could do.

Had Uxie not prepared a chunk of meat from the fridge they had here (he'd find out who it belonged to later), that "Jigglypuff" would've been chewing on Hideo's arm. For the time being, it was focused on chewing away at something that wasn't part of someone alive, Uxie floating near it to keep an eye on it.

"...I'm gonna call you Biggly. Or Bigglypuff. I dunno yet." The "Jigglypuff" barely acknowledged him, still going at the chunk of meat. "But what kind of Pokemon has a head-tail? Or is it a tail-head?"

No response.

Maybe he'd get lucky and someone would just appear to talk to.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Decompression
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 14:03:34 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]A swirl of purple dust announces their presence: a Luxray, Gardevoir and a girl with Lake Guardian stepping through the portal to a rather strange sight. That giant Jigglypuff that Hideo had caught? Feeding on a unexplained, giant chunk of meat...[break][break]

Yeah, she'll find peace in simply finding a beanbag, grabbing it with one hand and dragging it over to her favourite corner. And she'll release Mesprit to follow their own whims, the pixie squealing as they zip right over and almost barrel into Uxie.[break][break]

The nausea and weariness lingers long after she's exited the Ultra Deep Sea, her brain barely working to string a sentence together as she plops right down. And while Reiner curling at her feet and resting his head upon her lap might bring a little comfort, it doesn't quite help
with the whole issue of coherence.[break][break]

"So... has it eaten you yet?"[break][break]

Good enough of an attempt.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] ||

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Decompression
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 17:56:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Decompression

&

He doesn't realize where he is until he is banging face first onto the bark, stumbling about in a languid stupor as the entrance to the secret base opens before him.

He reeks of alcohol and blood, like a sweaty surgery room. His clothes are in tatters and showing all the signs of a man who's been murdered several times over, but his skin is so spotless as to cause offense to all who tried their hardest to bring about an end to his life.

His face, however, looks like it couldn't give any less of a fuck about anything, much less himself.

"Hi."
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Decompression
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 23:14:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
As luck would have it, someone did appear, the sounds of a portal opening. Though Hideo hadn't quite nailed down how to differentiate between human footsteps, he could recognize the sound of a Luxray and a Gardevoir.

That first Pokemon made it easy for Hideo to guess who'd just arrived. "Hey Eris," he said, raising a hand up to wave at her.

"Nope. 'least I don't think so. Uxie's got it eating something, so it hasn't tried anything yet." Uxie looked over towards Eris, ready to inform her of what would've happened if it hadn't intervened - and was interrupted by a certain Mesprit flying right into it.

Uxie held on to its sibling, a slightly-annoyed frown on its face undercut by the hug it gave its sibling, trying to keeps its eyes on the big Jigglypuff.

"By the way: what'd you think would be a good nickname for the big puff? You think Biggly sounds good, or does Bigglypuff sound-"

The boy stopped the moment a powerful scent reached his nostrils, his face contorting into a cringe. The alcohol was easy to pick from the smell, but there was also something else in there - something disgusting, yet familiar.

He knew who the source was once he heard it speak. "Doug?" he asked, just to confirm it. He couldn't quite see the sorry state Doug was in, but he could smell it. "You, uh, doing alright there?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Decompression
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 23:31:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Having Uxie around is always a great distractor for Mesprit, the pink pixie squealing and radiating such joy as they return the embrace wholeheartedly. This leaves Eris just enough breathing room to register the question posed by Hideo, and then enlist Reiner's help in giving the blankest stare possible.[break][break]

"I wouldn't give nicknames to creatures that shouldn't exist." Her heart is very much made up on the matter, and her mind wanders to that one moth she'd been forced to catch just to avoid being feasted on. And it seems like silence might dominate the room, until the smell of war comes wafting through the door.[break][break]

Despite injuries and her generally going hand-in-hand, she doesn't take well to the scent. The lack of injuries is something that keeps her on edge, the tattered clothes telling of the battles he's been through. In stark contrast, her clothes are somewhat crumpled but lack the extreme need for mending, her own wounds somewhat taken care of through multiple doses of Life Dew and several changes of bandages. All that remains are the little cuts and scrapes she's gotten from wandering around a space she's unaccustomed to, each awkwardly plastered over with Skitty bandaids. That, and the undeniable fatigue in her posture.[break][break]

Quietly, she attempts to push back and shuffle her beanbag tighter into the corner.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Decompression
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 23:37:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Decompression

&

Doug just hung by the entrance silently, moodily, his eyes slowly dragging over both kids for a moment before he finally answered Hideo's question.

"No." He said. He made no note of Bigglybuff or the lake guardians or even Reiner, simply beginning to stalk away and deeper into the base.

"I'm taking a bath." He said, disappearing into the base with fading steps, before the loud, ringing a slam of a door came.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Decompression
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 0:07:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Don't be mean to'em." So what if they came out of the Dream Mist? He had plenty of Pokemon from distortions, and they turned out to be nice (after exiting the distortion). "People thought the same about Distortion Pokemon, and now they're just as normal as any other."

Biggly(puff) didn't acknowledge the squabble, only acknowledging the meat it was chewing through. It didn't even care about the two pixies hugging it out above it.

It did acknowledge Doug's smell, its face cringing just as Hideo's had as it waddled slightly away from him.

"Oh." When was the last time he'd heard Doug so downtrodden? He was legitimately concerned, sitting up in his seat. He was halfway to offering to help Doug with that bath before realizing how awkward that would be, his mouth shutting in silence.

That door slam was deafening.

"...shit," Hideo muttered, "Must've been really bad."

He looked over towards Eris. "Should we, uh, go talk to him?" He did want to, but he felt it'd be awkward going there by himself.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Decompression
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 0:53:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"It's because people get used to them that the problem fades into obscurity." She sighs, gently pressing her palm against her eye as she leans back. "But sure, go ahead. Name it whatever you like."[break][break]

It's hard - She knows that she shouldn't speak if she has nothing good to say, but old habits truly die hard.[break][break]

"Of course it was bad. People and pokemon essentially died for nothing since Rocket got the seal stone."[break][break]

And she hates how she had a hand in it.[break][break]

"I'd let him come out of the shower when he's ready. Most people use that time to just... think or something, don't they?" The last thing she wants to do is add pressure onto Doug's unknown mental state, or have her presence remind him of what happened in the rift. "I'm not gonna interrupt it unless he's trying to hurt himself."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Decompression
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 1:31:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Decompression

&

He finds himself staring at his reflection at the end of his bath, rubbing the water out of his hair while staring at himself blankly. He had thought he would begin crying at any moment, but he realized after a while that he didn't have the emotional energy to wallow in his self-pity. For once.

The shower had been cold and quick, the sponge scrapping the smell of war and death off his skin. His tattered uniform had been discarded into the corner of the restroom, to be disposed at a later date. Probably through fire.

His replacement clothes had been chosen quickly; it wasn't much of a choice, what with how little he had left behind, but it was enough.

"... You look stupid." He said blandly at himself, unsure if he was joking at himself as he stepped away from the sink and exited the bathroom.

Slap slap!

Smacking himself in the face with both hands, twice, the youth worked on his lips and jaw as he traveled back to the bases' living room, appearing out of the hall while visibly rolling his jaw, mouth wide open.

"Auuugwuuagh." He uttered while rolling his jaw, smacking his lips a couple of time after before finally turning his gaze back to everyone. "'Sup."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Decompression
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 14:57:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couched his chin on his hands. "I'm sure we'll get used to big Jigglypuffs," he said, "just like we did with black Arcanines. And metal Goodras, and tall Lilligants." All Pokemon he had from those distortions that turned out fine. In his mind, more Pokemon diversity was great - so long as those new Pokemon weren't actually trying to bite his limbs off.

He was sure he'd get Biggly to cooperate in time.

It was hard to miss that Eris's mood wasn't much better than Doug's - and Hideo was told why. "I don't even know what a Sealing Stone is," he said, laying back in his seat, "but it can't be anything good. Not in Rocket's hands."

That they killed people and Pokemon for it only intensified his disgust with Rocket. "Think I can take a guess why Doug's like that then…"

And just like that, he heard Doug's voice again. "Hey Doug. You, uh, wanna talk?"

Part of him dreaded what Doug might tell him, but he'd hope Doug would feel better after talking it out.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Decompression
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 12:27:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The way he dismisses her is expected, but lingers on her mind long after he's done. Well, it's long past the stage of prevention and all she needs to focus on now is making sure Hideo doesn't live to regret his choices.[break][break]

"It's said to lead to Arceus." Baseless rumours that she'd heard floating around the headquarters. And the threads of disgust that churns in his thoughts is picked up by a certain pixie, a curious trill directed to their sibling as they point at Hideo.[break][break]

She withholds any other words she has to say when Doug makes his rather timely reappearance, her good eye taking in how much better he looks than when he first entered. As long as Hideo leads the conversation, she'll be able to avoid the ticking time bombs that might spark any further arguments.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Decompression
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 12:32:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Decompression

&

"Naw." Was Doug's succinct reply as he marched up to an empty bean bag and dropped atop it like a sack of potatoes, splaying out lazily over it with his head craned all the way back, Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he continued to speak.

"Not a lot to say. People died, pokemon died and we lost." Basically, it was all a waste of life and time, and little to nothing was achieved.

Some Leaguers had apparently made a worthwhile discovery in the depths of the Ultra Deep Sea, but Doug didn't count that even remotely.

"I just want today to be over already."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Decompression
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 23:34:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Arceus.

Of course.

The one thing Rocket needed.

Arceus.

Hideo placed a palm over his face, sighing deeply. "Of course they'd kill people over getting a chance at Arceus," he groaned. "Really hope those sayings aren't true and it's just a fancy rock." It wouldn't make the killings any better, but at least they wouldn't be one step closer to Rocket using Arceus to make Hoenn an even-worse Kanto.

Or killing Arceus. He wouldn't consider that outside of their plans now.

Uxie nodded at Mesprit's questions. Hideo's thoughts weren't hard to look through, and his growing disgust for Rocket couldn't be missed.

Seemed Doug wasn't going to lead them to any better of a subject - Hideo would have to change the subject himself.

Not much use in keeping it subtle. "Well…uh…I guess if there's anything good today? Melody said she'd help me if I try to become a Gym Leader. Even gonna write me a recommendation." He'd actually gotten to talk a lot with , regarding both their aspirations - and Melody's past.

Including her kidnapping. That Eris might have had a hand in.

Hideo's mouth shut the moment that thought crossed his mind.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,783 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Decompression
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 14:21:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Wanting the day to be over - She can share that sentiment pretty easily. The fact he chooses not to elaborate on the losses also does wonders for her conscience. The less deaths she feels responsible for, the less faceless victims she'll see in her sleep tonight.[break][break]

Instead, the leading of conversation falls to Hideo and he starts with something rather pleasant, yet simultaneously bitter. No, she shouldn't be mad at for not understanding. She had already written it out on paper for herself to see why.[break][break]

But that still didn't make it any easier of a pill for her to swallow.[break][break]

For a moment, she leans back into her beanbag and closes her eyes, embracing the warmth that Reiner exudes as he shifts to make himself comfortable. A thoughtless darkness threatens to wash over her once more, but the constant prickling of her heart makes it hard to submit to the whims of exhaustion.[break][break]

Uncertainty and upset are the main threads that she can unravel from the ball of emotions that Mesprit bestows upon her, the taste of something akin to resignation a close runner-up in terms of prevalence. She can't comment on any of it, she has no real words to comfort nor assure that everything will work out. For now, she'll find peace in simply listening to the other two talk things out, only offering fragments of some poorly cobbled insight when prompted.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Decompression
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 23:33:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Decompression

&

Part of his self imposed role as caretaker of his younger friends is to be on top of things and make sure they're all okay, physically as well as emotionally.

He hadn't quite realized just how much of his own emotional energy and investment that required until now. Parenting was harder than he gave it credit for.

He thinks he something might be troubling Eris, her silence as troubling as any visible wound, but he can't quite force himself to prod that can of worms. Not yet.

Hideo seemed to be walking on egg shells, stopping and starting on various subjects— he should've been trying to make the conversation flow better, but it was all he could do to nod and hum along to the other's words.

He wanted to be proud of his little friend finally going for it and aiming to become a gym leader— but instead he found himself mildly miffed that was somehow more involved with this development than him.

He tried to ignore his souring mood, rubbing rings around his temples and sinking deeper into his bean bag as an awkward silence hung in the air.

The air within the usually warm clubhouse was dreary and tense, charged up with the negative energy of a shitty day that most children and young adults their age would never have to experience.

'Do something, you sad fucking clown. It's your damn job.'

"... y'all wanna get some ice cream?" He finally said after a moment. "... My treat."