awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 18:22:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Passing through the halls of the LEAGUE HQ in EVERGRANDE CITY was a trial in and of itself. It hadn't been too long since had accepted the terms of his separation from TEAM ROCKET with a threat, after all. Though the organization was well and truly dead to the royal, however, walking through the nucleus of League territory still triggered a sense of palpable tension.

Given some further thought, why wouldn't it? His fate in Hoenn hung in the literal balance, and today could easily be his last as a free man. Though he'd met a handful of times prior, and even worked together with her to organize the POKEATHLON as the GALARIAN AMBASSADOR, Remiel understood the weight of his crimes. Everything he'd learned during his time in politics told him that the commissioner would not approach this lightly.

His BUTLER SINISTEA is asked to wait at the security check before the Galarian prince passes through. Then, in less than a minute, he finds himself at the entrance to Dahlia's office. Taking a moment to fix his tie and check his suit, Remiel clears his throat and proceeds forward through the open gateway. Cobalt-hues set themselves upon her but for a moment before he places a hand at his heart and bows.

"Commissioner... thank you for meeting with me today."

PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PENANCE
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 0:23:12 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
within the office, a bodyguard stands by the wall. their face is obscured by sunglasses, and their posture is stiff and parallel. a pokeball remains in their hand, clapsed tight, with the finger pointed away from the central button.[break][break]

the commissioner bows back, mirroring the gesture softly. "certainly. take a seat."[break][break]

she is quick to move to her own: a chair of plush velvet with woodwork featuring carvings of hoenn's titans of land, sea, and air.[break][break]

"remiel calcifet." she takes time to enunciate the final 't'. "what brings you before me today?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".dahlia"]--accent:#d5a73d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/K0ZR5Z2/mercy-icon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .dahlia blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .dahlia blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 8:42:20 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The bodyguard does not go unnoticed. The layers of security he'd been processed through to reach the office of had been expected. The nameless guardian's readiness with his Pokéball, however, was Remiel's first clue toward the idea that the commissioner knew what this was about. Their discussions over the Pokéathlon years ago had certainly not been hosted under such scrupulous measures.

Guilt begins to tinge his thoughts as he recalls their cooperation during the infancy of his ambassadorship. Briefly, he distracts himself with the intricate carvings on her chair. Though the manner in which she enunciates his name— his second clue in this damnable game of fear— brings him back to attention as he thanks her before taking his seat.

Always one to display some semblance of composure, the crown prince takes a moment to gather his thoughts and cross one leg over the other's knee before continuing. Even so, he can only bear to look into her piercing blue eyes for a few seconds before glancing away with a pang of shame for what he says next. There was no turning back from it now.

"Commissioner Goode... I've come to personally confess my former involvement with TEAM ROCKET as ADMIN FOX. And I come seeking the aid of the LEAGUE in exchange for my PENANCE."
PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PENANCE
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 22:30:18 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
remiel's handsome face does little to soften the confession. such a admission of guilt is a complicated embroidery. pulling one string tugs upon the others, dragging the variegated mess of stitching all together should one lack care.[break][break]

dahlia breathes out. she is careful that her exhalation's stream lacks the strings' colors. she must take time to pick apart each thread.[break][break]

the bodyguard stirs, but the commissioner shoots him a swift glance for pause.[break][break]

"ambassador calcifet, if your previous allegiance is to be believed... why should i trust you? why should i trust any calcifet?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".dahlia"]--accent:#d5a73d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/K0ZR5Z2/mercy-icon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .dahlia blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .dahlia blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 0:34:15 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
His hand fidgets with the other upon his lap. The rest of him, however, remains as still as a sculpture as he feigns composure. He'd like to think the hardest part of this was over. Simply getting that weight off his chest was what he'd been dreading this entire time. But, undoubtedly, he knows the toughest trials lie ahead of him still.

This wasn't something that could be solved with one simple meeting, after all. The consequences of his affiliation with TEAM ROCKET would stretch out for years to come.

"I was misguided," He starts, his gaze downcast as shame echoes throughout his words. "Joining Team Rocket was my decision alone. No one from my family knew about it. In fact, I was urged to leave Hoenn and its politics behind altogether— then and even now."

Finding the strength to do so again, the former GALARIAN AMBASSADOR looks up at the commissioner. "I don't expect you to truly trust me again for some time. But I hope the fact that I remain here, subject to your judgment despite the risk of my former affiliation, speaks to the sincerity of my intentions."

He could go on about why he'd joined Team Rocket in the first place. He could continue to plead his case further as to why he should be given a second chance. Or how he could prove to be a valuable asset moving forward. But, for now, he leaves things there and gauges her next response carefully.
PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PENANCE
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 23:32:45 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"you're right." [break][break]

dahlia rises from her seat.[break][break]

"i can not trust you. not for a very long time if ever." [break][break]

the commissioner says. her voice is strong yet the breath falters when thinned by worry—and the flicker of anger. [break][break]

"do understand we will need to conduct a thorough investigation of your current connections. of the information you've been privy to." she shakes her head. "why did you leave?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 5:12:01 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Her words sting.

Though he'd expected them (and much worse, quite frankly), the weight with which they were delivered managed to pierce his fortitude nonetheless. "Right... I understand." The royal replies with a short, respectful nod. "I'm prepared to cooperate in full. I've also gathered plenty of intel and assets that might prove useful against Team Rocket in the future." He adds, hoping to appease her.

When asked why he left, however, Remiel takes a brief pause to gather his words before looking up at her. There's a firmness in his hues of cobalt blue. "Various reasons. But, mainly: they endangered the entire world for profit during the meteoroid crisis. And that went entirely against what I believe in— entirely against what I fooled myself into thinking they believed in."

He visibly swallows his pride. He hadn't been this embarrassed and ashamed since his incident in the Charizard den. And honestly admitting such things to a woman he held in such high regard was no easy feat, to say the least.
PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PENANCE
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 1:32:52 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
intel. assets. crucial componentry for cooperation in this politicized space. still, it is all material relatively. deceit still remains in the tank; she wonders if the remainder is being burned away in this fateful meeting.[break][break]

"then what do you believe in, remiel?" the commissioner asks. "what do you believe in?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 11:40:21 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Somehow he feels as scrutinized as the time he had formed his bond with ZEKROM. And, essentially, Dahlia was asking the same question the DARK BLACK Pokémon had asked of him so long ago: what was his ideal world? What were his ideals? His answer, once again, would determine his fate with powers greater than he.

But, if he made it out of this with some degree of freedom, he would never take such ideals for granted again.

The royal takes a deep inhale, then returns his gaze to the beautiful woman across from him. "I believe in humanity, and our right to exist as free beings. Team Rocket and the DRK Triad would threaten that. I once believed the League did, too... but now I see the truth."

Unnervingly stoic and quiet at times, had always had the knack of commanding his respect without ostensibly asking for it. Truth be told, Remiel missed working with her. Whether it was the time they'd organized a festival together or sat side-by-side at the war table during the MEGALOPOLAN conflict, the prince had learned a lot from the commissioner in those relatively short bursts of interaction.

"If you allow me to prove myself, and validate my intentions, I won't disappoint you." He continues in earnest, unflinchingly staring back at her as he nods. "What will it take for me to make amends?"
PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PENANCE
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 7:30:53 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
if remiel believed in humanity, then dahlia wondered how many he had hurt during his tenure. how many people he had directly or indirectly harmed in the name of humanity. [break][break]

she feels a sadness settle in her jaw.[break][break]

"it will take time and thorough investigation." dahlia says. "further analysis of your motivations, risk assessment, and eventual processing of your defection."[break][break]

she sighs.[break][break]

"how many years, remiel? how many years have you been with rocket?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 10:03:12 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The guilt embedded in his soul was multifaceted. It was something he would grapple with for the rest of his life. How could he justify having hurt people in the name of his IDEALS? Well, the answer to that was complicated and rife with the traumas of his past. He expected to have to answer for that, but for now, it went unsaid.

Her answer to his inquiry is understandable. Whether or not in a conventional sense, he was now subject to the League. But a willing subject, at least, with plenty to bring forth from his defection. Hopefully, that would grant him just enough leniency to avoid a jail cell and contribute instead.

When asked how many years he'd been in Rocket, however, that deep shame from before dulls the royal's eyes once more as he looks down. "Years." He answers. "I was approached by TEAM ROCKET after the UB-BURST incident in SLATEPORT. I took the title of ADMIN FOX shortly thereafter." Over three years ago, at this point.

The crown prince looks up, gauging the judgment in Dahlia's gaze head-on before continuing. "It's not something I am proud of, commissioner. But I'm determined to make things right now that I've defected. I only ask that you take into consideration all the good I've done in this region when you weigh my sins on the scale."
PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PENANCE
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 6:42:21 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
dahlia can feel the scale slipping from her fingertips. the fulcrum plummets, burdened too much by the sin piled tight in its plates.[break][break]

"you haven't defected yet. once the defection process has been completed, then you will be a defector. make no mistake about that."[break][break]

and when it crashes, the noise is deafening.[break][break]

dahlia shakes her head. she can feel a headache beginning to rise and spark across her temples. [break][break]

"remiel, we will need to seize zekrom for the time being." she says and raises a hand should he show signs of objecting. "until you complete the defection process. no harm will come to zekrom, and it will only be temporary. i'm sure you understand why."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 7:12:31 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
She was right, of course. Until he accepted the League's terms and underwent any processes they requested, there was no official 'defection' yet. He was, essentially, in a purgatory of his own making at this point. He stands at the crossroads between potentially dying at the vengeful hands of Team Rocket or seizing a second chance to redeem himself.

When she issues her next statement, however, the shock and surprise in his eyes is immediately evident. Her hand raises just in time to keep silence his instinctual objection. With some time to rationalize things, Remiel eventually nods. "I understand... I only ask that you might keep him in the draciary where he nests." So as not to disturb the Black Yin. Though, surely, he would be anyway.

"Placing the draciary under League supervision and protection during my transition was my first request anyway. I placed a lot of time and effort into using it as a rehabilitation center for dragons. I believe it would serve as a great benefit to Hoenn."
PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
PENANCE
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 4:17:13 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"and we can fulfill that request." sanctuary will be bestowed on the draciary, but even its grounds must be investigated.[break][break]

suspicion must be purged from the blood then scrubbed from torso and limb. whatever remiel has touched by his extended influence is now subject to judicious scrutiny.[break][break]

"it is not over when zekrom returns to your side." the commissioner says. "zekrom chose you to hold a stake in this war. will it remain by your side even now with your ideals? the league's ideals? you must ask zekrom that."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PENANCE
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 12:37:38 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Relief shines down on Remiel like a ray of sunlight, piercing through the storm of stress that has been engulfing him. It is a brief respite to know that his life's work (so far) would remain protected against Team Rocket's attacks. Though he understood the underlying subtext.

"Thank you..." The royal says in response, bowing his head respectfully before addressing the matter of his patron. "The nature of this war has changed. I promised Zekrom an IDEAL WORLD where our collective freedoms could shine brighter than ever before, but I'm at fault for placing my stock in the wrong contender. I was misguided." He winces with shame at the thought.

Propping his elbows on his knees, Remiel sinks his face into his hands and takes a deep breath. Eventually, those hands slide upward and slowly comb through his hair as he exhales. "I'll speak with him when allowed. We will revisit our goals, and how they may align with those of League moving forward. He may feel aggrieved... but our bond is strong. I have faith." He solemnly nods.

PENANCE

MADE BY MIZO