Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 6:31:00 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The rattlings of the laboratory came with whirls and whistles of the surrounding instruments. Penelope had arrived no more than 10 minutes prior to her meeting, needing time to ready her subjects for testing.
[break][break]

Today's objective of assessment: analyzing iron valiant.
[break][break]

The robotic figment of imagination stolen from the depths of ULTRA DEEP SEA . It buzzed, zapped, and jittered in place, pink eyes flashing beneath the fluorescent lights.
[break][break]

Penny was stationed beside it, clipboard in hand. She was leaning over one of the many metal tables, elbows digging into the solid metal, eyes peering back at the entrance at intervals.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

MISSION

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 20:53:36 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
[attr="class","sam-banner-up"]
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-mini-top"]
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred"]x
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]Emerson’s hands rubbed together as he entered the lab. Both out of a chill from the contrast between the warmth outside and lack thereof within the rows of machinery and testing equipment— as well as in anticipation for whatever it was he’d been called for today.

“Hey,” he called, substantially less awkward than he’d been the visit prior, “got something ne—“ The line of questioning ended abruptly as he stared with wide eyes at the creature(?) next to Penny.

In all actuality, he’d thought it was just updates on the old tech they’d been poking at, but Emerson stopped short at the sight of the Iron Valiant.

“What’s that?
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-icon"]
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-title"]paradox problem
everything is lit except my lightning bolt brain
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-bounce"]]
[newclass=.sam-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up b]color: #ad6c83; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up i]color: #808080; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #ad6c83;text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #ad6c83, #675464);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb span] display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#7b6678;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 15:31:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The doors croaked open, drawing the councilwoman's eyes to it and the attached to said suddenness.
[break][break]
"Hey."
[break][break]
With one raised hand, she offered the budding tech wizz a short wave. He'd arrived just on time.
[break][break]
"This,"she gestured toward the mechanical pokemon beside her, one arm still strangling the clipboard with the other out on display. "Is a paradox pokemon."
[break][break]
"From the Ultra Deep Sea's interdreamzone."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
i can’t take this place, no i can’t take this place. i just wanna go where i can get some space.
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 15:18:36 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]Emerson’s steps picked up a slight pace as he hurried over to Penny. His eyes remained fixed on the strange Pokémon. All chrome and steel sheen. “A paradox Pokémon…”

He’d been reading about these. More and more reports had been starting to trickle out across the internet in the wake of the events that had occurred in the deep sea.

Reports that he’d had no business peeking in on had…perhaps…also been viewed. Not that Em was about to admit as much to the councilwoman.

“So you…found? This one?”
[newclass=.sam-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up b]color: #ad6c83; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up i]color: #808080; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #ad6c83;text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #ad6c83, #675464);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-blurb span] display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#7b6678;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.sam-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 19:31:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Not this one, but I did procure one of my own."
[break][break]

An Iron Hands and a iron moth, to be precise, but those details weren't necessary for today's dissection.
[break][break]

"This one is from one of my subordinates."
[break][break]

, to be precise, but again, that was another piece of information she didn't feel like sharing. Maybe in some stretch of time when allegiances are more transparent than opaque pieces of uncertainty.
[break][break]

"I was hoping you could help run some tests? Maybe compare this to what we've been working on."
[break][break]

The Meglopolian tech from before.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 22:03:30 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]An observant hum vibrated in the back of the programmer’s throat. “Why aren’t we working on yours then? If you don’t mind me asking.”

Still, this was something– uncannily resembling a gallade in structure and aesthetic.

“Sure, I can help with that. Do you think they stem from a similar source?”

He had to remind himself that he couldn’t just reach out and tinker with the metal pokemon like he’d been able to with the massive tech Penny had shown him previously.

This creature, some way somehow, was actually alive. Or functional, at least. And Em doubted it would take kindly to being poked and prodded from the jump.

His eyes moved back to the councilwoman. “Does it listen to instruction? Or stand down?”
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 0:58:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"This one is far more stable than mine."
[break][break]
The IRON MOTH she'd acquired had been going through electrical surges. Just keeping the winged beast still took some strength from her other Pokemon. Her IRON HANDS, however, maintained stability, but only for short periods of time. Otherwise, he's just as jittery, if not more.
[break][break]
She moved around the paradox beast.
[break][break]
"It's pretty docile," Penelope shrugged, eyes glazing over the piece of metal and bolts. "Give it a closer look."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 20:00:59 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]“I see.” Emerson stepped in a slow circle around it observing its still, calm presence. “Even if yours are unstable presently, it still may be worth a comparative test at a later date. Maybe it has something to do with what they resemble.”

In a flash of light, Em’s porygon-z was released from confinement. “Diagnostic scans, please.” Granted that the iron valiant wouldn’t attempt to swat the data duck away. As Glitch flitted erratically around it, Emerson offered a tentative hand toward it to see if the valiant might mirror the movement.

“So they function more like the actual Pokémon than…androids? For lack of a better word, I figure. I’m curious about their level of sentience.”

Do they learn? Or do they already know? As a gallade might instinctively be aware of basic functions. Survival. Companionship. His glance deviates back to Penny. “Do you have any prior test results? Footage of it behaving without attendance?”
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 6:41:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Behind, a large mechanical arm shadowed her shoulder. With one arm, she forced its reach forward, displaying the very footage the technician asked about.
[break][break]
There were several hours worth of content, all including the metallic gallade standing by its lonesome, without any attendance or orders to grant the freedom of instructions.
[break][break]
Penelope plays through the mundane footage, allowing its still imagery to answer for itself.
[break][break]
"We've only completed the rudimentary testing required. Much else has been left for people like yourself to help direct, as to allow full freedom with this project."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

em, @lockedown
he/him
twenty-four
july 12th
medali, paldea
bi, babey
it guy / hacker
silph co. civvie
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @em
emerson whitlock
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 20:40:24 GMT
emerson whitlock Avatar
-
[attr="class","sam-banner-up-blurb"]Emerson extends his hand toward it, palm up in offering to see if it’ll mirror the movement. His glance meanwhile shifts back toward the screens Penny pulls up for him. A soft hum follows. “I would figure if it was a model of a Pokémon, it should behave like one, even when alone.”

Maybe it was too robotic? But even AI has some degree of independent process, doesn’t it?

“What sorts of results are you hoping for? Or, I guess, is there anything in particular you’d like me to look into as well?”

His hand continues to move in waving shapes in front of it—curious as to if it’ll track the movement. “Do you have a moveset on file for it?”
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
DISCOVERY COVE [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 7:06:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: