Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
In The Garden of Original Sin [S]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 22:35:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Gone.[break][break]

One minute, the Fiorelli Floristry was the cornerstone of 's perfect little life. She lived on top of a bakery in Hoenn's most pleasant and beauitful town. She was just a hop, skip, and a jump away from her job at a fairytale wonderland. The owner was like a mother, a sister, and a best friend to her all at once. There, she could spend her days surrounded by flowers and Pokemon, including a humble little plot that she and Isaac had nurtured together.[break][break]

Now, all of that was gone.[break][break]

Maybe the better question was if any of it existed in the first place. Elisabeth Fiorelli was a Rocket Underboss. The perfect world she'd spun out of seed and soil was, ultimately, secondary to that role. It always was. At best, it was a legitimate overture held up on blackened, blood-stained scaffolding. At worst, it was simply a decoy, a pleasant facade stretched atop the true intentions of an underboss.[break][break]

Of course it was. It always was. Team Rocket didn't "do" second priority. It was an all consuming black hole, demanding more and more, whether one realized it or not. One's other pursuits were doomed to either take a backseat to Rocket's obligations, be twisted into serving the organization's needs, or lay crushed before it in ruins to serve as an example.[break][break]

Fiorelli Floristry had outlived its usefulness. Thorned vines choked the life from it, squeezing the cottage's bones until they cried for mercy. It was a sickeningly perfect rendition of what he and Cygne had tried to accomplish last Halloween. The flowers lining the grounds were withered and dead, the litany of multicolored petals now a carpet of brown slurry. Isaac fought through the mess, even as it oozed up to his ankles, desperate to search for the field where he and Cygne once tended to their little patch of dahlias.[break][break]

They were gone, a bald spot of dust surrounded by a crown of filth and decay.[break][break]

Of course. Cygne though the world of Elisa, and Elisa of Cygne. This wasn't the reckless destruction of a symbol of their relationship. This was planned, premeditated, "saving" it while leaving a hideous scar on the land in its wake. They were spared the decay, but to what end? Salvation or damnation, only ashes remained.[break][break]

Bothwell Apothecary. A shop set up somewhere Sootopolis City, the icon of sin. A shop pedaling toxins and poisons, the same instruments of decay that sealed the deal on the trade they had made. This wasn't a tragic accident. This wasn't an exit strategy.[break][break]

This was free marketing. "Look what we can do now."[break][break]

Isaac didn't know how the poisons were developed. He didn't want to know. He knew Cygne was brilliant. He knew Cygne was an achiever. He knew Cygne and he had way different standards on how much murder was acceptable in a relationship. Yet he couldn't bring himself to let that train of thought pull into the station. Instead, he left it sitting outside, foghorn wailing like the ghosts of the damned and headlights blaring down on him.[break][break]

A single flower remained, sacrosanct and untouched. A single dahlia, its petals as vibrant and yellow as his hair. Nothing remained of its partner in blue. But maybe that wasn't a surprise. Blue hadn't been Cygne's color for a long, long time. The mottled blacks and reds of decay that had overtaken the cottage were far more her style nowadays. With how the rot surrounded the single spot of yellow, it was as if it was a massive barrier trying to keep Arceus knows what away from it.[break][break]

He wondered if, in a fucked-up sense, Cygne had done this all for them.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 23:25:33 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Sometimes she lingered longer than she should in the ruins of her old life.[break][break]

Elisabeth beheld the masterpiece her own ruination had wrought at a distance, leaning against one of the blighted trees of the Petalburg Woods. This one had twisted and curled in on itself in mimicry of a hunchback, bending and breaking under its own weight.[break][break]

Here she admired the result of her handiwork, no trace of remorse to be found.[break][break]

An old vice -- a cigarette -- found its way back into her pale hands as she lit a match. Breathed in the smoke deeply, then exhaled it out.[break][break]

Isaac would inhale the scent of smoke before he sensed the presence of the woman who had joined him here.[break][break]

"Feeling nostalgic, are we, Isaac?"[break][break]

The smile she offered him was sly, sardonic.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 0:00:32 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The scent of tobacco called attention to the fact that Isaac was no longer alone. Stiffening up, he looked around, trying to see who had stumbled upon his private mourning.[break][break]

The woman was completely unfamiliar at first. Her jet black hair highlighted her eerie pale skin, making her look almost like the ghost that haunted this blighted land. Maybe Isaac's assessment was more accurate than he first thought. She spoke, both of him and of where he stood, with an eerie familiarity.[break][break]

"How do you know who I am?" Did she recognize him from the gym challenge? No, no. That wouldn't explain what he had to do with Fiorelli Floristry. A secret backroom employee? No, he's sure he would have encountered one of those after how often he visited. A member of Team Rocket? Not one he'd seen or recognized. Isaac tried to focus through the added depth and huskiness of her voice, wondering if it was he who had been failing to recognize someone.[break][break]

The more he turned the voice over in his head, the more it started taking a shape equal parts unrecognizable and unmistakable.[break][break]

". . . Lis?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:22:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She cocked her head at him, an eyebrow lifted with faint incredulity.[break][break]

"Who else would I be?"[break][break]

The lilting Kalosian accent he'd recognize her for held a sarcastic undertone now, rife with its own private amusement.[break][break]

She assessed him with an almost feline curiosity as she crossed her arms, allowing ash from the cigarette to desecrate what little life remained on this ruined ground.[break][break]

Her eyes settled on the flower in his hand, a delayed realization dawning with the observation.[break][break]

"Ah. She saved most of the dahlias, you know."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 2:01:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You had a pretty consistent look 'til now. But I guess that's not the only thing that's changed up lately, is it?"[break][break]

There was something disquieting about the woman's presence that Isaac just couldn't quite place. Was it because she was standing among the ruins of her life's work, not even a shred of sorrow in the face of what she had lost? Was it because she had crept up on him with all the silence of the grave, the only tell as to her presence being the tell she wished to give? Or was it because of something deeper, something darker, something even the ever-inquisitive Isaac couldn't puzzle out?[break][break]

"Must've taken her a good bit of time." Isaac looked down towards the patch of dusty soil, noting how much it stood out from the decay and disrepair around it. This was a systematic job. Anything and Elisa wanted preserve, they preserved. Anything they wanted to destroy, they destroyed. There was far too much intentionality behind it to be some big old mistake.[break][break]

"Must've taken you a good bit of time, too."[break][break]

By now, he was staring down the who while standing in the ruins of the what. He was starting to piece together the why, bit by bit. That left one last question blaring at the back of his mind. "How'd you even pull this off?" he asked, looking out towards the carpet of decay stretching onwards into infinity. "Seems like it'd take a lot of the Apothecary's supply to pull off a job on this scale."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 2:41:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A shrug answered him as she took in a long drag of her cigarette.[break][break]

"Everything changes," was her nonchalant response. "People most of all."[break][break]

Perhaps she was unaware of the extent of her own changes. Perhaps she was simply indifferent to them.[break][break]

She didn't miss the seeming tenderness in the way he looked at the ruins of their little garden plot, or the forlorn way his forehead wrinkled with thought. As if he was attempting to piece together the mystery of what had transpired here.[break][break]

It pulled a dark laugh out of her, its humor one that seemed to come from an unkind place. Her lips twisted into a smirk.[break][break]

"I'll tell you a secret all gardeners know, Isaac. It's always easier to destroy something, than to create."[break][break]

She'd just always sought to deny herself that simple pleasure, until now.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:10:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Elisabeth was both more wrong and more right than she could have imagined. Sudden, dramatic shifts were rare. People tended to value consistency and stability. Even those who fancied themselves spontaneous found comfort in that spontaneity. They weren't about to spontaneously become non-spontaneous.[break][break]

At the same time, people were far more malleable than they wanted to believe. They were as a leaf in a pond, tossed from side to side by the relentless barrage of ripples presented by life. Every person they met, every experience they faced, every struggle they survived had a way of leaving a mark on them. How could anyone remained unchanged in the face of all of that?[break][break]

The Elisa standing before Isaac had been taking form for Arceus knows how long. This change in look was just her embracing what had been a long time coming.[break][break]

He wondered what this meant for .[break][break]

She laughed in the face of his contemplation, jarring him back to Earth. "Far as I can tell, they're two sides of a coin," Isaac pointed out. Gardeners didn't go reducing their own work to mulch for no reason, after all. "And something tells me I already know what this place has become fertilizer for."[break][break]

"Bet you're proud."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:15:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Proud?" she repeated, as if tasting the word and uncertain if she liked the flavor or not. At the moment, though, everything tasted like ash on her tongue. "I don't know that I'd say so."[break][break]

She stamped out the cigarette butt on the ground, a sacrilege against the barren fields that she used to worship daily with her hands.[break][break]

Nothing in her seemed displeased at this littering; this place was a wasteland, and she was merely adding to its waste.[break][break]

"Are you proud, when you sate your hunger? Or simply satisfied until the craving returns to you, demanding to be fed?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:29:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]And now the Scary Godmother had taken a graceful swan dive off the deep end. Isaac was pretty sure she was about to ask him how many pieces of bread he'd eaten in his life.[break][break]

It was funny. Normally, Lis couldn't wait for a chance to gush about her precious .[break][break]

"So, is that what she's worth to you now, then?" Isaac asked. "She worships the ground you walk on, and you're just using her to get a cheap fix of . . . whatever this is?"[break][break]

No. That couldn't have been it. Between the weird way she was talking, the complete about face in her motives, and the sheer extent of the destruction she was standing atop, Elisa seemed high off of some sort of supply right now. This wasn't just a reveal of some mythical true intentions. Those didn't get someone talking like the bride of Dracula.[break][break]

"Something tells me a trip to Hot Topic's not the only thing that changed about you."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:33:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Oh." The word came out slowly, a long blink that registered a funny, distant thought a second too late. "You meant Cygne."[break][break]

A hand languidly waved over the ruin of the cottage that had been her home for the past year in Hoenn, taking the scene in.[break][break]

"I thought you were referring to this." Then the gesture reached further around her, to the fringes of the Petalburg Woods that had yellowed, withered, and decayed at her touch. "That I should take pride in what I've done, here."[break][break]

Her mouth curved a bit, as if suppressing laughter.[break][break]

"Cygne doesn't need me to thrive. You know this better than most. But yes, I am pleased to see what we accomplish in Sootopolis. Together."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:52:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"If not pride, you're sure taking something in this," Isaac pointed out. "If it truly meant nothing to you, you'd have no reason to be this far out in the middle of nowhere."[break][break]

Maybe it wasn't pride. Maybe it was exactly as Lis described it, the satisfaction of a beast that had eaten its fill at the watering hole. Or maybe it was something different, something equal parts a level higher and a level baser. After all, even wanton destruction like Rocket's usually had some sort of purpose. What purpose could this have possibly served?[break][break]

"You're right. She doesn't." didn't need either of them. She didn't even need Rocket. All she needed was for the world to give her a chance, just a chance, and Isaac knew she could change the world. "But there's nobody she'd want to thrive with more."[break][break]

Something hardened beneath his voice, an unspoken threat simmering to the surface.[break][break]

It was as if a chihuahua was snarling at the Wolfman.[break][break]

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:06:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

That look she gave him was condescension personified. The mocking smile on her lips spoke volumes, listening to the threat inherent to his hardened tone with all the amusement of a lazy Persian staring down a squawking Chatot:[break][break]

Aware that it could devour this silly prey, but ultimately uninterested.[break][break]

"Then there's no problem, is there?" she quipped, and this time, she let out the laugh she was holding. It drifted between them, a whisper at some cosmic joke only she seemed to understand.[break][break]

The sound died down at last, and her own voice turned cool in answer to his own. Not threatening, but probing.[break][break]

"I must say. You don't seem very happy to see me today. Why is that, I wonder?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:28:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]He wished he could say it was just because of her. That would've made this so easy.[break][break]

But life was never so easy, now was it?[break][break]

It hadn't just been Elisa. If it had been, Isaac would be comforting with a tub of ice cream and a back massage as she wondered why the woman she idolized decided to roleplay a combine harvester. But that wasn't what was happening, now was it? Instead, they were the proud mamas of a bouncing baby bottle of Bothwell-branded biocides. Wherever this new Lis came from, new Cygne was willing to follow her right off the cliff.[break][break]

Because this had to be a new Cygne too, right? The old Cygne, the Cygne he knew and loved with all his heart, wouldn't take a life she loved and burn it to the ground. She wouldn't trade it all away so she could become an indsutrial scale killer, the smiling face on every satchel of cyanide and envelope of anthrax.[break][break]

Right?[break][break]

Yet Isaac refused to say a word. Part of it was because Elisabeth was sacred in Cygne's eyes, this golden (blackened?) goddess beyond challenge or reproach. This wasn't the kind of fight he started lightly.[break][break]

The other part was that he knew there was only one person he could truly confess his doubts towards.[break][break]

"Well, hard to be all sunshine and rainbows standing in the ruins of a place that mattered to me," Isaac admitted, voice matter of fact. "I'm amazed you're doing such a good job of it. Guess you're not as mostalgic as I pegged you as, huh?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:33:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I suppose I'm comfortable with mourning. I've always preferred working funerals to weddings."[break][break]

Though nothing in her appeared to mourn, either. A peculiar numbness took hold of her as she beheld the destruction of a place she used to consider her personal sanctuary from the world.[break][break]

How detached she felt.[break][break]

Like she was watching someone else's life unravel, and not her own.[break][break]

"You're welcome to think of me what you like, however, Mr. Merlo."[break][break]

She stretched idly then, her long dark hair shimmering like water with the motion. When she spoke next, it was a parrot of someone else, though she seemed wholly unaware of it:[break][break]

"People like to think they know me."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 5:04:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'd hope you don't put your cigs out on most graves." The dissonance in her flowery analogy and disdainful actions didn't escape Isaac. Her behavior was neither mournful nor triumphant. She didn't show any respect for the life that was, but she also showed no respect for the life that would be. Elisabeth's actions simply Were.[break][break]

That said, her point was clear. "Of course they do," Isaac said. "Everyone does.
There's nothing scarier than the unknown. And there's nothing more unknown than a head full of thoughts that aren't our own. It's a lot easier to just act like we all know each other, don't you think?"
[break][break]

It was reductionist, but intentionally so. It was equal parts confirmation and commiseration. Isaac had both been in Elisabeth's shoes and the shoes of the many she left in her wake. He'd known people who bared their hearts and souls to him to avoid feeling alone and total enigmas that he had to puzzle over with a fine toothed comb.[break][break]

It always made things easier to be on the same page. Then the page flipped and you realized everyone had something different on the other side.[break][break]

"How would you like to be known, then?" Isaac asked, turning the ball over to Elisabeth's court for the first time this exchange. "Only fair you get to be the one to define the new you."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]