kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:24:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hey, have you heard?"

kyle barges in fernando's office with just enough time for the lobbyist to send the silph a heads up. he starts talking as soon as he enters the room, knowing that he'd still listen even if he appears not to.

"people have been finding instructions for type:null during their trips to the rift. have you found something similar?"

he finds his way to a couch in the office and lounges down, waiting for a response from the councilman.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 3:31:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

TALKIES

MISSION

“NO,” fernando says with a more welcome surprise than anything else. many who find themselves in his office find his lack of eye contact unnerving. how he continues to read or type away at his computer while holding a complete conversation.

kyle is the rare exception.

but i believe i know what you’re talking about. i’ve been translating the ones i have a copy of.

he looks up from behind his monitor.

i wager you’ve completed it already?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 1:24:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup."

he takes out his phone and taps a few times. without looking at fernando, he holds the conversation as he navigates through the screens from his phone.

"i'll send you a link to the drive containing the scans. i didn't bring them with me since i'm too lazy to bring a bag or something this time."

fernando would find a notification in his inbox a moment later. in it would be the compilation of instructions for a type:null, one that was absent from when he asked for cotillard's own manual before.

"do you want cotillard's version too? i prepared it too, just in case."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 18:50:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

TALKIES

MISSION

“RECEIVED,” he confirms when his inbox flags the message. caught in the moment, fernando opens it immediately, skimming it with a quick scroll.

i think i have your copy from earlier.

uncertainty leaks between the distraction in his voice. it’s apparent that the most of his attention is on a few lines before he leans back.

i'll have silph co. take a deeper look at this. but, it seems like type:nulls cannot be mass produced. their sentience requires a unique identifier.

he clicks his tongue.

"one of the pages has something different."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 15:48:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"the one i gave you is lacking the full instructions to build one," he clarifies, "but i suppose that isn't really needed with the what we have now."

truth be told, he only skimmed the new set of instructions without looking into the fine details. time has been scarce shortly after he has procured it, with most of it being spent on recreation and work.

although he didn't anticipate it, he wasn't particularly surprised when fernando finds something different.

"oh?"

he gets up and moves behind the desk, curious by fernando's discovery. he gives ample time for the councilman to alt+tab in case there's something on the screen he doesn't want to show the champion before peeking.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 22:46:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

TALKIES

MISSION

“THERE.”

fernando highlights a small subset of characters that seem more reminiscent of footnotes than anything else. although kyle has the complete manuals, the first few pages prove identical with what fernando has recovered from ULTRA PLANT.

i’m not sure what it means but it reminds me of how porygons are created.

he clicks his tongue again. this time in mild thought.

that would explain why the megalopolans didn’t amass more than a handful while in hiding. i don’t think the particular requirements are too hard to gather.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 3:13:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle doesn't know the process for making a porygon so he's unable to comprehend what exactly fernando was trying to say, but he does notice what he points out.

"i'm not sure if they actually teach the porygon process in college since i don't actually have a degree, but can you explain it in layman's terms?"

he continues to read the lines fernando has highlighted multiple times, but he still hasn't gotten in. he could pretend to understand to get over it, but he actually was curious of it.

there's an idea in his head, but it's easier to just ask than assume.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 21:35:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

TALKIES

MISSION

“DO YOU KNOW WHAT BLOCKCHAIN IS?”

the window is tabbed out for a generic search engine. looking up the word brings various articles but fernando opts for the images section instead. several diagrams appear but none are particularly newbie friendly. they all build on at least a fundamental introduction to data structures.

each porygon is created with a number—a number that can only be used once. to make a new one, you need to increase that number. so there is porgyon one million and then the next is porygon one million and one. and so on. i believe the same holds true with silvally.

he tabs back to the manual.

except only certain numbers are accepted. the ones detailed in these scattered pages.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 18:47:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that makes sense... i think?"

he still doesn't get it but he grasps the basics of the explanation. asking for clarification was just an invitation to go to the semantics of terms in the field, and that wouldn't get them anywhere at the end of the day.

"i guess that means they can't be mass produced." he smiles. "that means i got one of the first edition copies too."

kyle steps away from the monitor after it has been explained to him. "is that the only nuance?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
talkies [c]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 4:39:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

TALKIES

MISSION

“THE ONLY THAT I’VE FOUND,” is more of a safety clarification that anything else. “i’ll let you know if i find anything else.

which brings up a secondary topic.

how’s your silvally, lopez?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 16:59:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's still, um, the same?"

there's confusion on why the question was asked. as far as he knows, there's been no attack that forced the silvally to go against their trainers again.

"did yours have a problem?" he asks, trying to prod on why he asked. "i haven't been keeping mine in its ball so it can actually try to act like a normal, well-adjusted pokemon, and i don't think i've seen anything wrong with it."

the necrozma memory was another story, though it wasn't really different than the other silvally memory he has as far as he knows.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
talkies [c]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 3:10:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

TALKIES

MISSION

“NO,” he answers in passing. “but my training regiment is a bit stricter than others.

which, by normal standards, leans closer toward harsh. not quite abuse, depending on the perspective, but enough to stir emotions among the most pokemon sensitive.

there is still a lot we don’t know about them so i was just curious,” is the learned pattern of answering kyle in full. years of badgering each with short or quippy replies has taught fern his preference.

to go against it now is just to file a rise in one another.

i’m sure anderson’s is just one bad day from eating him.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 13:36:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"at least he has articuno. not sure about others who got theirs from other sources though."

type:null wouldn't be as rare as they are now in the coming days. on one hand, kyle isn't too bothered, given that ultra beasts are making a resurgence as of late.

on the contrary, so do megalopolans though.

"oh, if you're curious, then i guess i can say that i haven't been training my silvally when it comes to actual battle scenarios," kyle shares. "aside from walks and other things to keep it physically fit, i don't think any training has any effect when it comes to its actual purpose."

beast killing, faithful to its name.

"they already had it imprinted on them so i figured i don't need to worry as much about it." against an ultra beast, they act at peak capacity. "they're still normal pokemon against, well, normal pokemon, but i don't think either of us are going to use them that way anyways."

it's just efficiency, as kyle would tell himself. work smarter, not harder, especially if it's going to earn him more free time.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
talkies [c]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 20:09:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

TALKIES

MISSION

“INDEED.”

more thought goes into these pokemon and their regulation. team rocket’s governing over kanto comes to mind–a sentiment fernando finds himself in agreeance with despite ’s report.

after all, they’ve seen first hand what happens when pokemon fall under the wrong hands. legendary pokemon are no exception. isn’t that right, solgaleo?

but it’s amazing to think that the megalopolans can create a pokemon strictly to combat against several specific species.” he leans back in his chair. “i wonder where that puts them in respects to the dark triad.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
talkies [c]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 0:47:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"didn't i already show you?" he asks.

"the necrozma memory. they just need to develop something like that, but given how they haven't yet, i suppose it's just a miracle it got developed."

he's already told fernando about it, asking him if he could take a crack at it. unfortunately, fernando has already confirmed that there was no possibility of taking the contents of a silvally memory and burning it to another.

"they're weapons at the end of the day. it's only a matter of time until they try, especially since they did get our data at the cloud." kyle knows of its existence, and they would be doing something wrong if they weren't prying on one of the region's established people.

"are you excited?"