awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ANTIKYTHERA
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 9:28:48 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
DISTORTIONS in time and space brought disarray to the natural order of things in HOENN. However, what proved disruptive and even catastrophic to specific environments often brought a wealth of opportunity to those in the trade of antiques, relics, and artifacts. In this unique case, historical treasures once considered lost to time (or completely unknown to begin with) were sometimes displaced in the present day for discovery.

Perhaps the bolt of lightning that flashes amidst the rocky hills of ROUTE 122, and the crack of thunder that follows it, might fool into thinking another displacement has arrived ripe for plunder. Whether for personal accolades, financial wealth, or simple curiosity, he might find himself drawn to investigating it. When the gentleman reaches the top of the hill where the bolt struck, however, he finds himself face-to-face with CROWN PRINCE instead.

"... You seem familiar. Who are you?"

Behind him, a strange gravesite with a multitude of tombstones looms hauntingly at the edge of the hill. Large stone pillars surround the area as well— vestiges of a ruin long since buried and washed away by the sea. A single MURKROW caws as it encircles them in the sky above.

ANTIKYTHERA
MISSION: PUTTING ON A FRONT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
ANTIKYTHERA
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 18:03:10 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]Hazel had planned to visit this particular route before the distortion arrived. The fact that it ripples to life as he approaches is more of a fortuitous moment of serendipity than anything else.[break][break]

Finding one Prince at the top of the knoll is not on his bingo card for this particular excursion, though. Nor does he expect to be addressed when this is, indeed, what happens.[break][break]

His head tilts curiously, then morphs into a respectful nod. “Do I? Hazel Albrecht.” The Galarian in him cringes at the lack of formality in the way he addresses the crown prince. But of course, he’s unsure of what Remiel’s preference is. If he’d rather be addressed with the pomp and circumstance of his title, or simply be Remiel in a setting such as this one.[break][break]

There is also…the rocket matter.[break][break]

Hazel, like the rest, received the memo regarding the crown prince’s departure from their organization. And what his status is to those who remain tied. It may very well be that this is how the other recognizes him. The fact that Hazel grew up in Hammerlocke among the old money of the noble upper class did not necessarily mean he would be remembered for it after such a long period of time.[break][break]

He does not seek to pinpoint their commonalities, however. It would be best that he not be recognized for his Rocket status, though the fact that he is Galarian and it is embedded into his manner of presence and in his accent is an unavoidable fact. “Looking for something?” Beside him, his ever-present espeon swishes his tail impatiently.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- notes

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.enzo]--accent:#b0a7db;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo.body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ANTIKYTHERA
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 7:01:06 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Albrecht.

Yes, the name was distinctly familiar. And, given his accent, Remiel figured it tied in with GALAR and the royal community he'd left behind. For now, this would prove to be a convenient red herring that  unintentionally made use of.

ADMIN FOX had passed many faces within the labyrinthian hallways of the TEAM ROCKET SUBMARINE, after all. It would take more than a vague feeling of remembrance to recall passing this one some time ago.

"Pleasure to meet you, Hazel Albrecht," The exiled prince responds before his Murkrow echoes the statement with a caw. "My name is Remiel Calcifet. I used to be the Galarian Ambassador to Hoenn. Perhaps that explains it..."

He, too, didn't care to admit that they'd likely seen each other at various royal balls in Hammerlocke. That part of his life was better kept locked away, he thought. Before either of them can tug on the thread he's presented, however, the older gentleman presents a valid question forthrightly.

"Yes, actually. I'm looking for clues about this place. Its origin. Its larger meaning for existing." He states, taking a gander at the sea-worn ruins before settling his gaze back onto the long-haired professor. "How about you?"

ANTIKYTHERA

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
ANTIKYTHERA
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 22:48:28 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]Despite Hazel’s loyalties to Rocket, he wasn’t a particularly malicious individual. Most of his illicit practices were selfish in nature. They revolved around how his own personal goals and wishes could be met or obtained. That, or any activity was in joint practice with his partner’s smuggling business. Not much more than a glorified paper pusher.[break][break]

So a confrontation was something he’d err on the side of avoiding, if it could be helped. He allowed his smile to take on the air of something blithe, as innocent as possible as his head inclined politely. “A pleasure to meet you, though I certainly know who you are.”[break][break]

After all, what proper Galarian wouldn’t know a member of the royal family when meeting one?[break][break]

Even if Hazel had been removed from their home region for years now, it made little difference. Memory and custom were ingrained in his system. Holding him upright, pushing him forward. Much of his childhood casts a pall on his mind, and many recollections are ones he wishes he could forget. Many of those years were not happy ones, but they built the person who stands before Remiel now, and that is an unshakable truth.[break][break]

A low hum escapes the scholar as he ponders the response provided. “Why does this place spark the need for meaning?” His grey eyes rove away from the prince toward the ruins. “Are you looking for some greater symbolism in that?” He doesn’t mean to pry, necessarily–they are simply thoughtful questions. The sort he is prone to asking even himself in most instances.[break][break]

“I’m looking for artifacts of interest. Things I might be able to study further.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- notes

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".enzo.body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ANTIKYTHERA
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 8:17:37 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
If Remiel had known, he'd find it quite amusing that this was one of the men who had picked up the smuggling routes and resources he had left behind his ADMIN FOX. International smuggling, particularly involving priceless artifacts, had been part of his duties as a higher-up then, after all. Aside from political espionage and all that entailed.

The prince spares a smile at Hazel's comment and nods. "Right. I haven't exactly stayed out of the public eye here in Hoenn either. Recently I've resumed my true purpose for being here: the pursuit of archaeological discovery. Perhaps I was hoping you'd recognize me from one of my academic papers instead." He chuckles.

As their conversation shifts back to the ruins before them, however, Remiel's blue-grey gaze does, too. "Oh? Well, I suppose there has to be, doesn't there? A site such as this must have taken a lot of effort over an extended period of time. Generations, even." He remarks, turning back to his newfound companion. "The kind that might have housed the 'artifacts of interest' you're looking for."

The Murkrow above them takes flight again, soaring towards a nearby outcrop of rock with a single stone pillar jutting out from it. The family of KRABBY there scatter at the sight of the avian while the black-haired royal continues with an inquiry.

"You're a treasure hunter, then?"

ANTIKYTHERA

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
ANTIKYTHERA
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 15:12:47 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
A soft laugh follows Remiel’s confession and he gives an acquiescing nod of his head. “Of course, I can u’snderstand the desire to be recognized for what you do rather than the familial ties that make your name known. Apologies.” It was the Galarian in him, he supposes, that makes it difficult to skirt around that royalty line. “That is not to say, though, that I haven’t read any of your work.”[break][break]
He looks up again, a mild smile slipping across his face as his attention moves from the crown prince toward the rippling distortion around them. “Your papers have passed through the hands of many in the history and humanities at the university.” Hazel’s among them.[break][break]
Hazel listens to the carefully laid out answers to his questions with keen interest. Sharp eyes study the remnants of the world left behind by people who no longer walked these grounds. “You’re absolutely correct. It would be up to us to uncover that meaning now. I suppose I was just curious to see how you would answer.”[break][break]
Another laugh slips free, brighter and more amused than the first. “Oh, I’m not sure I’d class myself as a treasure hunter, though I suppose in a way that is true enough. I’m an archivist.” Historian, scholar, whatever. Though if he were to be wholly honest, that furret tendency to hoard interesting things he came across definitely did exist in some capacity.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- notes

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ANTIKYTHERA
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 12:04:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]

"Ah, wonderful. It appears you and I operate within the same field of work then." The archaeologist amusedly remarks. He supposed he couldn't be too surprised to have run into an archivist here of all places. Though the ones he knew tended to leave the fieldwork to blokes himself.[break][break]

Realizing this presented a rare opportunity, however, Remiel continues. "If you'll indulge me, I have a proposition for you: what say you to exploring these ruins together and seeing what we could find? We could split the profit for any artifacts we might deliver to the NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY." He suggests with a nod.[break][break]

Now that he was out of the smuggling game, the business of collecting artifacts wasn't nearly as profitable. Most of the ones he found tended to be donated to the museum anyway. But, regardless of the clout he'd made for his contributions, there was still one thing Remiel needed most:[break][break]

Friends in the same industry as he.
[break]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]ANTIKYTHERA ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights