part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 21:21:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

IN MOST RESPECTS, league headquarters has become a third home for him. he dwells in these offices more than any condo, one taken up by , while the other comes under the scrutiny of living with . people who, by measure of existing, add an extra set of prying eyes he could do without.

in his familiarity with these halls comes a comfortableness that allows him to take without second thought. these amenities are an extension of him. what he has access to, what he can use. which is what brings him to the laboratories this late at night.

the whizz of the automatic glass doors part at his access control. the sight of a certain yellow head hardly comes as surprising.

morales, do you know what time it is?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,743 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 21:54:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s home was burned by betrayal. The ashes are still tucked away neatly in a delicate urn. As the days slowly drag by, she mourns less and less. Whether it is exhaustion or the promise of something else to stave off her loneliness remains to be recognized.

Fernando catches her in the midst of a waiting game. She’s leaning back in her chair, her gaze fixed on the ceiling. Beside her, a digital timer counts down the seconds until her next task. A long 3 minutes remains.

At this hour, there’s only one person she’s come to expect to show up sooner or later, “Silph,” her voice smiles expectantly. She shifts her attention slowly to him and sits up straight. She doesn’t bother to answer his question, there is a clock on the wall that chains them to that concept, “The time is irrelevant,” she brushes it off with a soft snort, “I took a nap earlier,” a half truth. She tried, but it wasn’t restful.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 23:47:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

“…”

his deadpan frown speaks volumes. enunciates his feelings better than any half-wit banter could ever hope to try. and when it brings him nothing useful, he too brushes it off with creased brows.

ah, well, don’t stay up too late.

he disregards her, in this moment, in his venture toward the archives. among the materials here is a vast collection of what the league has collected from the rifts. all in one spot, ripe for the picking. even from her spot, she’ll be able to see him scour through the many racks.

an ELECTIRIZER sits in his palm.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,743 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 0:28:03 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 His displeasure solicits an unwanted, amused smile. In the otherwise lonely and sterile world she confines herself to, defying him has become a form of entertainment.

“I won’t,” she says softly, but makes no promises.

Eva leans forward, her gaze following him towards the archives. The game’s no fun when he doesn’t play along and it tugs her lips into a frown.

She isn’t a complicated person to figure out and if Fernando paid any attention to what made her tick, curiosity was up there in the top three. So, when he ventures towards the archives without another word, the allure of his search piques her interest.

The desire to know pulls her forward. The chair rolls back across the tile as she stands to close to distance, “What’re you looking for?”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 1:03:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

“AN ELECTIRIZER,” he reveals without issue. “ has a suicide wish and i have given up on trying to talk him down from it.

the sound of metal cabinets closing reveals he’s found what he wanted. the METAL COAT has already been given up. now, he waits, anticipating either never hearing from him again or notes about ULTRA PLANT.

might as well make use of him and learn more about these regis he’s so adamant of disturbing.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,743 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 2:08:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s hands find their way into the comfort of her pockets. She peers down at the ELECTRIZER, seeing it clearly now, ”Ahh,” she’s no stranger to what it does, being an expert in pokemon biology. Sometimes there were some strange uses for common things and she wonders if this was for an Electabuzz or some other off label endeavor.

A light laugh accompanies her wandering thoughts, “Hm, you seem to always be trying to talk people out of things, you know that?” for how influential Fernando Silph is, she’s starting to notice not many listen to him, herself included. Must be an exhausting battle to constantly fight. She knows he means well. After all, they are not very different. Everything they do they do for a better Hoenn.

The talk of Regis, naturally, intrigues her further, “I don’t know well,” not at all, really, “Admittedly, I don’t know much about the Regis either,” but she can assume what it is Derek is after, “Could be a good thing for Hoenn. Like how I found Rayquaza.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 2:25:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

“INDEED,” comes a bitterness that compliments the sweetness of her laugh. every acid needs its base. something to equalize the one end of the taste spectrum from becoming too overwhelming.

and, as more and more continue to disregard me, our mortality rates rise. a wonder why.

his sarcasm is pinned onto all that have ever wronged him. for a man who has everything—money, power—the most valuable asset he has is time. time wasted on lecturing those who ask for his wisdom but heed nothing from his words. those who are ungrateful and disrespectful.

the people who have broken him.

rayquaza is tasked with protecting this world, no? all we did was undo our mistake of sending it to another dimension. a mistake we did rashly and without purpose.

his eye meet her pair of green orbs. perfect and round. the same color of the serpent.

should the regis care to help, they too will come out in due time. i fear seeking them out will only repeat our mistake.

and it slowly slithers downward. toward her neckline.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,743 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 3:45:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The world is all about balance. Without evil there would be no concept of what is good. Without darkness there would be perpetual light. Without tasting bitterness, he’d never know what it is like to taste something truly sweet, like her saccharine smile, or the rich sincerity behind her verdant eyes.

Even now as he speaks of death, a gravitas subject that haunts her dreams alongside loneliness, she counters the morbid with something effervescent, “Hmm, don’t give up hope, you’ll get through to them,” she offers one more likely unwelcome observation, “Maybe you need to . . . change your strategy. When you tell someone not to do something, they typically just do it anyway.”

Eva briefly looks away, feeling a little guilt rise into her chest for her blatant non-compliance over the last few weeks. Her gaze does find him again when he mentions Rayqauza. She nods, “Good point,” agreeing to concede to that logic.

As his eye wanders, so do hers: to his shoulder and the lack of a sling, “Healing well?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 4:46:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

“TOO LATE.”

he gives her no quarter. what weakness he’s revealed has been built up by his invader. spite replaces fortitude. resentment reigns over consistency.

good enough. and have been kind enough to supplement my physical therapy.

he rolls his shoulder to demonstrate.

and you?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,743 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 5:59:13 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Fernando truly used all the tools at his disposal, “That's nice of them,” she probably should have used her resources too but she kept to herself, letting her many healing pokemon cater to her wounds.

“Slowly but surely,” her tone is both reassuring but skeptical. Her right leg tenses under the duress of focus, “Bullet wounds take a while,” especially when it had to be dug out, “I’ll be back to training soon en-”

A rhythmic alarm interrupts her thoughts, and she spins around quickly to silence it, “I gotta get back to work so . . . Have fun with all that,” she vaguely motions to the ELECTRIZER. She seems hesitant to spin on her heels and head back to her work, lingering for an extra breath.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 6:13:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

“HM.”

that should be the end of it. a conversation interrupted by the obligation of work. a commitment they both champion despite the self immolation it brings between them.

the ELECTRIZER is forgotten into his pant’s pocket.

how long will you be tonight, morales?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,743 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 6:51:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 His question forces her to pause briefly, casting a look over her shoulder, “A few hours,” there’s no use lying, he no doubt has rats in the walls that report to him. He seems particularly interested in her work habits, “Time sensitive stuff, but mostly waiting.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 7:03:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

“OH,” he says with some layers of familiarity. “running some tests?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,743 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 7:20:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Yes,” she turns back around with a tentative smile, “If you’re bored, you can stick around,” though she doubts Fernando Silph has an empty plate, “Definitely won’t be any more exciting.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PURLOIN
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 7:31:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PURLOIN

mission

“HM,” is a voice of judgement. “why don’t you nap while you wait.

a cursory glance at the clock reminds him of how long he’s been here. a moment’s thought calculates what time he anticipates her leaving.

for a moment, he considers cutting off the laboratory’s electricity.

silph co. scientist work in rotations to sub between each other. gives them breaks to rest and freshen themselves up.

this time he looks to his watch.

i’m surprise you don’t ask to stay to swap with you.