1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 17:13:08 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
As the door's bell rang, Callan stepped into the flower shop, a figure as out of place as a desert cactus among a meadow of daisies. Grasping a bag of Gracidea seeds, he navigated through the myriad potted plants across the shop with hesitant steps.

The mingled perfume of flowers and the damp earth's scent were familiar, he missed the smell of the forest. From the offices of Evergrande to the oil-rust of Slateport. It was a nice recall back to his Rangering history.

Callan made his way towards the counter, the wooden floorboards creaking under his weight. "Hello, is Willow Atkins here?" He began, "I was recommended here by a friend."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 2:45:40 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

callan is greeted by a young girl, no older than eighteen, and juggling half a dozen bouquets in her hands. a leavanny tucks more and more stems into her arms with decisive strokes. she has to strain her neck to peer around a huge sunflower to greet him as he walks in. 

"oh, yes. uh, she's tending to the gardens, sir. just go right out that door there."

she gestures with her elbow and sighs exasperatedly when the phone goes off and a little machine on her counter starts printing out another order. 

outside, willow is beside her greenhouse. a few gloom mill about her while an assortment of grass-type pokemon look on. one turtwig attempts to keep them all together while she digs her shovel into the broken earth at her feet. 

she leans back, wipes the back of her gloved hand over her brows, and then notices the newcomer. 

"can i help you?"
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 2:21:51 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Thank you," Callan helps hold the flowers as she gets the phone, he places it into the Leavanny's arms before heading towards the elbowed direction.

The immediate smell of Gloom nectar hits his nose like an uppercut. He winces, unused to the intensity of natures smells. The greenhouse swelters with heat, intensifying the sensation of mugginess as he walks towards the grass-types and her alleged trainer.

"Hello. Willow, right?" Callan begins, watching as the florist did her work. Dirt, mulch, a shovel, and sweat of the brow. Callan extends a hand out. "I'm Callan, I was referred to here by a friend, ."

Most likely, Willow would have known what had happened. Callan did not try to open up a wound.

"I was wondering if I could get your advice on Gracidea seeds. I've managed to get some, I was wondering if you could give me some advice as to how to grow them." He looks towards the patches of dirt on the floor. "Can I help with the digging?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 18:13:08 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"that's me," she says with a smile. she rears the shovel back and then spades the earth with a grunt, affording her something to lean on while he talks to her. he stretches out his hand, but his referral makes her startle. the smile slips somewhat, but she takes his hand nonetheless. 

"you know elisa? have you seen her? is she alright? i've been worried sick."

he continues onward, asking about gracidea seeds. her own flowers are growing, as per elisa's instruction - one of the last gifts from her before she went missing. but she could care less about the seeds, and about his reason for being here, if he knows anything about her.

the gloom, sensing willow's unease, start to drool a bit more. 
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 14:30:24 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I-- umm..." Callan's eyes widen slightly as Willow suddenly asks several questiosn in a row. Unconsciously he holds in a breath to stop himself from feeling overwhelmed, taking the silence to spread the questions apart in his mind.

What did she ask again? In order. In order.

Did he know Elisabeth? Had he seen her recently? Is she alright?

"Only as an acquaintance, I'm afraid. And... no, not recently." He pauses briefly, the last time he had actually spoken to the woman was probably around last year. He doubted that counted as recent. The Gloom's Stench was becoming far more prevalent, perhaps influenced by the trainer.

"I don't know. I was hoping someone around Petalburg would." Callan purses his lips, clearly the seeds would take a secondary priority here. He'll have to ask someone else. He slips the bag back into his backpack. "She seems to be important to you."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:56:38 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

it's his expression that makes her realize the glooms' stress. she crouches down and, with her hand (protected by thick gardening gloves), wipes some of the drool away and shakes it out. "stop that now," she chides and shoos them away. gideon hurts them away from the soil and leaves the two trainers alone. 

"oh," she says, trying not to look as disappointed as she felt. she notices him putting the seeds away and shucks off her gloves. 

"she was - is. it's just so...unlike her. but i'm sorry. you came here for something and i made it all about me." she drops the gloves. 

"i know where those should be planted, at least. if you don't mind, i'll just need to tell ophelia i'll be gone for a few hours, and we can head to petalburg."
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 15:00:47 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nods, "You care about her. That's more than alright." Grief was the price paid for caring.

He wished he could say for certain where the florist had went, but anything he would have spoken about at present would have been hearsay at best.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." He had no clue it was going to be a several hour trip, but all the more reason he was glad he had a guide in Willow.

Callan waited outside for the florist to finish up with the shop, he suppresses the urge to light a cigarette whenever he had free time, and follows Willow when she heads out the shop.

"How long have you been working as a florist, Willow?" He asked out of curiosity.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 18:39:05 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

with the shop all squared away, they head off. ophelia's look of utter terror had flashed to instant relief when shouldered his way in, promising will they'd be able to manage. 

"since i was a teenager, really. we moved here from rustboro and my dad fell in love with this quaint little life all over again." she shrugs her shoulders. 

she tucks a lock of hair behind her ear and looks sideways at him with a small smile. "sorry for not recognizing you earlier, by the way. we're pretty small town and the only time i hear about the elite four is when they're on the news. but it's callan, right?"
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 14:17:46 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's eyes briefly spy the tall, lanky, tattooed figure of a former ranger as he leaves with Willow.

That's where he vaguely remembers her from.

Callan follows suit, and sucks in the smell of forest air. The Petalburg Woods was dry, piney, smelling of loam.

"Your dad did?" Callan replied, turning his attention to her as he listened. Callan paused for a moment, trying to figure out the tick in his thought process from what she said.

For Willow, it was the feelings of her father about Petalburg, and not her, that came first.

"How about you Willow? How'd you find it?" He asked, his eyes turning towards her.

The walk extended out into a path of strewn leaves and relatively firm ground. Callan stepped over the gnarled root of a tree as he followed Willow's guidance.

He smiles as she speaks his name, giving a nod of confirmation. "Oh, that's totally fine." He presses a hand to his neck, his eyes snap from her to the ground, "Not much of a headliner nowadays, which is a nice change of pace." He chuckles, having the silence fill the pause.

"That was , right?" Callan asked, as his gaze returned back to Willow, "How're you guys going along nowadays? Things were radio silent for a bit after umm," He winces, realizing his mistake, "After the fight at the ball."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 17:33:45 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"mhm," she affirms when he mentions her dad, but she's surprised when he turns the question back around on her. what she does remember of rustboro is swathed in sepia tones, nothing but childhood memories, but visiting it as an adult, she can safely say she prefers her secluded life on the farm to the bustle of the city. 

"i fell in love with it too. all flowers mean something, you know. it's beautiful, i think, being able to tell someone your feelings in not so many words."

their walk is leisurely. no wild pokemon to bother them as they go. taillow twitter in the trees and others rustle about in the undergrowth. she still has a couple of pokeballs on her hip. from bo's recounts, she knows these woods aren't as save as they had been. 

she laughs at his question. "yeah, that was bo. he's good." her smile quirks. "he's taking the quiet life in stride."

they pull away from the beaten path and onto a trail that will take them to the woods. back to the spot where she planted her own gracidea seed with

"have you ever thought of a life like that? even if you're not, uh, headlining anymore, i'm sure you're still plenty busy."
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 15:55:04 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Yeah, sharing your deepest feelings with a gift for someone special - that's a beautiful thing." A wistful smile tugs at his lips. He gazes at the ground, then looks back to Willow.

He's relieved when she takes it in stride. "Well, that's good to hear," he says. "I know a lot of people like Bo. Kind souls, they just struggle sometimes to find their footing again. Seems he's lucky to have your support. I'm glad for that."

They come upon the garden. Callan surveys the space, crouching down to run the rich soil through his fingers. Decay had obscured much of the forest, but this place felt untouched. Safe.

"Life stays busy, truth be told."

Willow's question gives him a moment's pause. "The quiet life, hmm?" He considers this, thoughtful. Facing her again, Callan stands. "Well, I grew up in Mauville, lived in Slateport - the city's always been home for me. Not sure I know how to live too quiet."

His smile returns, tinged with wistfulness. "I gave it a go once though, about five years back. I have a little girl - when her mama and I were together, we put down roots when we found out she was coming." His gaze turns distant. "But it didn't work out for the three of us in the end."

Callan grimaces. "It's a long story, and one that's probably too full of self-pity to trouble you with." He turns his focus from Willow to the Gracidea seed.

"They say when you plant it, you're meant to feel grateful, right? What did you feel grateful for?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 20:41:37 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"he's a good person," she agrees. and she's always known that, of course. she's never thought him a bad person. even after finding out about all the rocket stuff, it's...life stays busy? life stays complicated. but she's never really known it any other way. 

as they enter the grove, she checks her own plot of soil. not so long ago she'd been here with , planting their dreams for the future together. she wonders, briefly, if he ended up asking penny to be his date for the wedding after all.

"it's not for everyone," she says and lifts her gaze. she understands, really. raising a kid had been hard at her age, but she never did it alone. her mother and father were a big part of ro's life. she always knew the meaning of the word family. 

but mom and dad and kid all under one roof, well, that had taken some time. 

"i'm still figuring things out," she says and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "i'm fairly busy, but if you ever want someone to talk to, well, i get it." 

she moves the seeds around in his palm with her fingers and then smiles. with a squat, and spade in hand, she starts clearing dirt.

"my family. my courage. my life, really. hard not to be grateful, even if it's hard sometimes."
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 15:48:11 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I'll be sure to visit again." Callan replies, as he turns his focus back to Willow. "If you wouldn't mind this bum coming in and complaining a while." He self-effaces with a thumb gesturing towards himself.

Callan hears Willow's words and forms a wistful smile. A half crescent graces his lips as he stares into the Gracidea seed. "Hard not to." Callan repeats, but finds it difficult for himself to start. He rarely practiced gratitude. Gratitude was wanting less, and he had always wanted more.

This might be one of the hardest Pokemon he'd have to raise. As Willow swirls the seed in her fingers, Callan's eyes look p towards her, "Oh, right, it's time." Embarassment flushes the edges of his ears red, as he begins to take his own spade to help dig out a plot for the seeds.

A suitable trench was dug, just enough for roots to dig through, without the stem needing too much time to bloom upwards. Now came the hard part.

"Yeah." He replies, unsure himself, "What am I grateful for."

His takes his spade, and begins to pitch dirt back onto the seeds. "I'm grateful you came all the way out here, to show me this place, and to help me build out this flowerbed. Even though you didn't have anything to gain, you still did it out of the kindness of your heart."

Callan begins, "It's rare, to find this level of kindness in the places I've lived and the work I do." He pauses, as a stream of consciousness begins to flow through the crack. The dirt continues to pile onto the patch they've been digging up.

"I'm grateful for the opportunities that were given to me. The trust others have in me. I'm very fortunate to be in my position, and I know many others who were in my shoes and didn't manage to get the same chances, because they weren't lucky enough to find the people kind enough to give them the same chances." Using the back of his pail, he begins to smooth out the dirt, before continuing to pile more.

"I'm grateful that I didn't give up in my darkest moments," Callan finishes piling the dirt back onto the patch, "because sunlight is beautiful. And even if there's more night in the coming days, I know there's going to be sunlight again." The back of his spade spreads the dirt evenly across the ground, he dusts his dirt covered hands off and takes a pail, sprinkling water over the loam until it turns a rich brown.

"Thank you, Willow, this was nice." Callan smiled towards the florist, "Shall we head back to the shop?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Autumntide | Gracidea
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 19:16:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: