242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
Hello At the End of the Sword [M][O]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 12:19:21 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]During the battle for Dewford, Lydia felt something she had not in some time: purpose. The familiarity of the battlefield was a comfort—like the embrace f an old friend or worn blanket. In those hours, she played a part in evacuating dozens of civilians. She assisted in the recovery of numeros League assets, going so far as to explode poisonous crates to keep them out of the wrong hands.

The gunshot to her shoulder and other injuries went almost unnoticed. The song and fire of battle raged through her veins. It was like giving a circus tiger its first taste of the outdoors in years. But then, as suddenly as it started, the battle ended. She was dismissed to her home. And, just like that, the tiger was caged again. Its incessant pacing wearing groves in the floor. Its scarred limbs left to feel the pain and costs of that freedom.

And, with his temporary disappearance to parts unknown, Lydia did not even have the on-and-off detain of @amor to distract her from that emptiness. After a few days of bed rest, her arm still healing, she wandered from home in search of distraction. Perhaps an ansswer to her questions. What was this Gallade like creature who chose to accompany her. The robotic thing had been released a handful of times since arriving home, but it’s only desire seemed to be battle.

Upon reaching the park’s center, Lydia tossed out the ball containing the Iron Valiant. The creature wthout a name—as lost and caged as its new companion. It pranced before her, the blade she almost impaled it on leaping to life in its limbs. Lydia sighed, eyes dropping to the cast at her side. “I am afraid my sword arm is…infirm.” Her fingers gave a ripple at her side, wishing the damned thing better.

So, instead, the pink-eyes slipped to the Gallade and Lycanroc at her side. With a shout, the psychic-type leaped for its contemporary. Its blade flashed as the male rose a blade to defend itself. Lydia, meanwhile, dropped into the grass nearby. Petite legs curled in along themselves as a Lycanroc dropped into the embrace of a crooked arm. “Try not to make him bleed. There is as much skill in appropriate force as in blitzkrieg.” The fairy-type’s eyes blinked on-and-off like a traffic light.

Blue eyes watched the clash. Hungrily.

But, then, someone approached. For whatever reason, this person attracted the Iron Valiant—still a nameless hunk of metal—and its blade. With a beep, it leapt toward the trainer who strayed to close. Its blade lowered, the tip pointed at the interloper. Its face almost smiled.

Huffing, the Gallade rushed after the robotic beast. Its arm lifted for pause. Images and emotions flooded through everyone’s mind. A stop sign on an empty road. A handshake with a gloved middle finger. This ended with an x. “Excuse my—-nngh—” Lydia forced herself to her feet. The aching shoulder lit up like hellfire. “--companion.” The Iron Valiant beeped in confusion. “They are…new.”

To this dimension. To this reality. To existence itself.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

@open

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #ACDEF7; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #ACDEF7;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #ACDEF7;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
nursing on a poison that never stung
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
lay me gently in the cold, dark earth
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 18:16:06 GMT
raphael dos plumas Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Spring had come to Hoenn in an explosion of color, heat, and the unfathomable, bottomless damp that came from being a small landmass surrounded by oceans. Raph hated it. He carded a hand through his sweaty hair and chewed on the end of his cigarette irritably.

Halcyon was a shadow above him, swooping in and out of the path of the sun. Unlike her trainer, the Fearow held an intense dislike for the frigid, locking cold Kyurem’s winter had descended upon them; she relished the chance to stretch her wings, riding the young thermals as they spiraled up off the park’s paved blacktop paths, sweeping through the cottony down of tree seeds and the aroma of spring blooms.

Raph wished, not for the first time, that he could be as free as his partner.

He wasn’t sure what he was searching for, today-- an easy mark or something to lift. Sometimes park picnickers dozed and left valuables free for the taking if you were sneaky enough, and he tended to be.

What he certainly hadn’t expected was to almost suddenly walk into the tip of a sword, throat first. He swallowed, head stretching back in a comical Earthworm Jim-like impression, hands held up in innocence.

I ain’t even stole nothing yet, he thought, but he swapped his cigarette to the other side of his mouth, eyes gone wide underneath his sunglasses.

“I, uh, come in peace?”

Nearby, a blonde woman rose up out of the grass, making a kind of noise that Raph thought maybe he’d heard someone gutpunched make, once.

“You alright there, sugar pea?”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 13:54:07 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","lydiamag"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The glowing eyes of the Iron Valiant stared down Raphael. It beeped intermittently, the sound reminiscent of a fax machine. Its expression remained flat—a task made easier by its metal exterior. The man’s assertions merely received a tilted head in response. [break][break]

Peace could only be obtained through victory. The hierarchy must be established and friendships formed by the blade. “Gal!” Hermes locked muscular arms around the creature, moving to pull it away. The fairy-fighting Pokemon's arm remained extended even as the Gallade pulled it away. [break][break]

“I won't let them to harm you. I, again, apologize for their uncouth behavior.” While there was nothing wrong with a chivalrous battle, it was something to be willingly entered into by both parties. Though she was grateful that the automaton had stopped challenging toddlers to armed combat. That had made yesterday’s outing quite awkward. Now standing at full height—a very diminutive 5’0”--Lydia would walk toward Raphael.[break][break]

His use of a nickname drew a subtle wrinkling of the nose—a decidedly rabbit-like expression. Sweet titles were reserved for lovers and grandparents. They were not to be shed Lydia.She stressed. After allowing a moment for the request to set in, she turned to answer the question. “I'm doing better.” She rotated the shoulder, ignoring the pain that flared. “A bullet chipped the bone and tore some muscle.” Her hand lifted briefly to the pendant “I am fortunate his aim was so poor.”[break][break]

Though, as neither had erased the other, it would be more accurate to say everyone’s aim was subpar.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lycanroc form-midday"]

[newclass=".lydiamag"]--accent:#ACDEF7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:11px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/de/61/TNlLmyUq_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lydiamag blockquote b { font-size:11px!important } .lydiamag blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:06:29 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Whatever the fuck this thing was, it kept making AOL dial-up noises at him. “This beast got internet connection?” Raph asked, used, sadly, to staring down the crux of a weapon-- knife or gun or fist or foot made no difference. “Is it wi-fi enabled?”

A Gallade stepped up and ballerina lifted the robot version of itself-- that’s what it was, Raph was realizing now-- and the blonde who’d just sounded like she’d popped every single stitch in her skin apologized for the inconvenience.

“S’fine. Ain’t a day ‘till I get almost-stabbed, I guess.” He lowered his hands to his sides with a clap, slipping them into his pockets. “Lydia.”

She rolled her shoulder like a pitcher getting ready to shut down a game.

“You seen a doctor for that?” he asked, taking his smoke between two fingers and ashing it on a nearby garbage can. “What do they do for a-- a bone chip?” he added, in case she was under the illusion he cared, instead of asking out of a sort of morbid curiosity blossoming under the shadow of collective experience.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 11:39:38 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The woman expected a scolding or a burst of fear. What she did not expect was Raphael’s strange sense of curiosity. For a moment, she stuttered like a dial-up connection. Big blue eyes blinked a few times as Lydia tried to process what he was asking. “I—I do not believe so, no.” The noises increased in volume at the word ‘beast,’ its digital eyes shiting into something displeased. “Nor is it...wi-fi enabled.” Or, at least, she did not believe it was. It was not as if she had tried to connect to it.[break][break]

Thin lips pursed into a tight line. If this was an attempt at minimizing the situation, it seemed strangely flippant. “Does that not…concern you?” It reminded her of a similar conversation she had with her cousin. Somehow she doubted his reasons for being targeted were as noble as those of . At the acknowledgment of her name, she returned a small smile of acknowledgment. She no longer wish she had waited to call the Paradox Pokemon back.[break][break]

“I did.” The woman responded. Though she was not certain chip was the proper word for it. It was merely something she did not wish to seem like a big deal. “The surgeons had to take the bullet out.” Fortunately, after her previous discharge, she had grown experienced with medical stays. Though maddening—leaving her pacing like a caged Arcanine—she could now tolerate the boredom. In her sling, muscular fingers flexed at the edge. Almost as if to prove they were working.[break][break]

Then, her nose wrinkled. Cigarettes were a nasty habit. “I do not believe I caught your name, Mister—?” She slid her gaze over to her Gallade and Iron Valiant. She really needed to come up with a name for the strange creature. It made meetings like this much more awkward.

[break][break]

[newclass=".lydiamag"]--accent:#ACDEF7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:11px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/de/61/TNlLmyUq_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote b, .lydiamag blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lydiamag blockquote b { font-size:10px!important } .lydiamag blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lydiamag .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 14:39:06 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Huh. What’ll they think of next,” he wondered in a flat tone of voice, looking through his shades at the strange mix between a Gallade and an office-grade fax machine.

Her question made him pause, and he shifted back a bit, to think. “Nah, not really. Prob’ly should, but. Is what it is.” He was far too simple a man to worry about things like that.

He listened as she explained her injury and the processes that went into its healing; good for her, he thought, remembering the last time he’d had to dig a bullet out of his flesh. It hadn’t been at a hospital, it’d been in the back of some bar, biting on his own belt and spilling cheap vodka on the wound for sterilization. Thankfully he’d stopped getting ghost-twinges of pain when remembering his old hurts because he would be wincing everywhere.

“Raph,” he said, when prompted, wiping his hands on his jacket (out of habit) and holding one out for her to shake.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 19:55:10 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The woman’s lips pursed together. A blonde brow rose until it disappeared in her mess of tow bangs. This man seemed—or at least his words implied—to think they had been manufactured on an assembly line. The very idea of such sacrilege raised her figurative hackles. A series of beeps came from the steel type next to her. What its exact thoughts were was difficult to extrapolate. A single question emerged from Lydia’s lips. “Who or what is they?”[break][break]

The noblewoman blinked. There was not much she could say to a comment like that. The sheer ease with which this man accepted his fate-to play pincushion to the world—was astounding. “Huh.” A meaningless, little gasp of air emerged between pale lips. It gave her time to think of a response. If there was one thing Lydia disliked, it was leaving a conversation open-ended. Loose ends were not something the soldier was comfortable with. “Well, you seem to have been fortunate so far.” The man was not in the hospital nor did he seem to be missing any fingers or toes. “With Arceus’s blessing, that luck may hold.”[break][break]

As his hand reached forward, Lydia would do the same. Her fingers offered an obligatory squeeze as she acknowledged his name with a nod.
“Lydia. Magnusson.” After a moment, she pulls back. Perhaps it would help to get a different perspective. I must not be so inflexible. A tiny hand ushers the steel paladin forward. Its blade now rests easily in its jointed steel fingers. Its head tilts as it stares down at Raphael.[break][break]

Mimicking its trainer, the Paradox Pokemon offered a hand. But it was turned the wrong way and still curled into a fist. Gears whir as its head tilts. “We haven’t been able to settle on a name.” A resigned breath followed. “Do you have any suggestions, monsieur?”

[break][break]

[newclass=".lydiamag blockquote b, .lydiamag blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .lydiamag blockquote b { font-size:10px!important } .lydiamag blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 20:52:02 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Raph answered with a noncommittal shrug of his shoulders and, out of habit, slapped a palm over his chest pocket where he kept his smokes.

“You know. The powers that be. Science. Technology. God. What the hell ever.”

Scrutinizing the creations of the world, regardless of how they came into existence, was way above his pay grade.

“I like to think I make my own fortune, miss Magnusson,” Raph continues, eying the proffered mechanical fist with a healthy dose of suspicion and twice as much stupid bravery. He gently bounced his own closed knuckles off the metal ones in a general approximation of a fist bump.

“Oh, I dunno. My names aren’t all that pretty.”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 0:53:09 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The blonde blinked. This was a truly odd man. Most people she was acquainted with possessed a very clear view of the universe’s order. Whether that be acknowledging the truthful light of Arceus’s guiding hand or complete denial of deities and their powers. For a moment, the veteran is pensive. Then, in an attempt at cordiality, she settled for a vague, emphatic response. “I see.”
[break][break]
Still, she supposed there was something to be admired in his ignorance. It took a strong soul to admit a fault. It is admittedly something she herself struggles with. The insistence on making his fate draws a single nod. She bows slightly from the waist. “If that is what comforts you, I have no issue with it.” Her God was a kind one. He encouraged the roots to grow per his plan, but he did not prune them as a gardener might an unruly branch. Free will was a thing of beauty.

[break][break]

LED screens blinked out as knuckles met steel. For an instant, it seems like the gesture shortcircuited the Iron Valiant. But the magenta irises soon return with a flash. “Brzzt?” It pulls its hand back with a mechanical frown. It turns its limb over curiously as if expecting damage. With a noise of consternation, the psychic type begins gently tapping its knuckles together.

Blue eyes slid toward the awkward automaton. “I believe pretty is the precise opposite of what I need, monsieur.”

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights