Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Working Hard[S/C]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 6:00:54 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[attr="class","setting"]

Multiple people were out sick so they were a bit understaffed. Because of that he had to also wait some tables in-between cooking. Luckily they weren’t to understaffed when it came to the kitchen staff so the other chefs could help him keep up with the cooking. His lack of eyesight made it hard to wait the tables though.
[break][break]
And he was sure if he hadn’t memorized the layout of the place it would be even harder. His Manectric was helping to guide him as well. He didn’t usually didn’t have his larger Pokémon out in the restaurant but the patrons didn’t seem to mind as long as the electric type didn’t get to close to their food.
[break][break]
Despite her size Tempest was able to easily find paths between tables and he was able to give people the food they ordered making sure to give people the right food. Feeling a bit worn out he decided to take a small break at a table not really paying attention to rather or not it was already occupied.
[break][break]
”Just got to get through the day,” he said to the Manectric. The electric type rubbed her hand against his hand making him smile. ”Suppose we should get back to it,” he muttered already moving to get up.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this is okay

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nyx

she/her
eighteen
february 17
Lavaridge Town
hetero
maid
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
Honoré Nara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @honore
Honoré Nara
Working Hard[S/C]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 0:04:10 GMT
Honoré Nara Avatar
.:sunshine on a cloudy day:.
When Honoré arrived in Lilycove, she spent many minutes gawking at the size of the buildings and the amount of people bustling around. Cinder, her Ninetales, stayed close to her trainer's side. Neither had been in a city so large before, let alone beyond Lavaridge Town, and the sight was impressive.

As she pointed a finger in the air at a building to show Cinder, Honoré's stomach growled furiously. Cinder looked at her, and she giggled in embarrassment. "Oops, I guess I forgot to eat while we were travelling," she said. Cinder sniffed the air for a moment before she tugged at Honore's skirt. Obeying her pokemon, she followed her Ninetales to a restaurant.

Ninetales sat next to the door, her tails wrapped elegantly around her front legs. She didn't like to go into buildings that weren't familiar to her, and they were both unsure of the proper city etiquette. "I won't be long, Cinder, and I promise I'll bring you something," she assured her. She petted Cinder's sleek fur and went inside.

The restaurant seemed busy, but Honoré was sat immediately. Stowing her travelling bag under the table, she ordered her food promptly, picking things that seemed filling and that would stretch her dollars. She was fully enjoying the food's wonderful flavor. It was easily the best thing she had ever eaten; the Elders in Lavaridge Town weren't exactly good cooks, but this food was excellent.

When a red-haired young man Honoré's age sat at her table, she froze, the fork halfway to her mouth. When he spoke to his Manectric, she couldn't help but smile at their relationship. As he was moving to get up, she interrupted, "Oh! um, please, won't you sit for a little bit? You seem tired-- you and your Manectric both." It didn't occur to her that she was inviting this random man to sit with her, nevermind that she hadn't introduced herself. Instead, she smiled at him pleasantly while waiting to see what he did.

// wc: 332 // occ notes: this is gonna be great! //

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Working Hard[S/C]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 2:57:44 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

The voice surprised him having been to focused on trying to get a small break in that he hadn’t noticed the girls presence. To his credit only the slight pause he had before turning to face her was the only indication of his surprise. ”Forgive me I didn’t realize anyone else was sitting here,” he said giving the young woman an apologetic smile.
[break][break]
It took a few seconds for all of what she had said to sink in. ”Not to throw your kindness back in your face, but are you sure it’s wise to allow someone you don’t even know to join you? You’re lucky I’m not dangerous but there are dangerous people that make Hoenn their home. Don’t be so quick to trust someone,” he told her a worried look briefly showing up at the thought of her getting taken advantage of, before being replaced by a welcoming expression.
[break][break]
”Though if you really don’t mind I’ll take you up on that. I’m sure the rest of the staff will be able to hold down the fort while I rest for a few minutes,” he said as he sat back down. The fact she was so willing to allow him to join her was definitely surprising. He wondered why she had though.
[break][break]
Was it because she had noticed he was blind. Or was it like she said? That she wanted him to sit with her because he seemed tired. He hoped it really was because him and Tempest seemed tired.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nyx

she/her
eighteen
february 17
Lavaridge Town
hetero
maid
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
Honoré Nara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @honore
Honoré Nara
Working Hard[S/C]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 22:09:05 GMT
Honoré Nara Avatar
"Oh, no worries, it's no trouble at all," Honoré replied with a smile of her own. It was nice to have a little company in such an unfamiliar place, and being around people her own age wasn't something she had gotten to do often at home. 

Her smile dipped into a slight frown as she considered his words. From the look on his face, it seemed that his warning was out of concern and not to be mean, and Honoré decided to graciously take the advice. He definitely had a point- she didn't know him at all, and she probably should be a bit more careful in the future. But, of course, here they were having a nice chat without anything bad happening, so maybe she'd only adjust her habits a teensy bit?

"Oh! Uh, yeah, you're probably right," she mused. I guess I might have been a little too forward to invite you to sit; if my Ninetales Cinder was here, she probably would have nipped me," she admitted with a giggle. "Being hospitable is the right thing to be, even if it bites me in the butt later," she added with a shrug. "But! I saw how you were interacting with your Manectric, and I felt you'd be good company. I'm glad I asked you to sit." Her justification made sense to her, and she hoped he, too, would see it like she did. People who were kind to pokemon must be kind to people too, surely. She beamed at him from across the table, her smile genuine.

Not realizing he had been in work clothes until this point, her eyes widened. "Oh, you work here?! That explains why you look so tired! The food is soooooo good! I was going to offer you some of it, but if you work here, then I bet you can eat it all of the time," she giggled. She realized that she was still holding her fork in the air, and she set it down. As she bowed slightly in her seat, her bangs falling into her face, she said, "I'm Honoré Nara, and it is nice to meet you."

// wc: 359 // occ notes: n/a //

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Working Hard[S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 17:52:21 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

To his relief she didn’t seem offended that he hadn’t noticed her. He figured Tempest had just wanted him to get rested as soon as possible. In the future he would have to warn the electric type about that. The woman was understanding but a different person might not be.
[break][break]
Hearing her anecdote about her Ninetails he couldn’t help but let out an amused chuckle. ”None of my own Pokémon would do something like that. But Venus, she’s my Serperior, would give me one of her glares. I might not be able to see them but I can feel them,” he told her with a small laugh as he thought of the serpentine Pokémon.
[break][break]
As she mentioned being hospitable he nodded in agreement. Less and less people were practicing that. There were so many inconsiderate people in this day and age. He waited until she had finished speaking to speak. ”Being hospitable is dying out. Less and less people are hospitable with others,” he said with a small frown before continuing.
[break][break]
”Also even an evil person could be good towards their Pokémon. Maybe because they prefer Pokémon over people or because it’s an act,” he said still frowning. He didn’t like to think of how evil some people could be. ”I would still like to believe there’s good in everyone though,” he admitted quietly, almost to quietly.
[break][break]
Her voice pulled him out of his thoughts and he smiled when he heard her compliment. ”Thank you it means a lot to hear that someone likes my food. I usually stay in the kitchen since I’m a chef. But some of our waiters got sick making us understaffed. Since I also own the restaurant I couldn’t very well ask anyone else to take on more work so I decided to work the floor as well,” he explained, letting her know why he was working the floor when he was a chef.
[break][break]
”Nice to meet you as well Honoré, my name’s Shinobu Fujimori.”[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nyx

she/her
eighteen
february 17
Lavaridge Town
hetero
maid
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
Honoré Nara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @honore
Honoré Nara
Working Hard[S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 21:34:41 GMT
Honoré Nara Avatar

“I would say you’re hospitable, too,” she replied warmly. “If what you say is true, then not many people would be willing to share a table with a stranger.” She grinned, proud of herself for having learned something of the world beyond Lavaridge Town. Every little tidbit of information seemed  She was glad, too, that she had found someone like herself, willing to be friendly and chat. “But, since you own a restaurant, you kind of have to be hospitable, no?” she teasingly pointed out.

While it hadn’t been apparent to her initially, she knew what he had meant by saying he could feel his Serperior’s glare rather than see it. Blindness was something she had much second hand experience with; many of the elders in her town had varying degrees of vision impairment, and she knew how many of them had felt about it. And she wasn’t going to treat the chef any different.

She tapped the table while she thought. “Hey, don’t you have any family or friends who could help you at your restaurant? Then you wouldn’t have to do it all by yourself.”

“Oh, and you definitely look like a Shinobu,” she blurted, clapping her hands together.

// wc: 201 // occ notes: so sorry!! I thought I had sent this ;( //

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Working Hard[S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 22:36:21 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”Well I do try but I admit I’ve been less than civil before. It’s why I try not to let stress or others things get to me or I can get a snippy,” he admitted. When first dealing with his blindness on top of grieving for his sister he had been a little hostile with his speech. He’d never been the violent type though.
[break][break]
Hearing what she had to say he nodded. ”True, I have to at least be civil. I’m lucky that there’s not people that I don’t care for. Since I feel it would be harder to be hospitable with people you don’t like,” he said the first part was said with amusement but he was more serious for the rest.
[break][break]
She brought up a good point. Those it wasn’t like his friends and family didn’t have their own lives. He couldn’t just ask them to drop everything to help him out. Though he was sure some might if he asked. His aunt definitely would if he asked and would lecture him if she knew about this. The problem of course would’ve been finding whatever jobs around the restaurant would fit them.
[break][break]
Though he was sure part of it had to do with his independent nature though. Something he would leave out of his response. ”They have their own lives and I felt I could handle it. I guess trying to do everything is asking too much though,” he said. ”At least I can say it was a learning experience,” he pointed out.
[break][break]
Her comment about his name gave him pause. ”Thanks, no one’s ever told me I looked like my name before,” he told her. Of course it wasn’t a compliment, or what he assumed was a compliment, he could return since he could see her.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights