skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 9:36:56 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Skyler had picked this spot specifically for its gentle waves and forgiving tides. A pool of shallow cobalt sparkled under the rising sun, sheltered from the might of the ocean by a string of rocky outcroppings and tiny sand islets in-between.

On any normal day, flocks of screeching Wingull would perch on these shores, no doubt concocting malicious strategies on how to free fishermen of their precious cargo. Today, however, they'd been chased away by a puffed-up, spiky ball of fur. 

Dorado puffs his chest out like he'd seen his beloved captain do countless times before, proudly overlooking the secured cove.

The captain in question stands in the gentle surf, beckoning him over with a small gesture.

"Right. Today will be the day, Dorado, I can feel it." There isn't a shred of doubt in Skyler's voice, not even as she reaches for the Lapras-shaped floatie. Dorado dutifully raises his paw and allows the floatie to be put around his torso, as he does every week.

Dorado's nod is endearingly serious, drinking in every drop of Skyler's confidence in him - no doubt colored by a sizeable amount of hero worship.

Sunlight's kissing the skies a faint amber luminance when he takes to the still-darkened waters with reckless gusto, eager to show off. The waters drag his steely fur down, but he valiantly fights against them to keep to the surface.

When he inevitably sinks, Skyler is there to pick him up. 

Her bright grin is a soothing balm over his disappointment. "Nearly there, honey. We got this. Again!" 

@ open
[get in sygna mission]
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
191 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 8:03:38 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Ah, another day at Lilycove City. Soyeon had been taking a bit of a day for herself as the sun shined down on her. She wore civilian clothes sans the lab coat now, wanting to work on getting less pale and pasty. In her hands was an infant Bulbasaur, enjoying its position as she cradled it in her arms. Small vines reached to drift behind her as its owner walked along and looked out to see two figures in the distance. The first was a woman in the water, but the second was a smaller Pokémon. One that she couldn't make out from a distance. But what she could see what the steel type sputtering around, trying to remain upright in the water. Soyeon stopped and watching out of feeliung anxious about the situation. The woman did pull him up but then placed him right back into the water.

"HEY!" Soyeon came running from afar. the worried Rocket scientist barreled over anything in her sprint towards the shore. Her feet tripped over the pavement and would have careened forward to faceplant with the street had it not been for Vacoule's vines pushing her back up before the impact. Now fully back on two feet, the woman stormed over to the other woman in a flurry.

"What're you doing?! Can't you see that he can't swim?" she asked, looking at the poor wet Perrserker. "Are you seriously trying to drown your Pokémon like that?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 14:04:51 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

"Drowning?"

What did she mean, drowning?

Skyler's expression is one of utter bewilderment as the accusation is all but thrown at her. It takes her some good long seconds for the information to be processed. If you looked carefully, you would've been able to see the exact moment realization sunk in - and the resulting confused blinking.

She looks down at the cat currently grabbing onto her leg, wet fur puffed out in furious indignation. Looks back up at the woman frantically rushing towards her. Looks back down. Dorado looks like he's about to go fight someone, malevolent yellow eyes fixed on the approaching figure. She can feel his claws sinking in, getting ready to leap.

Uh oh.

Making a lightning-fast decision, she grabs Dorado and holds him solidly against her chest. Her other hand rises in a wave, far too casual.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine!" Dorado hisses in her hold, clearly upset that someone had the gall to tell him he couldn't swim. "We've been doing this for years, I'm teaching him to swim. Look!"

Dorado hits the water like you'd expect a steel object to, but he doesn't sink immediately. His Lapras floatie does its job and Dorado's frantic movement carries him surprisingly swiftly. When Skyler realizes he's heading towards shore (with violent intentions), she pulls him back and onto her shoulders.

"See?"

[get in sygna mission]
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
191 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 8:57:27 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Sure, Soyeon had intervened in what she thought was some type of cruel and inhumane attempt and taking a Pokemon's life, but could she be blamed for what she had been witnessing? A woman just dunking a Meowth into the water below and nobody being around to stop them? She had to at least try and stop her. The blonde woman did hold the poor beast in her hands while trying to defuse the situation. The scientist wasn't too thrilled at her trying to brush this off, carrying an annoyed expression on her face as her eyes went to the Meowth who was fiercely attempting at getting away! Why else would he be trying to flail his arms around? It did have floaties around its arms to help it keep afloat. But then the woman would dunk the cat back into the water.

"H-Hey!" Soyeon went to then dive towards the shore as the poor thing was no doubt going to go back under the water, but to her surprise, it actually was starting to swim! Her eyes looked towards the cat approaching her in a fury before a timely intervention by the Meowth's owner had saved her from a flurry of cuts and scratches. Soyeon took a moment to ponder things in her head before then wincing at her haste minded decision.

"Sorry, I just saw you dunking him into the water and I got worried." she said, rubbing her upper arm while looking back at the fierce looking Meowth on the woman's shoulders. "But why are you teaching him how to swim? I could understand a Pokémon suitable for water, but a Meowth?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 8:23:16 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Thankfully, the misunderstanding resolved itself pretty quickly, partly thanks to Dorado's furious indignation. He shakes himself off on Skyler's shoulders, wet fur poofing out comically and giving him the appearance of a spiky, fluffy fur ball. If not for the malevolent yellow eyes, he could've cut an adorable figure.

Skyler flashes a lopsided grin at the approaching woman. "No harm done. That was a good instinct- might land you in trouble if you follow it often though." Skyler would definitely know.

Up on her shoulder, she feels the feline getting restless. With a swift swing of Skyler's toned arms, he's on the water splashing away in an attempt to keep himself afloat.

"Dorado joined me a few years ago, and he immediately fit right in. I'm a ship captain- and I gotta make sure my crew survives a trip at sea. And that means, y'know, swimming." She keeps an eye on the splashing Galarian Meowth, impressed that his weight hadn't pulled him under yet. "That, and Galarian Meowth supposedly used to live with a savage, seafaring people."

Dorado certainly had never shown a fear of water or the ocean in general. It does explain why he likes his beloved captain so much.

Still keeping an eye on the splashing Dorado, Skyler walks past the surf to extend a hand towards the other woman. "Skyler Dross, ship captain and Nautica co-owner."

[get in sygna mission]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
191 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 20:57:01 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Soyeon would purse her lips together at Skylar's advice. She'd remain a bit hesitant about the story, even if it did seem quite legitimate, and would have to reserve her thoughts until after this little interaction. But for now, she'd cast her gaze down to the Galarian Meowth currently dead set on trying to remain upright in the water. His splashes were adorable and Soyeon almost found herself fawning over the little guy. A laugh left her lips against her will, as she'd flash her eyes back towards the Meowth's owner.

"A sea captain, hm?" Soyeon repeated. "Do you go out often? I'd love to go out there one day. I'm not much of a swimmer, but I've always enjoyed feeling the sea breeze. It does make sense the more I think about it now." How could she be so daft at times? No wonder the poor Meowth was struggling to learn how to swim so fiercely. They were a species that resided in an environment that facilitated long stretches of journey on top of it. "Sorry again for the mixup."

She extended her hand and shook with Skylar's, her meek smile growing ever so slightly wider. "Nice to meet you, Captain Dross. I'm Soyeon, an Ultra Space scientist and aspiring Pokémon Professor. This is Vacoule, my lab assistant." The baby Bulbasaur would let out a soft cry towards Skylar, appearing content in between Soyeon's arms as he'd look down at Dorado with a clear interest in trying to float.

"Is there anything I can do to help you two?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 21:54:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
The hint of a mischievous smile pulls at the edges of Skyler's mouth. "No harm done. Though I think you might've hurt Dorado's pride." As if to illustrate this fact, the feline seems hellbent on splashing about with furious purpose. 

And, perhaps miraculously, he continues to keep himself afloat. From the corner of her eye, Skyler keeps him in her sights. Just in case.

"I go out almost every day. There's plenty of work to be found out there in the ocean if only you know where to look." Trust the not-exactly reformed treasure hunter to know exactly where to find all the ocean has to offer, and to look entirely too smug about it.

"It's usually a lot of diving, but it depends on the job. We salvage ships and cargo. Sometimes we do rescue missions." Sometimes they sink ships too - but better to keep that hush hush.

The mention of Ultra Space casts a passing shadow over Skyler's expression, and her grin falters ever so slightly. 

"A scientist, huh?" Skyler stretches, sighing with relief when something pops. "I've known a couple. Can't pretend to understand all the gibberish you guys are into, but good on you. I'm more of a practical woman myself." 

Dorado seems wholly desinterested in the tiny Bulbasaur, far too busy waging unholy war on the ocean. Skyler, however, leans forward to pat Vacoule. 

"Well... I think it's on Dorado now. He's..."

Here Skyler trails off, looking towards the shallows. Then, under her breath, in an amazed voice. "I think he's swimming."

[get in sygna mission]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
191 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 17:55:45 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
This poor Steel type was giving it his all, laughing in the face of adversity. He continued his defiance against the water and splashed about something fierce. Soyeon watched with a mild interest, though she was silently rooting for the little guy. "I can respect working out on the sea. It seems quite peaceful at certain points, but with little bouts of stress in between." She did envy the life, though had to wonder how people seemed to really live out there for weeks on end. She'd go crazy not being able to go on those nature walks.

Her choice of profession must have had some kind of effect on Skyler, as her expression faltered for a moment. Soyeon could see the draw of practicality for people. Her brain was just different, in a way. Not that it provided any advantage over anybody else's. "It's an interesting job. Every day is walking into a problem with no clear solution. But it's part of the fun I guess. Besides a crippling addiction to dark chocolate anyway." She laughed, albeit a tad nervously. "Before this, I actually wanted to be a Pokémon Professor. It's a funny story actually, but-"

Soyeon stopped as she watched Dorado paddle more and more, Vancouver receiving affection from Skyler. His vines playfully coiled around her hand and would enjoy the head pat. But then, against all odds, he would start doing it. Dorado was swimming! Well, paddling more like. But he wasn't drowning like he had been since they had met. "Oh my, he's actually doing it. He truly is a sea faring feline now." Soyeon mused to herself, cheering on the little guy.

"How long have you two been working on this?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 19:06:00 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
Conversations grinds to a halt in the face of the momentous occasion taking place right before her eyes. As she turns to face the ocean fully, she notices Dorado's floaties have deflated as expected, and were now stuck in the surf.

But that's okay, she thinks dazedly, because it didn't look as if they were needed anymore.

Dorado is still battling his way past the surface, but he hadn't sunken yet. His frantic movements had become less chaotic as he found a comfortable rhythm and leaned into it.

He's swimming. Actually swimming.

"We've... We've been working on this for years. Three, to be exact." Comes Skyler's amazed whisper, easily lost under the hiss of shallow waves breaking past the surface. She takes a few steps into the ocean without even realizing it. 

"Holy shit."

As if her brain had suddenly decided to catch up to the momentous occasion, Skyler whoops loudly. It catches Dorado's attention, and the feline only has the time to blink confusedly before the blonde grabs him and spins him up in the air.

"You did it, Dorado! Holy fuck, you were swimming!" 

The wet ball of fur blinks in astonishment, and a few secons later grins brightly down at his beloved captain - looking, if possible, even more unhinged and threatening than before. 

"We're goin' out drinking tonight!"

Was it unhealthy to give Pokemon alcohol? Very likely. Would it stop Skyler? Of course not. 

[get in sygna mission]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
191 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 4:56:04 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Much to her surprise, the poor feline was actually swimming beyond all odds. Soyeon watched with an impressed smirk, holding Vacoule with both arms as she laughed softly. "Congratulations. I think you have the world's first aquatic Meowth." To her laughter, she'd allow Skyler to absorb the discovery of her Pokemon that was swimming all on its own with a support expression. She cheered, happy to finally have achieved their goal after such long work. "3 years, all built up to this. I know it might not mean much considering we've only just met, but I'm proud of all that work that's gone into this."

Skyler reacted with such elation, throwing the furball into the air in a humorous display. Soyeon chuckled again, although a part of her did grow worried that this poor Meowth was going to get all frizzled if he kept being tossed into the air. Still, the scientist would at least be there for the show. Wait, she wanted to bring a Pokemon to drink beer? "That...probably isn't incredibly healthy, b-but I'm sure Dorado will be happy to get such a "reward" for his hard work. You wouldn't have room for another, would you? I'd be interested to hearing about any stories or anything you have on the seas."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 19:05:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
"Sure you wanna go? You know how it is with sailors and drinking." Skyler had a highly specialized skillset, and it all revolved around sailing and drinking. At least you couldn't accuse her of not knowing what she was about.

Dorado splashes about for a few more minutes, perhaps just so Skyler can be sure it isn't a fluke of some kind. Only when she's properly appeased does she turn her back on the ocean, feline hanging from her shoulder.

"If you are sure, you're more than welcome to join our merry party." Skyler smirks, making for the center of town wholly uncaring for the sand still stuck to her legs. "Fair warning, I'm not going easy either way."

From Skyler, that's as good an invitation as you could get. Curiosity lingers in her eyes, in the way she makes space for the other woman by her side as she walks back into town. Despite studying something that Skyler abhorred, herself intrigued the sailor. That, and Skyler never said no to an opportunity for a party when it presented itself.

And the more the merrier.

[get in sygna mission]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pirate in training [o/m]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 0:02:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: