part of
TAG WITH @calli
Calliope Alvara
NIGHTSHADE [BB] [PAST]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 1:56:59 GMT
Calliope Alvara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
It's been another sleepless night. Not for lack of trying; oh no, you have tried, but the itching of your skin has sparked annoyance. The burning stings you became so used to now plague you like a blistering summer night; for you cannot escape the heat clinging to your skin.

[break][break]
The cool marble of the sink brings no comfort to the digits that dig into it. The lean muscles that tense as you strengthen your grip on its edge, trying to will away the feelings that irk you. Your purple markings almost seem to shine.

[break][break]
You look into the mirror; dark circles betray your blight, yet how oddly alert those icey blue eyes are as they stare back at you. Pupils constricted, barely a dot in a sea of blue. You manage a chuckle as you recall a faint memory and shake your head. A murmur passes your lips.

[break][break]
"Well, look at us now."

[break][break]
Oh sweet summer child.

[break][break][break]
--- XX - XX - XXXX || 18 years ago ----

[break][break][break]

The cold floor was in shrill contrast with the heat pulsing through the young girl's cheeks. Sleek concrete; grey, easy to clean, leaves few traces if anything spilled on it. Convenient. But that's something the little girl didn't know about. She hadn't even thought she'd ever find herself here, curled up in a corner, trying to make herself as small as possible. But she'd noticed that, once the kind words had stopped and a steadfast hand had taken its place to 'guide' her into obedience, making herself as small as possible made them forget about her.

[break][break]
Or she she thought.

[break][break]
She flinches when a deep voice booms.

[break][break]
"Calliope! Don't make me repeat myself."

[break][break]
Calliope rose from her corner, shuffling towards the open door and the silhouette that loomed within it. Her eyes look around fearfully, for help that would never come. A hand grips her shoulder and shoves her forward, away from the room that held her safe space. She follows meekly. Like a lamb to the slaughter, not knowing how much truth hid within the saying.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:12px roboto;--accent:#35b2da;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights