POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 16:02:05 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

FIRE FORCE WITH

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Lucky for her, she'd been in the area.[break][break]

Often times when she was in areas and had free time, she'd leave her ranger alerts on. Any sort of catastrophe in the area would be alerted to local rangers and Francie set herself to receive them even outside her regular station of Lavaridge if she was out and about.[break][break]

She just so happened to be passing through littleroot town when an alarm for a local fire caught her attention.[break][break]

Like a true heroine, throwing caution to the wind and ignoring her own safety, she throws herself into the dangerous situation almost as if her life depends on it. Perhaps it does. Maybe she needs the adrenaline to help keep her alive. At this point, it feels like the only time she's alive is if she's filled with adrenaline.[break][break]

Riding on Nicky's back, her giant Onix, she slides down and hopes across the boulders that make up the giant rock snake before finally landing. She's already taking out her carracosta, tossing Captain out and pointing.[break][break]

"Nicky, let's dig underground and see if we can create a hole into the house, an escape route for survivors." He heeds her words and follows her command, rock and ground grind against each other as he uses dig.[break][break]

"Captain let's try and get that fire under control."[break][break]

Firing off a hydro canon, Francie allows her eyes to leave the immediate movements of her pokémon to look around at those near. "Does anybody else need assistance??"

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
flames, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 5:32:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As much as Shalin loved play while she worked Ranger tickets, this was serious. A big fire had broken out in the quiet hamlet of Littleroot Town. From what little she read of the briefing, it sounded like an apartment fire. Its residents didn't deserve this, not after what happened during Meteno. They had already lost a theater. If Shalin and didn't act quickly, the city would lose one of its larger apartment buildings.

Fire also meant that Shalin couldn't bring her usual Pokémon with her. Bug-types were a no-go around fire, and the violently-displaced air from her Flygon's vibrating wings meant her Sygna Pokémon was not an option, either. She did, however, have several water Pokémon perfect for the job, particularly Bass Boost, her Seismitoad. The ugly-looking Pokémon's bumps along her arms began to vibrate as she hopped back and forth, performing a much-needed RAIN DANCE.

Seated on the back of Keimi, a Greninja that looked ready to spring into action, she greeted with the bare minimum of affirmation. "There's no time to waste! Let's get going!" With that, she squeezed the big amphibian's sides, her mount springing into action with a great BOUNCE to leap high into the air, followed by several flips to initiate a widespread WATER SPORT in an effort to confine the fire to the building it was already in. Though her stomach was tumbling from the frog's ninja-like moves, the urgency of the situation kept her from letting out her usual whoop from the adrenaline rush.

{WC: 258}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Keimi         Greninja       Good
Bass Boost    Seismitoad     Good
Levy          Milotic        Good
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
flames, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 14:18:46 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

FIRE FORCE WITH

As the rain came down, Francie let herself grin. She released next her golem, Jade, and her drednaw, Drey.[break][break]

”You two follow Nicky and see who you can help out through that route. Drey try and keep them all wet enough that the flames won’t bother them.”[break][break]

Within the building, the onix broke through the floor. The heat poured into the tunnel he’d made, but he didn’t mind the heat. His rock body was used to the flames.[break][break]

The rolling of a golem caused the onix to withdraw, making enough room for the golem to leap out of the hole and make a pathway through the burned wood and smoldering doors for others. Drey emerged as well, helping with a liquidation and protect where it was needed.[break][break]

On the outside of the building, Captain and Omar — Francie’s omastar — douse Ryder — Francie’s rydon — and the ranger herself with water. She has her hair tied back and into a messy bun to keep it out of her face as she makes her way onto Ryder’s back.[break][break]

”Let’s get inside. Try and create another exit for the people to escape from.”[break][break]

Giving a shout, the water-types she leaves outside continue to douse the building as best as they can in the rain created by the rain dance while Ryder barrels into the house with a drill run or two, creating a pathway for others to go through and dousing that pathway with wet sand so that the flames cannot get a hold.

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
flames, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 23:38:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Despite all of the dizzying flips, Keimi made a perfect landing on the building's opposite side. With a powerful HYDRO PUMP that cause Shalin to recoil in the saddle, the Greninja created a straight path through the flames. It was a path the razed grass and other foliage would help ensure the flames wouldn't cross again.

With an exit secured, it was just a matter of going inside and getting victims to said exit. With a clear goal in mind, the wild rider sent out her two other Pokémon: a Seismitoad whose MUDDY WATER would be doubly effective at dousing flames on the outside, and a Milotic whose LIFE DEW could be a lifesaver for many injured folk too weak to survive long after being extracted.

Shalin attempted to radio Francie, but the crackling flames and the noise of the Rhydon's drill made it a bit difficult to hear responses. "I've got the rear emergency exit secured and a path through the fire as well," she reported, unsure if she was heard. "I'm going in through the back door to try to find more victims." With that, she reined the ninja frog toward the door, pointing toward every crackling piece of rubble that needed to be doused with BUBBLES.

{WC: 210}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
flames, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 14:33:21 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

FIRE FORCE WITH

Something tries to come over the com. Francie reaches her hand up to try and make it make sense, all she can really hear is that the other is going in. It has her a little anxious, but she turns her com on by pressing against it, heading toward the new hole in the wall that her rhydon's making.[break][break]

"I've got an exit out this way as well, back where we started; if you can even hear this, that is."[break][break]

She's no real idea. It's chaos and all she can do is hope. She can't focus on whether things are or are not working, she can only focus on her task at hand.[break][break]

People are being found and Francie's helping to get them out, staying closer to the exit rather than going inside the building. She raises her hand up to try and block her face, brows furrowed.[break][break]

"I hope that's close to everybody..." and that her partner's okay. She reaches up to turn the com on again. "I'm clear over here from the looks of it. I'm gonna leave my onix and golem inside to be sure. They can take the heat until we douse it from the outside."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
flames, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 2:47:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Visibility rapidly dropped as the water attacks doused the flames, creating quite a bit of steam. Shalin covered her ears partially to be able to hear Francie's communication. "Can hear you just fine," Shalin answered. "I'm gonna make a sweep of the next couple levels. Doubt I can get to them all, though; I don't think this building's gonna last that much longer." Even Keimi was forced to hop back after a burning piece of rafters dropped too close for comfort.

Keimi hopped down a hallway, twirling with Shalin in the saddle and fling water everywhere in his vicinity. The display of WATER SPORT doused the raging flames nearby, an apartment door crumbling in the wake of the reaction between fire and water. A DRAIN PUNCH from her Seismitoad's vibrating fist cleared a path for the family of four to evacuate down the path that her other water-types had cleared. One of the young children hopped on the giant frog, getting behind Shalin. She at first flinched, then smiled at the boy's bravery. She led the victims downstairs to the emergency exit she had cleared before heading upstairs one more time. She was pushing her luck, but she felt she could save one more set of victims before the building collapsed...

{WC: 211}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
flames, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 18:29:09 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

FIRE FORCE WITH

thankful she got through, francie let's a soft smile form. her eyes soften as well as she turns most of her attention to those who made it out, getting them as situated as she could and making sure they didn't have any major injuries. those who did, she's sure to help get to the medical staff that show up about that time.[break][break]

from within, her golem and onix have scoured the lower levels. they report back to francie through the exit they created, which prompts francie to look up at the higher levels where she knows her ranger partner to be.[break][break]

"hey shalin, my guys can't see anybody on the lower levels. lemme know if you need some assistance getting out. from what i can tell, and am being told by fire rescue, the building's pretty well done for."[break][break]

she isn't about to tell the girl what to do but at the same time, "ya might wanna like, come out of it before it does that."[break][break]

polite to a point; that's francie.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
flames, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 18:46:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As Shalin was listening to Francie and about to reply, the floor above began collapsing, light filtering in as much as the smoke would allow. "I can see that!" she shouted over the crackling, sensing the urgency in her voice. She could even tell the urgency in Keimi's footsteps, growing quick from the desire to submerge himself in water.

As the two bounded down the hallway, they found the door to the staircase blocked off completely by flames. Eying a large window, the Greninja flung two volleys of WATER SHURIKEN at it, breaking out enough of the window to jump through without a big risk of either one of them being cut. With some rapid flips that made his rider dizzy, the Greninja leaped out of the burning building and nailed the landing. "Thanks... Keimi..." Shalin's words slurred, though anyone could tell she was grateful for her unusual water-type mount's courage.

Those who had been saved gave the Rangers a big round of applause, appreciative of their bravery. There was one child that was sobbing, though. As Shalin reined her dark-type amphibian toward the eleven-year-old, Shalin attempted to console him, saying, "Everything gonna be okay," in a calming, mother-like voice. Nothing would calm him, though, except time. As she found out from the child's story, his Pikachu did not make it out of the building; the part of the building it was in had collapsed before it could be rescued.

{WC: 240}
{PC: 4}