TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
We Don't Talk About Fight Club [S]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 18:13:40 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Within the indoor city of Mauville, one could find MAUVILLE MODS & REPAIR on the ground floor. A long and narrow warehouse sandwiched between a Galarian pub and a pawn shop, its location on a busy street was perfect for business. Both local customers and visiting travelers stopped by for repairs, tune-ups, and special modifications.[break][break]

Marshall didn't officially work at the body shop. He didn't even act as its manager. No, he oversaw it as a legal business venture of the gang Orthrus. His job was to ensure the happiness and success of their employees, the growth of their profits, and the high standard of their work.[break][break]

That didn't mean he couldn't use the body shop for his personal projects. The day found Marshall standing next to a raised platform near the front of the warehouse. He'd rolled his motorcycle onto it so he could make adjustments without hurting his back. Grease stained his hands, and he wore a cap backwards to keep his hair out of his face.[break][break]

The warehouse's door was pulled up, allowing sunlight, fresh air, and the sounds of the city to drift inside. On a nearby table, Bluetooth speakers blared rap music playing on Marshall's phone. Underneath the table, his Luxray, Turbine, napped atop a large Pokémon bed.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.marsh2]--accent:#D45A40;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marsh2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 3:34:52 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]the faintest inklings of spring meant humidity, and humidity meant sweat.
[break][break]
king wore a tank-top that left little of his skin to the imagination, including the stretch of pink, scarred skin that started at his collarbone and widened the deeper it went into his chest. it was the largest of his injuries, though he still sported dozens of others.
[break][break]
admittedly the confidence to sport these so casually didn't exist — not before , coincidently.
[break][break]
the music cuts, replaced by the sound of a thud. king's casual lean against the frame of the warehouse's door, arms and legs crossed, teeth flashing, only plays further into that confidence.
[break][break]
"nice place ye got 'ere."

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 23:00:51 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

THUD![break][break]

Marshall swiveled to the source of the noise while Turbine opened a single eye to regard the newcomer. A man leaned against the frame of the warehouse door, his hair a shock of bright blue.[break][break]

Something about his demeanor and the words that came out of his mouth told Marshall he was not a customer.[break][break]

"Only the best in the city," Marshall replied anyway, a smile spreading across his face. But his eyes regarded the stranger keenly, sizing him up. "How can I help ya, buddy?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.marsh2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marsh2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 3:45:17 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]The shop was well-organized with the none-so subtle layer of filth and grime you could expect of a place like this. He didn't care for all of that, though.
[break][break]
"Just checkin'," he says with a casual flippancy, canines flashing. Eyes flick to the lounging luxray before returning to the unnamed man. [break][break]"Heard 'bout an interestin' place just openin' up. Real hands-on type a-place mind ye. Figured I'd see what the fuss is 'bout."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 16:01:30 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

No, this stranger definitely was not a customer.[break][break]

Not with the way he eyed Marshall back, or the way he carried himself like a dog sniffing at the border of a newcomer's territory. The racing circuits and motorcycle gangs were big, and Mauville was even bigger, but Marshall had never seen or heard of this man before.[break][break]

"Hands-on is one way to put it," Marshall replied with a shrug. "We pride ourselves in that kinda style."[break][break]

Then he extended a hand, hoping to gain some information by giving a morsel first. "Name's Marshall Slade, and this is the property of Orthrus. And you are?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 23:42:12 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"King," he says. No last name.
[break][break]
He returns the handshake - firm, but laying slightly off the dick measuring contest these things had a habit of becoming.
[break][break]
"I own a place with my girl down in the dredges of Slateport. Nothin' fancy. Kind'uh a mock roostery 'n bar. Operates also a bit as some place ye come and get yer knuckles dusty, y'know?"
[break][break]
He eyes the garage further, lips pursing as he nods his head.
[break][break]
"Never heard of Orthrus. Yer boss?"
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 14:06:44 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Yeah, I get what you're sayin'," Marshall said, connecting the dots together. So King was scoping out other fight club locations, possibly as a way to size up the competition, possibly for networking potential.[break][break]

"Better get used to hearin' about us, buddy. We may be new in town but we brought all our shit with us from Unova. But nah, I'm not the boss. That's . But I do run this joint here, including what happens when the doors are closed an' locked."[break][break]

Marshall stuffed his hands in his pockets, as nonchalant as one could be.[break][break]

"If ya wanna talk gang shit with Magnus, I can set up a meetin' with him. But if ya wanna talk with your fists, maybe you come by after eight tonight and I introduce you to some folks."[break][break]

Fight club was free on weekdays, serving as a place for fighters to train and let off some steam from their day jobs. Tournament days, with betting, didn't happen until Saturdays. And those were all-day events.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".marsh2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 20:12:18 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Something about bothered king. He couldn't put his finger on it — nor did he care to track it down entirely — but he couldn't ignore the itch.
[break][break]
"Mm, never heard of 'em." King sniffs. "Eight huh? Ye, I can do that."
[break][break]
His lip quirks.
[break][break]
"Here? Or maybe ye got one fo those cellar doors?"

[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 18:03:51 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

That King had never heard of Orthrus should not have surprised Marshall, but it grated his nerves to have the gang's name dismissed so easily. Orthrus was no longer the big fish in the small pond that had been Castelia. Though they were thriving in their territory in Mauville, they were still small fry in the grand scheme of things.[break][break]

Marshall was sure that would change soon. was not a man to rest on his laurels. That's why they had come to Hoenn in the first place.[break][break]

"Here, but not here-here," Marshall said to King. "We got our setup in the basement. Just knock on the door and tell 'em I sent you over."[break][break]

Despite his casual demeanor, he watched the other man closely. King still hadn't voiced his intentions, and Marshall was certain he was going to remain close-lipped, even after the fights. Marshall made a mental note for himself to look into things later.[break][break]

A bar in Slateport, huh?[break][break]

"Your place in Slateport — what's it called?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 1:25:13 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Mm, quaint. That'll work. Count me in Marshall."
[break][break]
He pulls his phone casually from his pocket, checking the time. Eyes still cast downwards, he responds.
[break][break]
"Ye'll like it. S'called Nameless." He lifts his gaze up, grinning. "Real catchy, don't'cha think?"
[break][break]
A question pops into his head.
[break][break]
"So, when's all this kick-off? Like, eight PM, or?"
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 14:39:51 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nameless, huh?[break][break]

Marshall thought he'd heard of a place like that in Slateport, but he pulled out his own phone anyway to look it up. He bookmarked it on his browser and made a mental note to take a trip soon with .[break][break]

"Cool. I'll check it out."[break][break]

Tucking his phone back into his pocket, he half-turned back toward his motorcycle, intent on returning to his work.[break][break]

"Eight, yeah. People come here to sweat and bleed, not to fuck around. If you show up later, you gotta wait for your turn in the ring. Rules are pretty simple."[break][break]

He picked up a wrench.[break][break]

"You'll see what I mean if you show."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 0:17:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Sounds good. I'll see ya then."
[break][break]
He let's the man return to work, knowing he had his own to finish before tonight.
[break][break]
[break]
Eight PM hits, and King ever the curious cat, finds himself back. He pounds on the door with his fist, tongue clicking behind pearly whites.
[break][break]
"Marshall sent me."
[break][break]
Wink.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 21:25:21 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The low-level gang member who opened the door gave King the onceover, then pulled the door open wider to allow the man to step inside. "Come in."[break][break]

After shutting and locking it, he led King to the large storage room at the back of the garage. Nothing strange seems afoot yet, as it's still early. But as soon as the lackey led King to the far end of the storage room and opened the door there, conversation drifted up through the dimly lit stairwell that greeted them.[break][break]

The stairs led to a large, concrete basement with a ring marked out in chalk in the center of the floor. Several men and a couple of women stretched in the area around it, chatting and laughing.[break][break]

Marshall strode up to King, instantly recognizing him. "Hey, ya made it!" he exclaimed, clapping the man on the shoulder. "Right on time, too. Lemme guess: you want the first round?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:27:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Oi!"
[break][break]
The place was lively enough and filled with just the right vibes. Naturally 's offer is right on the money.
[break][break]
"If yer not first, yer last."
[break][break]
He shrugs.
[break][break]
"Ancient chinese proverb I've 'eard. Anyways, who am I up against? Ye?"

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 12:12:02 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marsh2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Marshall grinned. "You sure are. C'mon, meet you in the ring."[break][break]

He clapped King on the back before walking off to finish warming up. Shedding his shirt and shoes, Marshall stepped inside the chalk circle opposite their newest arrival.[break][break]

"Rules are this: there are none. Everythin' is free game. Fight ends when one person taps out, not before." He raised his bare-knuckled fists and grinned. "So gimme your best shot, new guy."[break][break]

The fight was sweaty and bloody, lasting longer than Marshall expected, which pleased him. Neither he nor King gave in until they were both too exhausted to keep going. Afterward, Marshall cracked open two cold beers and handed one to the other man.[break][break]

"You know your shit," he said. "You know what, you can keep comin' back. I'd be glad to fight again, an' these guys," he gestured to the other men and women in the basement, "would love a chance to get a piece of ya."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]