1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
A LOST QUEENDOM BESEIGED, ii [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 14:18:21 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THREE YEARS AFTER

WHERE THE SENTINELS PROTECT WHAT REMAINS OF THE HAMMERLOCKE CASTLE THAT ONE MIDNIGHT, will find himself invited in the banquet hall by the city's only queen. For the past three years, everyone has been busy. The prophecy from CALYREX has been the only motivation for both Galarians and Hoennians to get out of the place as soon as possible.

Selena's resolve will not falter any time soon. But three years is already long enough to not address the elephant in the room.

will find his old friend sitting by the throne, her legs dangling over the armrest as her back leans on the other. With a goblet in her hand, the people's queen takes a gulp from the rancid wine: a huge compromise for the heiress of a wineyard business in Kalos.

"You've found your way inside." The Kalosian is not drunk but can hear the grogginess in her voice. "How I've missed you, old friend."

SOCIAL: GOODBYE GALAR, RUSTED SWORD

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 21:33:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Three years…

The first one, he’d tried looking for a way home, because holy djinni in a handbasket how were they stuck here for that amount of time?! Never mind that—the thoughts that were plaguing him were getting worse and worse.

To be away from for much longer than a day? How was this even possible? (Sure, they never let each other out of their sights, but that was… when they were together. Out here now, though…)

Sighing, as he’d just come from one of the families’ homes to turn down yet another proposal (sorry, Melli, but he’s gay as the day is long) when he was summoned to the ‘castle’.

(Normally he’d be with , but today was different. And in the dead of night, too? What gives?)

The moment he arrived, though, the answer is clear—

“Hey,” he began, this thin, brittle smile on his face. Three years is enough to change people in this… in this ‘pocket dimension’ or something.

Fact of the matter was, the longer they stayed here, the stranger his own appearance became. Instead of staying stubbornly pale blonde, his hair was starting to turn the same shade as his eyes…? What the hell?

“Had to turn down yet another proposal again, because you know why,” he continued with that same light smirk on his face.

(timeskip FC is Yuri Leclerc from FE3H)

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 17:05:44 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THE QUEEN'S APPEARANCE DIDN'T CHANGE MUCH: the already gray hair helps hide the traces of years that has gone by, her wrinkles on her face concealed by the care her attendants put much to her body. Selena is a royalty and she is enjoying every bits and pieces of it.

"I can get you wed tonight and your boyfriend wouldn't know, if that's what you're worried about." Selena teases as he offers the goblet into . Should he accept, he will find how wines of this epoch smells and tastes disgusting for whatever reason. Should she be teaching these peasants how to make wine too?

The laughter halts as Selena delves on a more serious sentiment.

"Three years is too fucking long, non? I still don't know if we're making enough progress."

The lone queen would have established a strong recon system by know, navigating through the Galar underground in search of a way out but to no avail. Only toxin and poison.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 20:10:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Bitch,” he continued with a renewed smirk—a more familiar one from times long gone.

“You know I’m loyal to only one. Just one. Only one, never another.”

If he closed his eyes hard enough, if he willed it to be, he could almost hear ’s melodic laughter, the smell of his shampoo, the banter they would throw at each other in the kitchen while feeding William the Wooloo and the rest of the ovine herd that shared their living space—

Before realizing that it had been three fucking years already.

“If we could find our way out of this fucking hell, I would burn the way forward. You know this…” he sighed as he looked down toward the floor, reaching for the goblet and picking up on the rancid smell of the alcoholic drink within.

“…why don’t you teach them how to grow grapes and make wine? Might as well make ourselves fucking useful.”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 14:45:39 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"OH REALLY? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE PREVIOUS ONE THOUGH?" Selena can swear she remembers having a different boyfriend or something. If she is being honest, she doesn't know what is true anymore either as she notices her memories being repressed and pressed as days gone by.

Selena already chuckles in anticipation of her friend drinking from the goblet.

"Did you not get the memo? I am the queen now! I don't do teaching, I order people to." She boasts jokingly, as he might recall how Selena has always been out with the Recon troop to investigate the Power Spot. But perhaps, it is a thought she oughts to revisit one day. They never know how long they are to stay anyway.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 14:52:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Things happened,” was his short answer.

Oh, boy, opening up that can of Orthworm was definitely a bad idea. Nope.

(Especially when you had a partner who got insanely jealous because of all the exes you’ve previously had. Hello, , for one thing.)

He then scoffed her way the moment she mentioned how she was queen.

“You know as much as I do that true royalty don’t just sit on a chair and do absolutely nothing. Try to get involved… like how is, mustering up a company of knights and training them to be ready at a moment’s notice. Or like , whose ‘queen’ established the postal service. You wouldn’t want to be remembered as the Lazy One, right?”

He cackled to himself quietly. Well, who else better than to inspire the people into action than seeing one of their rulers themselves getting involved in the thick of it?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 15:01:39 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
WITH BOTH HANDS PANNING IN THE AIR, Selena stands on the throne and says: "'Queen Selena the Lazy One'—in fair, I like how it sounds! She laughs and gulps another from the foul tasting wine. "But I doubt teaching winemaking will inspire the people of Hammerlocke. And as much as I am involved in my family business, I'm not the actual one making wines, you know!

The truth is, there are more other things they will have to do if they want to survive.

When mentions , however, Selena felt proud. Her teammate of course will do wonders and will realize his leadership skills when given the opportunity.

"How about you though? How do you make yourself useful?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 15:09:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Heh.

He was prepared for this.

“Since nobody wanted to teach me how to make a bow, I had to do it myself. Bow and arrows I have on me? I made it myself. I’m part of the evening watch for Hammerlocke—surely you know that is doing the same, but for the daytime.”

Sharper eyes were definitely needed in the evening hours, because who the fuck knew when another horde of poison-monsters would come crashing against the city’s battered walls.

“I can’t run a gym out here, I don’t have all my Pokémon for both challenges. I only have six. I’d rather leave the gym business to other people who want to try their hand at it.”

And besides, gyms? In this ye olde world? What even was that kind of concept? It was as alien and strange as working electricity.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 15:38:37 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
SELENA SHRUGS THE NEGATIVITY. As she listens to 's story, she makes an unconvinced expression just to tease him. "I don't know. You should need at least only two Pokemons to run a gym, right?"

will know not to contradict her, having experienced Gym Leadership as well back when she is still in League. "I heard some kid named ATTICUS or something has been raving over Gym Battles ever since one of us told them about how it went in Hoenn."

She finishes another cup before trying to get to the next barrel. "Better not tell them how modern Galar uses Dynamax in Gym Battles. They will lose their minds."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 22:10:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You think we can do the same shit that happens in the gyms, back in our world—to the people out here?” he cracked with a snort as he took one sip of the rancid wine, and winced.

Yikes. This definitely needed further processing and refinement.

As for the kids that were raving about things that were normal to them, he sighed quietly.

“Who knows how much time has passed out there? Where we really belong? What if we’re stuck here for an eternity, and time also moved at the same pace it did here?”

Would there.

Would there even be a Hoenn to return to? Surely…

Time was literally an insidious thing, after all.

That reminded him of something else, though…

“Where… where have you been all this time? After you left Hoenn?”

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 15:21:15 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
WHEN ALEX SHIFTS THE FOCUS ON HER, Selena sighs. Inviting an old friend for a drinking session after being MIA for two years will surely compel her to talk about it. But can she tell the truth to ?

"I've been resting. Things got toxic in Hoenn and I needed to rest."

While her answer is not necessarily a lie, Selena knows can tell it is not everything that he wants to hear.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 23:15:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of things getting toxic, he gave her a wry smile in return, which literally screamed ‘oh, you have no fucking idea what happened while you were gone’ and much as he wanted to go on a tirade… well…

“You know I want details, binch,” he continued, sassy smirk on his features. “You’re not getting away with just the ‘oh, I went to take a sabbatical away from Hoenn’ with me pitch.”

Definitely not.

No way, no how.

“I don’t want to be presumptuous, but aren’t we like. Friends? In case you forgot or something?” he added a few moments afterward, hoping to try a different tack to see if she would slip up and confess or something.

(Look, his interrogation skills needed some practice, so there was that. Time to get some practice in, then!)

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 17:51:42 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"WHAT A WEIRD THING TO ASK: OF COURSE WE ARE!" But then words betray her actual feelings, for she understands fully well how would have felt after all the months they have stopped talking and then get to talking again. And in this shit hole, of all places!

"What specific details do you want to know, exactly?" The thing is, this tea is not something is ready to sip. She pegs him as a chamomile when all she can offer is a burdock. At the end of the day, will have to be left behind in the grand scheme of things in Selena's plans.

Both of them will not be ready when the time comes.