Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Holding out for a Hero [M]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 13:21:22 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

These kids know how to party, Navy will give them that. They forget all about Rocket and the League. Grudges are forgotten. Exams are done. It’s time for them to kick back and party. For a lot of these kids, summer means more work in scorching weather. While the sun grows low and dim off beyond the horizon, they’re gonna party like there’s no tomorrow. Navy’s supposed to be doing his job. Nominally, he’s here to patrol and make sure everyone stays out of trouble.[break]
The kids find that he is doing an endearingly poor job. With suntan lotion coating his exposed skin, sunglasses obscuring his eyes, and an umbrella above him, he is the pinnacle of law enforcement. What Councilwoman Livy and the rest of them don’t know won’t hurt them.[break][break]
He’s invited an old friend, , to come and see the town with him. If he arrives today, this is the mood he’ll be swept up in alongside Navy. These kids party and cheer. They drink. They forget. Oh, to be on the good side of his 20’s again. Navy’s sipping on some premium sugar free cola (a man has to watch his figure, after all), wondering if Thomas will make his appearance. Somewhere down the beach, he imagines Tsubaki’s being a misanthrope. For now the Sheriff holds his own court, adrift in his own little world.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 15:27:25 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

It was no secret that Thomas did not care for the beach.

When told him about the threat of possible Rocket activity at the party, Thomas came flying over. Kitted out with light body armor, and clothing more appropriate for combat, Thomas was ready to aid his friend.

Only to see that not only was the mood relaxed, but that Michael himself was soaking up sunlight, lounging around. Clearly not looking like he was worried about any sort of oncoming attack.

Thomas landed on the beach, allowing his Hydreigon to lounge in the water, while he walked up to Navy. Combat boots made distinct footprints in the sand.

"You're an asshole, you know that?", Thomas greeted him, before grabbing a drink from the cooler. As tempting as a beer was at the moment, Thomas instead went for a lemon-lime soda. He wasn't about to fall off the wagon now.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 17:45:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yep.” Is the Sheriff’s simple reply. A gaggle of college kids sees Thomas, raise their glasses, and cheer for him. A few turn around and snag selfies with him ‘photobombing’ in the background. A girl even shouts at him.[break][break]
You were the best elite four this region’s had in ten yeaaaaars!” A line of cheers accompany her proclamation. Navy laughs, almost falling out of his chair. The mood’s good. Life isn’t bad. Thomas may not be a fan of the beach, but what is life if not one big beach?[break][break]
Well, you came all this way. May as well sit down and help keep the kids safe.” Navy muses, “Never know if that Cillian guy is gonna show up with Lugia to ruin summer.” He’s made enough progress with that traumatizing experience beneath Dewford to joke about the matter. There’s victory there. A small victory he’ll take, moving forward day by day.[break][break]
Gotta be ready.” Relaxed as Navy looks, he still has six pokeballs on him.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 15:12:25 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As soon as he started getting mobbed by fans of his, Thomas froze up. Despite his former status, he was still not used to taking compliments.

The selfies they'd take, aside from being a joyous occasion for them, would also prove to be worth a laugh. The dark and intimidating Thomas, freezing up at praise.

"Cillian?", Thomas immediately perked up. "That what the son of a bitch is calling himself now? Always knew him as Gavin Merlino.", Thomas commented.

's time would come. Thomas would exact his vengeance on the Underboss.

"Good to see you're at least kitted out.", Thomas remarked, taking a seat nearby.

How he craved a cigarette in this moment. Even after nearly two years of sobriety, this situation, of any, made him crave his old vices.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 15:54:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Y’know,” Navy remarks, independent of Thomas’s question, “for a guy who lived in the spotlight for a while, you sure are bad at dealing with civvies.” As the president of the Former Civvie club, Navy feels qualified to speak on their behalf. “Chill out, they’re just kids who admire you. Hell, they probably miss the way you battle.”[break][break]
But a question was asked, and it’s only right he offer what information he can. It’s not much, it’s not like he actually knows the man, as deeply as he was affected by the one time their lives have truly intersected. It’s odd, being the man on the inside. Some would call this leaking information.[break][break]
That’s what the database said when I tried to look up his old alias. We know right where he’s at most of the time, if you ever wanna go pay him a visit.” What a marvelous idea he proposes – to march right into the heart of Sootopolis and tango with a monster who consorts with monster.[break][break]
But getting’ into Sootopolis sounds like a bad gig.” Speaking of bad gigs and horror, unknown to the beachgoers, something begins to bubble in the water near a group of hipsters playing some watersport variant of volleyball in the shallows.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 16:06:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Trust me when I say the booze helped.", Thomas remarked with a chuckle.

The former Elite Four member was infamous for carrying a hip flask full of Galarian whiskey with him at all times. Ironically, the booze made him less violent, and more sociable. When he quit the League to go solo, he stopped drinking.

"Right, I'm sure he'd be happy to see me.", Thomas scoffed. "Nah, I want to - surprise him.", Thomas told him, in a sinister way. "Revenge is a dish best served cold, after all. And when I'm ready, it's gonna be ice cold.", he'd continue.

The Hydreigon would take notice to the bubbling near the group of hipsters. His protective instincts kicked in, letting out a Roar, in an attempt to warn as many people as he could that danger was rearing its ugly head.

"Looks like the real fun's about to begin.", remarked Thomas, reaching for his Pokeballs.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 16:17:49 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Revenge is a dish best not eaten.” It’s Navy’s turn to sound grim. They’re words he tells himself. Fate is cruel. There is going to come a day when he has to face his brother’s killer. As much as he tries to tell himself it was a fluke, an accident, a trick of fate, his gut tells him different. He wishes he could be the man Kyle is, to have a golden heart. To fight without hatred is a powerful thing.[break][break]
Just another reason Ho-oh would go for someone like that rather than him. Thomas has the right of it, there’s about to be a fight. Standing up, cracking open a soda, he pulls a nearby megaphone up and shouts into it for all to hear.[break][break]
Ladies and gentlemen, this is Sheriff Navy speaking. Everyone clear the water, looks like we’ve got a situation. Vacate the beach, let us handle it, you’ll be back to having your party in no time.” Strangely, the casual demeanor he has about the whole thing works. Few people panic. People shuffle out of the water.[break][break]
A massive Klawf, bigger than Shuwen, shambles out of the water. Josh loves his Alpha Pokemon. This is something that’s almost, almost beyond Alpha. A crowd gathers behind Navy and Thomas. Releasing Shuwen from his pokeball, the bear immediately bulks up while the crab finds its bearings.[break][break]
Told you kids to stay back!” He says in a sterner voice, making the crowd take a collective five steps back like a rolling wave.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 17:03:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas was no stranger to revenge. Far from it. The majority of his adolescence was spent preparing to exact revenge on those responsible for his first Pokemon's death. After his departure from the League, he dedicated himself to becoming an instrument of vengeance against Rocket. Punishing the wicked men and women responsible for all the death and misery they caused. Those who gleefully carried out the will of .

His reconciliation with was born of her lust for revenge. Paying Rocket back for the deaths of her mother and brother.

At the end of the day, Thomas was no . He was a man who had fully embraced hatred.

Aiding in the evacuation effort, Kalameet would attempt to guide the partygoers away from the beach, to shepherd them out of the way of danger. His time spent on Duvet Ranch gave him the experience he needed for such an undertaking, even if such experience was on Pokemon, rather than humans.

As the giant Klawf emerged, Thomas grinned. He deployed a familiar Pokeball. Only instead of a Kubfu, it would spawn an Urshifu, who took on the Single Strike fighting stance. Kashiwagi would look to Shuwen, giving the older Urshifu a nod, as he himself bulked up in anticipation for the coming battle.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 21:05:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Shuwen smiles. There is pride in the gesture. Navy doesn’t know where the creature came from. He wonders how a creature such as him emerged, fully grown, in the middle of the interdream zone. Whatever past this creature has, if he has any past at all, is unknown to Navy. Somehow, he gets the sense that Shuwen has never had the chance to train a student before. Falling in beside the younger specimen, he sways in the loose, quick pose of the rapid strike style.[break][break]
He dances across the warm sand, out into the shallows. Klawf is taken aback by the aggression. Each individual strike would be but a pittance to a creature such as this. Individual strikes are not the point. Theirs is not the way of a single distinct, decisive blows. One powerful strike comes from many repetitions. He strikes along its underside, roaring his battle cry. Using his speed, his bombastic cry, he tries to create an opening for his fellow.[break][break]
Let this creature, so eager on disturbing the peace, feel the might of a wicked blow. Farther up the beach, people point and whisper. They jump in excitement. The notion of the Sheriff and his Pokemon fighting alongside an Elite 4 member has caused cell phones galore to be pulled out. Navy doesn’t care about it in the heat of battle, but they’re going to be all over the internet within the hour.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 3:41:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The younger Urshifu watches as his older brother subjects the Klawf to a series of rapid strikes. Upon spotting an opening, the Urshifu lunges towards the Klawf with frightful speed and power. He would strike the underside of the Klawf with a single, devastating Wicked Blow.

"Mudamuda!", the Urshifu cried out, as he struck the attacker. Unlike the first time he used the cry as a Kubfu, this one was more bombastic and confident in nature.

After the strike connected, the Urshifu still maintained his fighting stance, watching the behemoth intently, ready to react to whatever it attempted to throw at the duo.

Thomas paid little mind to the onlookers. His Hydreigon would attempt to keep any of them from getting too close to the chaos.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 18:01:05 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Klawf is caught between two legendary combatants. Swinging his hammered hand about wildly, he tries in desperation to snag them. Defeat them. Overcome them. Shuwen and the younger Urshifu were not the opponents he expected. Caught between a chorus of ‘ORA’ and ‘MUDA’, its armor begins to crack. Whatever it hoped to gain by attacking these onlookers, it wasn’t going to find that here.[break][break]
Instead, seeing no other option, it gives in to its anger. Both claws slam into the sand beneath his feet, churning them. Turning them into rocks. Both Shuwen and his younger brother are caught in a rock slide that means to draw them down, slam them, tear their mighty bodies apart. Shuwen crosses his arms, jumping in front of the younger Urshifu in an attempt to protect them both.[break][break]
Hey look, they’re workin’ pretty well together.” The detective observes.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 17:16:15 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Despite the fact that they were making their mark on the Klawf, Kashiwagi maintained his stoic focus. He would remain in his fighting stance, until he knew that their foe was down.

As the Rock Slide crashed down towards them, Shuwen would act to protect them. Kashiwagi Detected more Rocks crashing down on them. In response, the martial artist would begin to deflect the rocks that would've come down towards the onlookers away from them, keeping them safe from the onslaught.

Thomas would pull out his pocket watch, motioning to his partner. "Shall we?", he asked.

tags:
notes: Urshifu used Detect

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 7:40:12 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh ho. Wonder where you got your hands on that.” The detective-turned-sheriff recognizes what he’s looking at right away. Looking at his own wrist with its mega stone affixed, he gives the elite trainer fighting alongside him a nod. No time like the present to show this would-be interloper what Dewford is made of.[break][break]
Alright, here we go. It’s time for you…” He points a single finger at the Klawf. It recoils, sensing the impending attacks.[break][break]
…to get out of my town. Dewford’s closed to the sea.” Shuwen is shrouded in light, morphing, growing. What steps out of the light is a towering creature, almost as tall as his black dragon. His eyes are two steaks of white lightning, his fists rumbling with the power of water.[break][break]
ORAAAAAAAAA!” The first fist strikes Klawf. Then another. And another. The same repetition as before, delivered by hands bathing in infinity energy. Urshifu are not considered creatures of legend without reason. The bear beats against the armored crab. Every blow throws it back further into the sea.[break][break]
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORORA!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 15:23:43 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"You could say I got lucky.", Thomas told the man with a grin.

He would hit the button to open up the watch, revealing the Key Stone embedded in the center of the clock. Thomas pressed down on the stone with his thumb, causing the Urshifu's Mega Stone to activate, and envelop him in a cocoon of energy. Emerging from within was an Urshifu that stood as tall as his older brother, fur stark white with red accents, instead of blue. White lighting didn't just pour from his eyes, but his open maw, as he looked on at the attacker with a terrifying expression of rage.

Kashiwagi would allow Shuwen to barrage the Klawf with its rapid strikes. Meanwhile, the Dark fighter would focus himself on the Klawf, remaining in stance. Finally, once Shuwen finished with the foe, Kashiwagi lunged at the giant crab with a frightful burst of speed, before smashing into the stone creature with a single, devastating punch.

"MUDAMUDAA!!!!!!!", the Urshifu cried out with power.

tags:
notes: Urshifu used G-Max One Blow

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 11:23:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Their fists meet somewhere in the middle of the Klawf. It screeches in defeat. Only as it is trounced by the two legendaries does it come to understand how much it messed up by picking this fight. Shuwen unleashes his last punch, leaving the creature knocked out on the ground. Turning towards Navy, Shuwen gives a nod and crosses his arms, allowing the infinity energy to fade away.[break][break]
Guess that’s that.” Navy sounds disappointed that the fight’s over so quick, but at least they’ve managed to ensure no one in the town came to harm. Shuwen scoops the creature over his shoulder, taking it to rangers that are beginning to swoop in.[break][break]
Popping on a pair of sunglasses, Navy goes back to sit in the shade under his umbrella once more. He takes a carbonated water out of the cooler, pops it, and drinks in deep. Best three-fifty he ever spent after a fight like that.[break][break]
C’mon, hero. Sit down and relax.” Somehow, this makes the crowd go wild.

[break][break]