part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
from one archer to another [gg]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 20:39:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","shcontent"]
[attr="class","alexbox"]A LETTER
[two years, eight months to the day everyone got stuck in ‘Galar’. Enclosed in the letter is a singular blue-hued feather from what obviously is a Braviary.]

Sorry it took so long to send this to you. How have you been?

Are you holding up well, where you are? Are you still doing your ‘riding’ shenanigans?

How lucky you are, to not have someone worry if you’re missing from… there. Out there. Outside of here, where we are.

I’ve tried heading out of Hammerlocke but it’s bad—air travel is simply impossible, and that’s saying something from the Birddad™.

That. I haven’t used that name in a while. How are you, really?

[googlefont=Oswald:400]
[newclass=.alexbox]background:#a890f0;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 5:02:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[attr="class","shovbox"]A LETTER
[Several days later. Enclosed in the letter is a singular scale from what is obviously a Flygon.]

I never thought I would hear from you again. It's been miserable here in Balloonlea. It's been so long I've forgotten what home is like.

Funny you speak of them. You know those Sygna Suit things? I have one now, and it saved our city's bacon last month. I never thought I would be able to make my Flygon's Boomburst more powerful by sitting on her wing! I wish I could show you.

I have my other Pokémon, though. They may not be people, but they're close enough. Every so often I wonder if the rest of them are alive.

You're not the only one. It reminds me of... remember when our home was surrounded by the barrier? I don't even remember the name of our old homeland. It makes me depressed thinking about it.

[newclass=.shovbox]background:#a890f0;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 21:11:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[two years, eight months to the day everyone got stuck in ‘Galar’. This reply is sent a week after the reply makes it back to Hammerlocke.]

It’s good to hear from you. How have your Pokémon companions been, are they okay?

I’ve… I did something really stupid. Why did I not bring the bow? You know, the one we found at the Nest? I realized that it would’ve done some good out here. But oh well. Mistakes were made.

Oh, hell, don’t get me started on my own horde. I don’t know if the Sanctuary is still around, considering I’m not there but is…

Maybe he’s taking care of Fortree for me. I don’t know.

[newclass=.alexbox]background:#a890f0;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 8:46:01 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[Several days later]

The Braviary's Nest and Fortree. Those are words I haven't heard in years. I almost forgot they existed. I've given up on getting back there; we're here now and that's our new life. Thankfully I remembered to bring mine. It's been an adjustment firing just regular arrows out of it. I never realized how reliant I've been on your Pokémon to recharge them."

I feel you. I miss my old home so much. It was a place I could be me without being ridiculed. As you can imagine, even with a Sygna Suit, I got funny looks when so many people saw the way I rode my Flygon. If only you could find a way here. I think you'd really appreciate seeing it.

My Pokémon are all doing well. Well, the six I have left. Lathiel, my Type: Null, is a handful as always, but the rest are in good spirits. Especially Queen Zing. The kids love a giant Beedrill willing to give hugs. It warms my heart seeing it every time. A reprive from the constant attacks.

[newclass=.shovbox]background:#00a127;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 21:31:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[two years, nine months to the day everyone got stuck in ‘Galar’. A few weeks later.]

How—how could you forget?!

Is there nobody keeping track of what we all remember from home where you are?

I did a dumb, and didn’t bring the twin of your bow. See, when I left… when I left Fortree, I left in the middle of an argument with him. Which means I left the Sanctuary without much on my person, except my Pokémon.

I’ve been keeping myself busy out here by training. Sinking my free time into training with the bow that I had to make myself because nobody wanted to help me, so… there’s that. I’ve also been helping out with the Watch here in Hammerlocke, only in the evening, seeing as is helping out during the daytime.

I… well, I actually have him with me.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 4:42:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[Several days later]

If there was, so much time has passed. Galar is our home now. You know how much of a survivalist I am, so it hasn't been too difficult for me to adapt. Others used to the modern life are suffering. I still think about my old place. The plateau. Its name slips me. One of my regrets is never getting to take you to the plateau. Just spending the day on the backs of all kinds of different Pokémon without a care in the world. I miss it so much.

I've been keeping myself busy by helping with expeditions into the Dynite caves, and with foraging and hunting. It's a lot of responsibility to bear, the village's livelihood resting on my shoulders.

Oh, the Stormbringer? I should have my Flygon send you some of my arrows. It's been such an adjustment not having the power of wind behind them. I haven't been such a good shot without it.

[newclass=.shovbox]background:#00a127;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 16:57:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[two years, ten months to the day everyone got stuck in ‘Galar’. A few weeks later.]

How could you forget Petalburg Forest so quickly?

I’ve come to an agreement with someone over here in Hammerlocke, miss (I don’t know if you know her) that we would be the ones to preserve the memories of our home. Of Hoenn. Of where we really come from.

As for my Pokémon?

They’ve been doing alright, hell we’re trying to see if we can get a variant of Corviknight taxis, but only with Braviary—seeing as I’m the only one that has a Braviary… it’s not going too well.

I want to travel outside of Hammerlocke, seeing the same dreary landscape every single day is extremely… depressing…

You think you can send an arrow over? The few ones I’ve made so far are dreadfully plain.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 6:30:26 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[Several days later - attached are two of Shalin's ordinary arrows]

Oh, is that what it was called? It's been so long. I have no idea how much time has passed since we came to this world. I'm better with landmarks than names. Always have been.

You know too? Ever since I got a Sygna Suit, she was fascinated with it. I still don't fully understand how it works; you would think a Beedrill's wing would split in two if I got on it, but it doesn't. I wish I could show you. I don't think we'll have cell service any time soon, heh.

You're not the only one. The closest I get to do is help people travel from one side of Balloonlea to the other. And even then, I don't get very many takers. What's wrong with flying on a Beedrill? She's as reliable as any other flying Pokémon!

I'll send you two, just in case.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 11:05:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[two years, eleven months to the day everyone got stuck in ‘Galar’. A few weeks later. Enclosed are the same two arrows, with some ‘hopeful’ changes.]

You have to understand—some people don’t exactly take to unusual mounts as easily as you do.

I’ve got the arrows, I’m going to try to ask the Stormbringer if he can cast some kind of breath over them and send them back to you—let me know if anything changed about the arrows.

And speaking of which, I’m planning something. Since there’s like, a lot of people trying to travel on land but nobody’s like, tried flying through the air—I’ll be the first to try aerial travel.

Of course… I have to do this in the evening, since this is going to be discreet travel and not obvious ‘hey I’m going out of the city for a few’ kind of thing.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 6:01:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[Several days later - another small batch of arrows are attached]

That did the trick - they work just like new! If you don't mind, would you mind doing the same for the rest of these? I'll make sure to save them for emergencies. Emergencies that, sadly, have been coming up more and more around here. These attacks from these giant Pokémon just don't seem to stop.

I hope you're able to make it. I've missed you so much. Let me know when you're planning to drop by and I'll do my best to sneak out if I can. It'll be just like old times... I miss them. But if anyone can do it, you and your Tornadus can.

I look forward to it. Let's say you might see me riding faster than any of your birds can go... if you can see me at all. It's hard to describe what it's like up there.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 0:41:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: