played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
Wealth doesn't corrupt character - it makes it visible.
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 22:49:37 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","oz"]Next time, he’d just send a golden ticket or something. This whole in-person meeting thing was a ton of trouble. Especially when he considered this lady might not even be here. Head Rangers were pretty important, after all. Then, of course, he wasn’t allowed to take his EV up the mountain roads. Back at the sign, that didn’t seem like a big deal.

But now? He wished he’d rented a Corviknight. Heck, he’d have chanced a ride on Kazooie. This place was steaming. It was like a sauna without the health benefits. A feeling that the Alolan man was surprised he minded. The fact that he was dressed in what he thought would fit in—which included pants—definitely didn’t help. He was pretty sure he was chafed too.

Blue jeans sucked.

Oz mopped sweat from his brow for what felt like the hundredth time. This time, he didn’t even bother putting the monogrammed handkerchief. It seemed like a lot of wasted effort. He’d just be pulling it out later. With an almost petty level of jealousy, the dark-haired man’s eyes slid to his Gholdengo. Though touching him burnt to the touch, the steel-type didn’t seem bothered by the heat.

Finally, Oz crested the path. In front of him, Lavaridge laid out in all its tourist trappings. As he moved his eyes toward the distant Ranger HQ, he shook his head. “Daddy needs a drink." He’d waited twenty-plus years for this. An hour or two wouldn’t kill him.

A few minutes later, he and Chip were basking in a local diner’s frosty air. Too lazy to lift his head, the man linked two straws together, using them to chug at his complimentary ice water.

“You know—” He flopped his head to the side. His father’s blue eyes looked lazily up at his server. “I used to think ‘The Floor is Lava’ was just a game—”

Obviously amused by his trainer’s whining, the Gholdengo grabbed the menu and began flipping through it.

Notes
She about to get some money.

Tag

[attr="class","oz"]

[newclass=.oz b] color: #83FCE0; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oz i] color: #83FCE0; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 18:25:19 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
How hilarious would it be, then, that he would find the person who was the object of his visit to Lavaridge today—to be the one serving him today?

(She was just the local Ranger captain around these parts, to be fair. Honestly it was supposed to be her husband who would take the mantle, but then the ‘rite of succession’ within Raicorp happened which left him unavailable—and therefore meant that she would be the one taking his place in the meantime.)

The good thing about Lavaridge was, it was as quiet as anyone would come. The hot springs were busy, the elderly people who frequently hung out near the hot springs area chatting (more like rambling) anyone’s ears off to those who would listen—

“What’d you want to order today?”

It was a slow day at ‘work’, after all. When her services as Ranger captain weren’t needed, she would be helping out at the family café when things were slow.

+
+ OHOHOHOHO

[newclass=".zuzu b"] color:#6a9c69;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".zuzu i"] color:#6a9c69;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".zuzu a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 13:15:03 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","oz"]Looking at his trainer, Chip could tell he was in some kind of distress. And he felt kind of left out. So, he decided he should play along. ‘Dengoooo.” Chip let his head drop to the table. Its weight was enough to lift the table off its feet. Gold eyes lifted to their waitress with a faux weariness. He forced his head to lift, feigning a great deal of effort. Feigning his last moments, he turned to his trainer.

Hot and tired, Oz was not amused.Some of us have organs, Mr. Dale.”

A shadow soon fell over their table. From his vantage point—his torso stretched across the table—he tilted his head toward her. His eyes landed on her apron. “Alola.” He stared at the menu he was using for a pillow. ‘I need something cold. Do you guys have milkshakes or anything?” Sure, he could just open the menu, but that’d require moving. “I’ll also—” Movement from across the table caught his eyes.

He was pointing (not so subtly) at their maitre’d. A gesture Ozni misinterpreted.

“I know it will go straight to my hips. You don’t have to be the diet police, babe.” With a sigh, he forced himself to sit straight up. He tried to give a trademark Adebayo grin. The spitting image of the one that likely ensorcelled Izumi’s mom all those years ago. “Sorry about that, love. I just needed a moment to be—” He blinked twice.

“Izumi?” His voice dropped. “Good deeds really don’t pay, huh?”

Tag

[attr="class","oz"]

[newclass=.oz b] color: #83FCE0; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oz i] color: #83FCE0; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 6:19:14 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
Accompanied by one of the strangest Pokémon that she’d ever seen (it looked disturbingly human, for one thing, despite looking to be made out of metal) she watched the little scene unfold with benign amusement on her features.

“Do you want something spiked, then?” she offered. It was easy enough to make a delicious spiked milkshake or two then, considering the weather around here. (Although, of course, one had to be over the legal drinking limit to even know the existence of such menu items.)

“Shouldn’t be too much trouble, I can recommend either the chocolate or the vanilla milkshake. And then it depends on what kind of kick you want, I can—” she was about to go off discussing what alcoholic spike of choice was available when she heard her name.

“Yes, that… that would be me,” she clarified. What was going on?

“What. What did you mean by that? What you last said?”

+
+ dun dun DA

[newclass=".zuzu a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 19:56:50 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","oz"]Baby blue eyes lifted to her with a languid grin. “Spiked sounds great.” With what seemed a great deal of effort, he flipped his wallet open on the table. His ID was featured front and center. He didn’t really think about the fact that it showed his last name front and center. The surprise and ensuing video was only a quarter of what was on his mind. Most of him was basking in the uncomfortable dampness of his clothes.

As the choices were given, he shook his head. “Something fruity if you’ve got it, hon.” Vanilla was for basic bitches and chocolate was too rich. Next to him, the Gholdengo’s eyes jerked up. Thick, golden fingers tapped rapidly at the table. He held up two fingers. Empty eyes lifted to Izumi expectantly. Obviously, he wanted his own secret menu item.

With a sigh, Ozni batted at his vicinity like he was an errant fly. “Nooooo, Chip. You can’t hold shit.” The CEO paused for a moment. “Remember when you dissipated through the floor? That was one beer.” With a look of faux innocence, the ghost-type shook his head emphatically. Obviously, he would be just fine. That had totally never happened. Oz was just fibbing (except he wasn’t).

Look at that. He found the girl when he wasn’t even trying. Good old-fashioned Adebayo luck at play.

At the question, he blinked. “What did I—” His mind took a moment to catch up to his mouth. “You’re a ranger right—El Capitano, in fact?” Pianist fingers drew idle circles in the air. “But you’re waiting tables like a peasant.” He shook his head. “Doesn’t say much for the payscale, right?”

At least that wouldn’t be a problem anymore. Not after he gave her the hilariously large check in his car. Which was currently at the bottom of the stupid hill that brought him up here.

Tag

[attr="class","oz"]

[newclass=.oz b] color: #83FCE0; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oz i] color: #83FCE0; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 7:16:17 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
“When I’m not on duty, or at elast when Lavaridge isn’t under threat of lava eruptions coming from Mount Chimney,” she continued to lighten the mood, “…I help out with the family café business. It’s a small thing, but it keeps my mom busy—she’s the manager and one of the chefs.”

She chuckled quietly at the Pokémon’s request before the other practically chastised them for asking for the same thing.

“You know what. I’ll get two. One spiked fruity milkshake for you, and… for you,” she continued as she stared at the humanoid metallic Pokémon (it had to be a Pokémon) “…they can have anything as long as it’s not spiked, right?”

She couldn’t help but chuckle at the quip about the pay.

“To be fair, really, my work salary’s going to the twins’ savings account they can access when they’re old enough to be responsible about it.”

+
+ dun dun DA

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 10:05:42 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","oz"]At the mention of eruptions, blue eyes flicked toward the nearby window. Was that smoke darker than earlier? Had the earlier sliding been a rumble to come? “And how often is it being threatened?” He was pretty sure his calendar hadn’t said anything about an appointment with a lava shower. But, if it happened, it’d take a herd of Mamoswine to get him out of this chair.

He’d just have to be one of the ash figures like they found in Alto Mare.

The conversation quickly turned to the woman’s private time. It seemed she wasn’t a peasant—just a sucker. As her explanation ended, Ozni found himself shocked. His dad had cheated more times than he had toes. Almost all of it with different women. There was another CEO, a rival’s EA, a young heiress, and a movie star. So, it felt off that he slid so far down the economic ladder. “Your mom’s a chef?” He craned his neck toward the kitchen, seemingly hoping to snag a look. “Huh.” That was really off the typical menu. Could it have been love? Pffft.

At the question, Ozni nodded. A hand unfurled as he flashed a thumbs up. “Yeah. Anything non-alcoholic. My wingman here can’t handle booze.” With a metallic ring, the Gholdengo settled lower into his seat. Big, circular arms folded irritably across his chest. With a chuckle, the CEO flashed him a lazy smile. “I’ll find a way to make it up to him later.” Maybe he could find a coin dealer or coin press nearby. Foreign currency always caught Chip’s attention.

“The twins?” Now, that blink was a stunned one. If they were hers, she looked damn food. “Huh.” Was he an uncle? Were there new heirs to go all Game of Thrones on? What the hell was the point of hiring someone to get him juice if they didn’t squeeze the whole lemon? Uggggh. He ran through his typical people-with-crotch-goblin questions. “You’re never too young to learn fiscal responsibility.” Or too old to ignore it?

Tag

[attr="class","oz"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 5:50:26 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
“Not unless like, some legendary Pokémon suddenly comes screaming out of the danged thing are we under direct fire,” she mused as she gazed at the peak of the volcano in the distance, “…however most days it’s quiet.”

She was not going to mention the time that Groudon had literally come bursting out of the damned thing, and she and the twins had to evacuate temporarily along with the entire café to another city because of the way aforementioned legendary Pokémon had almost made the volcano explode…

Alright, it was time to set a few things.

“Before she was a chef, she was one of those kimono-clad dancers back in Ecruteak, or Enju as it’s called in the other language,” she hummed.

“Well, you know how the old man’s got an eye for pretty ladies, and he absolutely fucking charmed her to leave her line of work, took her all the way here to Hoenn, got married, and then… they had me.”

There was a mirthless smile on her face after that fact.

“I found out about him being a little cheat when I woke up in the middle of the night one time, and I overheard them yelling about it. Then she sent him away. Kind of hard not to forget that when you’re like seven, eight years old. After that, we moved out here to Lavaridge, and she started using her maiden name again, and yeah my surname changed that time.”

Anything to hide from that despicable little…

“Give me like, a few minutes, I’ll get your shakes out shortly.”

(She would also retrieve one of the older photo albums while she was at it.)

+
+ dun dun DA

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 14:36:14 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznitop"][attr="class","ozni"]
[attr="class","oznimain"]Ozni turned to face the volcano with eyes full of suspicion. A sigh shook his slouched frame. “If this were anywhere else, I’d find that comforting.” But Hoenn wasn’t exactly an easygoing holiday destination. He was also starting to think it wasn’t a place he should be trying to prove a point. Just this week, the God of the Sea had been unleashed upon the oceans. Then, a month ago, the two doggos had clashed with some weird moose and an ice ferret.

The talk of kimono dancing brought a smile to Ozni’s face. Though it was more taunting and knowing than friendly. His dad loved that stuff. It fulfilled some kind of geisha dream he had. “I’ve been there before. Left a great Yelp review too.” He’d gone so far as to enroll in a few dancing classes with his girl. But it was soon pretty clear all he’d be good for at it was a laugh. The same thing went for his cooking.

As the conversation shifted to the old man, Ozni couldn’t refrain from muttering: “You can say that again.” While his own eye wandered, he’d never pretended he and the gals (minus one) were serious. But his dad couldn’t manage to pull out in more ways than one. Every single lady was wined, dined, and convinced they were the only one. But the second the apple of his eye came up pregnant, he vanished like a magician’s Buneary.

The story’s conclusion received a sympathetic wince. He had no doubt that his pops saw being kicked out as a blessing. It meant he didn’t have to make up some BS reason to go back to his wife anymore. Judging by the age of the next set of kids, it hadn’t left that much of an impact. “Father of the year, that one.” Ozni shook his head. “It seems like you landed on your feet though.” That’d be Gramps genes no doubt.

A cheeky thumbs-up served as his response. By the time she turned around, he was already dabbling on his phone. A bunch of brightly colored dots distracted him from how time seemed to draaag on. After a few seconds, a metal foot kicked at his chair. “Ghold.” Chippendale’s voice was a reminder. He turned pointedly to where the girl had disappeared. “Yeah, yeah.” He stretched back over the chair, the new position like something out of a horror movie.

“Dhengo.” He gestured toward the bottom of the hill. A large hand waved the ghost-type off as if he was a bag of fake farts. “I know. I know. I figured I’d get our drinks first before we PHC this biatch.”

[attr="class","ozni","oznitag"]
[attr="class","oznipoke"]

[newclass=.ozni] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznimain b] color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain i] color: #5ADEFA; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznipoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; ;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #7DE4FB;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #7DE4FB;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 21:42:50 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar
[attr="class","zuzu"]
While the spiked milkshakes were being constructed in the kitchen, she would slip through a secret door exit through an equally discreet alleyway towards their house; passing by the parade of annoying Pichu (which she gave an incredibly wide berth) and a Marill running around.

Kids.

She then heard the yelling from not too far away, before whistling once and then saying, “What did I tell you two about letting Pokémon out of the front yard?! Go get them back inside!”

There were two equally-loud giggling screeches that came back, followed by two equally-noisy blurs that ran past screaming all manner of ‘Pikablu’ and such utter nonsense.

In the time it would take the spiked milkshakes to be made, she would make her way back with aforementioned photo album tucked under her arm as she carted out the two drinks to where Ozni was waiting.

“So… yeah, here, take a look for yourself. Ma kept all their pictures and. Good grief,” was all she would add as she set down the photo album and allow him to look through it for himself to see what debauchery their dad had been up to.

+
+ dun dun DA

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
Maury Povitch [Ven][M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 20:59:11 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[attr="class","oznitop"][attr="class","ozni"]
[attr="class","oznimain"]When Izumi disappeared from view, Ozni relaxed in his chair. Long legs stretched forward, jutting out the opposite side of the table. Sure, he was all about putting on fake faces, but it was weird when somebody was your sister. As a guy who was never at a loss for what to say, this feeling was weird. “Sooooo….” The CEO started, his voice full of mischief. The Gholdengo grinned back, his teeth gleaming in the LEDs. “She totally has my nose.”

The ghost made a gesture best described as teasing. Large, blocky fingers drew up the creature’s golden exterior. “Yeah, yeah.” Ozni waved irritably as he pushed back against his chair. Its two spindly front legs are lifted. "She looks like a ghost.” So absorbed was he in the little placemat advertisements that he missed the chaos going on outside. Not that he’d have made the situation any better. He’d have just thrown another Pokemon into the mix.

The whoosh of the back door brought Ozni back to the present. His chair came back to the tiles with a clatter. The little triangular-shaped, advertising thingy was placed back by the ketchup. The little book is ignored in favor of the shake. With a noisy sucking sound, he inhales the drink. The cold—and the booze—wash over him like a Candyland fountain. “Ahhhh…” He tipped an invisible hat to her. “Compliments to the chef, Mamacita.”

Blowing irritable bubbles in his, Chippendale took a while to take a sip. But he forgot the drink entirely as the book flipped open. He’d never seen Adebayo Senior. The apple didn’t even fall from the tree. It just got chocolate dipped.

“Yeah. Guy has weasel written all over him.” Oz drew his fingers down one plastic page. His lips pursed as he looked at the old man’s smile. Had he ever looked that happy with Mom? “And look at that stupid grin!” The damned glee reached his eyes in this one! “I pull it off waaaaay better.” The CEO’s wink drew attention to his identical set of baby blues.

[attr="class","ozni","oznitag"]
[attr="class","oznipoke"]

[newclass=.ozni] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.oznimain b] color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznimain i] color: #5ADEFA; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #7DE4FB; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.ozni a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.oznipoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; ;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #7DE4FB;[/newclass][newclass=.oznitop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #7DE4FB;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights