lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 16:49:44 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] Lam hadn’t been back to Dewford since that day in April. The events of the Deep Sea were far enough in the rearview to not send him into an immediate panic, but there was still a wariness that came with setting foot in this particular town again. But if he truly wanted to adapt and improve, it meant working through these sorts of things, right? So putting his name in for a match at the re-opened gym seemed like a good way to brush the surface of those fears.[break][break]

No spectators meant that couldn’t head out to the pitch with him, but he’d still insisted on accompanying Lam to the gym itself. He felt appreciation for that, of course, even if it seemed like it might be sorta boring for his partner to just sit around in the waiting area until he was done. Still, he stepped away from Rook with a smile and wave that morphed into a double-thumbs up that meant wish me luck!![break][break]

Turning, he idly tapped each pokeball at his hip. One, two. Banking on this new pairing being a decent enough one to pull through. He hadn’t worked his toxitricity with Egg much, so there was a brief flicker of apprehension as he approached the desk to check in.[break][break]

Mac also hadn’t been there in the Deep Sea. Out past the edges of town where the rifts must have still existed. But the togekiss had, and maybe he shouldn’t be too worried after all. Of his primary team selections, she was one of his best in terms of adjusting to whatever teammate was on the field with her.[break][break]

Now wasn’t the time for last minute indecision. Not when he was literally left with nothing to do but wait for the newly appointed gym leader’s arrival.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- valor badge!

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 22:01:13 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Dewford welcomes this returning warrior with open arms. He was one of many who tumbled through the midnight sea for this town. It’s all there in the file, written in the report Navy reads. Knowledge is power. When someone puts their name forward, they afford a former detective the privilege of a lead. Arming himself with all the information he can find, Navy sees…[break][break]
A man from a foreign land. An employee of a co-worker. A gym trainer with two badges to his name. An ace trainer. Someone who has braved hell at least once, but one taste of hell is not enough. Navy feels grim, knowing the task he must undertake. This is what he signed up for – teaching people the realities of living in Hoenn and fighting for the League.[break][break]
Aloha, Mr. Logan. Good to meetcha.” He looks casual, dressed in his jacket. One hand lazily rests in his pocket. The other flicks in a waving gesture before drooping to Navy’s side. His waiting room is empty sans Lam and the guest he has brought. Gunmetal eyes survey this man. There are only two pokeballs at his hip.[break][break]
Honest.[break][break]
A simple thought. Navy likes honesty and honest people. Everything about this guy points to him being an individual the fresh-appointed gym leader would like.[break][break]
Hope you found the trip down here well. C’mon. Let me show ya in.” With another wave, he invites the trainer onto the pitch. Taking up his post on the far end of the room, he looks across at Lam.[break][break]
We can take a bit before we start.” Despite the distance between them, Navy sounds like he’s standing right next to his opponent. It’s a marvel of communication, courtesy of .[break][break]
Why Hoenn? Why come here? Why choose to make this place your home? What makes this a place worth fighting for – maybe even dying for, to you?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 22:41:38 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] “Ah–” he looks up at the greeting he receives. Despite his effort to remain stoic (and really, Lam has never cut a stoic impression, so why bother trying,) a grin splits across his face as the words sink in. It’s been awhile since he’s been received with an Alolan greeting. He’s never met Navy, but it’s nice. It tugs at that homesick heartstring, just a little.[break][break]

Lam shoots him a short-lived finger gun, “Familiarity. Nice.” And honestly, props to him for taking the time to do his research. Maybe Lam should’ve done the same, looking into the newest member of the gym leader roster, but it was too little too late. Even then, though, he expected those who took on the mantle to do their best in keeping trainers on their toes. “Likewise– Navidson, yeah?”[break][break]

He rocks back on his heels before his hands find his pockets. “Sure did, not a difficult flight at all.” Clear, summer skies and all that. His posture relaxes as he follows the other man at his direction. When he’d first started to take up battling, Lam found himself struck with nerves. Taking on ’s gym had been a prime example of that–the very first. But now, the familiarity of the arena and pitch were comforts, even when new or unfamiliar. [break][break]

Battling in real time, outside of the sport of it all and when the stakes are high, is what he needs to fortify.[break][break]

It’s easier, though, to take the opposite end of the pitch with a casual sort of confidence. The questions are somewhat unexpected–up until this point, his matches haven’t exactly included a round of questions. But it provokes a sort of thoughtfulness, and he can appreciate that.

At first, however, all Lam can really do is shrug. It’s not exactly dismissive, so much as simple honesty. “You know, it’d be nice to have some sorta big, passionate story for you. Maybe if I thought hard enough, I could make something up on the spot.” He smiles, and lifts a finger to tap at his temple.[break][break]

“But if I’m being real, I’m still figuring that out. I came here on a whim to be somewhere new, y’know? –and getting stuck under a region-wide dome a couple weeks after moving into your first solo apartment will make you adjust pretty fast.” An amused laugh bubbles in between his words. “I had a pretty stable life in Hau’oli, a safe one. But being here and finally figuring myself out, and having someone worth looking out for? I dunno, I’ve never wanted a platform or soapbox, but it feels like I should do my part too.”[break][break]

He snags one of the two pokeballs he brought, and tosses it between his hands before he looks up across the stretch of green again. “Plus, I just love all of this. The challenge in and of itself, what can be learned from it. Sportsmanship.”[break][break]

Life itself isn’t a game, though, of course. But that’s what he’s here at this particular gym for– to learn balance.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- valor badge!

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 6:25:24 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Like the gym leaders from the old movies, Navy crosses his arms and regards the challenger with stoic eyes. Every word is thought over, chewed on. Contemplated.[break][break]
Picked a bad time to move, sounds like. Had the choice to sink or swim, and you chose to swim. Good on you.” There’s a moment where the expression softens a touch. Navy looks like the guy you could grab a beer with. Maybe swap stories and dreams, promise to keep in touch. That fades, he’s back to being business as he swings at Lam with somber words.[break][break]
…but you talk like somebody who doesn’t have anything to lose. We both know that’s not true. It’s thrilling ‘til all hell breaks loose. You’re surrounded on all sides. Rocket’s coming for you, and they don’t care if they send you back to the person you love in a body bag.” Being a good soldier, he bites back what he wants to add about the league caring no more than Rocket. Best to not spread seeds of doubt, especially when at least part of this is recorded for the benefit of the council.[break][break]
…if you ask me, people fight better when they have somethin’ to lose. So, c’mon, Logan. Fight like hell today. Fight like you wanna get back to the person you love if you want this badge.” Out comes a pokeball. Beneath the trainers, the ground rumbles. Navy’s foot stomps a button that activates a marvel of engineering.[break][break]
Out comes Grugni, a Runerigus. It cries and floats about the pitch. The pitch begins lowering down and down.[break][break]
Don’t hold back!

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 3:23:17 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] If Navy had voiced his doubts, he would have surely found someone with a like minded mentality. Though Lam has friends within League ranks, there have still been moments that stick in his mind. Instances that call into question the objectives of both groups, rather than just one. Still, the memory of what happened in the deep sea was relatively fresh. Enough to prompt bursts of memory as the gym leader lays a scene for Lam. The unyielding dark, a strange gardevoir wielded by a rocket in the shadows ready to devour without remorse.[break][break]

The loss of Ginger, his quaquaval.[break][break]

There’s more, of course. Vivid minglings of memory and hallucination alike from the spread of cotton candy pink Interdream Mist. But Lam shoves down the tang of anxiety that threatens to rise in his throat. It won’t do him any good to lose his head now, before the fight has even begun. So he rolls his shoulders and tilts his head from side to side.[break][break]

He’s not wrong, is he? Lam has only just brushed the surface of the sensation—something, someone to lose. Rook’s concern for him when he came back from Dewford that night, exhausted and spiraling. He can do this.[break][break]

The other man’s spiel winds down and Lam’s mouth hooks in a crooked grin. “Well, when you put it that way, there’s no way I can back down now!” Lam points toward the doors they’d just come through in the moments before the platform begins to rumble and descend around them. “Especially when he’s waiting just out there.”[break][break]

would be proud of him regardless, Lam knew that. But he’d do this for the other. And for Ginger. This is at the front of his mind when he palms the first pokeball at his hip, brows furrowing at the sight of only one runerigus. He’d applied for doubles, hadn’t he?[break][break]

He only hesitates for a second, though—deliberates on the fairness of battle balance.[break][break]

But he also recalls some of the training he’d done with —how, like Navy suggests, the odds aren’t always completely honest. So as soon as his toxitricity is released, his togekiss follows—Egg swoops ahead shielding the reptile from the ghostly figure. “Don’t worry, I won’t!” the undercurrent of his words are cut through with the low hum of an EERIE IMPULSE that the toxitricity sends thrumming through the air.[break][break]

His attention flits to his togekiss— “Keep it at a distance.” Egg trills as she drums up a FAIRY WIND to force space between them before the runerigus can attempt to push closer.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- valor badge!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 18:04:03 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Some time ago.[break][break]
Hattori wondered what his Lord’s plan was for him on opening day. Unlike the rest of the cabal, he had the clarity to see that most of his Lord’s core team were not present on the battle plans made for opening day. Precocious and curious, Hattori left his pokeball and walked into the human’s office.[break][break]
Oh, Hattori.” Navy smiled at him. Rows of perfect white teeth flash at the Greninja. “I need you to do me a favor. We’ve got this battler coming in today, Lam Logan. Seems he’s one hell of a double battler. Got a plan…”[break][break]
He spelled out the plan with a Lord’s clarity, leaving no detail to chance. Once the plan was given, he understood. With a solemn bow, the shinobi left for the battle pitch. It was his place to get ready – to hide in the shadows. When the moment was right, he would strike.[break][break]
In the present[break][break]
The Lord speaks and the shinobi waits. Enduring boredom and his own nerves, he sits within his growing confidence. The challenger has sad eyes beneath the confident smile. This man knows loss. He cares for his Pokemon.[break][break]
It’s for the best. Hattori tells himself as the pitch descends and the battle starts. My Lord just wishes to help this man grow.[break][break]
Closing his eyes, he lets himself fall. Tumbling down the long shaft after them, he knows this trick must be performed with precision. If he fumbles, the theatrics will fail. The effect will be lost. The blame will rest entirely upon his shoulders.[break][break]
Squirting water behind him to control the fall, he observes the battle play out below. His Lord has that damned smile of his. Confident, like he is the challenger and the other is the test to be overcome.[break][break]
Damn, your rep really does precede you. I can see the chemistry these two Pokemon have. In a perfect world, these two are unstoppable.”[break][break]
Grugni’s power is sapped from him by Mac’s eerie impulse. Guarded by Egg, it is an impenetrable defense.[break][break]
Egg disappears. Hattori, a thief in the night, snatches the pokeball from Lam. With a cheeky salute, he backflips. A long steel corridor gives way to a vast, open domed arena. This too is a marvel, carved from the granite caves beneath Dewford Town. Hattori freefalls into the foggy battlefield below.[break][break]
…but you don’t always get to fight in a perfect world. Not with Rocket always out there. Always waiting. Always ready to take what we love from us.” [break][break]
Something bursts from the cave wall as the pitch descends, a snake of steel and stone. Roaring its triumph, Navy’s Steelix now plays its part. Grugni’s runic body begins to glow bright red. A powerful curse is placed upon Mac. Steelix, lurking in wait, flies into the descending pitch, a missile on a direct collision course with the Toxtricity.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Runerigus is hit by both eerie impulse and fairy wind.[break]
Greninja uses thief on Lam, recalling Egg and disappearing into the battlefield with the pokeball.[break]
Steelix uses dig to burst from the cave wall and attack Lam.[break]
Runerigus uses curse on Mac.[break]
Fight on! A warrior never gives up!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 2:52:52 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] “Wasn’t really aware I had a rep to precede me,” he replies with a shrug, though the remark does well to leave him with the budding of something close to pride in his chest. He does train hard to maintain cohesion between multiple parties of his team so that they’re always versatile.[break][break]

But right about then he wishes he’d done the sneaky thing and kept his altaria or pidove’s pokeball in his pocket as he typically does.[break][break]

Within seconds, Egg vanishes in a red flash of light—the pokeball nicked from Lam’s hip by the tricky little greninja. There’s a lag in his mind because in such a short window, he’s still a few steps behind processing the oddity of Navy’s remark about perfect worlds.[break][break]

“Wha—“ Fingers close on open air as he reaches out with a swipe seconds too late. “Egg!” A panicked sort of sensation prickles under his skin, reminding him of that helplessness he’d felt in the deep sea. Powerless as his quaquaval was kept out of reach.[break][break]

That anxiety flutters in his chest like a warning of how easily he could unravel if he doesn’t focus.[break][break]

Darting forward, he tries to follow the descent of the greninja as it disappears from sight, but the spread of hazy fog prevents him from locking on. Again, there’s that hum like live wires in his nerves.[break][break]

The continuation of the gym leader’s declaration only somewhat registers with him. He’s too concentrated on the sudden burst of rock and dust erupting to one side. All of it happening in rapid succession no doubt meant to confuse the situation further.[break][break]

That, and he’s right, of course. Lam knows that full well now.[break][break]

Exposed, the curse ripples through Mac, and when the toxitricity turns back toward Lam there’s a noticeable lag in his pace. The realization jolts through him—at least for the moment. They’re outnumbered, significantly so. That meant playing smart for the time being. Think, think. What had he done to see in the dark out in the rift?[break][break]

“If we’re gonna find Egg, we need some light, yeah?” He didn’t have his shinx now to brighten up the dark, but the toxitricity didn’t need much instruction.[break][break]

The pale blue ridge on his head and spine glowed with collected energy before he DISCHARGED a powerful flare of electricity that surrounded him in a wide radius.[break][break]

Rather than focus on the effectiveness on his attack on the runerigus, though, the gym trainer looks around—using the burst of light as a beacon in the hope of finding the greninja’s hiding place.[break][break]

As the effect of Mac’s attack begins to fade, however, the roar of the steelix alerts him to its descent. “Dodge!” but even as the command leaves his mouth, he knows the toxitricity will be too slow, hindered by the curse weighing on him.[break][break]

Without the shielding his togekiss should be providing, he does the impulsive thing: darting forward, Lam shoves at his Pokémon and then tucks into a roll as momentum catches him—hoping it’s enough to at least lessen the impact on Mac.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- egg noooooo 😭[break]
- mac uses discharge on grungi (rip type effectiveness)[break]
- lam using the flare of light to see if he can spot hattori[break]
- we’re shook by the steelix, but lam tries to push his buddy out of the way of the dig impact[break]
- we gotta find egg fr!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 9:48:56 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Soft.” Navy remarks, not unkindly, when Lam puts himself in harm’s way for his Pokemon. It’s something he himself would do, were he in the trainer’s shoes. Within the steel snake chasing the duo is a soft heart. When Lam puts himself between Mac and the attack, Steelix pivots. His steel jaw clamps around empty stone, sparing the two from the brunt of the attack.[break][break]
The discharge of light reveals Hattori within the fog, lounging on a rock. Thinking he would remain unseen for a time, he was relaxing. The light sparks him to get back into character, dropping a smokescreen and running off into the misty depths of the battlefield. The frog isn’t going to make this easy for them. Egg’s pokeball rests in his left hand.[break][break]
I’m not gonna tell you that you’re wrong for doing that, but you know as well as I do Rocket could exploit that.” Navy tries to sound impartial, putting on a brave mask. “These two aren’t gonna let up.”[break][break]
Steelix rises above the trainer and toxtricity. Grugni hovers close by. Attacks come from either direction as the curse takes its toll. Mac’s strength drains with every passing second. It’s a mean trick he’s pulling and Navy knows it.[break][break]
A shadow claw comes from one side, an ice fang from the other. Harsh swipes, just a bit slower than either Pokemon’s full speed. Enough to coax him to run deeper into the fog in search of Egg’s ball.[break][break]
Come on, man…” Navy whispers, “you’ve got this. Don’t give up.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Greninja is spotted lounging on a rock, uses smokescreen to run away![break]
Steelix backs off at the last second upon realizing Lam might get injured.[break]
Navy orders them to go on the offensive.[break]
Runerigus uses Shadow Claw, Steelix uses Ice Fang.[break]
Curse persists.[break]
You've got this.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 17:31:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]He waits for an impact that doesn’t come. The rumble of steel and stone diminishes, and he looks up to see the steelix careening away.[break][break]

Soft.[break][break]

The word isn’t read as an insult, either. He’d rather be soft and compassionate toward his team than callous or cold.[break][break]

When the light from his toxitricity’s attack flares to life, Lam spies the greninja before it scrambles to cover its track. He makes a mental note, then steps to move in the direction it disappears.[break][break]

“You’re right, but…” he trails off, shrugging as he glances back over at Navy for a moment, “it beats feeling useless. What good am I if I expect to depend on them, if they can’t depend on me?” Exploit it or not, he wasn’t about to be immobile and leave Mac outnumbered.[break][break]

“I wouldn’t expect them to.” They’re here to be tested, after all. But he wasn’t going to be kept at a distance in an unfair fight. Not again.[break][break]

“Keep it up, Mac—work with what we can.” The toxitricity nods at the encouragement, but it’s not as though words can recoup his energy. What he can do, though, is use sound to his advantage.[break][break]

“Boomburst.”[break][break]

Turning away from Grungi, Mac levels the clap of sound that erupts from him at the steelix. PUNK ROCK vibes amplify the reverberations in an assist to the reptile's waning strength. He winds up clipped by the opposing attack, ICE FANG’S catching his shoulder with a jolt of frigidity before he twists to follow in Lam’s direction.[break][break]

“Now retreat. We’ve got a different target to deal with.” He squints through the lowlight, following the general direction that the greninja had gone.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- Easter egg hunt commence[break]
- mac uses boomburst on steelix, power amplified by punk rock ability[break]
- turns away from both opposing Pokémon as he descends further, looking for the greninja instead

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 0:57:17 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Instead of following along, Navy begins fiddling with a console on his platform. It brings up a real-time display of the massive battlefield with his challenger and Lam’s Pokemon marked. It’s a convenient bit of technology. All the expenses that were spared for the plain building up above were poured into this state of the art battle arena down below.[break][break]
You’re talkin’ like a Champ, Lam.” Both of the Pokemon blasted by boomburst recoil. Even Grugni, a ghost with no need for sound, is left reeling. It hums in rage, trying to give face across rocky, uneven terrain.[break][break]
Once Lam leaves the pitch, he will find that the ground is covered in rocks. The way forward is hazy at best. Off in the fog, the sound of skittering grows fainter before returning at random. Just beyond sight, the cries of unfamiliar Pokemon call out to him from the fog. Steelix and Grugni are slow in their pursuit, but the rumbling of the ground shows that they’re coming.[break][break]
For the moment, Lam and Mac are alone. They only have each other.[break][break]
The moment passes. Hattori emerges from the shadows, a blade in the dark. A long blade of psychic energy forms in the frog’s hand, empowered by the protean power innate to certain Greninja. It sings as it flies for Mac. This extrasensory blade only grows sharper as Hattori’s eyes focus.[break][break]

[break][break]

+ [break]
Steelix and Runerigus both recoil from the hit.[break]
Greninja attacks from the shadows with a protean boosted extrasensory.
Curse persists.[break]
Fight like a champion.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 20:05:02 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]Navy’s words echo, but Lam is too focused to answer. He’s too busy descending into the rocky terrain–Mac hanging close to his side. The pale blue glow of the toxitricity’s ridge is the only light that casts around them to little effect. Only maybe a foot or two of radius around them. In the fog, the range shrinks.[break][break]

The whole sensation is uncanny. It mirrors that day in the deep sea. But this time, he does his best to not fixate on that feeling of being lost and helpless. He’s not. His toxitricity’s power is rapidly waning, but it’s not a forgone cause. The weight of his curse pulls at Mac, but he doesn’t falter. They build upon a pre-established trust in one another, and let it fortify.[break][break]

One won’t be leaving the other behind.[break][break]

The reverberations and clamor of their abandoned opponents sound off in the near distance, but is the glow of the greninja’s psychic attack that they square off against. Despite his weakness, his toxitricity is the one to step forward to meet the attack.[break][break]

Lam paces himself, and as soon as the greninja’s blade falls. It slices the air, whistling as it cuts downward at Mac. In a counter to this, Mac uses sound once again. Electricity crackles in reptilian hands that glow with spiked energy.When he pulls an arm down over the amplifiers on his chest, it swells into an OVERDRIVE burst that shoots outward at the greninja when the follow through of the blade draws it closer.[break][break]

The dig of the extrasensory attack is one Mac is willing to take. It drives him to his knees, significantly weaker than before.[break][break]

At the cue of screeching noise, not unlike the pitched riff of an electric guitar, Lam cuts to one side, and then forward–hoping to snag Egg’s pokeball back from Hattori’s left hand.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- Easter egg hunt continues[break]
- mac uses overdrive on hattori, power again amplified by punk rock ability[break]
- hit pretty hard by the extrasensory attack, tho. we’re FEELIN’ THE BURN

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 13:23:17 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hattori and Navy are united in their surprise. Per his own rules, the match should stop. The one real mandate, as determined by the League, is that Navy not hurt the trainers who challenge his gym. Lam’s doing it to himself, which is the argument he’s prepared to make should the League question him.[break][break]
Careful.” Navy cautions over the loudspeakers. It’s only fair he say that. Hattori moves to scramble away once more, but he’s caught. Boomburst sends him careening away, with the ball exposed in his hands. Lam swipes it back, takes back Egg into his custody. Hattori’s part is done, at least on paper.[break][break]
Grugni and Steelix soon arrive. Once more, they’re poised to strike. Hattori perches on a rock close by. A towering slab of malevolent energy is accompanied by a massive steel snake. Hattori opens his mouth and menacing, chilly energy wafts about him. They must look quite the frightening sight through the fog. They’re having a standoff, a good old fashioned one.[break][break]
Listen up. You’ve got Egg back, but Mac’s not long for this world. Between the curse and the beating he’s been taking, he’s on his last legs. Three on one…those are terrible odds. What’re you gonna do, Lam? Ball’s in your court. Back down or fight…no wrong answer.”[break][break]
The three Pokemon await the response of the challenger.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Steelix and Runerigus both recoil from the hit.[break]
Greninja attacks from the shadows with a protean boosted extrasensory.
Curse persists.[break]
Fight like a champion.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 20:27:20 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]When the dust settles, he finds success in the pokeball that rests in his hand.[break][break]

As Navy speaks, his attention fixates on Mac. The toxitricity is exactly as described. Curled forward with his wide paws on his knees as he tries to catch his breath. The sight of the three pokemon surrounding them is enough to send a shiver of foreboding down his spine. Lam weighs the options presented. It would be the safe move to retreat.[break][break]

But then Egg bursts free of her pokeball, trilling defiantly as she spirals upward. Clearly, she didn’t take too kindly about being snagged and withheld from the battle. It’s all the indication that Lam really needs. Despite the uncertainty that lingers under his skin, prickling against the back of his neck, he cracks a grin–a lazy, easygoing sort of smile that hides the burn of competitiveness that he bears.[break][break]

He looks back at Mac and the lizard lifts a curled fist to bump against Lam’s. The togekiss’ energy is enough to fire him up again, and his bent posture straightens up. It’s likely that he’s only got one more move in him, but it’s a move he’s willing to make.[break][break]

“Hold on defense, Egg. Come out swinging, first.”[break][break]

Maybe they’ll lose the match itself, because who knows how long Egg can hold out against a squad of three. But he’d rather go out with a bang. Because if this were a true conflict, with their backs to the wall the last thing Lam wants is to be the one who caves to intimidation. He’s been in that position.[break][break]

If resilience is what this match aims to instill, even if inadvertently, he’ll mark it as a success.[break][break]

Egg resumes her shielding position, swooping down as she heeds the avoidance of any true defense. Her direction swivels toward the steelix that vastly outsizes her. The radial glow of an AURA SPHERE casts around her downy body before it pulses outward in a heavy thrum at the steel behemoth.[break][break]

Mac shifts in the aftermath of her attack–aiming not at the runerigus, but at Hattori. As Egg’s SERENE GRACE casts down over them, he fires a noxious GUNK SHOT a the greninja before retreating to a stance behind the togekiss once again.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- no backing down! Even if the battle itself is lost, we learned some good things[break]
- mac uses gunk shot, hopefully egg’s serene grace boosts the potential of poisoning[break]
- egg maneuvers around, uses aura sphere on steelix

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 3:37:11 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Mmm, alright.” It’s an understated reaction. Navy notes in his mind what sort of person Lam is: a fellow warrior. Someone else who’d keep up the fight with his back to the wall.[break][break]
The road you’re walking’s a respectable one. Just keep this in mind: the warrior’s road usually ends in an early grave.”[break][break]
Three Pokemon observe the blistering offense. It is, as philosophers and warriors alike have insisted for centuries, the best defense. Each of them in turn is forced to come to grips with this renewed offense. Steelix is almost knocked into next week by the power of the Aura Sphere. Hattori stumbles as he feels the beginnings of poison.[break][break]
Yet still, they don’t stop. Each of them is a seasoned monster in their own right – Hattori even being a member of Navy’s personal squad. When Mac falls behind Egg, Hattori levels his even gaze at Egg. Opening his mouth, the air around the frog begins to mist. A concentrated ice beam fires from Hattori’s mouth, aimed right at the Togekiss.[break][break]
Behind the beam is a rampaging Steelix. Injured as he is, he won’t take that lying down. He’s been in pretty good shape thus far. He’s got a few hits left in him before he’s taken down.[break][break]
The attack, as it turns out, is a feint. His jaw snaps shut inches from Egg. Instead of attacking, he begins to rise. Magnet Rise activates, lifting him into the air.[break][break]
Hattori jumps up, catching a ride on the magnetized Steelix. Beneath them, the ground starts to rumble. All around them, the cave walls tremble. Debris scattered over the battlefield shifts. The fog whirls.[break][break]
Grugni has used Earthquake and the earth itself opens up to visit its wrath upon Mac.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Greninja uses Ice Beam[break]
Steelix uses magnet rise[break]
Runerigus uses Earthquake!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
new gold [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 0:49:10 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]He takes the advice with a tilt of his head, shoulder rising to his ear in an acknowledging shrug. “Well, it’s like you said, right? If there’s something worth protecting, it should be fought for.” Costly, yes, but probably worth the sacrifice. He taps his temple, though–that challenge was one taken to heart.[break][break]

For all three to be brought low from one collaborative attack would be much too much to hope for. Still, it’s useful to note the stagger in the greninja’s step, and the reel of the steelix before it swings back with snapping jaws. Pelted by the ice beam, Egg screeches with a strange sort of melodic fury–blown backward before regaining balance.[break][break]

From the air, the earthquake doesn’t bother the frosty Egg, but it’s enough to bring down Mac. Not that Lam was expecting any less. The reptile was already on his last legs.[break][break]

The earth rumbles and cracks underfoot–uprooting Mac and sending him flying. The toxitricity attempts to send out the clap of one last, sputtering BOOMBURST. His hands come together, but the pulse of sound is weak at best. “You did great, dude,” Lam commends his efforts regardless, recalling him in a beam of light before he can take any more of a beating.[break][break]

“Just you and me now, Egg!” he calls up to the togekiss as she trills in response, flitting around the sweep of the steelix as it rises into the air with magnetic force. “Pace yourself.”[break][break]

Ducking around the slide of its linked boulder-body, Egg seeks to use the steelix as her makeshift shield from the other two as she begins to glow with bright, photosynthetic energy. Charging up before unleashing that stored up power she had been prevented from using when the odds were a bit more in their favor.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- earthquake rocks mac’s world, attempts boomburst but it more than likely fails[break]
- Mac is recalled[break]
- egg ducks behind steelix and charges up solar beam (1/2)

[googlefont=Poppins]