1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 11:38:25 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The Kantonian restaurant Callan had picked for dinner was set in an upscale hotel, on the coastal side of Evergrande City, overlooking the sea.

Unlike the bustle of a typical Kantonian restaurant, the only indication this was Kanto-style cuisine was the tasteful yet excessive use of jade and ceramics dotting the dimly lit interior.

He would have preferred something simpler, like a hole-in-the-wall diner. But inviting the councilman to Aunt Wei's potsticker shack for their first dinner and drinks was inadvisable, even if Callan, and likely Fernando, preferred the taste.

He had arrived five minutes earlier and seated himself. A pot of iron buddha was brewed and poured as he reviewed the set menu. He had given the bottle of wine he had brought to the waiters first.

He scrolled through his phone as he waited for the richest man in Hoenn to arrive.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 5:33:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

QUESTIONS AND WONTONS

MISSION

HE LEFT MORE THAN JUST HIS PREVIOUS LIFE in galar’s twisted dreamscape. his punctuality, among other defining traits, dissipated in the aftermath of his regression. the disillusion between a man burdened with glorious purpose and someone who’s yet to come to terms with their calling walks a fine line behind his single eye.

who is he?

what defines him?

fernando has yet to find an answer to his question. it leaves him feeling more than just lost in an unfamiliar restaurant. it makes him feel out of place. stuck in some alien civilization with novel conveniences.

a dull jewel cuts through the sparse lighting, singling out a table housing a lone diner. his arrival is seven past the appointment. fashionably late to an audience of one.

young,” he acknowledges with a swift seat.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 9:12:34 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan watches as councilman Silph, familiar yet foreign, arrives fashionably late with a single word and takes the seat across from him.

"Fernando, hi." He smiles politely, taking the pot of tea and pouring some for the man.

As Callan's eyes trace Fernando's face, his practiced political smile fades somewhat.

He swiftly orders two of the restaurant's set menus for them. "You seem troubled."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 21:34:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

QUESTIONS AND WONTONS

MISSION

“GOOD EVENING,” pours from his lips, cushioned by the steam rising from his cup. when the liquid stills, fernando finds his eyes looking for the loose leaves that never made it past the strain.

oh?

he makes eye contact.

what could possibly trouble me?

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 9:53:59 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Many things, I imagine." Callan replies, placing down the teapot. "You don't have to share, if you don't feel like it."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 18:28:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

QUESTIONS AND WONTONS

MISSION

“TENURE TEACHES PATIENCE.”

he holds his next words to force the man into agreeance. if not verbally then by example.

and, in patience, you learn not to let things trouble you. correcting them is still paramount, yes, but they lose their tether to your will.

impatience boils in the deep longing to sip from his cup. but patience reminds him that it is not ready. the correct path is to let it simmer. infused under the duress of idle conversation.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 13:38:06 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses as he considers Fernando's words. "This is a matter of definition." Comes his reply.

"Perhaps I rephrase my question." Callan smiles, "How are you feeling, Fernando?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 19:34:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

QUESTIONS AND WONTONS

MISSION

“PERHAPS,” he mulls, fingers drumming in anticipation of tea. “but definitions are defined by those create something worthy of adopting.

his stare crawls away from callan to sneak a bite at the menu. tracing his sight reveals that the picture grasp his attention more than the list and prices below. following the kantoian t’s is how a true silph judges a meal but, on occasion, he prefers to feast with his eye.

quite famished,” he delivers with the same deadpan tone, “but i imagine you wanted to discuss more than just how eager i am for our meal.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 0:47:05 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses as her listens to Fernando's shift in the conversation. "Then definition for you is something that can be changed and altered by mass perception?" He raises a brief eyebrow, it's subtle.

Seviper soup is the first meal that is served, with peel of aspear and salac, and served with fried sheets of dough and herbs.

"I did." Callan replies, "I wanted to ask your advice on running a company. I'm starting a music label of my own and I want to make sure that it stands the test of time."

He takes a sip of his tea as he begins to dig into his soup. "What do you think are qualities needed to be an effective CEO, Fernando?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 22:01:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

QUESTIONS AND WONTONS

MISSION

“IS THAT NOW HOW LANGUAGE DERIVES IT’S POWER?”

his eye closes when he decides to let the point flounder. schematics, while entertaining, only whet his appetite more. the wait is unbearable.

ah, well, i’m not sure how applicable my advice would be—while your music is certainly entertaining, there will always be other options. a world that doesn’t rely on pokeballs, though? i’m not sure if we’ll see that in my life time.

a spoon full of broth simmers his thoughts.

but a good leader must be realistic. able to provide value that is greater than their cost. we, like any part of the process, are a cog in a greater machine.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 17:48:00 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I don't really see myself as a CEO either." Callan replies, though that part was apparent. Callan pauses however when he compares the two items, music and objects. "Having commodified much of my music career for power and money, I know I have very little right to say this but, I think music is something that is more... subjective?" The artist pauses briefly, "I think this circles back to what we were discussing earlier. Music speaks to fantasy, a pokeball is very much a practical object."

But there was something more that he wanted to ask, he was getting sidetracked, but the man was a little fascinating. "It sounds like everything you view, you view in material goods Fernando."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 19:06:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

QUESTIONS AND WONTONS

MISSION

“IT IS,” he answers, “which is why your question is difficult.

a swirl of his spoon feeds the steam that permeates his soup. he settles for a small sip, savoring a richness he’s gone without for almost a lifetime. an experience so sublime that it’s humbling.

your desire to stand the test of time—binary objects are easy to gauge. pokeballs, air, water. they are resources we will always need with not many substitutes. but specific foods? music?

he clicks his tongue.

i would miss kantonese cuisine very much should it ever disappear. but i would survive. hoennian would replace them slowly but surely.

his eye steels itself.

people have no qualms coming to me with request or asking for advice. but rarely, young, do they ask me for something subjective. about opinions that are not predictions.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 20:25:50 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's eye flits to Fernando's remaining one, before he downcasts it to his food and finishes his soup. The second plate was Pyukumuku in extensively starched concentrate broth. Callan never exactly developed the taste for this, but he ate it regardless.

Callan smiles briefly at his comments. "To be fair, you do project an aura of severity. Most would not want to risk using up much of your time." He pauses briefly.

"Silph Corporation has only been in Slateport for... how long now? I don't recall. But I never saw its tower in Slateport when I was a child." He toys with the slice of Pyukumuku with his chopsticks before taking a bite, continuing when he finishes.

"Yet now, it's synonymous with the skyline of Hoenn's biggest city. I can't exactly imagine it without the skyscraper dotting the upper city." Callan looks towards Fernando, "PokeMarts are dotted with your products, you've successfully inserted yourself into the government of the region, you possess prestige and wealth beyond most people's understanding."

Granted, he knew very little about Fernando, and he had even less to make his presumptions about the man. But they had to start somewhere, "But there's a part of yourself in the past that has defined these traits as desirable and a life worth living, just as it does the necessity of projecting this power and influence to others. I'm just curious to know what that is, or was."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 20:48:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

QUESTIONS AND WONTONS

MISSION

“DO I?”

fernando hums to the observation, settling into his soup. whatever will he has to object dies in his spoon. for how can he speak about how the rest of the world perceives him? and how callous would he have to be to tell them they’re wrong?

you think so?

he fashions a polite laugh as his chopsticks look to pick at pieces opposite his partner.

to my chagrin, my hope was to never rebuild silph tower after we fled kanto. i find it much too gaudy—inefficient considering slateport’s real estate.

a statement he punctuates with a modest bite. one he swallows almost immediately.

however, hoenn has seen much turmoil. the silph tower now stands as an act of defiance in the face of slateport’s history of disaster and occupation. it represents my appreciation and dedication to a region that would provide me asylum.

he smiles.

which is why i’ve endured the burden of council while others abandon their post.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Questions and Wontons
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 5:08:03 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan listens as he sips his soup. "I think so, yes." He replies.

"You find things that are inefficient to be poor in taste, then?" Callan queries, his eyes wander to the waiter, waving thim over to get the next dish.

"You're certainly the most tenured member of the council." Callan remarked, resting his chin on a palm tethered to the table. "But it sounds like you don't enjoy the position."

MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights