april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
and in this hell you'll stay
24 height
24 height
if this is the last night and you're feeling hollow - i'll give you my half life so you see tomorrow
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 3:57:28 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

it's another quiet night. [break][break]

she's lucky that she's gotten home - it's just about time for dinner. if she doesn't make it, the children will start to complain, and they'll whine and cry for their mother's cooking. though she'll stare at her hands on the stove and wonder why they like her meals so much, she's reminded of her expensive taste, and remembers properly. [break][break]

"huxley! adele!" she calls into the large living room, where the two children play with two ninetales. tip taps of running down the tile hallway echo the empty halls, and two heads peek out from the archway. the woman smiles, warmly (a smile that she doesn't dare to show others) as she holds up the sizzling pan. [break][break]

"dinner will be ready in five minutes" she hums, glancing to the fried rice she pushes around the pan "so clean up and get ready, okay?" [break][break]

the kids are so cute when they nod in unison, and skitter back down the hallway. she doesn't expect anything, until the five minutes pass. then another minute passes, and another minute.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

oh boy

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sheba]--accent:#e25822;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sheba]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 5:30:20 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
There's giggling from the other side of the house. In the dark corners, far away from the mother and the good food she cooks, the children are laughing. A guest has entered the home, having grown bored of waiting at an appointed spot. Instead, he stumbles into precisely the right place.[break]
It's foolish to underestimate a dog's nose. It leads him wherever he needs to go. If asked to apply human concepts of language to his navigation, he would appear an utter fool. He simply acts. Meaning and intelligent design are beyond him.[break]
The children were scared at first. Why wouldn't they be? He's a stranger in their home. It's only thanks to the strange creature he keeps with him, a Kartana named Kusanagi, that a bridge was formed between them. Well, maybe his ronin getup at something to do with it.[break]
The children have dubbed Hitoshi and his Kartana 'samufriends'. Hitoshi and Kusanagi stand up, pose with their hands on their hips, look forward. With a grin out of a movie, they speak in unison.[break]
"Once again, I have cut a worthless object."[break]
"Tcejbo sselhtrow a tuc evah I ,niaga ecno."[break]
The children love their Samufren. Kusanagi allows Huxley to wield him like a knife. Hitoshi shakes his head, having to be a little stern.[break]
"Careful now, don't hurt yourself!" He laughs. The children join him in laughing. Even Kusanagi laughs. That's how they're found, two children sitting on the floor by a ronin who leans against a wall, laughing so hard he has tears rolling down his cheeks.

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
if this is the last night and you're feeling hollow - i'll give you my half life so you see tomorrow
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 6:53:39 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

it's.. quiet. [break][break]

a bit too quiet. usually, the children should be ready to have dinner, no? so why is it that when she glances to the dinner table, she sees nothing? if they don't have dinner soon, she's afraid that she won't make it to her appointment, and she wouldn't be able to tuck the children into bed soon enough. [break][break]

"adele?" she calls. [break][break]

no response. [break][break]

"huxley?" she calls again. [break][break]

no response. [break][break]

were they too engrossed in their play? it wouldn't surprise her, but usually they would know better than to spend the next couple of minutes playing when their mother has told them, so clearly, that it was time to eat dinner. so, what were they doing? [break][break]

after another several minutes, the woman decides that enough is enough, and unties the apron to make towards the living room, where the children usually played. maybe adele was too caught up in her colouring, or perhaps huxley was starting to play super hero again, and lost track of the time? maybe they were too busy sleeping in the tails of an icy fox, because the heat was starting to become unbearable? [break][break]

unlikely, considering she kept the house nice and cool during the summer seasons. [break][break]

"children?" she calls out, just before turning the corner to see--[break][break]

someone who shouldn't be there. [break][break]

every hair stands on end when she watches a man playing with her children -- why was he here? no, wait, how did he get in here? she's certain that the security system should have gone off, and she's certain that she locked all of the doors. normally she would be enraged - she'd be yelling and scolding - but how can she when her children are laughing so joyfully? [break][break]

she has to take a moment to collect herself, and soothe her beating heart. yes, calm down, sheba.[break][break]

"a-ahem." she tries to clear her throat, furrowing her brows to the children and to the man who welcomed himself into her home.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

oh boy

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sheba]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 7:14:55 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
He looks up at her and he smiles.[break]
This is not the smile of a murderer or killer, although he is those things. Per the contract they have formed, they are bound by blood. Sitting on her floor, smiling with two children and laughing like an idiot, he looks like just another kid. Amber eyes raise to regard her. Their shade and hue are remarkably similar to the woman's own.[break]
If her presence bothers him, he doesn't let it show. As he sees it, he's just here as part of fulfilling the contract. Letting her know the job's done is important.[break]
"Yo! Heya. Job's done. Got bored of sitting around waitin', so I thought I'd come tell ya myself. These two are awesome." A hand goes to each of their heads, ruffling their hair. "Say, I'm hungry. Can I join ya for dinner? Call it a bonus."[break]
Hopefully the kids help his case. It's hard for someone to say no to their kids if the kids join in and say that's a good idea.

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 7:46:40 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

the nerve. [break][break]

sheba has aged ten years from his presence alone - and that's not enough? now he has the gall to ask to stay for dinner, and to eat food with the children? [break][break]

no, no, no.[break][break]

she was not having a professional murderer sitting at the table, having steak and fried rice with her children. this was outrageous-- he shouldn't even be here to begin with! what the hell was the security doing when a hitman can walk his merry way into her villa?! ugh.. this was impossible. all he had to do was wait at the designated meeting spot, and everything would be okay. [break][break]

she didn't think he'd come to her house. [break][break]

"no, you can't have d--" [break][break]

she's about to finish, only to feel the gentle tug of adele against her leg. she pleads, with her bright blue eyes beneath hair of darker auburn. the mother can only stare, melt, and sigh in defeat as the children eye up at her, expectantly. [break][break]

"... only for dinner." she grunts, before trying to shoo the children along. they're reluctant, but a quick "i need to talk to this man about grown up stuff" is enough to have them behave. [break][break]

and the motherly coo is dropped, immediately, when they leave the room. [break][break]

"what the hell are you doing here?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

oh boy

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 4:12:48 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
"I got bored waitin' on ya. What else is there to say?" In a dog's world, things aren't complicated. Instincts keep him out of trouble. Yumi trained him well in where to go and where not to go in relation to her own businesses. This, freelancing under independent contacts formed within Team Rocket, is new to him. Everything is for Yumi's glory. That is what led him here, to this place, looking into eyes that make him think he's looking into a mirror.[break]
"Wasn't followed." He adds, as if that solved anything. "Your security guards suck. Most of 'em are on their phones. Dudes weren't even payin attention to the monitors. Everybody capable of holdin' a gun or a pokeball in the building you sent me to clear out is dead. What's the problem?"[break]
The first real sign of concern crosses his face. A dog puts his proverbial tail between his legs. Apprehension takes him. How could it not, with the thought that just crossed his mind.[break]
"I didn't...upset 'em, did I? They're really cute. I like 'em. They've got your eyes." Whatever else comprises this creature, for these children, who he only just met, he feels nothing but unconditional love. It's in the unsteady cadence of his voice, the way he looks away. Not much causes him shame, but that thought does.

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 1:22:09 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

he's kidding. [break][break]

he must be. she'd think he was if she already knew that neither of them were people of jest. when she glances his eyes, she feels like she's looking at a mirror image - although this is the extent of their similarities. his eagerness for subordinacy and simple mind sets him apart from her. [break][break]

how unnerving. [break][break]

though it's more vexing the longer he speaks. does he understand the consequences of his actions? "that isn't the issue--" she has to reiterate, though with his thick skull, it won't be a sufficient explanation.[break][break]

it's almost baffling that he's more concerned about the children over himself. shouldn't he be more concerned about the professionality of this all? more concerned about the business, the fucking clear breach of personal boundaries? ( but she's speaking to him, so maybe she's expecting too much. as good a dog he was, his instincts seem to lean towards an untamed savage ). [break][break]

there's no way around it. [break][break]

"they aren't upset." she speaks in terms that he'll understand, just so he doesn't look like a kicked puppy on the side of the road. "they enjoyed playing with you, but let me know before you play with them. what if it wasn't you who broke in, but someone who would hurt them?" maybe the possible threat will scare him into understanding her caution. [break][break]

she crosses her arms, brows furrowed with the quirk of her lips "you understand why i'm upset, don't you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

oh boy

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 4:05:44 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
"Well, if someone like that broke in, I'd kill them, obviously." He says as if that settles the matter. So long as he has his blade, nothing can harm those he has decided he cares for.[break]
...or so he would like to believe.[break]
That creature is out there, the snow-draped sword. It is not something he can simply slay. Not as he is now. Were that cat to intrude upon this woman's home, he could do little save cover their escape and say his sorrowful prayer to Yumi that he couldn't keep his promise. Perhaps those words he says are more for himself than her, a reassurance that his strength is enough.[break]
"...look." There's a sigh, he tries to build his part of the bridge that is understanding. He wants to meet this woman in the middle, truly, he does.[break]
"I didn't know you had kids. Dunno anything about you." He was, in fact, an exceptional specimen in regards to how few personal questions he asked during that initial meet and greet.[break]
"All I knew is I got done early. Killing 'em wasn't hard. So I got bored waiting, figured out how to get here, and just thought I'd come and let you know. I was gonna leave."[break]
He looks away from her, out the window into the darkness beyond the light cast by electric civilization.[break]
"...guess it's just a weakness of mine, I love kids. They're not old enough to hate yet." He envies them for that. He has seldom felt hatred in his own heart, but when he has, it's scared him.[break]
"I won't come here again if it makes you mad."

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 5:14:46 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

he's making an effort. [break][break]

he's making an effort to understand, which is better than what she was expecting. how can she blame him for not knowing when she keeps the children's lives under a padlock and key, and hide their relation to her from the entire world? [break][break]

it's sad. he's so stupidly simple minded, so willing to meet in the middle when she's concerned and upset. this situation was absurd and ridiculous, and even impossible to some degree - but though she's brimming with frustration and anger, there's something in those bright, amber eyes (that are so much like hers, she'll loathe to admit) that makes her feel like she's looking in the mirror. [break][break]

she hates it. [break][break]

so she raises her hand to gently pinch and rub the bridge of her nose. the furrow of her brows and wrinkles upon her nose start to loosen. [break][break]

"yes," she starts, her own amber eyes narrowing as she glares up "i would appreciate if you didn't intrude in my personal life." because despite how she might feel, there's still a line that needs to be drawn. she'd like to kick him out right here, and now, but the cry of adele from the dining room reminds her of the time. [break][break]

"... but not now." her shoulders slump in resignation. she just can't win against her children. "i didn't know you were so good with kids."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

oh boy

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
muzzle
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 11:28:50 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
All he can do is shrug when she observes he's good with kids. It's not a shrug born of apathy, his face is too expressive and warm for that. He shrugs because quantifying such things into words is impossible, like asking a frog to explain how it ribbits. Still, he tries, drawing from a well twenty years deep. People asked him to teach them swordplay in a dream once, and he picked up on how to explain things.[break]
"Eh, just don't treat 'em like yer better than them and play games with 'em." Standing up reveals he's shorter than her by a few inches. Much like certain dogs, he barks like a creature far larger than he is.[break]
"Plus, this guy helps." Hitoshi points to the ultra beast floating in the room like it's no big deal. The shiny Kartana twirls and gives his employer a salute.[break][break]
"So, what's for dinner?

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
muzzle
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 2:13:11 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

it's rare that she has to look down at someone. [break][break]

an adult, that is. maybe it's because she's felt like she's been looking up for too long - maybe it's because of the feeling of unfamiliar familiarity that she can't shake off (she's always had to look up, at the same amber eyes. only the difference is that his aren't dull, and there's a shine and glow that burns in them). [break][break]

the burning rubs her the wrong way. [break][break]

it's the only time sheba will avert her eyes, unable to face them, even when she knows it's shameful of her to run away. [break][break]

yes, it's those god damn eyes. [break][break]

instead, she ends up looking to the ultra beast that nonchalantly salutes, and her immediately reaction is to jerk back, slightly. "i--" she starts, brows furrowing and knitting. her breath hitches, but it's quickly brought back down into.. faux composure. [break][break]

"... please put them back into their pokeball before dinner." she sighs, finally turning to lead the man towards a larger, spacious dining room. [break][break]

"we're having steak, fried rice, and some vegetable sides tonight."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

oh boy

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
muzzle
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 10:44:18 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
"Yoooo, that sounds good!" The fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. This point is species-agnostic. Humans and dogs both love to be fed. Jumping up, he follows her like a dog trotting up to the counter. He's hungry. Killing works up an appetite. Kusanagi deflates at the notion of being put away in a pokeball. The paper sword slumps his arms, grumbling in a strange language alien even to Pokemon.[break]
What follows is a good meal. Nothing more, nothing less. His eyes burn with light. Unmistakable warmth radiates from him at the presence of the children. He treats them with unabashed, unconditional love and kindness. Turning back to the woman that has welcomed him to her table, he does the same. What follows is a story for another time. They come to learn blood binds them. Life is full of funny coincidences like that.[break]
Perhaps it's the hand of fate at work. Fate may be a four letter word, but it's too big a concept for the mind of Inoue Hitoshi.