He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Race To the Future (Gym Challenge)
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 1:07:16 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Ace had been waiting for this ever since he heard Hideo had opened a gym. A minor gym granted, but one nonetheless. Then he got too busy, and here the lad became a full fledged gym leader. And a fixture within the community. His mom had been gushing about the boy, and his own dad had sung how impressive the boy was. But Aaron knew all of that already. Knew that Hideo was strong willed, and didn't let his disability get in the way of his dreams. That was impressive enough, but tack on overbearing parents and the region they were in, and it was clear the guy had guts. Instead of a singles match like he'd normally do, the blonde decided on a double battle using his two strongest fighters: his starter Trevenant and his Magnezone.

Stepping into the gym and going over to the arena, he waited to see his friend. When he did, he spoke. "Yo, good to see you again. Seemed we just missed each other recently in Lilycove, but hope you're doing alright. How close are you now to eight badges?" Even with a stoic expression and monotone voice, there was a hint of warmth there. "My mom's been gushing about you, by the way. Got any plans after this? I bet she'd be happy to meet you." She'd already met . After him, she'd just have to meet to meet all of his friends. Well, that may be difficult at the moment, but maybe one day. She'd really gush over her...

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 23:22:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
So far, running the Gym had been going fairly well. Reception had been very positive overall, the Littleroot residents liked him, and he had a steady stream of challengers. No incidents yet, whether accidents or Rocket activity.

It was no shock that word of mouth was growing - and glowing.

It wouldn't take long for Hideo to meet up with Aaron - as a Gym Leader to a challenger. "Glad to see you too," he answered, a small smirk on his face.

"I'm apparently allowed to give myself my own badge…so that'd put me at 8 badges. And if I can make it a traditional badge, it'd put me at 4 traditional badges. Pretty sure that's enough to take the champ assessment if I want…buuuuut I've been busy enough here as is. Gym Leader life doesn't leave too much free time."

A lie - he had plenty of free time, and he already knew at least one Gym Leader ( ) was actively taking the assessment, and he'd had more than one Gym Leader ( ) made time to try his challenge. But a lie was easier than explaining he didn't feel worthy of being a Champion - that he'd settled for Gym Leader. "It'll be a while before I get a chance to visit anyone, but your mom's free to visit whenever she wants. She could even watch our battle."

Greetings out of the way, Hideo would lead Aaron towards one of the rooms (by following one of his Pokemon there).

It was a fairly featureless room, with a number of people sitting on the bleachers on each side. A number of psychic Pokemon were at each end of the arena, and on the opposing end of the arena, stood two of Hideo's Pokemon. One, a small Rabsca, its orb held high. The other, as notably-taller Galarian Slowbro, lazily laying its Shellder on its side.

"Once you got your team ready, I can set things up!"

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 1:55:19 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Well, that was amusing. And maybe a little cheap, but still kind of amusing. Pity about the free time though. "Shame about the free time. But I hope to see you be a champion before I become one. If anyone deserves it, it's you." And he meant that. It was rather inspirational that despite all the obstacles, Hideo had gone so far. "Sadly, she couldn't. She spent too much time volunteering to get things back up and running around here, and helping those whose homes and businesses weren't repaired by Dialga's Roar of Time, so she's busy with work. Dad's here though, along with a good portion of my classmates and townsfolk..." Not that he really needed a cheer squad. Small town and being one of the strongest youths in town did make him something of a minor celebrity here, where most of his family lives. Thankfully Kee was off doing something. Hopefully with a certain blind chef.

Aaron followed Hideo to one of the rooms. As expected, a number of people on the bleachers on each side. Including his father. There was a bit of excitement in the air. On the opposite side of the arena was a Galarian Slowbro and...a Pokemon that he was not familiar with. A quick entry from his pokedex revealed it to be a Rabsca, a Paldean Pokemon. That was...interesting. "I certainly hope your Rotomdex told you about the message I left when I issued my challenge. To you, I shall send only my best. Don't hold anything back, even if it means you'll absolutely obliterate me. I certianly won't be holding anything back. Let's go, Trevenant and Magnezone!" One of the most animated signs that he'd shown in years, Aaron brought out two of his starters, his signature Trevanent and his Magnezone.

That sent a string of murmurs, namely how it seemed like his Trevenant was even stronger now and that his little Magnemite was fully evolved now. This was a double battle, and Aaron had a general plan on how to do this. This wasn't the first double battle he had with these two, but the blonde was actually excited about this battle.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 23:48:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"'Course I got the message! It'd be wrong of me not to test you properly, so I could only expect you'd bring your best. Can't just hand you the badge 'cause we're friends." It was a test of one's strength and readiness; it'd be a disservice to just give it out willy-nilly. "And it's the first time I get to battle you, so we both gotta make good first impressions!"

With Aaron's Pokemon out, Hideo nodded, walking over towards his own team. Seemed like Aaron was pretty popular here as well, with the murmurs talking about his evolved Pokemon - even more reason to take this seriously.

"Now that we got our Pokemon ready, let's set up the stage!" A Psychic Terrain was spread by the Psychic Pokemon on the outer edges of the arena, the environment quickly transforming into something completely different.

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Round 1! Fight!
[attr="class","monody"]
Beneath The Emerald City
The building around them disappeared, the bleachers and the audience disappearing as well. It would be as if the building they were in had never existed; they stood upon a green-tinted lake, a large, green bridge towering above them off to the side.

The water below them felt no different than the solid ground they'd been standing on moments ago; the illusion was only visual, yet the water would react as if it were real, rippling as the boys and their Pokemon walked across it.

Despite the size of the room seemingly expanding, all challengers would be aware of the proper dimensions of the room (as well as where the spectators were located) courtesy of the Telepathic Pokemon maintaining the illusion.

"With the room properly set up: the first moves go to the challenger!"

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1130281446427336704/oie_1713414S7LDA8z1.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 16:14:31 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
The boy went to the opposite side and had the psychic pokemon on each side prepare the field. Aaron knew that there wouldn't be any additional affects, just for appearance sake, so his two waited patiently. The field set up, looking like a lake. Touching the "water" and seeing it ripple, Aaron really wished there was a ghost/psychic type out there. It was a pretty cool showing. Standing back up, he had his Trevenant stalk over onto the field with Magnzeone floating nearby. Getting the message about the room, and Hideo declaring that Aaron makes the first move...very well. Time to put the plan into action!

"Trevenent, use Leech Seed on Rabsca, Magnezone, Lock-On to that Slowbro." Monotone and stoic, Aaron commanded his pokemon to use his personally more common strategies. Seeds popped at Trevenant's wrists as he fired them at the Paldean Pokemon to slowly drain their power away. Magnezone analyzed and locked onto Slowbro so its next attack would be gauranteed to hit. Well, there was still ways around that, but he doubted either of these Pokemon had them. Either way, the battle was afoot!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 20:22:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1132769668550107246/Under_Bridge_I_Quiet.mp3[/player]
Under Bridge I

[attr="class","monody"]
Beneath The Emerald City
Their watery stage was set, and the battle had begun!

The Leech Seed found the Rabsca fairly quickly, latching onto its main body. It looked miffed by the life-draining addition, but also relieved the orb was safe. The Slowbro could only watch as the Magnezone Locked On to it, tilting its head around the red ring surrounding its body.

Seemed their opponent was setting up for a strong attack.

He'd strike solidly first.

"Orby, get that Trevenant back for that! Army, show that Magnezone how we set our attacks up!"

The two Pokemon nodded, the Rabsca immediately launching a Psychic attack on the Trevenant, attempting to toss it aside. The Slowbro went to work on a Rain Dance, the effects of its lazy arm-waving quickly becoming apparent as drops of rain fell from above, countless ripples flowing through the lake as raindrops hit it.

And these raindrops were very much real, unlike the lake they fell upon.

Rabsca has been Leech Seed(ed)
G!Slowbro Locked On to
Rabsca uses Psychic on the Trevenant
G!Slowbro uses Rain Dance

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1130281446427336704/oie_1713414S7LDA8z1.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 15:31:38 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
The Leech Seed hit Rabsca, growing vines around the beatle and draining its power. Magnezone's Lock-On likewise hit home, allowing for the setup to be completed. Now it was Hideo's turn. Psychic hit Trevenent, but didn't move him likely as much as what the Rabsca would have liked, having only moved maybe five feet to the side. It may have been neutral damage, but his tree was his strongest Pokemon. Actual rain drops started on the field, soon turning into a downpour. Aaron remained undeterred. "Ingrain." New roots grew down into the stadium's dirt battlefield. Trevenant just had one more target, then the setup would be complete.

But first, that Galarian Slowbro. Aaron didn't have to command it for the second part of its attack. A large ball of electricity formed between its magnets, and let loose Zap Cannon. Even the rain didn't stop it. The metal oversized magnet Pokemon stayed close to Trevenant. Even if both of them resisted water-type attacks, the Rain Dance will still make them hurt. He just had to pay attention and use the right move at the right time to avoid them.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 23:12:20 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Beneath The Emerald City
There was a subtle, thin film of psychic energy keeping the raindrops off Hideo, one of his Pokemon outside of the battle keeping him dry. It gave the appearance that he was casually repelling the water from his body, unable to even be harmlessly soaked by his own Pokemon.

He himself hadn't realized it yet, his attention solely on the battle.

The roots from the Trevanent's Ingrain dug into the water, like a River Birch finding its place (though the roots themselves truly did just dig into the arena floor). A Zap Cannon from the Magnezone ensured the Slowbro's retaliation wasn't immediate, pushed back slightly by the attack.

But while Aaron was entering the final stages of his preparations, Hideo's setup was already completed. Now it was time to reap what he'd sown.

Hideo raised his hand up with a flourish, his Slowbro catching the signal. The water level would start to rise quickly around the battling Pokemon, the large wave a of Surf rushing towards the Trevanent and the Magnezone.

The Rabsca was spared from the potential soaking, her own Telepathy informing her the attack was coming. Her own attack would come in the middle of the Surf, the ground around the Magnezone soon erupting with her Earth Power, marked by Hideo pointing forward.

G!Slowbro hit by Zap Cannon
G!Slowbro used Surf
Rabsca safe from Surf due to having Telepathy
Rabsca uses Earth Power on Magnezone

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 1:00:33 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
As expected, the Zap Cannon smacked the Slobro, sending it back a little in a slide. Though the real boon was the paralysis Zap Cannon induced upon hitting a target. That was the main reason for it. Then came the retaliation. Surf and Earth Power. Honestly, he was more worried about the Earth Power, but why not avoid everything? Even if it meant Trevenant couldn't attack anything this round. "Phantom Force, short hop, bring Magnezone with you." It was meant to avoid taking any damage, but at the cost of not doing anything either. Kind of a makeshift Protect in a way. The tree grabbed the saucer-like magnet and both of them disappeared into a portal. As soon as it disappeared, both attacks missed.

Magnezone may have Sturdy as an ability, making it be a two hit KO more or less no matter what, but he wanted to get Rabsca as well. When the duo reappeared between both of Hideo's Pokemon, Magnezone face the bug pokemon while Trevenant faced Slobro. "Lock-On to Rabsca." Paralyzing both of them was the goal, and hopefully Trevenant can then finish up his setup on Slowbro. It was smart to quickly setup weather for a powerful water type attack, but he had a way around it. If he could get a Leech seed on Slowbro, the attrition battle would be his...

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 19:54:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Beneath The Emerald City
Paralyzing a Slowbro was like putting a Komala to sleep: there was virtually no change in how they'd act. This one hadn't been planning on winning any races today.

The timely Phantom Force helped evade both water and earth, but that would leave Hideo's team undeterred. The Lock On found the Rabsca, who was already preparing another attack.

"Army, cover Orby!"

The Slowbro advanced in front of the Rabsca, shell-first. It was easy to guess another Zap Cannon would come soon, and having both Pokemon paralyzed would be a concern - so keeping the tougher one in front would help limit the damage.

And the Rabsca would still know where to aim too; that Telepathy came in handy for more than just avoiding attacks - it could tell what the Slowbro was seeing, so it knew where to aim to strike at that Magnezone with another Earth Power.

The Slowbro, meanwhile, tried to make the shell Withdraw further up its arm - but it was taking longer than usual. Maybe that paralysis was having an effect.

Rabsca Locked On to
G!Slowbro is standing in front of the Rabsca
Rabsca uses Earth Power on Magnezone
G!Slowbro tries to use Withdraw - paralysis interferes

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 20:30:11 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
The Slowbro went around Aaron's Pokemon, using a delayed Withdraw. Magnezone charged up another Zap Cannon and fired, hopefully reaching its intended target before the 'Bro got there. The shell slowly creeped up its arm...seemed the paralysis was helping in other ways. In that case..."Shadow Claw. Try to finish it." Even with the defensive move, taking two Zap Cannons and then a super effective Shadow Claw would have to really get that Bro pretty close to being out...right? His tree charged in, dark, shadow-like claws forming on his wooden hands to slice at the Psychic type.

The Earth Power surged past Trevenant and Slowbro at Magnezone, sending the thing up, and landing hard back at the center of the field. No matter how hard you trained your Pokemon, even if there was a large difference in strength, a four times super effective strike like that was going to hurt. Thanks to the magnet's Sturdy ability, it was still up for one more strike. That could make or break this battle. Hideo was strong, and it showed here. Still, Trevenent was a bruiser, and Leech Seed was still in effect. As was his Ingrain. That was going to make him much tougher to knock out than Magnezone.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 23:00:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1132769668902432788/Under_Bridge_II_Quiet.mp3[/player]
Under Bridge II

[attr="class","monody"]
Beneath The Emerald City
Two attacks came for the Slowbro - and that inability to Withdraw in time did not do it any favors. The Zap Cannon, it took heroically, sheltering the Rabsca from any damage. It was the Shadow Claw that followed after that sealed its fate, the claw striking hard.

It took a couple seconds for the Slowbro to acknowledge it was knocked out. Whether that was due to the paralysis or its own natural slowness was up for debate, but it soon hit the water with a *thud*, waves rippling outwards.

"Well struck," Hideo said, a wry grin on his face, "but you'll find that some Pokemon are harder to keep down. Orby, use it now!"

A bright aura enveloped the Rabsca, the water below swirling around them. Wisps of energy floated up from the water, the aura around the Rabsca quickly erupting into a circle of energy, channeling towards the knocked-out Slowbro.

The energy entered the Slowbro's body, its eyes opening once more. Slowly, it stood back up, once more in a fighting condition, the Revival Blessing spent well.

And without the paralysis, though at its current speed, that might be hard to notice.

G!Slowbro hit by Zap Cannon (protecting the Rabsca)
G!Slowbro hit by Shadow Claw
G!Slowbro KO'd
Rabsca uses Revival Blessing on G!Slowbro
G!Slowbro is able to fight again.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 1:02:20 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
That 'Bro was down, but he was kind of surprised there wasn't an immediate announcement. Ace soon learned why as Hideo gave him a wry grin, giving an order to the Rabsca. Energy flowed around the two, and the Slowbro was back in action. A move?! Taking out his pokedex, he researched it. Revival Blessing. It revived a downed Pokemon, though cannot be used very often. A small grin made its way on the blonde's face. "Seems I need to study a bit more. Well done. Magnezone, Thunderbolt the Slowbro. Trevenant, Leech Seed it too!" He figured he'd try to get some chip damage on it too, with the seeds. Rabsca, having been seeded earlier, already had some damage on it. But he wasn't too worried about it. He was more worried about the Slowbro.

Magnezone's Thunderbolts were very powerful. Maybe not as strong as Zap Cannon, but were reliable already. And with the Rain Dance, practically gauranteed hits. Even with a small chance of paralyzing, better get as much damage done before it got hit with two attacks. From his forearm, Trevenant formed multiple seeds, and fired them at the 'Bro, hopefully seeding it as well. Then his full setup with Trevenant would be complete. A bit lengthy, but the tree was tough enough to get it done.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,418 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 23:31:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
Beneath The Emerald City
A powerful move indeed, and it was the main reason the Slowbro sacrificed himself for her sake. "To be fair," Hideo said, "Rabsca is a pretty new Pokemon in Hoenn, and it's the only mon that naturally learns that move." That he knew of, anyways; he'd heard of some other Pokemon using the move, but they were exceptions.

The Slowbro was immediately under assault again, from both opponents. The bolt failed to paralyze the Slowbro - though with its lethargic pace, it would be hard to tell. It didn't seem to react to the Leech Seed at all, though the seed was clearly planted.

The Slowbro was still standing, and it was ready to take the offensive while it still could. Though appropriate to its speed, the Rabsca would be first to attack, launching a Bug Buzz at the Trevenant.

Only after the first attack was launched, would the water level start to rise again, another Surf heading towards the Trevenant and the Magnezone. And as before, the Rabsca would be safe, thanks to her Telepathy.

G!Slowbro hit by Thunderbolt (no paralyze)
G!Slowbro hit by Leech Seed
Rabsca used Bug Buzz on the Trevenant
G!Slowbro used Surf
Rabsca unharmed by Surf due to Telepathy

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 18:57:02 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
At this point, it was now just damage output. Aaron thought about his next move while he absorbed the information that Hideo gave him. A signature move, huh. Well, something to look into later. Slowbro was seeded at least. Rabsca responded with Bug Buzz towards his tree. "Phantom Force." Trevenant quickly threw himself into a shroud and closed it, avoiding the attack for now. This time, it was to actually attack, not just be a makeshift Protect. Magnezone was hit with the Surf, sliding back, but still hanging on, its eye still seen through the water as electricity sparked around it, ready to attack once more.

"Thunderbolt again." Even as physics defying as Pokemon can be, the Thunderbolt seemed more so. It surged through the Surf towards the Slowbro. And hopefully with Trevenant's attack, take it out again. Granted, Ace also wondered if Hideo was going to have Rabsca use Earth Power to take out his Magnezone. A tit for tat trade-off. When Trevenant would appear again, it would be to attack Slowbro from behind with Phantom Force. Though it meant that Trevenent was vulnerable as well.