March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Stormbringer's Lair [S][C/Howard]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 0:54:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin could detect the sarcasm in Howard's voice; it was clear he didn't like birds much. Who could blame him? Aerial predators were frightening Pokémon, many capable of lifting people clean off the ground in their talons and carrying them away to unknown reaches. Shalin, of course, was much more fond of them. Then again, she was fond of anything she could strap a saddle to, and she had quite the loose definition of that.

"Take some credit, Howard," Shalin encouraged. "This is a place that's so dangerous to come out to alone. We were there for each other. And now you'll get to see how rewarding teamwork can be." While both of them were banged up quite a bit, Howard seemed fine to continue to the peak.

Before they continued on, Howard brought up the idea of riding her Pokémon. She was too dizzy to hop on any of her flying Pokémon as of yet, what with them all flapping their wings as fast as a zipping insect. That left Lathiel. Sighing, she sent out the Type: Null and attempted to swing herself aboard the chimeric Normal-type. Sensing what was up, she sidestepped out of the way, then stared Shalin down with a deadly glare. "Still no, Lathiel? Even now?"

Dejected, Shalin reluctantly pulled a second Poké Ball, her Kommo-o emerging from it. With unsteady steps, she hopped aboard the expecting fighting-type. "Now Treble, please... just this once. Don't vibrate your scales. Please." Nodding, the dragon honored his trainer's request before leading the way to the peak of the mountain fortress. What the two witnessed may have blown Howard's mind like a Blacephelon.

There were remnants of a village on the roof of the fortress the two had just navigated. For a civilization that was supposedly thousands of years extinct, they were quite advanced. Many simple buildings were built and even carved into the plateau that was the peak, quite a few having stone runways arching over the cliff for birds to take off from. In the center were two and a half walls of a derelict temple whose wind-green hue seemed to defy time itself. There were half-ruined statues of rare flying Pokémon dotting the village square, but the only one recognizable was of the Wind Djinni, and even it was misshapen from the damage inflicted by the passage of time.

Shalin pointed toward a derelict temple that was missing one wall, a green dais in its center. "This is where I found the Gale Medallion," she said, remembering how. "You know Gym Leader ? His distant ancestors lived here. The Birdfathers. They once could understand birds' Pokémon speech. They could command and even ride bird Pokémon without the aid of equipment like a saddle and bridle. These, Howard... these are the remnants of the oldest-known bird trainers in Hoenn."

9M5cz|9Y Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 478}
{PC: 16}

NAME            SPECIES            STATUS
Sandy           Flygon             Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**         Good
Flit            Yanmega            Good
Treble          Kommo-o            Good
Lathiel         Type: Null         Good
Scar            Pyroar             KO
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 5:30:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Marvelous! Do you think they wrote down a translation of a conversation? I'll even take a transcript! Not even I can speak that language!" Howard pulled a book from his pocket and began flipping through it. It was filled to the brim with strange symbols mixed with readable languages like Kalosian, Paldean, and even Old Alolan. "Do all birds understand the same language? Perhaps they were blessed by the Tornadus you mentioned? You need to get me a meeting with this Alexei, Shalin!"

Howard clutched his notebook tightly, like a child with a toy, and looked imploringly at Shalin. As imploring as one could be with an eye missing, anyway. However, Howard quickly ran off, inspecting various ruins while laughing in delight. His wounds were seemingly forgotten.

"I gotta sketch this!" Howard looked at the dais.

"I gotta compare this with Draconid archway designs!" Howard looked at a ruin.

"Was this inspired by the ancient Hoyeons, or vice versa? I gotta date this! It could confirm the Hoiyennt Theory!"

Blast, there was just so much to do. If he had known there would be so much to study, Howard would've brought more paper. He'd have brought items for sketching, drawing, more photo film, more of everything. That Pidgeot was a massive threat, but they could beat it again, right? There was simply too much here to ignore. Maybe he could ask this Alexei fellow to clarify a few things.

As Howard ran around, a stone monument floated past Shalin without making a sound. The Claydol floated after Howard, not making a sound. The archaeologist didn't seem to notice it as he began sketching and taking notes.

NAMESPECIES
ShirleyAerodactyl
AyerNosepass
CelphoAnorith
CrumbleBaltoy

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 2:46:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin frowned. She appreciated Howard's excitement, but there were still far too many questions unanswered. "We were never able to translate their language," she replied, turning her facial expression upside down at the mention of the Fortree Gym Leader. "The best way to get ahold of him is to challenge his Gym. I'm probably going to challenge it myself soon. I'm sure he'd be willing to talk to you about it. These people are his distant ancestors, you know."

Lathiel loafed around, following and almost pesteringng Howard as he wandered, the archaeologist taking detailed notes of what he saw. "Unfortunately, with how thick the cloud layer is, we won't be able to fly through it. When you're ready, let's return to the entrance and head home. Only there's one problem... do you think your Aerodactyl can seat two? I'm not sure my body can handle the vibration with how... rough that battle with the Pidgeot was..."

{WC: 156}
{PC: 18}

NAME            SPECIES            STATUS
Sandy           Flygon             Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**         Good
Flit            Yanmega            Good
Treble          Kommo-o            Good
Lathiel         Type: Null         Good
Scar            Pyroar             KO
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 9:54:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"And this seems to reflect a change in..." Howard stopped, before turning to Shalin. "Challenge his Gym...?" Howard deflated so much that he looked like he was going to fall over and disappear, like a feather flapped away in the wind. "I'm no fighter, Shalin. That Pidgeot would've eaten me for breakfast if not for you."

If Shalin was going to challenge the Gym, maybe he could ask her to take his request when she went? It'd be better than getting thrashed in a battle, before groveling for an interview. Plus, the bird could be considered a demigod to these people. Oh, Arceus! Was he tresspassing on indigenous ground?

Alexei and Shalin had done it before, so hopefully Howard could get a pass by association with the Nariya Expeditions Program.

Thud. Howard was nudged slightly. As he looked towards the source of the nudging, he let out a shrill scream that sounded almost childish. Notes and notebooks flew everywhere as Howard jumped back several feet. The Claydol began to blink in a slew of colors through its respective eyes. Howard's eyes, wide with fear, narrowed.

"Eh?" Howard leaned in at it. This was a temple of a sky-faring people. They had no need for Claydols! Howard's mouth opened and made quiet sounds as the Claydol continued to blink in certain colors. Then, his eye widened. "Crumble! You evolved!" Howard lunged forward and hugged the doll, before frowning and crossing his arms. "But you couldn't evolve for the battle, huh? Ayer saved the day!"

The eyes blinked again.

"Hm..." Howard slouched, before sighing. "No, I'm not mad. I'm just peeved. We've been thrashed by birds. I'm sick of birds. I'm teaching you all Electric-type moves when I get a chance. Come on, Shalin. Let's go. Shirley will complain, but you can pay her back in saltine crackers. There's an excellent shop for them in Fortree!"

CRUMBLE EVOLUTION: Baltoy -> Claydol!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 21:30:05 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: