Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Turnip the Beet! Dewford Gym Battle! [GYM]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 10:53:03 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy feels like he’s watching a symphony. The girl falls into her element, masterfully directing her Pokemon about. They launch attacks one after the other, pivoting, switching, diverting. Her skill with smoke and mirrors is equal to any magician’s. Navy whistles, seeing how she’s taken this gym’s lesson to heart, or she seems to, anyway.[break][break]
By the time she’s done, the only Pokemon he has that remains standing is Genbu – and him only because he was scared the lion’s share of the onslaught. With three opponents surrounding him, he growls.[break][break]
Alright, Genbu. That’s enough.” Navy calls out to his sole remaining Pokemon. Genbu looks back at him, perplexed. The Pokemon cocks his head, perking his skull back up. The other Pokemon are recalled back into their pokeballs. With a clap, the lights turn on. The show’s over.[break][break]
I’ve seen enough. You’re a natural at Pokemon battling, anyone ever told you that, kid?” He has his hand in the pocket, smiling as he descends from his observation deck. Cool as a cucumber, he walks towards Vanilla.

[break][break]

+ [break]
You win

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 3:34:33 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
He called off the fight? Vanilla looked surprised at Navy as the man would call back Genbu, with the other two on his team incapacitated. Still fully into the battle, she'd stammer a bit at the lights coming back on and the gym leader coming down from his perch. He approached her as Vanilla could feel her heart racing still. Her body, however, was a bit drained from the battle. She hesitated for a moment before letting out a soft exhale. "Not really..." Vanilla said, shaking her head. "I tried to be a baker before this, but didn't really do much. Whenever I get into a fight, I just kind of...zone out." Vanilla explained while Proxii soon would pop out of her jacket pocket again, cheerful about the match.

"She kicked ass, of course! No doubt for an up and coming challenger. Pretty soon, Vanilla will be up there in the big leagues with moves like that!" The Rotomphone said triumphantly. Vanilla puffed her right cheek out before then looking back up at Navy. "I know you're impressed, b-but I don't really feel that I have this thing down pat. So I was wondering...If you didn't mind, maybe could you help me with it? I'd really appreciate any help or advice you may be able to give."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 10:15:59 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Mmm.” Now that the battle is over, uncertainty seems to drip back in. That’s life for those cut from their cloth. Moments of clarity are separated by long stretches of apprehension, uncertainty, doubt. Spikes of hope and dashes of pluck keep them going.[break][break]
The best teacher for the technical stuff’s gonna be Silph. Maher can tell you about weather. Faber goes in hard for duels. What I know, more than anything else, Kingsley, is people. I can tell you about ‘em. You’ve got a good heart, kid. I can tell. The main advice I can give you, and I really hope you take this to heart, is that not everyone does.”[break][break]
Motioning her along with a gesture, he leads her towards a quiet, unassuming little wall on the far side. There, the combatants who came before Vanilla have left their advice.[break][break]
Understanding the person you’re fighting, how they see the world, and how they view their Pokemon’s probably one of the most important things a warrior—a trainer can do.” He pauses, before handing her a paintbrush. “I know you think you have a long way to go, and you do, but all the same…before I hand you the badge, leave some advice for the trainers who come after you.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 22:33:32 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla listened to Navy's words, the teen remaining quiet while he'd tell her the names of other gym leaders who could help her. Some were common name, like Silph and Maher, but she still felt like any gym leader would be able to offer her advice on what she should do better. Of course, they all had busy schedules and she wasn't asking them to really set aside everything for some thirteen year old with a father issue.

He took her over to a portion of the gym's wall while she'd come face to face with a few of the messages from other challengers. Filled with advice and things. Navy handed her a brush and instructed her to write something on it, like the trainers who had come before her. Vanilla remained silent, moving along while looking at the many sorts of advice on the wall. All of it was helpful, but one stood out above the rest. It made her pause and look at it in earnest while her brain would process every bit of it.

Just be you.

"Just...be me?" Vanilla said to herself, lips moving without a sound coming out of her mouth. She thought back to how it felt to have her first gym match. How nerve wracking it was, worrying about her Pokemon and their health. But in that, she could feel it. the embers of aspiration swelling in her chest. She loved the feeling of going against the odds and winning like that. It was like the sweetest pastry that she had ever eaten back home. All it did was make her crave it again. She had been so deadset on becoming a great basker like her family despite her heart not being in it that trying to search for their father had introduced her to so many people, experiences. Sure, she was hurt and even if some people thought of her as hurt or vulnerable, Vanilla would do them again in an instant. Her placed wasn't behind an oven or in the kitchen, but outside with other people.

She wouldn't be the best like her siblings in whatever they did, she would just be herself.

Vanilla felt the nudge of Proxii, having been standing there, lost in her thoughts for a solid minute and a half. So she'd walk slowly to an open space before quickly writing her own words of encouragement. It was something that she maybe needed to hear from somebody, but never did. Hopefully, somebody would find some use for it. Once Vanilla was done, she took a moment to observe her work.

The chef of a perfect dish has the knowledge of ten thousand failed dishes.

She spun around to face Navy again, this time with a renewed sense of direction. "Thank you for the advice, the battle, everything." She slowly stuck out a hand, not to accept the badge, but to shake hands with the man with a smile. "Maybe some day, we can meet up and battle again."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 2:02:25 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Don’t mention, kid. Here.” He opens his jacket. Inside, it is lined with his own personal collection of badges. Every badge currently on offer within the region is on display, with one exception – Fernando Silph’s Silph Badge. Included in the collection is his own Valor Badge. Taking it out, he hands that one to Vanilla – his own personal copy of the badge. It’s easy enough to make another.[break][break]
It’s not a big deal if you wanna come back to Dewford any time. I’ll help you practice whenever, or give you tips. Just stay safe out there, alright?” He nods approvingly at the advice left on the gym wall.[break][break]
I look forward to seein’ how far your star can rise.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 22:17:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: