Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
All work and no play (funtasia)
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 13:23:38 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Busy, busy, busy.

Johanna had been buzzing around ever since the Carnival began. Luckily by now it was past the halfway point. So far everything has gone according to plan. Sure, there’d been a few issues, technical problems here and there especially during the moving around. But that was to be expected. And it seemingly hadn’t taken from the joyful experience everyone was having.

Still, there was plenty of work to do and to keep worker morale up, she made sure to be in the trenches with her workers. Perhaps she had been focusing too much on morale. Honestly she was exhausted.

Perhaps that was why had dragged her away from the work. It was time to have fun. But she couldn’t have fun on an empty stomach. So before any fun was had in the sun-bathed Dewford City Carnival, she bought some Carnival pop-corn to munch on while Megan decided what to do or try first.

PROMPT:
- Eat a Carnival Treat.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 19:05:12 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Carnivals, local festivals, sometimes just any kind of concert – for years, they had been the bane of her existence. Well, one of those. There had been quite a few. But, working in a Pokemart, she had dreaded those times in particular. For one, because they were always loud and others had fun while she had to work. But the customers, oh the customers had been the worst part of it. Those kinds of scenarios always got the loud and the inebriated to go shopping in the dead of night or something. Getting hit on by some dude with bad breath had been the highlight of those days, not the low point.[break][break]

Hence, during her journeys, she had for the most part dodged these kinds of occasions. Maybe watch fireworks from afar or something like that was enough for her. Only this time, that was not an option. Not when a certain someone close to her did the only thing worse – to organize and work hard to make a festival, only to completely miss it themselves.
[break][break]
That just would not do. Heck, when she had found the other, that one had been working herself. In a better position than Megan ever had had, comparatively, but working still, obviously tired, obviously hungry knowing her – which was vindicated now judging by how quickly Johanna had made a beeline to the pop-corn – it just would not do. And besides, forcing someone else to go out and play was a lot easier, ironically, when you were already forcing yourself.[break][break]
Hence, once the food was taken care of, Megan simply grabbed her, um, let’s go with complicated and started moving along, the other in tow. “Now. I have a few things on my agenda, but I guess you got to catch a bit of a break first. So I figured first we go to one of those Pokemon games, so you can eat that in peace and we can have our little friends stretch their legs. After that I am going to go after you yourself mh-m. That sound just about alright to you?” Not that she would take anything short of a truly insistent no as a deterrent.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 16:30:11 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
With food acquired Megan would drag her along, proclaiming that she had an agenda with all of this. There had been no doubt in Johanna’s mind that it was the case.

Johanna knew for certain that no matter how much she would fight Megan’s agenda, she would be forced to submit. So rather than waste the energy, she simply accepted the situation.

“I could use a break.” She muttered the moment Megan mentioned it.

Johanna munched on some popcorn as they walked along. “Sure, that sounds great.” She munched some more only to realize that she was hogging all the popcorn without even having asked if Megan wanted some.

And so she held the Popcorn bag toward Megan and asked. “Want some?”

PROMPT:
- Offer a carnival treat to someone else.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 18:31:26 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Well, she said it herself. That meant Megan was immediately vindicated and right. Simple as that. Not that it was hard to tell. Jo was always so…. High strung about things. Yes, Megan was aware that it would be hypocritical for her to complain about things like that, too. She had more than enough experience in that regard, certainly. But that was why she could relate. To that feeling of having to prove something, of having to do something because you could do it and it is worthwhile to do. It was one of the reasons why she had aspired to become a gym leader.
[break][break]
Had. Possibly. For now, she simply decided that being right was good enough, so she gave a bit of a cat-like grin. “Always, always,” she replied and snagged a handful of popcorn to snack on it. Then, she released her Poochyena and shared a bit of it with the little one. She had planned to bring that one out later one way or another – and she just knew he would smell it on her and complain otherwise. “Anyway, I myself am feeling that I have been taking too long a break. Granted, the last possibly world-ending skirmish isn’t that long ago – kind of feels way longer each time I think about it though – but I mean, like, I probably should get some stable working again, too. Kind of feel like a vagabond right now since everyone else has found something, you know. And yes, yes, I know. Sudden shift extraordinaire. Don’t worry though, that’s the only serious thing on my mind right now!”

[break][break]

+ nomming carnival treat

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 12:48:49 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
They share a moment between each other. It felt nice, Johanna might even say familiar, in a way her mind couldn’t quite place.

But as always times like these rarely last, and this was no exception. Megan brought up something rather serious, though as always she played it off cool.

Still, Johanna would have to respond, and she would do so in the only way she possibly could. By offering to help. “If you need a stable income just let me know, I am sure I can find a suitable position or two at Joyland.” She figured Megan wouldn’t accept. But hey, a bit of friendly nepotism hadn't hurt anyone (just look at the Andersons)

Either way, she would give Megan plenty of time to consider a response as the walked. From time to time Johanna would gaze out onto the Carnival, seeing the sight of happy guests in the midst of doing various games.

This time her gaze fell upon the Magikarp-Fishing-Game were a kid had scored the big jackpot, much to the dismay of the sibling by its side.

PROMPT:
- Reference the Magikarp Fishing game

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 20:39:33 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Now, this was the awkward part. Megan had knew that this would happen. Johanna was…not a simple person. Far from that for sure. But complicated did not mean unpredictable. Sure, Johanna was someone capable of surprising her – from suddenly turning out to be the one behind a masked Rocket to turning that around and becoming a gym leader in what felt to be record time – but at her core, this was one who always wanted to help. Not just Megan but also others, of course. It was as admirable as it sometimes was irritating when it got her embroiled in the lasted Hoenn weirdness.
[break][break]
But then again, that only mattered because she was always there, too, didn’t it? Megan, too, as she took her time to properly reply, noticed the proceedings at the Magikarp game. Certainly, these sorts of affairs were fun. Yet, more than most people, Megan was aware that she was only seeing that from the outside, from the perspective of someone who only once in a while visited a place like this for fun. And how different that was from having to man that booth all evening. It might be nice to watch kids’ eyes light up, but it would be frustrating when the drunk dudes came about.
[break][break]
No thanks. “No offense, of course, but that kind of feels too much like retail for me. And no way I am ever going back to that world.” She laughed once more, but this time it was probably more apparent she was brushing off some at least annoying memories. “Still though,” she started more soberly, “I would not mind, like, well…..ugh. Let me rewind that.” She harrumphed, briefly but strongly. “I was kind of wondering if you would need some help with your gym, you know?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 10:19:28 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Oh right…

Johanna felt silly for even considering it. In her eagerness to help she had completely forgotten Megan’s prior occupation. But what little tenseness tried to latch onto her was quickly eased as Megan didn’t seem offended by the suggestion.

Megan even came with a suggestion of her own. And honestly, Johanna wondered why she hadn’t thought of it first.

Johanna feigned thinking about it. But honestly, the answer was already clear to her. “Sure do. We can use all the strong Gym Trainers we can gather.” Johanna had no doubt that Megan would do well as a Gym trainer, even threatening her current second in command position. But that didn’t bother her at all, healthy competition and all.

“But just so you know it’s not all fun and battles. There is plenty of paperwork to do and manual labor to perform.” Now why did imagining Megan fulfilling that role feel so familiar?

PROMPT:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 20:36:49 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Yeah, I figured that out when I was challenging them myself,” she replied with a laugh. There was a surprising amount of paperwork involved with those, incidentally, but she knew about that ahead of time now, so it was mostly fine in her opinion. And in this case, that would be fine as well. Just as long as she got to fight those annoying customers at least it would be much, much more cathartic than her old job.
[break][break]
Though something did feel weird. Usually, she would have not joined another’s gym without at least fighting them to see who was the stronger to begin with. And they had never actually faced off against one another. Yet, somehow she felt as if she knew that they were at least evenly matched and did not have to worry about that. [break][break]
Odd, all that. “But yeah, it would all be fine. I mean, I am the one who always told everyone I wanted to be a gym leader, so I can’t exactly balk at the work they do, now can I? Sounds like a win-win situation to me one way or the other.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 14:11:24 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Megan’s reassurances eased Johanna, paving the way for excitement. The thought of having Megan there at the gym as a mainstay filled her with an unusually large amount of happiness, as if the imagery of such a situation awoke some long hidden experiences.

“Great! Well, we can get all of that set up tomorrow!” Johanna said. “But no work today.” She reminded Megan of the very clause she had placed on the day's activities.

For they had a fun-filled slice-of-life montage to experience!

PROMPT:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 19:47:44 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Phew. To say that this went better than expected would be a lie. Really, this was what she should have expected. Honestly, she had not been able to think of a good reason for Jo to object. Yet, that fear had still been there, no matter how unsubstantiated it might have been. These kinds of things were not really logical anyway.
[break][break]

But that did not mean one could just lay them to rest without going through with the whole thing. Which now, she had. And Meg was glad for it. In part because it got the other to all but beam at her in response. “Right, right. No work tonight indeed,” she responded, feigning some kind of admonishment in the process. Then, she simply took the other’s free hand in her own and started pulling towards….she did not know. But she felt that simply moving forward was best. Something would inevitably catch her eye, after all. It was bound to happen. But as long as they were moving forward, that was fine.
[break][break]

Actually, that thought made her chuckle. “Ah, I think I get it now. Before I set out on my journey, when I was really down, that one lady asked me about what the most important step was. I thought it was obvious, when I set out. The first one, of course. But she shook her head, even as she saw me off. But I do get it now, I think.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 13:52:49 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
As Johanna and Megan move onward, hand in hand smiles upon their faces as they pass one Carnival ride after the other, they become the spitting image of a happy-ending for fanfiction authors around the world to claim as the one true evidence of their OC Ship.

And as the metaphorical credits would start scrolling in the background, the Carnival music played the role of outro-theme, Megan’s voiced-over question was offered for the grand season finale.

But Johanna’s answer was never given to the reader as the scene panned upward toward the skies in true anime fashion before fading into the void letting the two women have their day of merriment until the next season would arrive. .

PROMPT:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 7:54:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: