february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
In it to win it [gym battle/C]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 16:53:17 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

Hideo. That name sounded very familiar. He wasn’t really sure why though. It was driving him crazy. Because if it was a name he knew he should at least remember how he knew it. He had an eidetic memory for crying out loud. So he shouldn’t be forgetting stuff.
[break][break]
Before challenging gyms he always looked up as much as he could about the gym. Which was what he had done when he had decided to go for his second gym badge. And he had decided to go with Littleroot’s gym because the name of the gym leader had stood out to him.
[break][break]
Apparently the gym leader was around his own age. ”He’s just another kid. Why is a kid trying to grow up so fast,” he mused thoughtfully. Though he supposed he didn’t have much room to talk. He had started taking a few college classes online in his spare time.
[break][break]
Currently he was waiting to face Hideo. He had arrived a bit earlier than attended and had been told to wait. He supposed that’s what he gets for setting out so early on his Hisuian Zoroark worried that he would end up being late.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 23:28:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo received challengers of all ages and all walks of life. He didn't implement any restrictions beyond the League's minimums, and he'd apply the same effort for all their challenges.

This next competitor was around his own age; he always felt a bit uplifted getting to battle challengers around his own age or younger, knowing they were getting the opportunities his own parents denied him for so long.

Someone who was already here. Whoops. Time could fly by when you were having fun.

Absalom wouldn't need to wait much longer, Hideo soon approaching. "Absalom, right?" he asked, more of a formality - he trusted his Pokemon to guide him to the proper challenger. "I'm Hideo. Sorry for the wait; that last battle took a bit more time than I'd expected."

Said battle was resolving an argument between his Beheeyems about who got to play with his Wooloo.

"I'll take you to the room now. Just follow me." Him and the Musharna floating above him. "So, what's got you interested in trying out my Gym, Absalom? I was told it's your second Gym challenge." A bit of small talk as they progressed, to help ease the tension.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 18:31:21 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The sound of his name pulled him from the notes he was looking through and he looked up. Of course he had known he was his age so that wasn’t what gave him pause. Some might think it was because he had been so absorbed in what he had been doing that the other male had caught him off guard. That wasn’t it either though. He had gotten the same sense he got upon seeing his name a sense of déjà vu. Like he knew him. This was starting to give him a headache so he decided to think on it later.
[break][break]
”That is correct,” he said in what was probably a few seconds after he was asked. He hasn’t been lost in thought to long after all. He had always been the kind of person who could analyze things quickly.
[break][break]
The wait hadn’t been a problem. It wasn’t like he hadn’t found something to do with his time. ”Don’t worry about it,” he said waving off his apology. When the other teen talked about taking him to the room they would battle in he hummed in agreement but otherwise didn’t say anything. He had never been good at conversing. Never really knowing what to say.
[break][break]
Luckily Hideo continued with the conversation asking about his reasons for challenging him. ”Yes I already challenged the Mauville gym and attained the badge,” he commented before continuing. ”I suppose you could call it supporting another kid,” he said trying not to make a face at the word kid. At times he really didn’t like that word.
[break][break]
”If you don’t mind me asking. What made you decide to be a gym leader so young? Doesn’t it feel like you’re throwing your childhood away?” he inquired curiously as he continued to follow the other teen.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 23:36:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded as he received his answer. " 's gym, right? I've heard his Gym's pretty popular. Funny enough, I got my first badge in Mauville too, though that was with the Gym Leader before him." 's Gym challenge was one he could never forget - in part because of the weird reactions he got when he described it.

But the challenger's next question crashed that mood, furrowing Hideo's brow and ruining his smile. "There's nothing wasteful about being a Gym Leader. I like doing this. I'd be throwing my time away if I did nothing but sit inside at home all day."

The mood was unfortunately soured, but it wouldn't be much longer until they reached the doors to the arena, opening wide on their approach.

It was a fairly featureless room, with a number of people sitting on the bleachers on each side. A number of psychic Pokemon were at each end of the arena, and on the opposing end of the arena, stood two of Hideo's Pokemon.

One, an imposing Hatterene, who warily gazed at the two boys as they entered the room. The other, a Malamar, who was also bore a suspicious expression - though that was her natural look. There was some muttering among the audience about the Hatterene's noted lack of a Mega Stone, something she usually held all the time, and that Hideo didn't have his Z-ring on him.

"Once you got your team ready, we can begin." Hideo didn't look back to face Absalom until he reached his team, giving the challenger a chance to prepare.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 16:13:47 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

”Yes that’s right I did his nontraditional challenge. Managed to come in second,” he explained to the he other teen. He couldn’t keep his curiosity to himself and his eyes widened at the change in atmosphere his question brought. Hearing the other teens response he couldn’t help but frown.
[break][break]
He pushed away his building frustration and decided to answer the other teen calmly. ”Please don’t put words in my mouth. I never said anything about it being a wasteful. Look adults even burn themselves out, I just don’t want to see that happen to someone so young,” he said before his face heated up when he realized how it sounded.
[break][break]
”I mean I’m a kid myself. And I don’t sit at home I explore what the region has to offer. But the truth is I’m not sure how to be a kid myself. I guess I just want people to have what I don’t. If that makes sense,” he said frowning. It was basically like if he could chose to suffer in place of someone else he would. It kind of followed the same logic.
[break][break]
Upon reaching the room he looked around. He noticed the people around the room first before he noticed the Pokémon. Seeing all the people did make him a bit anxious and as always when he was feeling anxious he repressed his emotions. It was best he didn’t let his anxiety get the best of him.
[break][break]
Once he had been given the go ahead he released his Hisuian Zoroark and Wigglytuff from their pokeballs. Of course he made sure they were fine before letting Hideo know he was ready. ”Ready,” he told him his voice giving nothing away.[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 20:35:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo didn't answer any further, his focus on preparing the match. He was here to test Absalom, not argue with him - as his Pokemon were reminding him mentally.

Once Absalom had his team out, Hideo would begin. "Now that we got our Pokemon ready, let's set up the stage!" A Psychic Terrain was spread by the Psychic Pokemon on the outer edges of the arena, the environment quickly transforming into something completely different.

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Round 1! Fight!
[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Woods
The building around them disappeared, the bleachers and the audience disappearing as well. It would be as if the building they were in had never existed; they stood within a massive green forest, where the trees towered so high that their canopies would be hard to differentiate from the sky.

The ground beneath them had changed into grass, the blades unnaturally thick and indistinct upon close observation. The grass was only visual, the ground feeling the same as they'd been standing on moments ago, yet the grass would react to their actions as if it were real, moving to touch or force.

Despite the size of the room seemingly expanding, all challengers would be aware of the proper dimensions of the room (as well as where the spectators were located) courtesy of the Telepathic Pokemon maintaining the illusion. The light illuminating the arena came from the outskirts, rather than from above, with wisp-like lights floating up around them.

Hideo pointed forth, towards Abaslom. "With the room properly set up: the first moves go to the challenger."

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1140382864001736834/oie_seq1JVi8SaO5.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 19:07:46 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Axel didn’t push the issue either. Even if he was confused. Confused as to why his words had had such an affect on the other teen. He sighed shaking his head to clear it and waited for the other teen to do what he had to do. Something about setting up the stage.
[break][break]
A brief widening of his eyes was the only sign he gave to the change of the scenery. His expression soon resumed its neutral expression though and he let his gaze sweep the new scenery. Upon closer expectation he would find that only what they perceived had changed. Marking what he was seeing as an illusion.
[break][break]
Hideo’s voice jolted him from his observations and he mentally reprimanded himself for letting himself get distracted. Mirage use agility, Song keep Mirage covered and use Disarming Voice,” he said his attention mostly focused on Hideo and the opposing Pokémon.
[break][break]
Having their orders Mirage and did as they were told. While the Hisuian Zoroark was upping his speed song fired off its attack sending a ring of hearts towards both Pokémon. It was the hope that they both get hit by an attacked while Mirage worked on increasing his speed to make him better at evading attacks.[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 0:59:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1144073276683997318/Emerald_Woods_I_Quiet.mp3[/player]
Emerald Woods I

[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Woods
And so, the battle began on a loud note - quite literally, as that Disarming Voice rang through the arena quickly, hearts approaching fast. The Hatterene took the attack fairly well, blocking it somewhat with her head-arm. The Malamar tried the same with one of its noodly arms, but the damage was clearly greater on it, a heart-shaped mark on its face.

A mark it was not happy with - though its chronic bitch-face would make that hard to tell.

"Vibes, show them our big blasts! Mal, do what you do best!"

A bright pink light enveloped the Hatterene, until it was unleashed as a Dazzling Gleam towards the two opponents, a wave of light flying towards them. And as it flew it, the Malamar charged ahead, facing towards the Wigglytuff. A small sphere of psychic energy grew around its forehead, firing forward as a Psybeam at the target of its attention.

Hatterne and Malamar hit by Disarming Voice
Hatterene used Dazzling Gleam against H!Zoroark and Wigglytuff
Malamar approaching Wigglyuff
Malamar used Psybeam on Wigglytuff

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1140382864001736834/oie_seq1JVi8SaO5.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 16:46:52 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

His focus was on the battle and he watched as the Hatterene was able to somewhat block the attack while the Malamar wasn’t so lucky. Now it would be the gym leaders turn to attack and he planned on keeping an eye on what moves the used. He doubted he would outright call them out so that meant he would have to pay attention to the Pokémon themselves.
[break][break]
It seemed he was right in his line of thinking. And it was only due to training so much with Song that he could tell what move the Hatterne was about to use. ”Sink away into the shadows,” he told Mirage the fox Pokémon immediately using Shadow Sneak to sink away into the shadows and avoid the attack. Before extending his shadow to attack the Hatterne.
[break][break]
Song wasn’t so lucky though since she didn’t have a move anything like that so the best he could do was tell her to brace herself. Things to Songs partial fairy typing the dazzling gleam didn’t pack as much of a punch as it might have against a different Pokémon. The psybeam did pack more of a punch though.
[break][break]
Noticing that Malamar had moved closer he hoped the move would pack more of a punch. ”Song, show them what you’re made of,” he said and upon hearing that Song immediately released her own dazzling gleam[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + H.Zoroark using Shadow Sneak to avoid the Dazzling Gleam and attack Hatterne[break]
Wigglytuff gets hit by Dazzling Gleam and Psybeam[break]
Wigglytuff retaliates with Dazzling Gleam against Hatterne and Malamar

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:36:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1144073276683997318/Emerald_Woods_I_Quiet.mp3[/player]
Emerald Woods I

[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Woods
The Hatterene watched the Zoroark slink into its shadow. Had that truly been a Shadow Sneak it'd used, or was it a Phantom Force? The shadow that extended towards her hinted to the former.

It wa an attack she was quite familiar with; Hideo's Gardevoir, when she was still around, loved using that attack. She knew the kind of force behind it, taking the blow well, even if it were super-effective against her. She was pushed back, but she still stood strong.

In retaliation, she concentrated her Psychic energy on the Zoroark, intending to toss it aside - away from its partner and the Malamar.

Said Malamar continued her charge, even as the Dazzling Gleam came her way. She powered through the super-effective attack, taking the brunt for the Hatterene as well.

The Hatterene did take some damage from the Dazzling Gleam, her fairy-typing providing no resistance; her own natural durability was sufficient.

The Malamar was now in range, launching into a Superpower against the Wigglytuff, her tentacles swinging strong. And Contrary to what most would believe, such a powerful attack would do nothing to weaken the Malamar - it would only empower her.

Hatterne hit by Shadow Sneak
Hatterene used Psychic on H!Zoroark
Malamar hit by Dazzling Gleam
Hatterene (lightly) hit by Dazzling Gleam
Malamar used Superpower on Wigglytuff

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:05:09 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Mirage was tossed with the psychic but had been braced for the attack and landed gracefully. Song on the other hand wasn’t faring as well as Mirage having taken more damage. But Mirage was faster than Song was. So the H.Zoroark was able to evade attacks better.
[break][break]
Song made up for it by being a bit on the sturdy side though. Even so there was only only so much a Pokémon could take. One thing he had learned about Song though was that she was very protective of him and the other Pokémon he had on him. And while Mirage wouldn’t go down without a fight due to being competitive, Song wouldn’t go down without a fight because she wanted to keep him and the others safe.
[break][break]
So he wasn’t surprised when Song used the last of her energy to use Dazzling Gleam on the Malamar in a desperate attempt to try and take the dark/psychic down with it. As Song fainted he returned the Wigglytuff to her pokeball. ”You fought well Song, sorry I didn’t guide you better,” he said the last part on a murmur.
[break][break]
While Axel was dealing with that Mirage fired off a Shadow Ball at the Hatterne. [break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + H.Zoroark hit with psychic[break] Wigglytuff hit with Superppwer [break] Wigglytuff uses the last of her energy to hit use Dazzling Gleam against Malamar, only has enough energy to use the move against Malamar [break] Wigglytuff faints [break] H.Zoroark uses Shadow Ball against Hatterne

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 0:33:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1144073277212467261/Emerald_Woods_II_Quiet.mp3[/player]
Emerald Woods II

[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Woods
The Malamar stood over her fallen foe, smugly watching as it went down. Her head turned towards the Hatterene and Zoroark's battle, already planning out how to steal the Hatterene's thunder and interrupt the fight.

Only to turn her head back the moment she heard an attack charging from the Wigglytuff. It was at that moment that the Malamar realized that taking a Dazzling Gleam to the face wasn't the smartest idea.

And she was about to take another. She barely had enough time to move before the blast of fairy energy reached her, sending her flying back right onto her face. She'd at least managed to keep the Hatterene from taking any of the damage. But she herself wasn't getting up from that, the Malamar drawn back into her Pokeball.

Which left just two battlers in the Emerald Woods.

The Shadow Ball came flying for the Hatterene, but she was already prepared for it: in her head-hand, she held a glob of Magic Powder. As the Shadow Ball got close, she tossed her glob at it, the Shadow Ball gaining a lighter tint.

It didn't stop the attack from reaching her - but a Psychic attack was much easier for her to manage than a Ghost one.

And with that, she charged forward, intending to meet the Zoroark head-on - literally so, trying to grab the Pokemon with her head-hand.

Malamar hit by Dazzling Gleam
Malamar KO'd
Hatterene intercepts the Shadow Ball with some Magic Powder
Hatterene hit by Shadow Ball, but it was changed to a Psychic-type attack by Magic Powder
Hatterene is rushing towards the H!Zoroark, trying to grab it

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 19:19:04 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

To his relief Song took the Malamar down with it. That left just Mirage and Hatterene to battle it out. He could feel him getting excited but he quickly pushed his excitement down. It wouldn’t do to get excited and let his excitement trigger his condition. Besides getting excited would cause him to get sloppy. Even so it didn’t mean he wasn’t enjoying the battle. Battling had always given him a bit of a rush making it hard to keep his emotions in check.
[break][break]
He was enjoying the battle so much that he didn’t mind that the power behind Mirage’s attack was diminished. His attention remained on the opposing pokemon as it got closer. Mirage wasn’t attacking right away, waiting until the Hatterene closed the attention between it before it attacked.
[break][break]
Once the opposing Pokémon had gotten close enough it swung its claws at the Hatterene. His claws looked like they were surrounded by shadows giving away that Mirage was using the move Shadow Claw which was a got move to use if you were up close and personal with your opponent. It was part of the reason he had waited until now to use the move.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + H.Zoroark let’s Hatterne close the distance between them and uses Shadow Claw

[KO]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 22:57:03 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Woods
The last two Pokemon no longer kept to long-range attacks: it was close-quarters combat now, and it would end when only one was left standing.

The Shadow Claw came hard and fast - and struck the Hatterene as such. She was pushed back a moment, the blow clearly a hard one - but she was a tough Pokemon, and she was still in the fight; it'd take a bit more than that to put her down.

Her head-hand glowed light purple, psychic energy enveloping it. The hand was shaped flat, the Psycho Cut ready and aimed straight for the Zoroark's body. She might not have been the speediest battler, but she was certainly a powerful one.

Hatterene hit by Shadow Claw
Hatterene used Psycho Cut

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 5:05:41 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Axel watched as the attack pushed the opposing Pokémon back. However, the Hatterne didn't go down yet. It appeared that the dual-type was sturdier than he had anticipated. He had no idea that such a Pokémon could be so tough. He realized that he needed to read up more on this Pokémon since his father's notes didn't mention anything about its durability.
[break][break]
Mirage attempted to dodge the psychic cut, but he couldn't avoid it entirely. Although it didn't hit him directly, it was enough to push him back slightly. However, Mirage could withstand more damage than the opposing Pokémon since he hadn't taken as much damage.
[break][break]
Now that Mirage had taken some damage, he felt like he could use his trump card. He hoped that it would be enough to secure a victory. Even if it wasn't, Mirage still had some fight left in him. For now, he would see if this move would allow them to win.
[break][break]
"Show him what you're made of," he said, signaling Mirage to use his signature move. The air became oppressive as Mirage channeled his resentment and unleashed Bitter Malice towards the Hatterne.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + H.Zoroark tries to dodge the psychic cut[break]
H.Zoroark isn’t able to fully dodge and is still hit with the psychic cut[break]
H.Zoroark uses Bitter Malice on Hatterne

[KO]